The Secret......any experiences? good bad??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelaLadyS

Yep, makes sense.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Here's a prime example.

Wake up for work...get stuck in minor traffic with the though of "I'm going to be late" that thought will remain in your head as you keep looking at the clock "I'm going to be late, sh*t"...then for some "unknown" reason you begin to catch every red light, stuck behind the bus that so happens to stop so the driver can go get the paper. (NEgative thinking and energy)

When I realize I'm going to be late I don't think about, I don't worry about it. I can't make traffic move out of my way. With that mentality 4 out of 5 times I wind up showing on time.

Believe me or not, it works in small doses until you learn to apply it correctly. As for it being Karma? Possibly but that's not how the secret is explained.

[edit on 28-10-2007 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

LOL I hear what your saying. lol
I have a 'good attitude'. The parking lot is full, but as I drive in I 'know' I'm going to find a good spot. And I do.

Terrible trafic... but I know I'll make it... I always do... And I do.

There's no way my paycheck can take care of all the bills AND buy groseries... but I know that I'll always make it just fine - and I do.

And there are those people whoe are always negative. No matter what's going on, they think the worse before chance even has a chance to play out. And those people - their the ones with all the rotten luck. (not that I believe in luck)

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelaLadyS

People create there own "luck", it's not luck, it's themselves. I know many negative people. Always thinking on the bad side of any decision they make in life..."I want a good job, but what if I don't make it? What if I end up working as a gas station attendant?" I tell them they've just started the process of their future as a gas station attendant...now fill'em up. People stop thinking negative, the news is a prime example of negativity, seeing the bad over and over again, constantly thinking of the war in Iraq.................that's why we're still at war, too many people's thoughts directed at the war not ending, it won't with that mentality.

Hey I found my keys...I knew I would.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 11/13/2007 by Harte]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
reply to post by Harte

Tell that to the scientists at the University of Vienna

You mean this? :

They found that, just as in the realizations of Bell's thought experiment, Leggett's inequality is violated – thus stressing the quantum-mechanical assertion that reality does not exist when we're not observing it. "Our study shows that 'just' giving up the concept of locality would not be enough to obtain a more complete description of quantum mechanics," Aspelmeyer told Physics Web. "You would also have to give up certain intuitive features of realism."
However, Alain Aspect, a physicist who performed the first Bell-type experiment in the 1980s, thinks the team's philosophical conclusions are subjective. "There are other types of non-local models that are not addressed by either Leggett's inequalities or the experiment," he said. "But I rather share the view that such debates, and accompanying experiments such as those by [the Austrian team], allow us to look deeper into the mysteries of quantum mechanics."

I fail to see the connection between this and the "principle" of QM that supposedly lies behind "The Secret."

I mean, even if consciousness influenced the probability wave (it does not), it is certain that it doesn't create the probability wave.

So what has this to do with creating the circumstances you wish for through the use of some kind of "mind power?"

Harte

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
As you can obviously see, that's two differing opinions from two different scientist in the same field. It is to be expected that there will be disagreements over the results. It's not black/white. But the Austrian scientists who where involved in the experiment are concluding based on these experiments that consciousness does have an effect on reality at the quantum level.

But sometimes it seems convenient to just ignore the conclusions of one and accept those of another, based on your accepted model of reality beliefs, eh? (that counts for me, you and everyone else).

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
From what little I've read and heard about "The Secret", it's basically just the golden rule combined with creating your own reality, as already mentioned by other people. All of that kind of information is available free on the internet and even here on ATS in this very forum.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

We watched the dvd as a part of study in hypnosis / NLP / phy etc. Basicaly it's telling people that all they have to do is keep thinking (detailed) about what they want (that they WILL have it and when etc) and keep that visualisation and live as if it will and is happening.

Well, yeah - possative thinking, affirmation and vissualisation coupled with a person REACHING for the goal (via working towards it)... certainly the dreams and desires will be more greatly realised. But some peopl want to stay hom on the coutch and 'vissualizw money flowing into their bank account'. That by itself just isn't going to get the job done. lol

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
True,

You have to be open to the opportunities that present themselves and take action on those. Unless you can MPO a LERM you will have to do that..

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'm new here,but I gotta say that If u are gonna say something can't be done,then disprove it(Don't just rely on what someone tells u all the time,do it ur self) and then go about explaning what u did and let someone redo it.I use to be a Atheist 4 months ago,but found a post on a guru forum about a guru and 2 students who had no food or water at the time and no place to stay,the guru sat down and meditated for 10 mins and then started walking and ended up at a hotel which had someone who was a big fan of there's and said that they can stay as long as they wash the dishes......Now I always read about monks holding a thought and are able to do some amzing things.I went about trying to disprove it in many ways,but ended up no longer being a Atheist.

If u really think it can't be done,then spend a month testing it out in many ways(Don't be lazy) and see If u go beyond chance(And don't give me that O I know it won't work for sure crap,because that's just childish,it just shows that u really are the type that just wants to be right),because If u go atleast 3 times chance,then u need to disprove that and If u keep going beyond chance still,then u will have to conclude something is going on(Don't have to fully beleive it,but conclude atleast that something is going on).Just because something ain't seen as fact by the public,doesn't mean that it ain't real.There's a number of reasons why somethings ain't public and If think that If this was real and what would be wrong with letting people know,u can come up with over 100 reasons why.

Another thing is ,why would people really think it's evil,sure it can be used for bad or good,but it depends on the person.

I meditatie everyday now and I'm trying to truely find myself and have no reason to stop.

Peace!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

In this aspect of manifesting, has it worked for you?

[edit on 17-10-2007 by dominicus]

Personally I dislike pop phenomena like "The Secret" and other such (unmentionable) evidence of the downfall of Western literacy... But there is no question about "it" working or not: if you believe something, regardless of how preposterous it may seem to the rest of the world, you WILL get it. (In fact, there is a dimension where it already IS yours - but I don't feel like steering into those waters right now... ; ))

You have doubts - that is as clear as daylight. (It's no reproach, obviously: just an observation.) If you hadn't, you wouldn't be asking other people.
So, if there's something you want - and is not going to harm anyone - go for it. Stop hanging around here, stop asking others - just go and start doing it NOW.

Good luck.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Another thing is ,why would people really think it's evil,sure it can be used for bad or good,but it depends on the person.

Not only it depends on the person, but - the "laws" being what they are - to obtain something you have to visualise and feel it: which means that any harm that you want to inflict upon other people will slap you right back, with all the intensity you put into it...

BTW, I was very glad to read your story, Blankname.
Keep it up!

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Well based on my own observations, I have 2 things to say.

2. IS it just me, or have other people noticed that allot of jerks and people who don't deserve it achieve high levels of success and everything else they want. I'm talking about obnoxious, egotistical, snobby/snooty, demeaning, immoral, Jock type punks that would steal candy from babies if they could.

I always se these types get anything they want. Why is that?

I have 2 theories:
1. They were OK once, but power and wealth made them A-holes,
or
2. People who are truly the way you state above would not let morality, humility. possibly even the law create obstacles for their success. The rest of us tend to avoid harming others to gain personally. As you said, they would "steal candy from babies". In some circumstances you may get further along by being ruthless.
Of course there are really good people who are successful and have a lot of money- Ive known a couple - so dont despair.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The Secret on DVD talks about cultivating an "attitude of gratitude." The idea being that when this is done consistently it brings more abundance into one's life.

One should be grateful for what one has, for help in reaching a goal (even if one does not yet experience that help), and for guidance along the way.

In The Secret they talk about carrying around a "gratitude rock." So that whenever one takes it out, as in emptying one's pockets at the end of the day, the rock will be there as a reminder to cultivate an attitude of gratitude.

For hard core Heart Chakra Radiance practitioners, we have taken the whole "attitude of gratitude" concept a couple of steps further.

We do this by focusing our HCR for the daily projection of gratitude.

No emotions are stronger than those from the heart chakra.

And by doing it with HCR, it becomes a more intense and genuine form of gratitude projection when compared to just carrying around a gratitude rock as a reminder to feel grateful

For spiritual guidance, one would do this by Radiating a sincere prayer in asking a question. Then comes one's Radiance of gratitude before the answer is given. Then an answer comes through, followed by more of one's Radiance of gratitude.

This has helped me immensely in the areas of auric discernment, the discernment of spirits, prophecy, past-life awareness, and higher awareness in general.

Radiating gratitude ingratiates those on the Other Side (i.e., those who are in The Light) that are in a position to help one reach one's goals and dreams as quickly and as harmoniously (for all involved) as possible.

The Radiance of gratitude, in putting one's "attitude of gratitude" on high speed, is, in my opinion, the most important facet of the whole Law of Attraction-Vibration concept and related teachings.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard

Beautiful Post Avadar, i 100% agree, it feels good radiating gratitude, and i bet the receiver feels good too.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The words "frequency" and "vibration" were not permitted...but without understanding these, a lot is missing.

In the extras Bob Proctor gives a full explanation of vibration, but its buried and most people won't dig.

I agree there is no part of eastern religion involved in the process. They make it very clear that the teaching is from Egypt and is thoroughly Rosicrucian through the symbology at the beginning of every segment and the letters Rosicruc. By only using those letters it is accepted and endorsed by all three major Rosicrucian groups, as well as several smaller regional groups.

Bob does do well explaining the entire concept though, don't let that part get away from you, seek it out.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I have to say i've never even heard of "the secret" but lots of people on the thread seem to be relating it to karma which I used to beleive in but now don't. Why you may ask?
I know plenty of people who are empathic, caring decent types who have nothing but bad luck-I'll be totally honest with you here and include myself in this category (so much so that I actually sometimes wonder if i'm cursed?) and know of people who are arrogant,liars and theives who only seem to prosper and breeze through life without giving anyone else a second thought.
I really don't want to be dismissive of anyones beleifs but to me it actually seems like the opposite of karma is true ie. the more evil you are, the better you do in life-just look at Bush and Cheney.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
EDIT: sorry for the long post. I hope it's not too boring

I first ran into the secret by chance a little over a year ago. Was in january in fact. The funny thing was that when I found it, I wasn't looking for it or for selfhelp movies for that matter. I just saw the name and then thought that it sounded interesting.
The funny part was that at the time I was kinda longing for something positive to enter my life... but again, not searching, just longing.

Anyways, I saw it from start to finish, and everything just clicked. I was so obvious how it worked, the philosophy of it. It kinda annoyed me how a big part of it revolved around making lots of money, but the other parts;
-healing
-meeting people
-finding a way to work with something you wanted to work with
-stop smoking
-etc.

Now, my mom is a slight newage buff, and that might have been why I hadn't been paying attention. But all these things that The Secret told about, almost sounded like they came from her mouth.
She had been trying to teach me these things for 10 years
Being the "I can manage myself" kid, I of course just went "yeah yeah".

But now, as I said, everything fell into place and made sense. The psychological aspect of it... reprogramming you brain, your attitude.

So I started right away. Woke up, and thought of something that would either amuse me or make me feel pleasant. Perfect start. Days went by with a smile on my face. I stopped having negative thoughts and got more energy.
If I was sitting in slow bus I would think to myself that I would still get to my destination in time... and by darn it worked.
Even though I didn't care about the money part, I got a nice big check back in tax also O_o
I managed to quit smoking, me and the mrs. started eating only eco food.

BUT... there's a catch, as I was to find out. The Secret is not as magical as they paint it in the docu. You don't just ask and sit back and wait or, ask, align your thoughts and sit back and wait.
It's all in your mind, how you treat yourself and maintaining that positive outlook. Once you lose grip of that for a period of time you could easily lose the power of The Secret again.
What happened was that I came to a place in time where I got stressed with work. Along with that I had a surge in my going out and partying, and we all know how much energy you have the day after.

I found for my part that maintaining The Secret is a big deal about having discipline. The universe isn't going to give you something for nothing. You can still think "oh that's gonna be mine soon" and be lazy... and then not getting anything.
The trick for me is that once I align myself I automatically make the right decisions about how to approach a situation, be it a job interview, an assignment, getting money to buy that present, because subconsciously when I ask for that, my mind already knows the answer how to get it. It merely becomes a question of "do I want it bad enough or not?".

Having said that, I'm the kinda guy that believes in the theory of everything being connected. This table is me, I'm the table. You know... everything is just energy vibrating, affecting the next strain and the next.
I think that when you ask for something, and you start aligning and subconsciously work to get it, the energy that you emit from your body, affects and connects better with those who are in the position of giving you what you want. So in a way for me, it isn't that magical but simple matter of science.

Think about how you perceive people, when you meet them for the first time.
Humans are in my view intuitively fast to judge a person and get it right. But what if that intuition is based on reception of energy flows.
Take an example of two persons who look angry, in one case you might become very careful and approach the person in an "underdog" kinda way.
The other person you maybe approach with empathetic interest and ask what is troubling them. Now they both looked angry, but yet you handled them differently? Why is that?
I think that is the energies speaking silently to us. Now mind you again, I'm looking at these energies from the scarce examples I have of string theory etc.

So when I'm asking and aligning I would by nature steer towards the persons who I feel emit an energy that fits mine and connects best.

However... and that partying last year, I kinda lost touch. Had to uproot and move to another country for a year. New places, new people, missing the mrs. etc. I just lost grip of The Secret. So it's been a pretty normal year for me.
I just saw The Secret again with my roommate some weeks ago. But I can't seem to align at the moment. Hopefully I will find a way back soon.

But that kinda explains to me how The Secret is not a magical genie. It's based on physics that we have to apply ourselves to rather than just waiting for something to happen.
But I'm ok with that... sometimes I need to be down to process something or have some time out for myself.

My tip is if you haven't seen The Secret then see and try to apply it. It might take every bit as much effort as going on a diet, or starting to bike to work instead of grabbing the car keys when you go to work.
But it's well worth it. I was surprised how much changed in the time I managed to maintain discipline.

So therefore, best of luck to ya
By the way... did anyone tell you you look great today? Your eyes sparkle when you smile

[edit on 13/6/08 by flice]

[edit on 13/6/08 by flice]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard

Yes I too agree that through radiating from the heart in conjunction with the secret is an excellent combination in culminating love and gratitude.

I have actually tried The Secret and got my first free coffee.

I went into a coffee shop, being a regular customer and they had no large coffees left so something told me to buy two medium coffees, so I did. After that the girl said to me 'since your the last customer for the night, than I will give you a coffee free".

I nearly exploded with excitement and had a smile from ear to ear, I had been radiating gratitude for the coffee for a week and it came to me. I was so amazed that it worked and have applied it to the techniques that myself, Paul Richards and Arcon now practice.

Its the best thing I have ever done and I highly reccomend it for a positive outlook on life and it really does change it, as it has for me and my friends

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join