It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Lincoln County Witch."

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
That Innez Sutton sounds alot like an older cousin of mine that is also a "self-proclaimed witch". The rest of our family thinks she's just crazy and stays away from her.

This cousin used to scare us when we were kids and try to make us think she could put curses on us if she wanted to. She's also been into satanic rituals and been in a great of trouble with the law during her life.

She and Innez probably would've been good friends if they'd met.

Anyway I can relate to the "self-proclaimed" witch part of your story and I had no problems believing any of it!

Thanks for sharing it with us.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar

Originally posted by shai hulud
Can you tell me again how Hwy 227 and Dallas plays into this again? Just curious and doing some more research.

ok, the dallas/cherryville hwy is where the old rutledge house was we were renting, that seemed to be haunted.

I don't think that hwy is 227, I've had probs with that map before. I remember that hwy distinctly as 277. Unless they have changed hwy numbers and that is highly unlikely, don't you think?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I was lucky to have the insight or feeling that I could believe your story from the start. This becomes even more evident with the records kindly provided by Shai Hulud (I have read dune as well, great series).

I would ask that you show forgiveness to those that doubted you, some of the stuff that is posted on this site is ridiculous and it is the doubters that normally take the time to research and uncover the liers / fraudsters. They serve their purpose and many times I have appreciated their work...

I have a feeling that there will be a movie / book contract in your future, I can see you relaxing in a big beautiful house sometime soon (lets hope this one isn't haunted LOL) and I have a feeling that good things are coming to you, Janasstar

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sobolwolf

Thankk you dear friend
(right now I'd settle for a pack of smokes LOL!)

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Janasstar, I just finished both threads.
There isn't much left to say that hasn't already, but I would like to point out that if you noticed there are many here who wished they were there to have helped you. As an adult you understand human nature but if you could tell your inner child that there are grown-ups out there who would have willingly died to protect you and your siblings, you may get some peace. I mean, at the time, you probably felt like the world was a horrible place, as evident when you wanted to die in the back of the truck. As you are reliving this and probably feeling the same helplessness you did as a child, know that decent folk would have tore those people to shreds had they known.

You story may some day reach some young children in a similar situation and may prompt them to seek help. You seemed to have lived up to your promise to Tampa, and I know she is by your side.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
Janasstar, I just finished both threads.
There isn't much left to say that hasn't already, but I would like to point out that if you noticed there are many here who wished they were there to have helped you. As an adult you understand human nature but if you could tell your inner child that there are grown-ups out there who would have willingly died to protect you and your siblings, you may get some peace. I mean, at the time, you probably felt like the world was a horrible place, as evident when you wanted to die in the back of the truck. As you are reliving this and probably feeling the same helplessness you did as a child, know that decent folk would have tore those people to shreds had they known.

You story may some day reach some young children in a similar situation and may prompt them to seek help. You seemed to have lived up to your promise to Tampa, and I know she is by your side.

Thank you , very eloquently spoken.and I have come to realize most of these things as an adult, because I am one of those adults that will rip someone to shreds for harming a child! Or any helpless living thing!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Folks, I said it earlier, but will say it again,
I have been up all night. I should try to sleep now.
Will catch up later tonight.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I am back out of respect to those that appreciate my story. I don't mind the requests to do it differently, so much as the accusation I received earlier, that I was fabricating this. I don't think any of you know how hard this was for me to write.
I thought that it might be therapeutic. I thought it would be a good way to get it out there and deal with it! But with the telling of it, comes the memories. And my memories are ahead of what I have been able to tell you thus far. Sometimes I stop and cry my heart out. Not for me, but for my siblings. Especially T.
From this point on Doc Moreau is on the ignore list, and anyone else that attempts to badger me. At this point, I am no longer sure if the telling of this story is going to be therapeutic, or if it is going to give me a nervous breakdown. I thank the rest of you for your wonderful support.

[edit on 10/4/2007 by janasstar]

you should really write a book. you have talent.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTDarkWoe
This is laughable. You disguise yourself by trying to evoke pity. No, this does not make me happy. I want some evidence more solid than what I have just provided. I can tell everyone my family members names and it really doesn't make anything different. I believe I will take a break from posting here for a while and just see some other people's opinions. I'm sure if everyone would take into consideration some of my points, they would agree. And with that, I have things to do. Have a great day.

dude your a dumbass. who cares if its true or not the the story is good and its touching. so just shut up and read.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Jstar, it really shows the hardships you and your family has had in life. I understand teh pain and hurt you must feel. one thing to consider that really might help you to heal is to write a book about your family and the horror you all have went through. You could donate profits of teh book to groups for abused children in T's name it might give solace to you and i think she would truly rest better with the fact that her life might help better onother childs life. just a thought
god bless

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Janasstar, enjoyed reading and appreciated you sharing your past with us (read both threads), it's an important lesson to me to be more open about my own. If you have more to share I will definately read, you are a very talented story weaver and as another writer, I really apreciate your style.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Agreed on Darkwoe, what an A-whipe. Anyone can be a skeptic and call BS on someone's story, but to deny that things like this happen in the world is just ignorant. Point is, I'm in the J-Star fan club and any people who refuse to believe this story should be considered lucky, they must have been shielded from all the bad things in this world and have no idea about what some people go through.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hi everyone,
I did get some rest. Have been catching up on your posts, I am not allowed to thank each of you individually, I was told that it was called spamming. But I do appreciate each of you. I have some u2u's to answer, and will try to get to those, but I wanted to rush to something else first.
I have left a terrible impression about my mom, and if no one minds, I would like to say some things in her defense, okay?
One other thing, I would like to share a pic of my mom and Tampa with you if someone would tell me how. Tampa was 2 yrs old sitting on mom's lap.

[edit on 10/5/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Another thing that's been of help in the cemetery records, is that you can see the date of death for Sadie Houser. That was mom's mother. She died when Mom was a little girl.
As an adult who has endured hardshp, I now, understand some things about my mom, that came harder when I was a confused child. Her dad worked long hours and was away a lot, so there was no one around to protect her. She was molested, most of her growing up years by an uncle, who would then lock her in a chicken coop and threaten to leave her there forever, if she told. In today's society, we know that child molestation and incest breeds promiscuity and all kinds of other problems.
We also noticed that after Inez was put away and my mom de-toxed from the pills for a long period of time; she became a much better person.
I love my mom, and would not trade her. She suffered too.

[edit on 10/5/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I tried to u2u you, but my computer shut down on me three times as I attempted to do so.
I am not jaded, nor am I cynical. I cry everytime I read Where the Red fern Grow, Old Yeller, Lassie Come-Home. and books of that type.
But most of the time, when I am reading about people it does not touch me.
Your story touched me. I cried for you, for the pain you lived through, for the hurt and the anguish, for the trauma you still live through.
I had to stop reading 6 this morning, and have only been able to pick this back up, and finish reading.
Jana.. You have alway impressed me with your insights, and thoughtful responses to many threads I find your posts.
Now I am just in awe of you.
I know this, though it does not help, that there is a reason we have the trials and tribulations in our lives. Your signature is also how I see things, having had terrible times in my own life.
Still, I cry for you, for the child you were, and I rejoice the person you became. Many, many people would not have been able to recover from your upbringing in a positive way.
They would have become another Inez.. I have seen many time show these kid of people poison those around them, infect them with their evil.
But you rose above that and beyond that, and yes, there are scars, yes, there are wounds that still bleed, I see them in the words you write, when the pain is just too much, and the keyboard you write on seem to drip with blood and tears.
But you turned from her hate, and evil, and became a quiet inspiration.
Jana, thank you.
Your story cannot have been easy to write, it could not have been easy to share. Especially knowing that there were going to be people who called you liar to your face.
That you did so, knowing what would happen, just shows once more, how much stronger you are than Inez' evil.
Bless you Jana. And thank you.
I do not know you, but you will be in my thoughts and prayers from now on.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Through the first 7 pages i read through tonight, i saw a lot of people criticising you Janasstar. I believe you and what you are saying. I've been through some terrible things myself, and for people to just blatantly disregard what you're saying as untruthful or ridiculous in the way you write it is stupid and ignorant... Kudos to you on having the balls to talk about things like this

I believe people should think before they speak/type on here.. At the end of the day, you don't know whether it's truthful or not, and you could seriously hurt thier feelings if you're wrong about what you're saying...

It's a very moving story that i've read so far.. You really could get this published. I'd definetely buy it!

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   

For anyone who doesn't think my story is true, it's easy enough checked out. I challenge you to make a liar out of me!

Well... Your challenge is accepted.

On this post you talk about T staying with you on the haunted house when she was about 15 and that she died less than two years later. A bit earlier on this thread you say that she died on 1977.

On this post you tell us that the haunted house had been torn down in 1973 before you were selected as an Honorary Miss World.

And on this post you talk about T seeing "The Exorcist" and how that affected her.

For the record, IMDB states that The Exorcist was released in the US on 26th of December 1973.

Thus, IMO, it's impossible that the story ran as you've told it to us, since the house was torn down before The Exorcist was even released, so T couldn't have stayed there and only seen the movie afterwards for it to make any sense in this context.

[edit on 6/10/07 by Count]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Now this is spooky, none of my edits actually showed up!

So, I'll rewrite...

If T died in 1977 & about two years later than the events described in the message, then the events happened in 1975. If the house was torn down in 1973 then T couldn't be 'about 15' at the time, 14 at most. Also the first message I refer to talks about the house in present tense, which wouldn't make much sense if the events had happened two years earlier and if the house was already gone by then.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
For your information "about 15" is ...14, or 14.25, or 14.5, or 14.75 or any fraction thereof.

Don't be an pendantic nerd.

Anyhow.
Janastar, when you are telling a story, and one of these bags of vinegar and water heckle you, don't waste energy or time responding, simply ignore them and move on to your story. The rest of ATS will respond in your defense anyway. You are not trying to win moral or political battles here, only retell a tale from thirty odd years ago.

I know its hard advice to take, but think of it like George Lucas stopping the movie everytime some fat pimply nerd in the audience squeels "Thats so impossible and goes against the laws of physics".

Before the whiney loser squad interupted your tale I wanted to suggest that your mother was most likely addicted to Methamphetamine. It was prescribed for over 21 different 'problems' back in those days, from being too tired, to being too wired, to being too fat or being too thin and easily procurred legally and illegally.

I'll refer you to the Rolling Stones Mother's Little Helper.
Even my grandmother was junked out on those in the late sixties and would waddled her pregnant belly a mile or so to get them from a neighbor.
If you can catch the History channel documentary about meth a little bell will ring in your head, especially when you compare your mother's tirades to those of the famous meth head Adolf Hitler.

Thanks for sharing your stories, they are truly a cut above
most if not all of the hysterical paranoid tripe that has been
posted to ATS in the last five years. Seriously.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Sometimes the sadness can become overbearing, but always remember... while there are ducklings the world is beautiful

Hey btw, it's my birthday next Saturday and I am not sure if I will have anyone say "happy birthday" unless I say it's my birthday

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join