It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret......any experiences? good bad??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I don't know why Skyfloating hasn't posted this one but I think this is most relevant to the convo at hand. Here is a link to a thread with a very in-depth discussion of The Secret and 'the law of attraction,' the highlight of which may very well be Sky's original post outlining a personal view of LOA and how it relates to the Secret. Maybe everyone here is already familiar with this thread, but judging from the original post, it sounds like the OP hadn't read this one yet:

How the 'law of attraction' works

[edit to add: Hope Sky doesn't mind me taking the liberty of posting that thread here...I can take no credit for the insights discussed therein...but I would highly recommend it to anyone reading this thread who hasn't checked it out yet]

[edit on 14-6-2008 by shipovfools]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by the way
I have to say i've never even heard of "the secret" but lots of people on the thread seem to be relating it to karma which I used to beleive in but now don't.

I'd like to comment on this issue.

I can see why some believe that The Secret is essentially referring to Karma because they see the Law of Attraction-Vibration as being a facet of cause and effect.

Using the Law of Attraction does indeed cause an effect but that is not the same thing as Karmic consequence

The Secret and the Law of Attraction is not really about Karma, be it via the Hindu and/or Buddhist definition. Karma is about one's relationship to "God" or "The Light" and one's spiritual growth or lack thereof in this life and in the Spirit. It is not about using one's "Karma" to get a desired parking space or a free cup of coffee.

The Law of Attraction is essentially about manipulating events in a positive and constructive way. But that still is not the same thing as spiritual growth, however close in definition that may seem to be.

Originally posted by the way
Why you may ask?
I know plenty of people who are empathic, caring decent types who have nothing but bad luck-I'll be totally honest with you here and include myself in this category (so much so that I actually sometimes wonder if i'm cursed?) and know of people who are arrogant,liars and theives who only seem to prosper and breeze through life without giving anyone else a second thought.
I really don't want to be dismissive of anyones beleifs but to me it actually seems like the opposite of karma is true ie. the more evil you are, the better you do in life-just look at Bush and Cheney.

You bring up an excellent point about bad things happening to good people

Here's the bottom line...

There is no true justice in the flesh.

The reason for that is because the physical plane is on the lowest of spiritual vibrations. Even demonic spirits exist on a slightly higher plane than this one. Are demonic spirits generally more tormented than those in the flesh? Absolutely. Just because someone is on a slightly higher plane does not mean that he or she is happier. One has to venture well into The Light before happiness and long-term contentment occurs

Which is precisely the point.

The reward for striving to live by The Golden Rule, rejecting lust, embracing responsibility, cultivating humility, compassion, and purity, is not to be found in a body. Those who seek a reward for their spiritual conscientiousness here will always be disappointed.

The reward is on the Other Side. Always has been and always will be.

The reward for living a spiritual existence is by one's ability to ascend into the nonliving and infinite Light. The higher the plane, the greater the expansion of consciousness, the brighter the energies, and the more powerful the dimension of energy.

Oh yes...the Law of Cause & Effect, i.e., Karma, is in operation all the time

But we don't truly experience the results of our good works, our striving to live by The Golden Rule, and our Radiance of Love down here until we return to the Primary Reality of Spirit, into The Light Of The God Force.

Trauma and bitterness from being persecuted in life by inferior spirits (in and out of the flesh) notwithstanding.

We are rewarded despite our emotional and spiritual wounds.

It's just that we can't see that from our perspective down here, cut off, albeit only temporarily, from "God" or "The Light" which is ETERNAL.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard

Just to note, my example of getting a free coffee is to demonstrate that what the Secret claims does in-fact work, not taking into account how or what makes it work.

The main point of the example is that believing is the key and if you believe hard enough things, even miracles can happen. The Secret actually shows how to manipulate events in a positive way which for a allot of people is believed to be contradictory to what they think of life.

Most people think that life is out of control and beyond them but its not by any means, there is a solution to everything. From bad always comes good as I say and the Secret by promoting the manifestation of positivity is an excellent thought form for anyone.

Im conjunction with spirituality and positive focus towards life and events this way of thinking can really change anyones life around

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Well, I've had one experience and it was pretty recently. I haven't seen or read 'the secret', but I have studied the law of attraction and thought I'd try something, after I read a 'real magic' thread a month or so back. I read that someone keeps a piece of paper in their wallet with an 8 scribbled on it. They said that this would bring them fortune. when I read this, i thought that it probably wasn't the '8' that did it, or the paper, it was the intent behind the action.

After thinking this I tried an experiment, i tore a piece of paper, into a piece about 2 inches by 2 inches. I didn't write anything on it, I just imagined that this paper would bring me fortune, although I was clear on my intent, I didn't want too much money as I'm not greedy, I just wanted some good fortune.

I left this on my shelf, didn't forget about it, but just left it. I'd previously been on the JSA (employment welfar in UK), I'm an out of work graphic designer and I can't get work. I had been on the second course the 'job centre' (yeah right!!) had sent me too, first one wasn't so bad, second was an absolute waste of time (cost me £30 a week to get to out of the £120 every 2 weeks I was entitled too and I did nothing...NOTHING). Anyway, a week or so after the start of the experient, I thought I'd check my bank account, don't know why as I'm not entitled to JSA anymore, but thought I'd give it a shot. For the past month or so, I have been recieving may JSA every other week, all £120 of it.

Some may call this coincidence, but I stopped believeing in coincidence a while ago.

(just so you know I'm not a lazy layabout, I still look for work and apply for jobs daily, more so than I was in that 'training' place, I just don't waste my money/time travelling to a pointless office in town).

thanks. EMM

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Explaining the Secret: Lets explain it from a scientific etheric standpoint. Its not magic as it is hyperdimensional physics.

Our leaders that attend Bilderberg, Bohemian Grove, and other ceremonial convergences know these physics (The Secret) really do work. They have had alot of experience with it over the ages and have validated that yes indeed it really does work. Not just from a concious level but the entire enchilada of conciousness. This program called The Secret is one of many

David Wilcock can explain the mechanics of it and how cocreation works a little more in depth.

dw2

dw3

dw4

[edit on 6/15/2008 by prometheus1111]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I enjoyed reading the Secret and I'm working on something now using the secret principles. When I read it, it reminded me of some other books I had read before such as the Silva Mind Control Method by Jose Silva and Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain. They all emphasize visualization to bring to life what you want and I have heard of people enjoying success with the Silva method.

I haven't actually used the secret to get anything as yet but at least it has helped me with keeping positive. I beieve that its better to stay positive and visualize what you want. It gives you some hope and joy even if what you want does not materialize right away. Its a way better principle to live with than being all sad and mopey thinking about what you lack. I also like the section on gratitude and it has changed my outlook. I am now more conscious and grateful for all the blessings i have in my life.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Yes The Secret works! My wife and I had been shopping for a used sports car for six months. We looked at Sky, Miata and BMW. None of them had the pizazz or luxury she was looking for. We started joking about owning a Jag. Then we started taking The Secret seriously and began visualizing and dreaming about a Jag. It WAS supposed to be a joke----but within 60 days an unexpected check (IRS refund) showed up and I received a bonus at work. $20,000 sitting in our bank account. Two days later we found our dream Jag on Cars.com. We called the dealer and two days after that, we owned our dream Jag XK8 convertible. Yes, The Secret works.

Currently I am visualizing and meditating on a new job with a prestigious company. I KNOW, like I KNOW, this Secret will work again!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hello!

I believe THE Secret does work! For that information to come into my life
I am very grateful. The movie provides various quotes from intellectuals with whom I love gathering information from. These minds completely help change the world. In addition I would like to add it is not only Eastern Religion its all forms of a greater collective consiousness awakening. Many of the "religions" or spiritual beliefs derive from the one great source and revolve around one ultimate concept. A pattern such as this is found in many forms. From a simple ripple of dropping a stone into water to a complex lay out of the planets.

Why have you not tried out The Secret for yourself?

What an amazing concept, and yet so many people proceed to watch television and not live their own experience! The information provided to you by this movie has been completely shut down by mainstream society. Now it is time to regenerate our minds and trust the experience as it unfolds before us. It is your birthright to know, to act upon it, and watch life as it becomes a beautiful piece of your own art work. No one but yourself can tell you if it works this is something YOU MUST EXPERIENCE. With a whole heart of intention ~

Here is a quote from the great mind of Walter Lippman

"We are living through the closing chapters of established and traditional ways of life. We are in the beginnings of a struggle, which will probably last for generations, to remake our civilization. It is not a good time for politicians. It is a time for prophets and leaders and explorers and inventors and pioneers and for those who are willing to plant trees for their children to sit under."

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Read all about my experience with The Secret and how it's working for me at

www.thesecretexperience.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
"The Secret" is a re-packaging of Aleister Crowley's philosophies, mainly what he called "Magick

Magick, in the broadest sense, is any act designed to cause intentional change. Crowley saw magick as the essential method for a person to reach true understanding of the self and to act according to one's True Will, which he saw as the reconciliation "between freewill and destiny". Crowley describes this process:

One must find out for oneself, and make sure beyond doubt, who one is, what one is, why one is...Being thus conscious of the proper course to pursue, the next thing is to understand the conditions necessary to following it out. After that, one must eliminate from oneself every element alien or hostile to success, and develop those parts of oneself which are specially needed to control the aforesaid conditions.

Just in case anyone reading this is not already a Satanist...

Aleister Crowley is the occultist and Satanist that is perhaps the most well known. His works “The Book of the Law”, “Magick in Theory and Practice” and “The Book of Thoth” are broadly used in occult circuits. His perhaps most important book is "The Book of the Law, which Crowley himself didn’t take much credit for have written, as he stated it was written by automatic handwriting, being channeled from a higher being The Young Aleister Crowleycalled Aiwaz (or Aiwass). This being said he had lived in Caldea during the reign of Hammurabis (around 1750 BC), but later, in his book “Magick in Theory and Practice”, Crowley identified Aiwaz as his own genius. He was actually very proud of this book, which he used as a Bible for his own religion – Thelem

“Do what thou will shall be the whole of the Law” [The work of the OTO ... is geared towards the achievement of a world-spanning empire ... The Law “Do what thou wilt” is the law of this new state – a One World Government] was his motto for the OTO, which was the secret order he himself was the Grandmaster of. He rejected traditional morality in favor of the life of a drug addict and brutal womanizer (“I rave; and I rape and I rip and I rend” is a line from one of his poems). He even enjoyed being called the “wickedest man in the world”. He was married twice, and both his wives went insane. Five of his mistresses committed suicide.

Although the above is true, Crowley found great amusement in trying to shock his environment, the sleeping population, and when the newspapers named him “The Wickedest Man in the World”, he was very pleased. Due to his nature of wanting to shock people, he also sometimes exaggerated to create an effect.

People who met Crowley verified that he had occult powers, and as an example William Seabrook tells the following story: Seabrook wanted a demonstration of Crowley’s powers, so the latter chose a man by random out on the street and followed him, imitating his walk. Suddenly Crowley fell, but was rapidly on his feet again. At the same time the other man fell on the sidewalk. Crowley and his companion helped the man up, and he looked confused, trying to find the banana peel.

Crowley was also the man who came up with putting backwards messages into musical recordings. Beatles, the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin used this on some of their albums. Jimmy Page put a backward satanic message on the mega hit “Stairway to Heaven” (“Here’s to my sweet Satan”). Page also bought Crowley’s mansion in Scotland and was/is a true follower of his teaching, as was the late drummer John Bonham from the same group. Beatles also used

All that I know is that I know nothing -Socrates
1st person/3rd person "Dreams" of military ops & memory blocking

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
SuperSpark, thanks a lot for posting!

Could you show us, the exact causal relation between "The Secret" and Crowley?

Many people are not occult/magick savy on here, yet

Oprah Winfrey, New Thought, "The Secret" and the "New Alchemy": www.conspiracyarchive.com...

[edit on 13-1-2009 by infobrazil]

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Have you mpo'd a lerm yet? I feel that I am right at the cusp but am missing something really easy. I can achieve over unity almost at will ( I think ) now.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: dominicus
Figured I'd post this here.

Being that "the Secret" is one of the biggest phenomenons of the last few years, I'm interested in seeing if anyone has been practicing the concepts based on this.

Are your results good? bad? indifferent?? Please elaborate. THANKS

Placebo effect!
All ego/imagination, vanity.

"Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true." - Demosthenes
edit on 18-9-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

All ego/imagination, vanity.

Was it ego and vanity when they used their energy/faith for selfless reasons?

Is Jesus full of ego and vanity for using his to cure the sick? What about when Buddha caused rain to help the drought/lack of growing of food?

Energy/Faith/Prayer/Law of Attraction can be used in many ways.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I Have a question:

Why do some people say the law of attraction "can't" be used for certain things? From what I've read the law/universe doesn't judge. So why can't more people use this to deliberately win the lottery? If the persons desire is to win the lottery, and provide a better life for themselves and others around them, what differentiates that from any other desire?

I understand that people win the lottery all the time, but what is stopping people from saying "I'm going to win the lottery use the law of attraction" and then actually win?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join