It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires Exist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well put Rabid Cerebral. Cheers

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black Veil Elder
You !Humans! believe what you see and only what you want to believe only.

It's actually about what humans want to believe only. When we actually see something we don't want to believe in, we start making excuses for things instead of accepting them, even to the point of believing we are mentally ill ourselves rather than admit what our eyes are telling us is real. However, if the TV confirms what we saw was real, people instantly accept it.

Originally posted by tetsujin420
Please do not take offence to this: Your tell us (ATS) to take someone at their word about something with no proof

I understand people want to see proof of other's claims on this site, and the reason why it never happens is because it's impossible. ANY posted evidence is too easily dubunked, unless it's a link to a "credible" site like a government site. It is usually at this stage people forget that these may be the people who are the reason the subject isn't public anyway, and it staggers the imagination the amount of people who believe "if it was real, they would tell us", as if there is no such thing as classified information.

[edit on 6/10/07 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Vampires, ones not where people just drink blood because they enjoy it or enjoy the Romanticism behind it, are less rare and supposedly there's no scientific proof behind it. However, it is said some people have a mineral(I think that's it) deficiency due to genes, that makes them crave blood. The label vampire is often mis used, therefore it's harder to come to truth of anything being factual. Psychic Vampires seem more of the norm, and it seems to be spreading rampant, if not mental illness or some social problem with people.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Of course there are really sick individuals who choose to class themsevles as vampires, and who drink the blood of others. Usually in sex rituals.

These tend to be either hardcore gothic teens, or those who choose to become heavily involved in the occult.

Whatever weird practice is possible in the world.....seems like there are always some people who are willing to subscribe to it....for whatever reason.

I don't believe in the vampire monsters as portrayed on TV, though.

Although one incident did occur to me as a child of about 10 years old. I woke up one morning with two puncture wounds on my neck. I wasn't aware of anything happening during the night, and didn't know about it until morning. I had to wear a bandage for several days. I don't know what caused it, to this day.

But I haven't turned into a vampire myself, as a result.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zyanith
...actually got that line from an ex-boyfriend, who believed that he could turn into a werewolf at will. And that he hunted deer in the woods behind his house at night. And that he'd found a whole bunch of other werewolves and they held pack meetings. Oh, and that he found the Book of the Moon (some kind of werewolf bible from Wolfs Rain) in his attic. I could go on and on about him.

A werewolf is one of the central figures of the oldest superstitions. This monster featured in numerous Hollywood blockbusters has been terrifying children and adults worldwide for thousands of years as well as vampires, witches, mermaids, ghosts and sorcerers.

However, the werewolf is little known as compared with his fellow, the vampire. The werewolf is more multiform and more mysterious than the vampire. The modern science may easily discredit all the mythical characteristics given to the vampire. But it is known that in old times some strange disease really affected entire settlements and turned people living there into furious beasts. Those diseased revealed all the classical symptoms of lycanthropy.

Which I believe is why people associated them to werewolves because of that disease. The same as porphyria linked with sightings of early vampires.

It was for sure that a werewolf bite would make a victim diseased. But nobody knew when and under what conditions the terrible werewolf symptoms could reveal themselves. And this fact explained the wild fear and mass executions in the Middle Ages when people suspected of being werewolves were burnt or executed with swords. Same as witches being drowned and burnt alive. If you don't understand things, you get rid of it.

It was until the 18th century that people in some parts of Europe believed that werewolves had their haired wolf tails hidden under clothes even when they turned into humans again. People thought that the physical peculiarity was always typical of lycanthropy patients, and doctors stated they actually saw patients having tails.

In 125 B.C., Roman poet Marcell Sidet wrote that people affected with lycanthropy revealed mania, frightful appetites and wolf ferocity. According to the poet, people were particularly subject to the disease at the beginning of a year, in February, when the disease was widespread and revealed in acute forms.

Believe what you will LOL.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The stereotyped vampire traits are familiar to any child: vampires have big fangs, sleep in coffins, are instantly incinerated by sunlight, and are best dispatched by a stake through the heart. But the most important "fact" that we all know of course is that there are no such things.

Of course, in terms of the mythical, literary and cinematic conventions, we are correct: there are no "legions of the undead" stalking the unwary. We have explained the folklore with politics, misunderstood diseases, and hysteria, the literary and cinematic images with psychology, history, and sociology. We of the 20th century are confident that vampires could not really exist. But then, most of us are never forced to think otherwise.

Some people reading this already know this. The rest are probably thinking, "Real Vampires, give me a break! Sure, there are some pretty weird people out there, but all they need is a good therapist." Yes, there are people who take on all the trappings of a gothic novel: dressing in black, claiming or pretending to be "vampires" in the supernatural sense, wearing capes, sleeping in boxes, even getting their teeth capped. But beyond and behind all the folklore, the psychological theories, the role playing, even the traditional spiritual assumptions, lies the real truth about vampires.

Like I said on the previous page, back in the mid 90's I researched into Vampires for a good few years. It was a very interesting ride I might add. I still have my findings. The field of vampirology is complex and mysterious. There are many aspects to the vampire phenomenon, and they would require several books to fully explore. Each of us incarnates for a lifetime with a certain way of relating to the physical world through the vehicle of our physical body. A vampire is a person born with an extraordinary capacity to absorb, channel, transform, and manipulate "pranic energy" or life force. I researched with a girl who claimed to be able to manipulate life force, but she used it to heal. She would drain away the negative energy from a person. Not leech the positive energy, but that can be done also. Energy is all around us you see, and it can be manipulated. Just look at what happens when you boil water, or freeze it. The energy changes structures.

Fresh blood is the highest known source of pranic energy (life force). Human beings have practiced blood-drinking for many reasons throughout history, but drinking blood alone does not indicate that a person is a vampire. Only real vampires can directly absorb the pranic energy in fresh blood, and for this reason some real vampires are attracted to blood and find different means of obtaining it. However, it is a rare vampire who cannot absorb energy in much more subtle ways. Of course one must not forget porphyria the disease which has the characteristics of vampirism.

A "hungry" vampire -- one whose energy level is imbalanced to the deficit side -- becomes an involuntary psychic vortex, drawing all pranic energy in the area towards her. When the energy does not flow in fast enough (and it is typical of vampires that the energy never flows fast enough for them) she will begin manifesting behavior patterns to increase the amount of conscious attention she gets from others. For this reason, some vampires develop a pattern of being aggressively confrontational, or of constantly antagonizing people with whom they have relationships.

Many people find that they feel "creepy" or "weird" around a vampire. This is usually due to the effects of one's own life force being drawn towards the vampire's vortex. Most people feel uncomfortable and distracted when their energy is pulled away from themselves. In addition to this, a common result of such an energy drain is for the aura to pull in tightly towards the body, and this causes a prickling sensation on the skin -- the "creepy-crawlies."

Any more information just ask. I interviewed many apparent 'real' vampires around 1995 and have the information handy if anyone's still interested. I asked on page one, had a few responses but not so many.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Arawn]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Dear users...

If i had no reason to make this topic o would not made it.I started this topic to make some people understand that "Vampires" Is and always will be a name between a separative species of a human...
I personally seek knowledge...I will not judge you for your opinions as i respect every mans belief...
You can call me a Vampire and i believe i am though i have done things that some cant and others can..i separate my self from some of the others but i do not blame and destroy someones belief...
I will not reply any longer in any matter about vampires in this topic only and only cause some still dont respect my point of view...
Anyone that wants to contact me about this matter please do it in Pm's.
For me this topic is closed..
Thank you.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   

though i have done things that some cant and others can

What things?

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
i have heard of people 'who sucked the life of out of you.' ENERGY wise.

which prompts me to think, that yeah, in some way, those people were vampires of energy. but they did not even know it.

one of my teachers told me, never look at someone directly in one of the eyes, because psychic vampires suck your energy when you do this. (i gotta look this guy up, this was 15 years ago, he is telling this stuff.)

i think, but i am not sure, he said, never look in the LEFT eye. i could be wrong, as i said, it was 15 years ago.

he never mentioned blood vampires, but he did say pyschic vampires exist, and most of them, do not even realize they are psychic vampires.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I met plenty of people claiming to be vampires in my day, mostly in high school some in college. Most of these kids had the crud kicked out of them by football players who didnt like being given dirty looks by kids in eye liner.

I like the you humans part. That seems rather high horsed in my opinion especially considering that 99.99% of so called vampires can go to a doctor and be pronounced human. Im my experience the only real vampire in modern society is count chocula.

I recall meeting a young man who claimed to be a vampire while in college at a night club, he came hard up on me and said I was sitting in his booth. He claimed to 40 life cycles old, funny thing is when I stood up and he saw I was almost twice his size the vampire pomp left.

Real monsters exist in this world, we're called humans.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
kenpachi thats well said, but on the other hand youve got to think about life in itself, humans, maybe vampires were from a different planet but looked the same to us and maybe on their planet blood was a natural resource like water is natural for us, you never know whats out their until you look lol

peace out

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I saw a show on TV (I think it was "Ripley's Believe it or Not" or something), and it said that some humans have an actual "lust" for blood, and actually cut themselves and others to drink it. It's a syndrome called "Vampirism", they even have pale-white skin that burns in sunlight.
I also saw an episode of "Penn and Teller", where they showed a Goth couple who lived like vampires and drink each-others blood.
Hope this helps

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I don't believe in the existence of vampire. I think vampire is just another fanciful name for people with psychological problem. I came across the reading on psychic vampire that drains people's energy. I believe the draining of energy is similar to how new-born baby "drains" energy of the parents; crying at night and the parents feeling helpless or frustrated. They drain energy emotionally. And did vampire originate from the western culture?

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkMonk
And did vampire originate from the western culture?

They originate from every culture around the world going back thousands of years. Hungary, China, Malaysia, Greece etc. But they all have different tales and ways of describing such 'vampires.' I mean in China some stories of vampires from thousands of years have had pink or green hair. Sounds like a punk to me, but there you go.

I leave you with a quote:

John Heinrich Zopfius in his Dissertation on Serbian Vampires, 1733, says: "Vampires issue forth from their graves in the night, attack people sleeping quietly in their beds, suck out all the blood from their bodies and destroy them. They beset men, women and children alike, sparing neither age nor sex. Those who are under the fatal malignity of their influence complain of suffocation and a total deficiency of spirits, after which they soon expire. Some who, when at the point of death, have been asked if they can tell what is causing their decease, reply that such and such persons, lately dead, have risen from the tomb to torment and torture them."

Scoffern in his Stray Leaves of Science and Folk Lore writes: "The best definition I can give of a vampire is a living, mischievous and murderous dead body. A living dead body! The words are idle, contradictory, incomprehensible, but so are vampires." Horst defines a vampire as "a dead body which continues to live in the grave, which it leaves, however, by night for the purpose of sucking the blood of the living, whereby it is nourished and preserved in good condition, instead of becoming decomposed like other dead bodies."

MUHAHA!

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
one thing that freaked me out

I don't say it proves anything ok?

I've always read a lot, but i'd not started on vampire stuff then.

anyway

I was on my way to school, 8.15 am or thereabouts in winter

I used to be something of a fighter in the schoolground. so I didn 't back down easy.

funny thing is, I had to cross a bridge then pass a couple of derelict buildings, which are quite nice.

that morning there's a girl standing in the shade (sun was barely up) so I just cycle up the little bridge, and she smiles ate me

it's a nice smile, no harm intended, no warning, no threat

she does however have fangs.

I ran.

edit, I was 14 then, I'm 28 now
these days I think I should have stopped and talked, cause she was'nt threatening

still,

I ran

[edit on 21-10-2007 by Mirrorshade]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'm actually very interested in what you have to say. Could you please post more information? Ever since Nehmahati posted for two years, I've been waiting for someone else to post a mention of her or something similar to her.

I just tried to u2u you, but until I have more posts, I can't send any. I'd really like to hear more and will post more (Of course, I won't spam.) if I must to see what information (regarding what Nehmahati posted and the personal conclusions you've come to) you have.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Arawn

I read your interesting posts. Since you researched the field, a question to you: Would you say that one becomes vampiric or is born vampiric?
Also, do you see any links with low-vibe/low-energy/depression and vampirism?

Furthermore, might modern vampirism be derived or influenced by fiction or is the fiction derived from vampirism? What came first? Are most "vampires" only copying the behaviour and looks of the "scene" and various works of fiction or did fiction copy/exaggerate what was already there?

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the interest.

Firstly, of course no body, in the scientific field has come across a 100% legit vampire. If they did (looking at the Hollywood depiction of them) they wouldn't be around to tell the tale anyway. There is no scientific evidence of actual vampires, but there are a number of real medical conditions that might result in vampiric behavior or appearance. As mentioned already, porphyria is a rare disease, which has the symptoms or side effects of the Hollywood vampire. Chemicals in the body called porphyrins are key to producing haem - a molecule that's vital in red blood cells for carrying oxygen. A dysfunction on this production causes the disease porphyria stemmed as you can see from the chemicals called porphyrins.

Side effects? Well they are your classic vampire appearance. Although granted, the disease is very rare, there are around 5-7 different strains of porphyria. These sufferers can display a redness around the gums and teeth, blisters on the body and sensitivity to sunlight. Sounds like a vampire right? So take a step back from todays day and age and travel back hundreds of years. It wasn't long ago that witches were hung and drowned for apparently conspiring with the devil. I'm sure porphyria sufferers would be looked upon differently. Also medication has improved where it can be controlled through injections. Of course, injections hundreds of years ago were non existant, so some say to help ease porphyria, the consumption of blood would have helped. So a blistered, sun scared, red mouthed blood drinking man would have stood out I'm sure you'd agree. Did the myth stem from that disease? Well, it's certainly a valid option.

Also another disease that could be heavily linked with vampires and the apparent rising from their death, could be catalepsy. It effects the brain and has links with schizophrenia. The symptoms are such that the human body becomes very rigid, so it could give the impression of a rigid corpse. Not only a rigid body, but the heart rate and breathing slow down. So imagine seeing somebody like that, only for them to come out of 'their trance,' and start moving around again. Human rises from the dead?! Today, doctors have the knowledge and tools to accurately determine whether or not someone is alive, but in the past, people would decide based only on appearance. I'm sure the word would have gotten around a few hundred years ago right if somebody apparently rose from the dead?

Another common theme was the digging up of coffins and the entering of crypts of supposed vampires only to see that their nails had 'apparently grown' and that would signify the origins of life to the un-informed. After death, fingernails and hair often appear to continue growing because the surrounding skin recedes, which may give the impression of life. Gases in the body expand, extending the abdomen, as if the body had gorged itself. There's many stories out there or people being dug up because rumors spread around ancient villages of the supposed vampire still rising from his coffin. On inspection of the coffin, seeing the body with an apparent full stomach (gases released on death) and finger nails that had grown (actually receding skin around the nails giving the illusion) - the persons heart was usually taken out and burnt. Ever heard of rest in peace?

Many pieces of information were of course passed around in ancient times that were scientifically false. It's natural that with the improvements of our science and more importantly biology, we can make judgments on life and Worldly events with a lot more basis of analysis. These stories would have been seen to be 100% true, which of course they weren't. It was just their lack of not knowing what was right and wrong.

The appearance of so many vampire-like monsters throughout history, as well as our continued fascination with vampires, demonstrates that this is a universal response to the human condition. It's simply human nature to cast our fears as monsters.

Would you say that one becomes vampiric or is born vampiric?

Well, going back to the diseases that possibly could reflect vampirism in terms of appearance, then that of course could be either. I've yet to come across a blood sucking, other worldly vampire, but I did have contact with a girl who confessed an awfull lot about what she knew, as she herself claimed to be a vampire. This is and was my main research into the field and analysis that I posted on numerous websites as mentioned back in the mid 90's. As the post is getting quite long now, I can always post more information on what 'she' told me about her kind if need be and people are generally interested.

Also, do you see any links with low-vibe/low-energy/depression and vampirism?

This I'm guessing links back in with energy vampires. People who claim to have gifts to drain the life force away from people from their aura's. Not in terms of drinking their life force through the consumption of blood. There are two different types of energy field vampires from what I've stumbled across. 'Negative leeches' who are adicted to sucking energy from others on a daily basis in order to feel more complete and stong themselves. Then on the lighter, angelic side are energy drainers who specifically target negative energy. I guess you could like that to spiritual healing. They drain away negative energy from other peoples life forces to actually aid and help them. I guess in all aspects of life, we can choose how to use our gifts that we have been given in a good or a negative way, shape or form. A good psychic can usually tell if a person is a psy-vamp.

On a materialistic, obvious level, there are people who suffer with depression who feel the need to make themselves have a purpose in life again. They obviously join with the wrong people and are easily 'swayed' into vampire practice or maybe some sort of black arts. Not all people of course, but when you're very fragile in terms of mental state, you can be easily mis-guided. So in terms of depression and vampirism, then I guess there is an obvious link there with certain people of the younger generation.

Continued below...

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Furthermore, might modern vampirism be derived or influenced by fiction or is the fiction derived from vampirism? What came first?

I believe that everything today, myth, story etc from past folklore is not fiction, or based upon fiction. It all started somewhere. Now that's not saying that whatever we know today from ancient times is 100% accurate, of course not, but I believe these stories actually happened all those years ago. The same as UFO and ghost sightings today. We don't know exactly what they are, but the more and more eye witness accounts of these 'things' happen, then you have to start believing something. The Hollywood vampire image is of course enhanced to scare and appeal to people, so that image can be classed as pure fiction. Dark cloaks with high collars etc. It's there to sell films and set the scene. From my own research I truly believe something had to have happened for people to keep remembering this 'vampire,' as things die out over time.

The sabre tooth cat nobody talks about anymore. The wolly mammoth is hardly mentioned. These were living creatures that have become extinct and forgotton over time. Yet the vampire and it's cousin werewolf are constantly remembered. Of course they are helped along with media in terms of magazines, films etc. But from own viewpoint, people really want to cling onto the memory and hope of vampires. Why? Well we all want to imagine some sort of superhuman creature. It must have orginated somewhere in the ancient past, but the memory and stories have lasted hundreds of years

I class vampires in 3 groups. Human blood drinkers, psychic vampires and blood drinking vampires. Psychic Vampires are humans who have some telepathic ability and use this ability to draw the life force from others. As mentioned slightly above, they come in two types, Intentional and unintentional. The first type actively seeks out victims with whom the vampire will attempt to interact in such a way as to provoke strong emotions, sexual intercourse is the most common. The Psychic Vampire will then use the time when the victim is at his or her most vulnerable to absorb the mental energy emanating from the aura. Other Psychic Vampires prefer to attack victims whilst asleep, often causing vivid nightmares upon the emotions of which the vampire feeds.

Human blood drinker types lead me onto your next question Skyfloating:

Are most "vampires" only copying the behaviour and looks of the "scene" and various works of fiction or did fiction copy/exaggerate what was already there?

As mentioned, young kids follow others in order to appear 'cool.' So you can expect that people want to look a certain way because they just like it. What do people like myself dres like who like rock and roll music? We try to appear like the bands and artists. It's just natural. But this also stems to human blood drinkers. Some people style themselves after true vampires or vampires of myth or popular fiction, Some are ordinary people for whom blood-drinking is an exciting diversion in their lives and some use blood as an aide to sexual excitement. I actually dated a girl around 8 years ago who started to develop a pact with another girl. They would drink each others blood occasionaly. Of course the relation ship didn#t last as she unfortunately had a few mental unstabilities. Whatever the reason for being a 'Mortal blood-drinker,' a huge culture exists to support them. Most choose to advertise for blood doners or purchase it from blood banks if the laws in their country allow it.

Are vampires actually out there in underground clubs? Do they keep themselves a secret? There are many stories of people claiming to have seen people with these black eyes asking for permission to be welcomed into peoples houses. This is a lot more recent than my research and I don't know what these 'things' are.

There's a lot more to be discussed here as the stories and background information on vampires could be expanded and talked about for ages. I don't have time to keep typing right now, but will check back on the thread in the next week or so. I hope some of what I wrote was interesting and to the point.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Arawn

Yes, very informative. Thanks for taking the time. I look forward to your elaborations next week.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join