It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Lincoln County Witch."

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CTDarkWoe

Give it up,......
In case you don't know much about the 60's and 70's, there was no internet for the average person.
How do you expect the evil woman to have been archived????
Janasstar is a strong woman to have gone through this and write about it, and that sort of thing is what ATS is all about.
I believe her 100%!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I for one, have believed everything you have stated from the very beginning; ;I have seen no need for you to lie to us. It would make a great book and movie, it reminds me of the movie Roots, a great saga that had everyone on the edge of their chairs in front of the TV to find out what happens next. Night after night, people were waiting to find out what happened next; and post after post people were here waiting to find out what happened next; even those that didn't believe you.

It seems to me that when your father deserted all of you to go to Tampa, Florida, and he traded the new house for supposedly the bus ticket to Tampa; that his trade was possibly not legal.

I'm not sure of the laws in SC but usually a verbal sale without a written contract for "real estate", is not a binding contract; maybe I am wrong about this for the laws of SC. For the sale of real estate, it usually has to be in writing to be legally binding. Therefore, if the witch in your story didn't actually have a written agreement for the property, then it was legally still your mothers. Did you ever find out for sure if the witch had a legally written binding real estate contract?

If she didn't, then she might have legally taken possession of the property years after she moved into. Some states have laws that you become the owner of the property if you tell others you are the owner and you live on the property for so long. It is only after this period that these people can become the legal owner.

She may have known about such laws, and have pulled the fast one over your family by legally stealing your property since you didn't legally run her off of your property. I have assumed all of this though, and only you can set me straight to these facts, of whether she did have a written contract for the sale of real estate from your father.

If, and I do mean "if" she didn't have such a document, and if she went to prison before that amount of time expired for her to legally stake claim through legal theft of your mothers property, and it is usually many years in many states, then you might "just might" have some kind of interest in that property still.

On the other hand, maybe your dad did give her a written bill of sale for that new house; and it was actually legally hers after all. But I for one am waiting to hear your response as to this matter.

I realize that you must be in your 50's by now. Its strange how the most terrible things in our lives affect us so much. I can see you have had some ups and downs in your life, maybe you could tell us of some of the other times in your life also, like Miss 500 of 1973. Like the story of what became of your first husband, and how you and your second husband are doing, and how your brother is doing, and the rest of your family. I hope your brother is recovering, and doing well.

Are those big guns still up on the hill tops facing out into the countryside from Fort Riley, in Kansas? Is Tex the giant down at the Texas State Fair still there to greet people? Your whole life is interesting to us now that you have told some of the things that have happened in your life. One last thing, are you writing all that you have written because you are fearing the end is coming, and that you want everybody to know your story? Or, are you doing this only in the memory and honour of your family members? Somehow, this sticks in my mind, that you might have something going through your mind that your time is coming, one way or another; is that true, or just a foolish whim of mine? I hope your arm gets better.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by shai hulud
Here is the NC DOC record on Inez Sutton.

Inez Sutton

God Bless you
Told them I was not
lying!!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Twas nothing. Sounds like a right beast of a woman. Looks like she served little more than half of her 10year sentence and less than the 7yr minimum.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by shai hulud]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Twas nothing. Sounds like a right beast of a woman. Looks like she served little more than half of her 10year sentence and less than the 7yr minimum.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by shai hulud]

I am so grateful to you for doing this! But you know what? The gentleman that provoked me will never be man enough to admit he was wrong. For him it wasn't about that. If it was he would have sought the proof thru the regular means to begin with. He is just a tormentor and enjoys human suffering.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The pleasure is mine. Hope this helps in some way to get your story out. I for one believe you.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud

Whether you know it or not, you helped prove something else in my story, when you gave the link for the cemetery records for Tampa. She is buried next to my grandpa, Jesse D. Houser. Remember that I told you that the old dirt road was named later after my Grandpa Houser. And then I had Inez address my g'pa as Dick in conversation? His name was Jesse Dixon Houser, But he always went by Dick.
You will see in the lower section of the page in section II that she is laid out by Jesse D. Houser and Sadie Houser, my Grandmother, who died before I was born.

[edit on 10/5/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Janasstar,
I believe you. I apologize for all the crap you've taken in this thread. But, I have to say, we each live a life different from each other and the events that take place during that life builds the person who experiences it. The events in your life have made you scared, frail, and deeply wounded. That sucks. But, I think there is a reason YOU had to go through all that. I have no inkling as to the why. I know that evil resides in all of us and it's up to the individual person to recognize it and react. Either you follow the urge to commit evil acts or you suppress it and fight it all your life to be a good soul.
I believe you are a good soul. I believe you were subjected to evil and you successfully fought it off to become the person you are- a caring, nurturing soul. So aware that evil exists and therefore you recognize it when it appears in front of you. You naturely fight it.
I won't try to say I'm sorry you went through what you did, but, I will say I'm sad that you had to. The experiences you've related are dark. So dark it would take a VERY strong soul to survive it...and you did.

Shine, baby, shine! You were trained to recognize evil and resist it. Fight your fight however you can.

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Not only did "shai hulud" prove you was telling the truth about Tampa and that other women but also to get infomation presented also adds more to the story and gives us a little more insight to what she was like/who she was.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Spacedeck]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Had to jump in before I finished reading all the comments. Excellent story telling Janasstar, you are gifted and are using your pain in a positive manner.

For the poster that spoke of nonchalance in your writing style, it only goes to prove that they have not suffered a lot of traumas in life. Having also lived a difficult exsistence, I understand it is a protective measure we develop.

So sorry for you losses and for T, I lost my older sister when I was 9 and know how difficult it is.

And all the posts made for interesting reading and helped the story flow in my mind, excellent.

Love and light,
Vikturtle

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikturtle

Only a mature person who has really experienced life
could know that

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Remember that I told you that the old dirt road was named later after my Grandpa Houser.

So are you saying the name of the road is "Dixon Rd" or some derivative? Also, I am assuming this is the same road the house your father built was located.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Remember that I told you that the old dirt road was named later after my Grandpa Houser.

So are you saying the name of the road is "Dixon Rd" or some derivative? Also, I am assuming this is the same road the house your father built was located.

No, at one time they named the road Houser rd
But my brother said when he was over there some years back that it wasn;t. But he can't remember time frame that was.
This is same rd that log cabin was on, and the house that dad built that Inez bought from him.

[edit on 10/5/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud

Also, at this time, the log cabin is no longer standing. it was passed to my uncle when g'pa died and he sold it to a stamey family, and they tore it down. The stamey's also bought Inez's place. Don't know if this info is still true today, but that's how it was then.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hi Janasstar,

I have been reading your threads from the beginning and found them riveting-I love stories, esp. ones about childhood-now I wanted to ask you if you've ever read a book called "Bastard Out of Carolina" by Dorothy Allison? They made a movie out of it. It is a similar story to yours-about a child growing up with abuse and terrible disfunction who manages to overcome. It too is heartbreaking. Although the witch element isn't part of it. Just a lot of people who abuse alcohol and should never be let near children.

Thank you so much for sharing your story, better out than in.

Peace,
Pilot

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I really enjoyed reading your story, I feel bad that you had to witness all these terrible things.
Anyways, Thanks for sharing this story.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Can you tell me again how Hwy 227 and Dallas plays into this again? Just curious and doing some more research.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

I saw the
movie, it
hurt to watch.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Can you tell me again how Hwy 227 and Dallas plays into this again? Just curious and doing some more research.

ok, the dallas/cherryville hwy is where the old rutledge house was we were renting, that seemed to be haunted.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

An excellent point RussianScientists, I too would like to find out about that.

To the OP, an exceptionaly moving story, I am very sorry for the hardships yourself and your family have faced and I wish you and your remaining family all the best in the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join