It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret......any experiences? good bad??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Figured I'd post this here.

Being that "the Secret" is one of the biggest phenomenons of the last few years, I'm interested in seeing if anyone has been practicing the concepts based on this.

Are your results good? bad? indifferent?? Please elaborate. THANKS

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The whole "secret" thing is just a western layman's term for Karma
Buddhist Explanation

Hindu Explanation

The "Secret" is nothing new, nothing magical or mystical in itself, it is just another way of explaining the eastern philosophy of Karma. Do Good Deed, Get Good Things. Not trying to bash "The Secret" but you can learn as much if not more by studying eastern religions like Hinduism and Buddhism.

I don't practice the methods the secret uses, but I've had success and happiness in life by following my own sanatan dharma which is basically saying yes I feel by doing good things, I get good things in return.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This is part of the golden rule, and I agree fully with the moderator above. Do as you want people to do to you. Whats left off of the golden rule is, as you do to others you get yourself. This is karma. I do not believe in the three fold return, because of math. Karma is balanced, and if three fold returns for every one (single) the equation is unbalanced. In my studies in ninjitsu I have stumbled on some fascinating techniques to keep your karma good and clean more easily, but its essentially the same as any other.

My data sheet I'm working off of here is my life. I used to be a very cruel person to everyone, in person or on the internet. When I got arrested more than a year ago, I started following the golden rule. No cop has even approached me since, or will ever, as long as I keep my deeds clean and in great justice. Of course these good actions do not attract cops anyway, that is besides the point. The point is, I can see the bad in my past life and how it came back, and now on this peacefully journey I can see I am getting great love and goodness back.

I admit, when I first wanted to become shinobi and study ninjitsu, it was not with all peaceful intentions. I made little to no progress, but still learned a great deal. I did not fully come in touch with my chi and obtain good karma until I started on the peaceful quest. Now, progress has skyrocketed. Things like silent movement, invisibility, stamina, chi control, meditation, dexterity-agility, etc, came naturally instead of forcefully. The forces of good are stronger than evil, and good will open up into you and feed you knowledge and real power, for great justice. God speed.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by 1337cshacker]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I agree with the you guys for the most part. However, the other that sruck me was how in the secret they say that if you want something, basically keep thinking about it, having it, visualizing it, and eventually it will manifest for you.

In this aspect of manifesting, has it worked for you?

[edit on 17-10-2007 by dominicus]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The secret, in my understanding, diverges from eastern religions in that it claims a person has God powers. Basically think it, and the act of thinking it makes it happen. Now this is not new, old Jewish text say the spoken word has some similar spiritual power.

My experience with this comes after alot of thought, and a little first hand experience. First, I believe it to be a trick of spiritual darkness. If something does happen that you think about, it is not you, it is some force that wants you to think it is you. When that force is done with you it will toss you out and suddenly your supposed power goes with it.

Here is my view of the intent of the secret, from the position it is a spiritual darkness that wants people to claim this power. I have heard this dogma is like the secret, but I came upon it from a far more unusual source. I would like to expand on the path it leads to.

If it is true that reality exist for the individual, even if it is geared to learn, and the individual controls reality through thought, explain this paradox.

Two people with different ideas. Which one prevails?

You may say the strongest 'will' or belief, would prevail. Problem is this is shown inaccurate in delusional people since they can truly believe things that never occur. It also is shown inaccurate where a person who follows this dogma has things great happen, then things go to crap.

Furthermore there would be some people with really good focus, getting there way all the time, even the most advantaged people can have changes in fate where everything falls apart.

So what is the only possible solution for the above quotes to exist? A person believing this, would have to believe, they are the only thing in existence. The self proclaimed, 'thought creates', leads logically to the false isolation of the claim 'the person is God', and completely alone in existence.

Note that those that believe others also have control(strongest will model) would want to stay in secrecy to keep others from believing them evil and making their persona change(thereby making there existence a manifestation of others, and suspect as true existence). It gets complicated if people accept strongest belief model over isolated single entity model.

The ring of power of this deception, "think and it it will happen" is to set a person on a trail that will lead to this conclusion and then break them. This breaking is the ultimate goal of this false dogma, total loneliness and fear.

Although there is another advantage darkness gets from this dogma, if one believes they truly control all, and are the only thing in existence, then why empathise with things only created in ones own mind, why empathise with other people? Live in selfishness, and self gratification. The self proclaimed God hood leads to lack of caring for others, since they do not really exist. Not to mention the lack of thrill of a world without free will. God figured this out when he created us with free will, I doubt he would give power over others to humans he did not even take.

Although I came to this premise in my own experiences, I later saw it on a twilight zone episode where a bad guy got whatever he wished, basically hell. (somewhere I have been saved from)

"A nice place to visit"
en.wikipedia.org...

Also referred as the hotel California
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I know a LOT of successful people who recommend The Secret because it helped them in someway.

Also, I would suggest that people who spend an inordinate amount of time posting here probably would have spent their time doing something else if they were helped by The Secret.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I have a story in which the secret worked perfect for me.

I was meditating in the sunroof of my house. I had just watched The Fountain and I was feeling pretty good. But when I began to meditate I noticed a fly buzzing against the window. This was distracting so I got up and opened the door and then approached the fly. I began to visualize the fly going out the door and leaving the house. This did not work, so I put my hand out and visualized the fly landing in my hand.(with the intent of taking it outside). I focused a lot of energy on visualizing and connecting with the fly so that he would fly to my hand. However, this did not seem to work, so I got distracted and went and did something else. Later that day, probably a few hours, I was sitting on the couch watching TV. suddenly the fly came and landed on the armrest. I tried to swipe it away, but it wouldn't move. I then remembered my experiment from earlier, and held out my hand against the armrest. Surprisingly, the fly crawled off the armrest and onto my hand, eventually settling in the center of my palm. I was amazed and my heart was racing, but I stood up and took it outside where it flew away.

This was an astonishing experience and I have to attribute it to the law of attraction.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Unh, I'm just not too keen on self-help books in general. Why can't people just learn from their own life experiences for free instead of following the guru de jour?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Unh, I'm just not too keen on self-help books in general. Why can't people just learn from their own life experiences for free instead of following the guru de jour?

I doubt anyone follows any book like the bible or anything. They are trying out its ideas and seeing if it works for them. If you prefer to ignore endlessly beneficial information, then thats your choice. But don't dog on people for seeking knowledge that improves every facet of your life if you use it right.

at least try it...?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Vipassana

Everyone's free to do whatever they feel helps, but I am a little disturbed by a cottage industry of people hawking advice books. I think some people tend to get addicted to so-called "self help", I say so-called because they are always looking for the guru du jour to help them solve their problems (who is usually asking for money).

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
A complete waste of time. I guess the overall message isn't necessarily anything to tear apart but the whole "mythical" adventure into "the secret" is laughable.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
*double post*

[edit on 17-10-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well based on my own observations, I have 2 things to say.

1. For the poster saying that this is all some sort of trick to allow some dark force to control/take advantage of you, I don't agree unless you try to manifest the wrong things. As most posters have mentioned, manifesting bu though/praying/what-ever is in the Bible, Kabalah, Taoist and other spiritual writings, so I don't feel/think that it's a bad practice.

Now the proverbial "Careful what you wish for" may just have truth to it as far as asking for the wrong things

2. IS it just me, or have other people noticed that allot of jerks and people who don't deserve it achieve high levels of success and everything else they want. I'm talking about obnoxious, egotistical, snobby/snooty, demeaning, immoral, Jock type punks that would steal candy from babies if they could.

I always se these types get anything they want. Why is that?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Actually the secret does have some scientific support.

See the double slit experiement video link below. Basically when one is observing atoms, they react differently, than when a person isn't observng them.

So basically the way I observe my life, actions, plans, golas, state of being, attitudes, emotions, and so forth all of an effect on the atomic/quantum level. The link is definate proof of that.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by robert z
Also, I would suggest that people who spend an inordinate amount of time posting here probably would have spent their time doing something else if they were helped by The Secret.

Unless what they believed and wanted to do was post here, then would not that follow the rules of the Secret? Just countering your argument, my posting has nothing to do with a doctrine I discard.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
1. For the poster saying that this is all some sort of trick to allow some dark force to control/take advantage of you, I don't agree unless you try to manifest the wrong things. As most posters have mentioned, manifesting bu though/praying/what-ever is in the Bible, Kabalah, Taoist and other spiritual writings, so I don't feel/think that it's a bad practice.

I think Britney is a good example of what I mean, she is given riches and fame, but when she is no use, she is destroyed so darkness can then have us ridicule her. First we envy then we ridicule.

But that is just my experience, I accept you think differently, and am glad to hear your opinions.

My view on it is that prayer through the bible, is not the will of the person, the person is the conduits of spiritual power from above, or unfortunately it can come from the dark side also. The main difference in prayer is that it is the will of God being preformed through the conduit of a faithful, believing person. God still gets all the glory, and thanks for his little gifts.

2. IS it just me, or have other people noticed that allot of jerks and people who don't deserve it achieve high levels of success and everything else they want. I always se these types get anything they want. Why is that?

In my view, materialistic gains are under the power of the dark one, he uses them as carrots to get people to follow his directives, once the hook is in, he then uses them to further turn them into the selfish jerks you speak of. Plato also spoke on this saying that in a soulless world the giving would be the poor, the selfish the rich.

I like to believe they get what they are told, and we are told, is what we are suppose to want, does it really matter if you get a new car every year? It is odd how fulfilling life becomes when you cast off many of the things we are told are important, and instead turn to the love of others, family, friends, and strangers.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Redge,
I hear ya and respect ur opnion as well. However, there are people that have no attachments, no greed, no lust of power and are struggling. They want to just be a little more comfortable like a car with no problems, a bigger paycheck and so forth. There's nothing wrng in aiming/wanting/and doing something to make life better and more enjoyable. In the Bible God blesses tons of people with material things, family, miracles, love, and so forth.

Also some where in the Bible it says something like ask for anything and think as if you have it already and it will be done so by my father. (of course anything meaning according to God's will, morality, ethics, etc) Secret is based on this.

Yeah I think seeking supreme power, vanity, and all this other stuff is bad, but I don't think Brittany Spears is the one who wanted all of that. She is a by-product of her parents putting her into that industry from childhood. That life is all she knows and I myself feel sorry for her and hope she makes it through the rollercoatser.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Agreed, I was talking about above moderation, more then just normal comfort things. The people that want to own to prove something to others.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Actually the secret does have some scientific support.

See the double slit experiment video link below. Basically when one is observing atoms, they react differently, than when a person isn't observing them.

So basically the way I observe my life, actions, plans, goals, state of being, attitudes, emotions, and so forth all of an effect on the atomic/quantum level. The link is definite proof of that.

www.youtube.com...

Humm. So, what is happening behind me as I sit here right now would be different in some way as if I turned around? Interesting indeed. (Does a tree make a sound when it.... Never mind
)

I find that "The Secret" is no secret at all. It is the same, or similar, techniques that have been in existence for a long time. They have just been kept a "secret" from this society.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. Mark 11:23-24

Sounds like the message in the Secret to me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join