It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aspertame Lawsuit (Equal Sugar Sweetener Is Toxic!)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NRen2k5
Why do you keep posting information which you know is false?

Why do YOU keep posting information which you know is false?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by annestacey

I can’’t answer that question because the information I posted is not false.

Got any other questions? Hopefully ones that aren’t based off of false premises?

[edit on 4-11-2007 by NRen2k5]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga
reply to post by NRen2k5

And I can say the EXACT same thing to you aside from the fact that I posted the thread in the first place, so don't start w/ the bullying. I won't back down to you.

There is well-documented proof of this poison, all you gotta do is look at the three INGREDIENTS to understand this.

So then table salt is poison too? It’s sodium and chlorine, after all.

Your ingredients argument is bunk. And I’m pretty sure that’s already been pointed out to you at least once already in this thread.

[edit on 4-11-2007 by NRen2k5]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
That's one. I have a big bag of warns and I'm willing to use them. NOW let the topic continue without the personal junk.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NRen2k5

We could go on and on but this is getting us nowhere. I don't really care what you believe. I will not consume toxic chemicals. You go right ahead and consume them.

I would ask you to come back in about 20-30 years and let us know how you're doing but if you're not dead, you'll probably have alzheimers and won't even remember this website.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
That's one. I have a big bag of warns and I'm willing to use them. NOW let the topic continue without the personal junk.

I’m not sure there’s anything left to say on the topic. It’s gotten to the point where the anti-aspartame crowd is just trying to get the last word in, even if it’s something they’ve had debunked a dozen times already.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
reply to post by NRen2k5

We could go on and on but this is getting us nowhere. I don't really care what you believe. I will not consume toxic chemicals. You go right ahead and consume them.

I’m going to try to be respectful in this reply, but I have to admit it’s getting very difficult with you. I’m having enough trouble just not smashing my keyboard into the screen with this sheer level of willful ignorance being displayed.

You’ve already been told that ASPARTAME IS NOT A TOXIC CHEMICAL! Stop using this bit of misinformation as a basis for your statements and questions.

I would ask you to come back in about 20-30 years and let us know how you're doing but if you're not dead, you'll probably have alzheimers and won't even remember this website.

No guarantees. But I think you’re greatly overestimating the odds.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NRen2k5

You and/or anyone else can keep telling me that aspartame is not a toxic chemical but I will NEVER believe it. I am NOT one of the sheep.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You’ve already been told that ASPARTAME IS NOT A TOXIC CHEMICAL! Stop using this bit of misinformation as a basis for your statements and questions.

Actually it is. We use it to kill ants in areas that are also occupied by people. Obviously the dose is different but constant consumption is bound to have an effect. OK?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
reply to post by NRen2k5

You and/or anyone else can keep telling me that aspartame is not a toxic chemical but I will NEVER believe it.

Fine by me. It’s when you start to pass off your beliefs as fact that’s the problem.

I am NOT one of the sheep.

You are. Just with a different shepherd.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Actually it is. We use it to kill ants in areas that are also occupied by people. Obviously the dose is different but constant consumption is bound to have an effect. OK?

Actually no, constant consumption is not bound to have an effect. This isn’t like binge drinking where you’re assaulting your digestive system or smoking where you’re carrying some of the crap with you forever.

Could there be such effects? I’m open to the possibility.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You said it wasn't toxic:

One Look:

adjective: of or relating to or caused by a toxin or poison

I have show you that it IS toxic.

Actually no, constant consumption is not bound to have an effect. This isn’t like binge drinking where you’re assaulting your digestive system or smoking where you’re carrying some of the crap with you forever.

And what do you base that on?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You said it wasn't toxic:

One Look:

adjective: of or relating to or caused by a toxin or poison

I have show you that it IS toxic.

And what do you base that on?

The numbers. Aspartame is used in small amounts, and the amount of it that can become toxic on digestion is also small. Add to that that the toxins are eliminated by the body just fine, and you have a pretty difficult argument to make for any harmful effects.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The numbers. Aspartame is used in small amounts, and the amount of it that can become toxic on digestion is also small. Add to that that the toxins are eliminated by the body just fine, and you have a pretty difficult argument to make for any harmful effects.

I would like to see some statistics that the amount is small and that it isn't cumulative.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here's a informative site w/ 50 different doctor opinions on the dangers of, all 50 have clips within the site on their take:

www.321recipes.com...

Dr. Barua, MD (ophthalmic surgeon), Dr. Arun Bal, MD(surgeon) - "Methanol is a deadly poison...Methanol, thus breaks down into formic acid (a venom in ant stings) and formaldehyde (embalming fluid) in the body....It has been pointed out that some fruit juices and alcoholic beverages contain small amounts of methanol. It is important to remember, however, that methanol never appears alone. In every case, ethanol is present, usually in much higher amounts. Ethanol is an antidote for methanol toxicity in humans. In aspartame there is no ethanol...Methanol & its by-products cause swelling of the optic nerve & degeneration of ganglion cells in the retina."

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I would like to see some statistics that the amount is small and that it isn't cumulative.

I would like to see some statistics that it is. Isn’t that where the burden of proof lies?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I would like to see some statistics that it is. Isn’t that where the burden of proof lies?

Nope, you made the statement, now back it up with facts. Or it is merely opinion.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Ill be happy to provide you with some studies that show its cancer risk

Life-span exposure to low doses of aspartame beginning during prenatal life increases cancer effects in rats.

Consumption of aspartame-containing beverages and incidence of hematopoietic and brain malignancies.

Both are peer reviewed, published reserch articles

[edit on 11/4/07 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
From the same site as my last post:

One person who doesn't call it safe: former FDA investigator Arthur Evangelista. Evangelista says he left the FDA in the late 19-80's because of its practices. "On several issues -- including Aspartame -- I was told to keep my mouth shut.," Evangelista said. "The FDA was not following a public health policy that was protecting the public itself. but rather, seemed to be in collusion with corporations that were marketing substances that were detrimental to public health."

"In neurosurgeon Dr. Russell Blaylock's book "Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills," he writes that aspartame causes major neurological changes, and in heavy users, may even precipitate lupus and methanol toxicity, which at first appears to be multiple sclerosis. The ingredients in NutraSweet literally stimulate the neurons of the brain to death causing brain damage of varying degrees."

This site really covers the bases, from the history of it to current studies and health effects. A must read: www.321recipes.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Add to that that the toxins are eliminated by the body just fine, and you have a pretty difficult argument to make for any harmful effects.

Toxins are not eliminated by the body. This article states that out 10,000 people, all of them tested positive for synthetic chemicals. We do not metabolize them. They are stored in the body.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, starting in 1999, began testing the blood of thousands of Americans to determine what synthetic chemicals are being carried in their blood, their body fat and their body organs. The results of these tests -- more than 10,000 people have been tested so far -- is that every single person tested was found to carry hundreds of these synthetic chemicals. The problem here is that our bodies do not recognize these synthetic chemicals, most of which have been invented, patented and produced since World War II. Our livers, which are the main detoxifying organs of our bodies, do not recognize these synthetic chemicals, and as a result, do not metabolize them. Instead, the chemicals are either pushed off into the far reaches of the liver, to be stored, or sent into body fat and body organs to be stored. As these toxins accumulate, they begin to interact with each other. This is where the problem -- that regulatory agencies and manufactures want to overlook -- becomes a health disaster for us.

Interview with Randall Fitzgerald, author of The Hundred-Year Lie, on the prevalence of toxic chemicals

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join