It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldiers are dying everyday Iraq!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage
"...and why should this matter to me? Either tell me what you agree/disagree with or dont say anything.. "

the war serves no purpose?

The only purpose that war serves is getting rid of Saddam. I for one am glad he is no longer in control of that country regardless if we should've gone or not. At least innocent people are no longer getting torchured by his bath party.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Yes...christ, why dont you elaborate a little bit on what purpose you think the war DOES serve before you criticize anything. I love people who mouth off but don't know what they are talking about, or can't even constructively argue without just resorting to insults.

And I have read many of your posts, and they mainly seem to be quick smart ass comments, quotes said by people with no explanation, and you usually dont even state your opinion with your own words. I always state my opinion as well I can instead of just posting bullsh!t that means nothing.

Let's try this again...what purpose does the war serve, in your opinion, and why is this purpose worth the lives of soldiers??

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Yay! Saddam's gone! Now there's rampant murder, rape and robbery; looting of ancient artifacts and manuscripts; women being made to cover up - a'la Taliban - gas prices have skyrocketed in-country; massive power outages; desalinization plants destroyed; pure misery, etc etc etc...

Go George Dubya!

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The war did serve many purposes. The unfortunate part was that the administration lied to everyone about those purposes.
Weapons programs? Nope, but it sounds scary so they went with it.
Get rid of that pesky Saddam and sons? Check (I still think special ops should have been used instead)
Get a nice cozy strategic base right in the heart of OPEC? Check
Scare the rest of the mideast into towing the Washington line? Check
Prevent OPEC from switching it's trade currency to the euro? Check (temporarily anyway)

Was the war "criminal"? I would say....probably.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well the war did serve "purposes" of course, those of which will never benefit our country or Iraq I would suppose. We went along with a higher agenda, power and money is what Bush is after.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
The war did serve many purposes. The unfortunate part was that the administration lied to everyone about those purposes.
Get rid of that pesky Saddam and sons? Check (I still think special ops should have been used instead)
Prevent OPEC from switching it's trade currency to the euro? Check (temporarily anyway)

Good points.

Except I'd say... rather than "unfortunate that they lied.." I'd say it was criminal and Bush should be impeached for lying. They knew that the intelligence they used was bogus. How do I know that? Because I knew it myself.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarrierAnomaly
mrmulder, sorry, but it's a war, and people die.

Also, wasn't it just recently that a senator or representative wanted to reinstitute the draft because there aren't enough white people in the army?

Hmm, was that a typo or have you got something against black ppl?

Oh, and in Finland there is a 6,8,12 months
military service or 8,12 months civilian service

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by Kormy]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
What I keep saying to people is that this war is here to stay as long as bush is president and there is nothing we can do about it right now. I am not for the war or against it. I am angry because my fiance is going to be sent over there in April. I am afraid and I don't want him to leave for the sake of our un-born child. I am going to give birth to a baby without his father being there. I am afraid for my fiance. But he signed a contract and he knew what he was doing with that pen in his hand and now he has to hold his end of the deal. Stop getting angry at each other over this. We are all as freaked out as others. All we can do now is plan to vote for a smarter president and sit and wait and pray. That's all we can do.
God bless

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder

"...and why should this matter to me? Either tell me what you agree/disagree with or dont say anything.. "

The only purpose that war serves is getting rid of Saddam. I for one am glad he is no longer in control of that country regardless if we should've gone or not. At least innocent people are no longer getting torchured by his bath party.

What are you talking about plenty of Iraqis die each day after Saddam was gone. They all get tortured then killed death squads.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The casulty rate in my unit in Iraq was over 30% (that's dead and wounded). It truely sucked to see your friends get hurt, or worse. Everyone had their moments when we didn't want to be there but we also understood it's not about WMDs or other political non-sense. It's about holding a line. Maybe Iraq wasn't the best place to draw that line, but it was drawn and now we're stuck with it.

For an example of not holding the line, see the Roman Empire. Yeah I know they were corrput and decadent, but the dark ages weren't such a good deal either.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
My husband went to work Friday and found out that one of the Marines killed the other day was his co-worker's son. The son had only been in Iraq for 40 days when it happened.

He was only a young kid. I feel horrible for his family.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Things are bad over there but when you figure the amount of soldiers that die a year in Iraq with the amount of soldiers that are depolyed over there the number isn't so bad. Then when you think about the number of soldiers that died in a day during past wars, Iraq dose not seem all that bad. The thing is why the soldiers I getting killed? What is this all for?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   

The only purpose this ILLEGIAL War serves is the corporate elite.
how can anyone even argue that this war is JUST..

it was a complete LIE to begin with..
Now look at the the good american citizens that are being murdered because of your lying president?

These are Men , women, childeren Dying out there.. for what?
What is the ultimate goal here?

To give the Iraqi's FREEDOM?
Or was it the WMD's?
no no no it was the THREAT to the USA wasnt it..

Christ i cant remmeber,there's been so many LIES, FAILINGS and miscommunications who really knows why wew are there.

But ill tell you this, the world will never forgive the US for causing this much UN-NEEDED bloodshed..

and all those that still follow and argue FOR this war.. you really are blind to the truth arent you.

If you could put a stop to all the murder and so forth in chicago before it begins.. good on you.. but you cant.. tis not going to happen

but the iraq war?
Could of been stopped, it never needed to happen.

Thats what makes this so much more worse.
And tha fact your president still defends this slaughter to the world?

Every word he says the US and its citizens lose credability.
Because the entire world can see the lies, can see the blood.... everyone accept your president.

Saddams gone, yay.. lets all rejoice..
give it 10 days after his death.. and it'll be non-existent.
The civil war will still be happning, endless iraqi's and us will still be dying..
and there will still be no light at the ened of the tunnel.

Every country murders people..
why is saddam so different?
because he is an enemy of the US

You think we're going to publically declare CHINA a rogue regime, because they torture and kill?

Saddam was a bad evil man.

But you need a madman... to control mad people.
Anything setup in Iraq will fail, beause it will have the STENCH of the illegial american occupation about it.

Saddam controlled IRAQ better than anyone could..
the US taking him out was a major stuff up...

Saddam would of HELPED the western world against Iran.. did you bother to think about that?
Now we have effectivley given the enemy more room,more men and more ability to promote hatred against us.

Yep IRaqi's a success, and a nessecity.. christ son WAKE UP!

[edit on 12-11-2006 by Agit8dChop]

bih

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2

the same thing is with your US president and I dont see any country attacking the USA to get rid of Bush

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join