It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldiers are dying everyday Iraq!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Okay, this has really gotten under my skin finally. Everyday, when I look on CNN.com or FoxNews.com. I'm always reading a new headline that U.S. soldiers have died in one way or another in Iraq. This is happening everyday and I'm tired of seeing it. It seems to never end. Is anyone getting sick and tired of this? It seems to me that we're not winning the war over there if our soldiers continue to die everyday. We made the worse mistake sending our troops over there. Does anyone agree?

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Theres no way we will be able to "control" Iraq to the extent that the Bush admin. wants to without more troops, which is why more are being called up and it wouldnt surprise me if we see a draft in the near future.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
Theres no way we will be able to "control" Iraq to the extent that the Bush admin. wants to without more troops, which is why more are being called up and it wouldnt surprise me if we see a draft in the near future.

I do believe your right about the draft, why else would the Universal National Services Act of 2003 be making the rounds in both the House and the Senate? I can only hope to be wrong on this one though.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
mrmulder, of course this makes me sick. We shouldn't have engaged in this battle to begin with.

Shoktek, I fear the same about a draft. I'm within the age range and my parents aren't rich, so you know the rest. I refuse to contribute to an unjust war!

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The current administration has plans for a new draft, but dont know if or when it will be enacted. As of now I think people will have the option to serve in the military or do some community service or something if they are drafted, if not I dont know what I will do...I dont mind fighting for a just cause if we have to, but Im not going to go get killed for Bush's personal glory.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
mrmulder, sorry, but it's a war, and people die.

Also, wasn't it just recently that a senator or representative wanted to reinstitute the draft because there aren't enough white people in the army?

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarrierAnomaly

Does that mean that these people's lives don't matter? If our country had any GOOD LEGITIMATE reason to be sending young people off to die in battle, I would be fighting along side them. The war is illegal and serves no purpose. I don't think you would say "im sorry but its a war and people die" if you ended up being drafted to go fight. So until youve actually fought in a war, or seen what happens in a war for your own eyes, SHUT THE # UP.

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yeah, soldiers are dying every day in Iraq. Hey, children and babies are dying every day in Chicago. The elderly are dying every day in New York. Mothers are dying every day in LA.

The current death toll in Iraq of US soldiers from the beginning is LOWER then the anual murder rate in Chicago, which isn't even a war zone. Don't you care about the kids getting gunned down by a drive by that goes wrong?

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Don't you care about the kids getting gunned down by a drive by that goes wrong?

This is way out in left field in relation to the topic, and not meant as a persnoal shot by any means, but how can a driveby go right?

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Good point. I suppose I meant the driveby goes wrong in the gang member's eyes because they missed the one they were gunning for.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Yeah, soldiers are dying every day in Iraq. Hey, children and babies are dying every day in Chicago. The elderly are dying every day in New York. Mothers are dying every day in LA.

The current death toll in Iraq of US soldiers from the beginning is LOWER then the anual murder rate in Chicago, which isn't even a war zone. Don't you care about the kids getting gunned down by a drive by that goes wrong?

You make a good point there. So why then isn't that posted on the news everyday as opposed to the war? See that's what's really upsetting. The media seems to care more about what goes on there then what does here in the states.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Good point. I suppose I meant the driveby goes wrong in the gang member's eyes because they missed the one they were gunning for.

I really like how you are comparing Bush's illegal war to other criminal acts such as driveby shootings! You are right, both are senseless crimes! Its just that the leader of a nation shouldnt be doing such a thing.

"Every form of government tends to perish by excess of its basic principles."

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

I really like how you are comparing Bush's illegal war to other criminal acts such as driveby shootings! You are right, both are senseless crimes! Its just that the leader of a nation shouldnt be doing such a thing.

"Every form of government tends to perish by excess of its basic principles."

They were also comparing it to everyday, unavoidable events like birth death, disease, and medical complications. Want me to make an analogy out of that?

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I never said that their lives don't matter. All I said is that is what happens. It's just the briutal reality of things. That doesn't mean they don't matter, though.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
They were also comparing it to everyday, unavoidable events like birth death, disease, and medical complications. Want me to make an analogy out of that?

No thanks..but in this case war was by no means "unavoidable". It is completely different.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
"The war is illegal and serves no purpose."

ermm.... excuse me?
ive only read a few posts by you and i already dislike u

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage
"The war is illegal and serves no purpose."

ermm.... excuse me?
ive only read a few posts by you and i already dislike u

...and why should this matter to me? Either tell me what you agree/disagree with or dont say anything..

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
Okay, this has really gotten under my skin finally. Everyday, when I look on CNN.com or FoxNews.com. I'm always reading a new headline that U.S. soldiers have died in one way or another in Iraq. This is happening everyday and I'm tired of seeing it. It seems to never end. Is anyone getting sick and tired of this? It seems to me that we're not winning the war over there if our soldiers continue to die everyday. We made the worse mistake sending our troops over there. Does anyone agree?

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by mrmulder]

I have been opposed to the invasion from the very beginning. Knowing their history and having been there myself, I knew we were about to take a ball bat to a hornet's nest.

I also knew the WMD threat to be empty. And that our boys AND girls would be dying for no good reason. Unless you consider dying for Bechtel and Halliburton and Exxon a noble cause. It makes me so sick words fail me.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarrierAnomaly

That's BU#.

Also, wasn't it just recently that a senator or representative wanted to reinstitute the draft because there aren't enough white people in the army?

Congressman Charles Rangel proposed to re-instate the draft for the sake of fairness and equality. As of right now, only one congress member has a child in the enlisted ranks of the military. His reasoning was.. if you're gonna send our sons and daughters off to fight a war, then YOUR kid's going, too. That's what it was about.

Personally, I think the draft is an awful and dangerous idea. Force folks to go fight? It doesn't work. Even during the Gulf war, when most were there because they wanted to be and believed in the effort - including me - there were still soldiers I wouldn't have gotten near b/c one of our guys might've taken a shot at them during a firefight. If those people are drafted the number of those fragging incidents will skyrocket.

If you are 17 to 26, you're draft material. If you're against the draft DO NOT VOTE FOR BUSH. You will most likely see it re-instated after he is re-(S)elected.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
"...and why should this matter to me? Either tell me what you agree/disagree with or dont say anything.. "

the war serves no purpose?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join