It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Light In Our Sky?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
not sure if this is what I saw last night, but around 1:30 am me and a few friends were in front of our house, and I was the first to notice a very strange light in the sky flashing red and blue, comparable to a police siren but not blinking as fast as a siren. Also saw a nice little object fireball in the atmosphere from a shooting star

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
www.niburu.nl...?articleID=17198I found this on a dutch site called Niburu.nl
I tried to translate it using my own best knowledge and with the use of babelfish. Haven't found anything about it in this this topic so I posted this to see what your opinion is about there claims.

Zou dit de blauwe ster Kachina kunnen zijn van de Hopi voorspellingen? De Hopi indianen in de Verenigde Staten zijn nauw verwant aan de Maya indianen van Midden-Amerika en leven tegenwoordig in een reservaat in Arizona. Net als de Maya(s) geloven de Hopi dat we momenteel in het vierde tijdperk leven, de Vierde Zon, en dat dit tijdperk zijn einde nadert.

TRANSLATION DUTCH TO ENGLISH

Could it be the blue star Kachina from the Hopi prophesies?
The Hopi indians in the United States are closely related to the Maya indians from mid-america and life nowadays they life in a preserve in Arizona. Just like th Mayans , the hopi believe that we are currently living in a 4th era of life , the fourth sun, and that this era will soon come to an end.

De Hopi voorspelling zegt: Wanneer de Blauwe Ster Kachina zich aan het firmament vertoont, zal de Vijfde wereld te voorschijn komen. Dat zal de Dag der Loutering zijn.

The forecast of the Hopi says: When the blue star Kachina shows himself to the firmament, the fifth world will come to show itself. That will be the day of the Loutering.

De Hopi naam van de ster Sirius is Blauwe Ster Kachina. Het zal komen wanneer de Saquasohuh (Blauwe Ster) op het dorpsplein danst en zijn masker afdoet.

The Hopi name of the star Sirius is blue star Kachina. It will come when the Saquasohuh (blue star) on the rural square dance and its mask takes off.

Hij symboliseert een blauwe ster, ver weg en nog niet zichtbaar, die snel zal verschijnen. Een Kachina is de geest (de representant) van de onzichtbare krachten in het leven. Deze tijd is voorspeld in een lied dat in 1914 werd gezongen net voor de Eerste Wereldoorlog tijdens de Wuwuchim ceremonie.

He symbolises a blue star, far gone and not yet visible, which will appear rapidly. Kachina are the spirit (the representant) of the invisibly strengths in living. This time has been predicted in a song which was sung in 1914, exactly for the first world war during the Wuwuchim ceramics.

there is more at the source
www.niburu.nl...?articleID=17198

I have to go to sleep and I posted it as quick as I could before I forgot to do it. but its not done yet so for people wanting to know more I suggest they fill the rest on with a translation program and if they know dutch and english they can post the rest but I have to got to sleep have to go to work within 4 hours.

[edit on 4-11-2007 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Does anyone have a comment on coma increase being attributable to the fact that Mars, Earth, Venus and Mercury were in the same orbital quadrant at the time of its increase?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I just finished cleaning up after the hurricane

Can someone tell me if we're going to die by this thing hitting our planet?

What's the latest on this? Is it getting bigger, CLOSER???

I thought it was moving away from us.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Another good source with a lot of pictures.

Comet Holmes Photo Gallery

Look at this one, pretty creepy.

[edit on 11/4/2007 by TheInfamousOne]

[edit on 11/4/2007 by TheInfamousOne]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by scrapple
Does anyone have a comment on coma increase being attributable to the fact that Mars, Earth, Venus and Mercury were in the same orbital quadrant at the time of its increase?

thats a worthy theory.

however the distance between the planets and holmes is to great for their gravity to have that affect on holmes.

yet in a strange way, you could be right, we dont understand gravity correctly,dark matter will be the key!.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Echotebarknwhale

Haven't seen it myself, but have heard that others are specualating about a star that flashes red and blue and moves across the sky, repositioning itself. Haven't seen it, but it's an interesting idea.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikturtle
reply to post by Echotebarknwhale

Haven't seen it myself, but have heard that others are specualating about a star that flashes red and blue and moves across the sky, repositioning itself. Haven't seen it, but it's an interesting idea.

Funny you mention this, I actually seen what you are describing last night. I was outside waiting to look at Iridium 99 (Satellite) which was suppose to pass by at about 45 to 49 Degrees at NNE (slight right of polaris) around 19:47 from 42N 83W. (my location)

I noticed this flickering red and blue star, my daughter thought it was a plane, but it did not move at all. So I assumed it was a star. But I don't recall ever seeing it near that constellation.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Well if it really was coming towards us and I stress the "if", this would explain why we cannot see the tail(it's behind the comet) - and why its getting bigger and brighter(It's getting closer). That's actually the most simple and logical explanation for the physical characteristics that we are witnessing.

Is this the case? - I don't know. But according this short speculative article Would They Tell Us If It was Going To Hit? This possibility cannot yet be ruled out.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
You also wouldn't see the tail if it was moving away along the same trajectory.

I suppose that if it still getting bigger after the 7th, it's time to revisit the idea. From what i've googled all seems fairly normal at the moment

cometography.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I thought the tail of comets pointed away from the sun, regardless of it's path?

I see a bright orange light in the sky at night which doesn't seem to be in the right place for Mars. I'm curious if that's the comet I'm looking at. Hard to tell without the tail.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

Yes, I saw a orange light in the sky last night as well. I have no idea if it was Mars or not since Im not familiar with the sky map.

Anyhoo, here is a cool picture of Comet Holmes that is said to be on the same scale. If so, this comet should be very big in the sky and not just a dot... but I havent seen anything the size of half a moon in the sky.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echotebarknwhale
not sure if this is what I saw last night, but around 1:30 am me and a few friends were in front of our house, and I was the first to notice a very strange light in the sky flashing red and blue, comparable to a police siren but not blinking as fast as a siren. Also saw a nice little object fireball in the atmosphere from a shooting star

yep, i have seen this too. First night i thought i was seeing things, and didnt even bother calling the kids out to see. Then i read on some other forum, people were saying that they had seen it too. So next night, went out again, and saw it again. Occassionally flashes green too, but mostly red(orange) and blue. Would love to know what it is.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
So by now it should be getting smaller. I wouldn't know, i'm under a blanket of cloud at the moment

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Much of what is being observed can be easily explained. I am not an astronomer nor a physicist, but if you think about what is going on, it makes sense. Hopefully I can explain it without being confusing.

Imagine being in a car on three lane highway. You are traveling at 65 miles per hour on the inside lane along a very long, gentle curve. About 1 mile ahead of you is an old beater of a car driving in the outside lane at a speed just slightly slower that you.

Note that if you were to stop your car, the other car is moving away from you. The other car is also moving away from you when your car is moving at 65 miles per hour. However, because it is moving SLOWER than your car, it appears that to be coming at you very slowly. As your car catches up AND continues to travel the inside lane (thus adding to your cars progress in catching up), you will eventually pass the other car.

This is the same with the comet. Our position has been such that we are catching up to the comet, but at the same time it is moving away from us. The curvature of our orbit around the sun is always inside that of the comet. As we continue moving around the sun it will become clear that Earth and the comet are not on a collision course.

Moving on... since it is evening the other car has it's headlights on. Because the other car is almost straight ahead of you, the headlight beams are hardly visible.

Again, this is what is happening with the comet. A comet's tail is always pointed AWAY from the sun, regardless of the direction that the comet is traveling. Our current position in relation to the comet and the sun has us sitting in such a way that we are between the two bodies. So the tail of the comet is pointing almost directly AWAY from us. Therefore that tail appears to be very minimal or, in some observations, non-existent.

Lastly, there is the matter of the seemingly increasing size of the comet or at least the debris cloud that it left behind. Taking this back to the car example, imagine that the old junker car ahead of you suddenly backfires loudly and issues a big, nasty puff of thick, black smoke that lingers heavily as you approach. The other car is still moving away, but the smoke does not travel with the same speed as the car. Meanwhile, as your car is still moving, the puff of smoke gets bigger and bigger as you approach it.

That's quite possibly what we are seeing with this comet. Assuming that something took place and the comet threw up a big cloud of dust, most likely that dust is not moving at anywhere near the same speed as the comet itself. So, because we are moving at a course that makes the comet appear to be "ahead" of us, the cloud of dust will also appear "ahead" of us. As we move toward the comet and it's dust, the dust will look like it is getting bigger and that we're going to go right into it. However, as the curvature of our orbit begins to take us away from the comet, so to will it take us away from the dust cloud. Both of them will begin to grow smaller.

I hope that makes sense. It is not always easy to put into words a concept that is very clear in thoughts.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by John_Q_Llama]

[edit on 7-11-2007 by John_Q_Llama]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Is it getting smaller yet? It should be according to the orbit but if it isn't perhaps it isn't what we thought it is

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sinthia

Nope, its now the largest object in our solar system - about twice as large as the sun...

See the other thread here (having two threads gets kind of confusing).

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This comet is starting to get very interesting, and maybe even a little worrying?
Is it even a comet!!?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It scares the hell out of me to hear someone say "listen up People"...just another way of saying "Listen up Sheeple"...nothing to see here...move along...move along.

Maybe this Comet is nothing more than a once ever 115 year visitor to our system but as of yet, and definately not here, no one has been able to explain this comets unusal behavior the last several weeks. Are our (US) astromers been placed on a gag order from the guvment. This celestial event was first reported by an Iranian Astronomer and of course they can spead this info to the world without being suppressed. Place me in the cautionary column with a paranoia check by my name for right now. I caught something on another site that this comet may be birthing another traveling buddy. We'll have to wait and see.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just some odd coincidences but didnt the comet brighten right after the shuttle got into orbit. I know it was 100 million plus miles away. So I dont think it was nuked, which would have had to of been launched a year prior.

On the other hand its odd that the Astronauts were taken to an event with the President in Texas. How often to astronauts get presidential appreciations after missions?

Bush welcomes astronauts home in Texas
news.yahoo.com...

Their space station build-and-repair mission was among the most challenging — and heroic — in shuttle history.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join