It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret......any experiences? good bad??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
"The Secret" is a watered-down-for-mass-consumption VERSION of something much deeper.

It does not derive from eastern religion.

Parts of the original film version were edited (read: CENSORED).

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I had an interesting experience with The Secret, my mum bought the book, so I decided to have a quick look through it. Anyway, I read a couple pages and made up my mind that I would try it. So I drew a picture of a guitar (I can post it if you want, I'm quite proud of it
) and hung it above my bed, and for a week I kept up the positive thinking, telling myself I WOULD get a new guitar.
Then after like 2 weeks, my dad walked in and gave me a brand new Fender Strat, because I got a Distinction in my year 10 Maths exam.
I'm not sure if he just thought I was hinting or something and bought me one, but hey; I ain't complaining

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I was reading some articles on Newstarget about this subject. Apparently, if you eat a raw diet, it increases the bodies vibration and allows a better spiritual connection.

Here's some links:

People tend to look at my own accomplishments as being "remarkable" or highly successful in various ways. They see me as getting many things done in a very short period of time, and they often wonder how I accomplish these things. My greatest secret is that I frequently practice the power of intention (and I have a specific process through which that is practiced), and I avoid all the foods, beverages and personal care products that interfere with the power of intention.

The nutrition secret behind The Secret

• We learned that high-vibration living (higher consciousness, compassion towards living things, spiritual awareness, etc.) goes hand-in-hand with following a raw foods diet. Simply ingesting the energy of living plants transforms your body, mind and spirit, with no additional effort on your part. Any person who eats raw foods for 90 days will absolutely, without question begin to see the world in a very different way.

Source: Raw Spirit Festival Update: Amazing raw foods products and more

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by annestacey

Humm, this is somewhat true. All I eat is almost meat based and I have no problem coming in touch with my Chi, or thinking. All the great enlightened ninja ate meat, and this is not western myth. Also, I drink occasionally, and I am still able to have superb brain function. I have heard meat destroys your spiritual connection with god, this is also not true. Meat is an excellent source of much needed protein. Marijuana also increases your thought ability, but at the same time slows your memory retrieval time. It increases the logical function of the brain, and some have shown to temporally raise your learning potential. Many people turn philosophical with no prior interest with just one time smoking. I am not advocating illegal drugs in any way (DON'T DO IT!!!!), but since this is ATS, I have to tell the truth, regardless of what the government tries to sink into your head.

It is true to drink plenty of pure water, not tap, and to not watch TV. If you can afford it, having a sushi diet is nice. (I WUV SUSHI!)

Edit: Let me clarify that taking alcohol, of course, decreases brain efficency at the time. The second you are no longer intoxicated your brain function is normal. There are no permanent effects with alcohol, but there is with marry j if you do enough of it.

[edit on 18-10-2007 by 1337cshacker]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1337cshacker
Meat is an excellent source of much needed protein. Marijuana also increases your thought ability, but at the same time slows your memory retrieval time. It increases the logical function of the brain, and some have shown to temporally raise your learning potential.

I have to disagree with your statement about meat. There are vegetarian sources of protein that are far healthier than meat. The bottom line is that we can get all of our nutritional needs from plant-based diets.

As far as the marijuana issue... I think that it puts us in touch with things that the puppetmasters would prefer for us to not know about, which is why they keep it illegal and push the lies and propaganda about it.

I think that the mj along with a strictly raw diet would be "extremely beneficial" for you.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Interesting, such as what plants?

mj is a very powerful substance, thus it is illegal as a part of control. The gov does not want people who are too smart... If it were legal to grow people could eat it rather than smoke, and that would indeed eliminate ALL bad side effects such as cancer. I am not advocating it in any way! DON'T DO IT. I would not be who I am today without it. It has highly developed my logical processing. Even after quiting, I still feel the memory retrieval lack. I think it is somewhat worth it though from what I have gained. I would not be on a quest to become shinobi without it and realizing I could do so realistically. I would not be as peaceful. I would not be as philosophical, I remember my first time doing it, I could put everything into scales and graphs, and seemed to be able to figure out allot of things that eludes most people. I would still be that angry stupid kid I was years ago that I hate myself for being. It is a shame it is illegal. Holland and other places have no problems, actually, less problems that ours. That is evidence enough it is illegal because of control.

This is not the topic though. It is a conspiracy on its own. Lets get back to those plants with protein eh?

(And good wordage, I love the term "puppet masters", it reminds me of my favorite song... MASTER, MASTER.)

[edit on 18-10-2007 by 1337cshacker]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Skyfloating,
Can you please expand/elaborate on the censored/hiddens parts on the commercially available secret series?

Much appreciated. Thanks

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Ive met some of the people who play in the movie personally and there are complaints about what was and wasnt allowed to be in it. Some of the most important concepts were not put in because they are supposedly "too much" for people or are not good for selling the product.

The words "frequency" and "vibration" were not permitted...but without understanding these, a lot is missing. Certain truths that could make a huge difference to the overall message of the movie were edited out. Two such "missing links":

"Visualize not to make it happen later but to enjoy it happening right now"

"What is the problem/negative a solution for? How could it be used to a good effect?"

I know of at least 3 characters in the movie who are not content with the overall quality of it.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
What you call "the secret" is a lifestyle. Live it, love it. You must believe what you visualize...

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
So basically the way I observe my life, actions, plans, golas, state of being, attitudes, emotions, and so forth all of an effect on the atomic/quantum level. The link is definate proof of that

Two objections: one, this only applies on to sub-atomic particles. Observing macroscopic systems has no effect on them. Two, the effect is not something you have control over. Observing the particle has a certain effect, regardless of what you *want* to happen. Desire, visuallization and whatnot have no effect on the particle, just the actual measurement.

"Plans, goals, state of being, attitudes emotions and so forth" have no measurable effect on the world except through psychology - obviously having positive thoughts and being focussed on your goals helps you succeed, but that's not because of some "secret" or anything to do with quantum physics, it's just basic psychology.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well the secret is a way to keep people docile also, if you see something wrong about the world, don't say anything, don't do anything, just imagine it does not exist. Pacification and training of self delusion.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I believe that the book "The Secret" teaches people how to covet.
It's just a new way of packaging an old sin. The authors attempt to justify covetness and materialism by referencing the Bible and other religions throughout the book. I find those references to be deceitful and hypocritical since the religions mentioned exist to satisfy the spirit rather than the flesh. The authors want you to believe that you will find spiritual fulfillment by satisfying your fleshly desires. That just isn't true. That is a lie.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Jim,
I don't agree. Since we are mede out of atoms, and they act differently when being observed, I would say that our thoughts/emotions have direct influence over life, events, etc Everything is atoms from what we know, besides light (still in the air for me at least) Macros is just looking at structures of atoms, you still got atoms everywhere at the end of the day.

I think psychology goes hand in hand with physics and quantum principals.

Checkers,
So basically according to your interpretation of the Bible. We're supposed to hate our flesh, hate our bodies, and rebel against them doing only things for the spirit??? I can understand overcomming sins, negativities, and so forth, but we live in this flesh our enitre earthly life and were supposed to fight against it and hate it??? That kind of sucks in my opnion. I think we need a balance (Soul, Mind, Body)

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If hoping for what I want affiliates me with the Dark One then sign me up.

I've only seen the documentary of the secret but I didn't get the impression from it that it was the new hedonism. I have found that the mind set of the journey being the same as the destination to be very healthy for my own life.

Whether it's new age mumbo jumbo or just a way to adjust one's own thought process, use it if it works.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I would not say hoping for what you want, or your thoughts of how life should be, determines light and dark. It might be what those hopes actually are not just thinking about possible futures. Do you hope for peace on earth, or a part in enslaving the planet, just one example.

I have found the Lord Jesus Christ teaches me what is important, he lets me see alot of carrots I chased after before are quite laughable. But I fail myself often and am far from perfect, I just have noticed that the material things just don't mean as much anymore.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I have used The Secret once. I devoured every second of it and put it into practise right at the very end of last year. I used it to get this girl. Followed every step, I was even physically writing down lists of things I was grateful for, and making it happen. It did happen. We got together over New Years 07 and we had this very intense relationship for the next couple of months.

Problem was, she wasn't right for me, and I knew it right from the beginning. I was living a lie. She had a partner and even though she vowed she was unhappy (allegedly physically and emotionally abused) and about to leave him, she never did. Then it turned out that she had slept with my best friend at work. From there, everything took a deep dark turn, spiralling out of control into the abyss. The Secret got me into the position of being with her, but what happened after that became a living nightmare for me. I had no idea how to control all the negative stuff flying around. I wasn't thinking with my head, I was thinking with 'something else a bit lower down'.

Since then, I have stayed away from the whole thing. I'm back to living a quiet life, to never interfere with anyone's life and to keep away from people in general as much as possible. When I think back on my year, the recollections and memories play out like an exact replica of the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - I had only seen this film for the first time last week and the synchronicities in that film really struck me hard.

I am convinced that The Secret works, but I am clueless as to how to wield the power. It actually wrecked my confidence and would be happy to be a hermit once again, just to avoid all the trouble that getting involved with girls does to one's life. I realise that in the Law of Attraction negative attracts negative, but what can I do? I don't want to get hurt again.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Here’s my opinion on the secret. (And my opinion only)

The secret is a good movie, but it’s missing some crucial points about reality creation. It’s only talking about the law of attraction and you sitting on your but and visualizing your desires, and that’s all it’s going to take for some car, relationship or other desire to just fall out of the sky and in your lap. It doesn’t work that way. The most important part of that movie I’ve found is the gratitude part though.

The Universe works this way (remember that this is my opinion)
What you do is first decide on what you want. Let’s say you want a new car (leave any objections of materialism out of it; I’ll tell you why later). What you do, is you try to imagine what it’s like having that car, and being in it right now. Not tomorrow, not six months from now… Right now! As if you’ve been having it for a while already. You have to feel what it feels like to be having that car. The feeling is important about this. That is the only way you will match the reality of having that car.

Our reality reacts on our feelings and emotions all the time. Our attention and the meaning we give to what we have our attention on will determine how God/The Universe (or whatever) will react to it. Because when we don’t give a meaning (or a label) to something, we don’t feel anything when we look at it. It is then pure emotionless observation. When we label something as good or bad, we generate an emotion every single time we look at it. So when we do that, the Universe responds. Feelings and emotions is the language that The Universe understands.

The Law of attraction means that the more you put your attention on something, the more of it your going to get. Which means if you put more of your attention on something you like, you’re going to get more of it. Getting angry at cops tasering people all the time? Do you read the stories and get angry and start blaming the cops and whatnot for that whole situation? Well guess what, you and the millions of people reading the same stories and getting angry are just making the situation worse. God/The Universe (which has no morals, but just strictly observe) is just looking at your anger and sending you more situations which match your anger. So you get to read more stories about crazy cops tasering people. It’s a vicious circle.

Anyway, back to the car. If you do numerous sessions of the visualizations of having that car. Feeling how it really feels like to have that car, seeing yourself on the road with it, seeing the people on the street react when they see you driving in that car. Drink up all that feeling and emotion that you would have being in that car already. Having it already.
God/The Universe will begin to respond and start sending you situations in which it will be increasingly more favorable to get that car. Without question it does this. Just as every time you sit in self pity it will give you more reason to be depressed. It has no morals because it does not label anything, it just observes them. Yes I said God has no morals (more on that later).

Well except for one actually, or so it seems. God/The Universe loves gratitude. Loves it a lot. If you are grateful for something, it will give you much more if it. But that’s really just what it seems like anyway, because God doesn’t put a label on anything. By causality, gratitude is one of the highest feelings any human can achieve (well perhaps besides an orgasm : ) ). But gratitude is way up there.

So do not push against things that you don’t like, just accept them, be grateful for them and the lessons that they learn you. Simply be grateful for everything in your life.

So when you’re imagining yourself being in that car, sitting there feeling the feelings of already having that car, be grateful to whatever God you have that you have that car already; be grateful for having the opportunity. Doing so causes The Universe to bring that experience of having that car to you faster. As fast as you allow it to.

This brings me to the next part. You have to allow this to happen. Don’t think that if you do all of that visualization that that’s enough. You have to make sure that you don’t block or sabotage yourself from having this experience of this car being yours. All conflicting feelings, emotions and belief have to be out of the way and through the door. Don’t worry on how you’re going to get the car. Because then you’re imposing your will on the Universe which most definitely had the most ingenious plan to get this car to you if you didn’t get in the way. Don’t ever impose your will on God/The Universe. It is a septillion times smarter than you and it knows how to get things done a septillion times better than you. Your only job is to allow this to happen the way The Universe intends. It may give you an urge to travel somewhere where you will meet someone who will offer you a job with a significantly higher salary that what you’re earning at your other job, so you will be able to afford the car. Or you’ll just win the car like my aunt did yesterday. She won a brand new customized Toyota Yaris yesterday (see the pictures here. My aunt is the one with in black and red with the glasses. I’ve very grateful that she won the car.

One thing is certain. Allowing does not mean sitting on your butt all day visualizing. You have to take action to get the car. It’s not going to come flying out of the sky. God/The Universe will give you an urge to do something (like I said above) which will eventually lead you to the car. But buy being lazy you are not going to get that car. Trust your hunches and urges and you’ll take the right and smart action.

Let me tell you a story about God/The Universe. The reason why I’m calling God the Universe is because God is everything that exists, that will exist and has ever existed. I have no scientific proof for this, other than my hunch that some theories such as the holographic theory and quantum physics may be going in the right direction of describing God. God is everything, you, me, Bush, Rothschild, Rockefeller and Osama Bin Laden. So we all are one part of the same being. With the illusion that we are apart from each other. You can compare that with the ocean. Take a cup and take some water out of the ocean. You’ve separated that water from the ocean; you can see the water from that cup as an individual body. But the water in that cup is still the ocean and is still part of the ocean.

Remember when I said not to impose your will on God? It means not to impose your will on other people as well. Because they are God and they are part of God. Don’t force them to do what you want. It tells more about you than them. It shows that you’re needy, which is the total opposite of being grateful. The Universe will see that you’re needy, which means you’re lack something that you desire. So it will give you more experiences that are similar to that situation. Your way is never the better way for other people. Neither is their way the better way for you.

So to sum it up.

Feel what it feels like to really have that what you desire (through 5 sensory visualization). Do this often.

Make sure you consistently stay on that level where you are attracting that desire. Do not sabotage yourself.

Be grateful that you already have that which you desire. The Universe will reply much stronger when you are grateful for something.

Allow it to happen. Forget the details. Let the Universe handle them. You act only when the Universe is pushing/urging you to act. Just keep doing what you doing, and you will feel a strong urge to do something different, but you don’t know why. The Universe brings you opportunities…. The Universe will always surprise you and bring something to you in a very unexpected way, if you allow it to do so. But you have to act when you get that urge; when you get that opportunity. You have to meet The Universe half way.

Furthermore, know that we all are part of the same being, and do not force others to do as you want them to do. Here comes the golden rule of “Do to others as you would like for others to do to you”. Love them unconditionally as they are. Imposing your will on them is imposing your will on the Universe.

P.S: Another thing that God "likes" besides gratitude is for you to request your desires to happen/come to you in a way that is the best and most wonderful way for yourself and for everyone else that is involved in the process. For example: It will avoid you suddenly getting money because a wealthyrelative died in a horrible way or anything in that sense.

[edit on 20-10-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The reason why we shouldn’t bother objections of materialism is because like I said. We are part of God, and God wants to experience everything through us. God wants to experience the highest good and the lowest evil. Everything we experience, God experiences. It’s part of it’s evolution and experiencing everything that can be experienced. So good and bad is just as good. You can’t experience and fully know something without knowing it’s opposite. God knows that, so he split himself a near infinite amount of times to create everything you see around you. Alive or (seemingly) inanimate. It’s so God can experience everything. That’s the reason why God has no morals.

Once again.. All of this is my opinion. Take it or leave it as you like...

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Actually the secret does have some scientific support.

See the double slit experiement video link below. Basically when one is observing atoms, they react differently, than when a person isn't observng them.

So basically the way I observe my life, actions, plans, golas, state of being, attitudes, emotions, and so forth all of an effect on the atomic/quantum level. The link is definate proof of that.

No, your actions in the real world have no effect whatsoever on what goes on at the quantum level.

You and millions of others have deluded yourself on this subject.

Harte

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join