It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Lincoln County Witch."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
This is the story of the Lincoln County Witch and the effect that she had on my life and the lives of certain family members. This story is true and being that this witch is not innocent, she has no need to be protected. And not only that, but her dirty deeds, or at least some of them, are a matter of public record.
Personally, I don't know how to go online and pull old newspaer articles out of archives' I have never tried. But for those that wish to, I will be happy to give you all the information that I can to assist you in doing so. I encourage you to do so.
The name of the newspaper is the Lincoln County Times, it is located in Lincolnton, NC, and is the county seat of Lincoln County. You might also find some of the trial events about her posted in the Gastonia Gazette in Gastonia, NC. I can't remember exactly, if it was 1969 or 1970. But one of those, for sure. Her name was, Inez Sutton.
She could not be charged with witchcraft, so they labeled the charge, 'false pretenses.' This is the background info on the case. the next post will begin with the story of how she came into our lives and the damage she caused.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
wow. you have had some crazy stuff happen to you. growing up with a witch near your house .... all i can say is that would suck!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
In my previous thread, titled, 'I rented Hell House.' I purposely gave a lot of background info on this individual. I believe that this womwn's misdeeds would make Bonnie and Clyde blush.
In my last thread, I mentioned that I was the ninth child born into a family of ten. We were very poor. We lived in a hand-made log cabin, constructed by my maternal grandfather. Without it, we would have been homeless. My grandpa lived on the property, but not in the same house. His nerves were bad from the war and he couldn't tolerate us. It wasn't his job anyway, just because my parents couldn't get along, and took spells of deserting the home and leaving us to our own devices.
Three of my older siblings had been put in an orphanage. I always wished they had put the rest of us there and didn't understand why they didn't. Not until after my mom died last year. But that's for later. Those three turned out with manageable lives and educations. My very oldest brother did okay too, because he took off and joined the Air Force.
Mom's first five children were by a different husband. My dad was the wild indian. And he was mean! I was glad when he left!
Of course by the time he left for good, mom had five children by him. Well, not quite, because Tampa wasn't born yet. That's how she got her name. We were all supposed to move to Tampa, but dad got on a mean streak and left without us, screaming over his shoulder, "I told you I didn't want no d**** young'uns! Then he hid in the Everglades afraid that mom would make him pay child support.
Yes, we are getting to the witch, but this was how she got her entrance. Next post...

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Btw, I got some helpful information from a viewer in a u2u about the newspaper archives, i'll post, but he says you will have to pay to access. I wish I could do this for everyone, but some pc hackers got into me and my brother Truspiritstar's account and cleaned us out. So, we are going to be a little tight for awhile. It's probably what pushed him into the heart attack. People don't think what they might be doing to a person when they pull these stunts. Either that or they just don't care.
But anyway, here it is:
www.newspaperarchive.com...\\na0021\2868479\14902106.html

-------------------------------------

Mod note - attempted to fix link

[edit on 4/10/07 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Your life sure has had many tragic events, I give you all the credit in the world for being able to live through all this. No one deserves to suffer from this type of stuff.

You are doing a great job of explaining things and I feel as if I was right there with you when reading your happenings.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Thank you so much for your kind observation.
Read my signature!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Janasstar. I would have to say that your stories have been about the most interesting things to have been posted on this site in a while. Aside from Kenpachi's hospital story. But you and him are up there

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Anyway, preceding my dad's departure, he had been building a house for us on the lower part of grandpa's property. Every day when he got home from work he did more and more work on it. It was nearly completed and ready to move into. It exceeded anything we could have imagined!
My dad was a severe alcoholic, and when he would dry out and try to act like somebody, he could excel at anything he set his mind to. This house was part of his making up to mom and us for all his wrong-doing. He was never going to let us down again! Until he came home drunk that last time and beat up my mom, hurled insults at the rest of us and left.
We thought that that was the worst of it until the next day....
We had a new neighbor! Her name was, Inez Sutton, She had a husband and three kids. Two girls and a boy.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Just wanted to interrupt here for a sec;
has anyone guessed yet where this new neighbor was living???
Third seat, second row, yes you.
"In you all's new dream home!"
You are absolutely correct! First prize!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Ok, now how did the witch miraculously wind up with our house, OVERNIGHT! Not that we knew she was a witch. She actually came off as very pleasant and friendly. She explained to my mom, that she had run into my dad, the preceding night at the bus station. He was trying to sell a piece of property with a house, for the price of a bus ticket to Florida.
Being that Inez was living with in-laws in the area, because her home burned down, she snapped it right up. Sight unseen, just to get out of her in-laws. She couldn't believe what a deal she got for $60.00!
Inspite of all this, she and my mom became fast friends. It was the beginning of 'hell on earth' for us.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
She even had the audacity to comfort my mom, while she cried her heart out over the loss of the house. But she didn't offer to give it back, either. Then we got to meet her son, the devil incarnate. She was actually kind of hard on her two daughters, but not this monster. We never knew another moment of peace after his arrival. The word, bully would wear like a sissy title on him.
His mom gave him everything he wanted. As soon as they took over our house, she set up her illegal activities, and the money started rolling in. She bought him a horse that he appropriately named, 'Fury!'
As soon as he would see any of us about in our yard or walking down that long dirt road, he would jump on that horse and run us down. A bicycle didn't come easy for us, but he would keep attacking with that horse until he destroyed it.
We were stupid enough in the beginning to try telling his mom on him. We didn't do that again. Something in her eyes suggested that we better leave her demon seed alone!

[edit on 10/4/2007 by janasstar]

[edit on 10/4/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Then bright woman that she was, she bought him a BB gun. No helpless animal was safe. Including us. His mom had some of the biggest, ugliest hogs that we had ever seen and we were terrified of them. We had never been around hogs.
Well demon seed delighted in this idea, so he cornered me and Laura after we got off the school bus one afternoon. He lay in wait at the bottom of the hill on that long dirt road. We could see that he had something behind his back; the BB gun! He pulled it out and aimed it at us, then told us to march. We did. All the way to his mom's hog lot. He decided that we were going to ride those hogs or he was going to shoot us. Until that moment I don't know if I had ever experienced such terror before. I knew I was scared of my daddy, but this was a whole new kind of terror.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Laura and I could see that our tears and shrieks of terror had no effect on him. He was a cold-hearted monster. She and I had a choice to make in our little girl minds. We either had to chance trying to ride those things and being torn to pieces, or being shot-to-death. We didn't know anything about BB guns either. All we knew was if you got shot, you got dead.
We did our little telepathy look as our eyes met through the tears and we knew we agreed. We ran for our lives with a hail of BB's bouncing off our hides and some of them penetrating. We didn't care. We were getting out of there!
It was about this time that I knew that I was through with life. That I had enjoyed as much as I could stand. I was six years old.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There was just no where to turn for help. It was a different world back then. There were no guidance counselors at school, at least not in the lower grades. With dad gone, mom would leave work and go out on dates and stay gone for weeks at a time without checking in. In later years, she said she thought the older ones would stay behind and look after the younger ones. Ha!
Well all that I can say to that is that the very oldest were in the air force and in orphanages. Next in line either had his head in the back of a broken tv set, trying to figure out how to make it work, or he was hanging at the local grill with his buds, as he well should have been. It wasn't his job. Even he was too young for that kind of responsibility.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Somewhere about this time, Tampa arrived. We were immediately fascinated with her. Even the family dog set up special charge over her! I didn't really understand why, but mom was home, too. Maybe that's what made the event seem so special. She brought mom home. She even stuck around for....I don't know. A long time. She was there when we got up for school in the mornings, she was there when we got home. I even liked it if she swatted my bottom.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
if that little kid pointed a BB gun at me i would break his fingers even if i was six but i understand you didn't know about BB guns and you were girls, no offence.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Really, you can't just stop there and leave us hanging like that!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Layla
Really, you can't just stop there and leave us hanging like that!

Sorry folks!
I sleep
during the day. I
don't sleep well at night.
I will continue now.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This lady really knows how to drag out a story over several posts, and then leave us with a cliffhanger.

You do realize that you could have probably fit everything you wrote so far into a single post, right?

I appreciate you sharing your story with us and all, I just wish you would have posted the entire thing at once instead of stopping and disappearing. Maybe you should just type it all up at once in Word or a similar program, and when you've finished the ENTIRE story you can copy and paste it on here in sections.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing... but PLEASE come back and get to the witch part!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
This lady really knows how to drag out a story over several posts, and then leave us with a cliffhanger.

You do realize that you could have probably fit everything you wrote so far into a single post, right?

I appreciate you sharing your story with us and all, I just wish you would have posted the entire thing at once instead of stopping and disappearing. Maybe you should just type it all up at once in Word or a similar program, and when you've finished the ENTIRE story you can copy and paste it on here in sections.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing... but PLEASE come back and get to the witch part!!!

Excuse me, but I am handling this the way that I see fit. I didn't stop and DISAPPEAR! I just posted above that I had to stop and get some sleep. I sleep during the day. Not being rude, but this is my thread, and I am going to have to do it my way.
I raised myself, and the only way I know how to do anything IS 'my way.'

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join