It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aspertame Lawsuit (Equal Sugar Sweetener Is Toxic!)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I was looking at this article about a lawsuit from last year.

Here is a product w/ known problematic, killing ingredients. This stuff needs to be banned, avoid this artificial sweetener and tell others to as well, it's in more foods then known:

This current lawsuit seeks redress for the Defendants’ unlawful acts of knowingly and intentionally using the neurotoxic Aspartame as a sugar substitute in the manufacture of Equal, while knowing that exposure to Aspartame causes among other diseases/symptoms: abdominal pain, arthritis, asthma, brain cancer, breathing difficulties, burning eyes or throat, burning urination, chest pains, chronic cough, chronic fatigue, death, depression, diarrhea, headaches/migraines, hearing loss, heart palpitations, hives (urticaria), hypertension, impotency and sexual problems, memory loss, menstrual problems or changes, nausea or vomiting, slurring of speech, tremors, tinnitus, vertigo and/or vision loss. The lawsuit also states, "Further, Aspartame disease mimics symptoms or worsens the following diseases: Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease, Lupus, Diabetes and diabetic complications, Epilepsy, Alzheimer's Disease, birth defects, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Lymphoma, Lyme Disease, Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Panic Disorder, Depression and other psychological disorders."

[edit on 14-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
No. Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

Aspartame is generally safe, though the byproducts of digesting it are a bit interesting. As with any other chemical, it’s possible to have an allergy or sensitivity to it, but apart from that, there are no proved ill effects from consuming aspartame. It was probably someone allergic/sensitive who started the smear campaign years ago.

Snopes page: Aspartame – Sweet Poison?
Snopes page: Aspartame As Ant Poison

Wikipedia article: Aspartame
Wikipedia article: Aspartame Controversy

[edit on 14-10-2007 by NRen2k5]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
You're nuts, seriously, I'll spend all day doing research on this, never, I mean never BELIEVE Wiki on anything -- the Minister of Info?!?! Forget 'em -- there's been study after study about this poison -- also, Nutrasweet IS said to have chlorine in it -- look that up too.

Unless you're believing everything YOU read, that last poster is a disinfo agent, no one, I mean this, do the research, I worked as a file clerk for a law firm handling some of these cases, NO ONE should EAT these products.

Do the research, not just the Minister's site. People can manipulate those "facts" easily, this is already know and I wish people would research that and stop including those links, unless it's black/white info.

No offense to you previous poster should you just be believing the government's version of these toxic substances.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Absolutely, many tests have been carried out and it has been found that Aspartame can cause calcification of the pineal gland amongst other things... (cancer, tumours etc)

I'll try and find some proof (in fact just google 'aspartame' and you'll find dozens and dozens of sites that have details of the damage aspartame can cause)...

Do not believe the disinfo and take wikipedia with a pinch of salt.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I want to see if that person posts again, yeah, I guess there is no
reason to search out info unless he/she starts to dispute again....

...maybe disinfo agents (and believe me, they do exist) search out
a specific topic/posting forum, drop in their two cents and are never
heard from again. I guess we'll see. . . .

Regardless, the firm I was employed at was all over one of these cases,
trying to defend some insurance companies for a couple of local brain
damage cases that they had clear proof of that poison over people's life-
time. It was kind of intense to see some MRI/photos of said sickened
patients.

Since then, well, before since I've always ate healthy, I avoided any
sugar products. Not good for you, even the "safe" sugar -- organic cane.

Also, avoid all SODA w/ high-fructose corn syrup in it, all Coke and Pepsi
and all the other popular POP have it, as well as much other food(s), it's
a slower poison since it's in everyday food, seriously, take a gander thru
the cabinets/fridge, it's in more then you think. DO any alt-research on that and you'll find like-minded info as to it's toxicity.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga

You're nuts, seriously,

Oh, now that’s getting off to a great start.

I'll spend all day doing research on this, never, I mean never BELIEVE Wiki on anything -- the Minister of Info?!?! Forget 'em

Riiight.

Listen, if you find errors on Wikipedia, FIX THEM. That’s the great thing about an open-source encyclopedia.

there's been study after study about this poison

And the vast majority of them have shown no harm.

also, Nutrasweet IS said to have chlorine in it -- look that up too.

So does table salt. Is there any point to your statement other than shock value?

Unless you're believing everything YOU read, that last poster is a disinfo agent

So I’m a nuts disinfo agent? And what are you?

no one, I mean this, do the research, I worked as a file clerk for a law firm handling some of these cases, NO ONE should EAT these products.

Well gee, as a file clerk, your opinion on medical matters means SO much to me! Did you and the lawyers you worked for moonlight as some sort of superhero chemists? No? Then what does your opinion or theirs count for?

Do the research, not just the Minister's site.

Agreed. The truth abounds.

People can manipulate those "facts" easily

Which is why Wikipedia has a policy on citing your sources of information.

this is already know and I wish people would research that and stop including those links, unless it's black/white info.

Well, that’s why I posted the Snopes links first. They’re pretty clear on the subject.

No offense to you previous poster should you just be believing the government's version of these toxic substances.

No offense? You just called me a nut and a shill. And as for the government, USA isn’t the only country to approve aspartame for use in food and drinks.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Alright, so instead of doing the (ya'll guessed it) disinfo campaigning for Nestle or whatev big-industry that junk is owned by, I, differing from your approach, will continue w/ said research, not just some sentence by sentence taking apart language like the semantics majors you are.

This site is a good one for general truths about said topic. They warn public of aspartame.org as a propaganda-special interest site.

HERE is a site that's called, hmm, the Center for Science in the Public Interest, let's see what they gotta say about this topic:

Center for Science in the Public Interest

For Immediate Release: July 27, 2005

Aspartame: New Study Renews Cancer Concern, Says CSPI

Consumers & Manufacturers Should Switch to Sucralose Pending Thorough Government Safety Tests

The Food and Drug Administration should immediately review the safety of the artificial sweetener aspartame, and possibly ban it, in light of a new study published in the European Journal of Oncology. The study, conducted in Italy, found statistically significant increases in lymphomas and leukemias among female rats given aspartame. The smallest amount of aspartame (20 milligrams per kilogram of body weight) that caused a significant increase in cancer incidence is in the ballpark of what many people consume. The study also found equivocal results regarding brain tumors.

At a minimum, the government should conduct new animal studies of aspartame and encourage consumers and manufacturers that use artificial sweeteners to switch to sucralose, which CSPI considers to be the safest of the several artificial sweeteners on the market.

Aspartame, also sold as Equal and NutraSweet, is used in Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, and thousands of other foods and is consumed by 200 million people in the United States and around the world, according to the industry's Calorie Control Council.

"The FDA immediately should ask the government's National Toxicology Program to conduct new animal studies to assess the cancer risk from aspartame. As a precautionary measure, in the several years it would take to design and conduct such studies, the FDA should consider ordering aspartame off the market," said CSPI executive director Michael F. Jacobson. "Despite several shortcomings in the new study, one notable plus is that it was designed and conducted independently. Virtually all of the previous research was sponsored by the makers of aspartame."

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Absolutely, many tests have been carried out and it has been found that Aspartame can cause calcification of the pineal gland amongst other things... (cancer, tumours etc)

I'll try and find some proof (in fact just google 'aspartame' and you'll find dozens and dozens of sites that have details of the damage aspartame can cause)...

Do not believe the disinfo and take wikipedia with a pinch of salt.

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

Check your sites. Find out about who wrote them. Are the authors credible? Or like you think I’m doing with Wikipedia, do you just believe them because you want to believe them?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Ok? .. so where are your proof or facts ? .. Why should WE believe your testimony ? .. There are thousands and thousand of lawfirms in the US, who and why did your firm have anything to do with a case on aspartame ?

"Just because you had a case filed against the gov. about ufo, doesnt make it fact.." same principles ..

As i read in another thread here, that someone try to make us believe aids is a conspiracy against humanity ... Well, without people, the world doesnt work.. no people - no money ..

I think you should come up with some hard facts before you tell us to do it .. You are the one claiming this, not us

[edit on 14-10-2007 by tep200377]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
See what I mean, just off the topic semantics, about what? Believe or not believe websites about info?!? Fine, that's what we're discussing/arguing about here, so where's the rebuttal?

I provided more research, from specific sites that HAVE credibility, not a site where ANY person can go in an edit info to fit their SPECIAL INTERESTS.

What, you addicted to this poison or just working for the gov't???

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I want to see if that person posts again, yeah, I guess there is no
reason to search out info unless he/she starts to dispute again....

I’m looking forward to reading your “info.” Especially if it’s like what’s been posted so far.

...maybe disinfo agents (and believe me, they do exist) search out
a specific topic/posting forum, drop in their two cents and are never
heard from again. I guess we'll see.

Maybe. I wouldn’t know.

Regardless, the firm I was employed at was all over one of these cases,
trying to defend some insurance companies for a couple of local brain
damage cases that they had clear proof of that poison over people's life-
time. It was kind of intense to see some MRI/photos of said sickened
patients.

And in all fairness I won’t hold it against you for not bringing this specific info to the table, as you probably don’t have access to it anymore, as if you would have had permission to post details about it here in the first place.

Since then, well, before since I've always ate healthy, I avoided any
sugar products. Not good for you, even the "safe" sugar -- organic cane.

Also, avoid all SODA w/ high-fructose corn syrup in it, all Coke and Pepsi
and all the other popular POP have it, as well as much other food(s), it's
a slower poison since it's in everyday food, seriously, take a gander thru
the cabinets/fridge, it's in more then you think. DO any alt-research on that and you'll find like-minded info as to it's toxicity.

It’s not so much toxic as it is just plain unhealthy to consume too much of it, like fat. Yes, prepared foods have a lot of sugar, bad fats and preservatives in them. It’s best to prepare your own meals and snacks. Is this really news to anybody?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I've posted numerous articles/sites about said topic, I won't take part in anymore to and fro bickering. I don't want to spend a weekend doing that, I opened the gates to information searches to people's OWN cognitive way and they can decide for themselves.

Also, didn't mean to insult aforementioned poster: "you're nuts" or "disinfo" stuff -- I often complain about stagnant sites/threads where bickering takes over, practicing what I preach here on....

...lastly, do the research for yourself, I didn't ingest this stuff prior to my job at that firm, and no, I wasn't trying to place myself in any sort of judgmental spot by mentioning that, I should not of and I'll leave it at that; furthermore, I stand by these claims of said product(s) and should anyone want to have a sane, rational discussion about topic, by all means, I'll listen and politely respond but want to end the nasty bickering.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

See what I mean, just off the topic semantics, about what? Believe or not believe websites about info?!? Fine, that's what we're discussing/arguing about here, so where's the rebuttal?

How dense are you? If your information doesn’t come from a reliable source, then you might as well be making it up off the top of your head. In which case it needs no rebuttal.

I provided more research, from specific sites that HAVE credibility, not a site where ANY person can go in an edit info to fit their SPECIAL INTERESTS.

aspartametruth.com... is credible to you?!?!?!?!
aspartamekills.com... is credible to you?!?!?!?!?!!!

Did it occur to you that the VERY DEFINITION of these sites is “SPECIAL INTERESTS”?! They don’t seem the least bit BIASED to you?

The FDA quote you posted is interesting, though. I wonder if, in the two years that have passed, any other labs hve replicated the Italians’ findings… ?

What, you addicted to this poison or just working for the gov't???

Are you KIDDING me?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
ALL PERSONAL SNIPES AND OFF TOPIC POSTS / REPLIES WILL CEASE NOW.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Aspartame is a phenethylamine chemically closely related to the SSNI Effexor (venlafaxine)

Both substances have showed to be potent neurotoxins in rodents over many experiments by many researchers...

You have to ask yourself whether you believe the research of a pharma company financed group of academics over the research of academics who have no vested/financial interest in the substance concerned...

I know who I put my faith in...Gimme sugar over this stuff any day...

Peace

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Dude, or Ms/Mrs -- whatever you ARE -- why continue w/ this?!?! Do you like arguing, seriously are you SO hopped up on sugar it makes you come back for more and more and more? What?

I guess you didn't get to that next posting of mine, fine, so be it, people can and totally will decide for themselves when reading SAID info. Whatever the name of the sites, they can decide for themselves -- uh, the Center for Public Interest, how are you going to slam that one?

It's kind of insane how deep your love for ARTIFICIAL SUGAR(S) are to be this livid about said topic, seriously, what gives?

I'll even post this for those who want info for the PEOPLE:
Removed address details

[edit on 14-10-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I've posted numerous articles/sites about said topic, I won't take part in anymore to and fro bickering. I don't want to spend a weekend doing that, I opened the gates to information searches to people's OWN cognitive way and they can decide for themselves.

And you did a rotten job of it. A good job would have been to just bring it up, or link to a disinterested, neutral site.

I stand by these claims of said product(s) and should anyone want to have a sane, rational discussion about topic, by all means, I'll listen and politely respond but want to end the nasty bickering.

There hasn’t been any bickering to begin with. I’m just pointing out the facts. You can take them however you want, though I don’t recommend taking them personally.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hey Mod, can you *warn* that last poster? Who's still going on w/ insults....

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
Aspartame is a phenethylamine chemically closely related to the SSNI Effexor (venlafaxine)

Both substances have showed to be potent neurotoxins in rodents over many experiments by many researchers...

I’d like to see some of this research. Honestly.

You have to ask yourself whether you believe the research of a pharma company financed group of academics over the research of academics who have no vested/financial interest in the substance concerned...

And - no offense (seriously) - but we all have to ask ourselves whether we believe what we read on the internet, unless we lift it right off of a university site ourselves.

I know who I put my faith in...Gimme sugar over this stuff any day...

I’d say the same, but my father’s diabetic, and I’ve gotten used to Diet being the only thing in the house.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Hey Mod, can you *warn* that last poster? Who's still going on w/ insults.

No, I’m not. I’m disagreeing with you, not insulting you.

Edit: Who am I kidding? I’m not just disagreeing with you; I’m offering constructive criticism.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join