It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires Exist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
no offense but i would rather be a werewolf then a vampire

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenchan`
no offense but i would rather be a werewolf then a vampire

It does seem more healthy, doesn't it?

My point is, that there is truth in the fact that some people live solely by human blood. It may go in with a needle instead of down the hatch, but a lot of folks do rely on it.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Unless vampires are very frugal I'm gonna go with this article I found a while back. Can't remember the original source but It's still floating around.

Physicists Costas Efthimiou and Sohang Gandhi's paper "Cinema Fiction vs. Physics Reality" offers a full explanation.
Efthimiou and Gandhi conduct a thought experiment: Assume that the first vampire appeared on January 1, 1600. At that time, according to data available at the U.S. Census website, the global population was 536,870,911. Efthimiou and Gandhi calculate that, once the Nosferatu feeding frenzy began, the entire human race would have been wiped out by June 1602 (thus forever changing the course of history by preventing the invention of the slide rule eighteen years later).
The physicists note:
Another philosophical principal related to our argument is the truism given the elaborate title, the anthropic principle. This states that if something is necessary for human existence, then it must be true since we do exist. In the present case, the nonexistence of vampires is necessary for human existence. Apparently, whomever devised the vampire legend had failed his college algebra and philosophy courses.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Well, I'm going to speculate that pigs blood is similar to that of human blood, and lots of people eat that... so here's some nutritional facts of pigs blood:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78dab092e2ed.jpg[/atsimg]

Low in fat and high in protein. I am just making an educated guess here, but raw human blood would probably have some iron in it as well. So one could theoretically sustain ones self off blood for a short amount of time, but one would eventually get sick.

It would be like eating the same food every day...you would have to supplement vitamins and minerals to stay healthy.

Do vampires have fangs because their teeth have rotted away due to scurvy?? They would eventually NEED some sort of vitamin C, not to mention everything else that blood doesn't contain.

Blood diet=bad news.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
0% iron just does not look right to me.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

You could have easily checked it out instead of posting a one-liner.

Anyhow,

a quick calculation (for human blood, but pigs and humans are physiologically fairly similar) suggests that, given that blood solids are mostly red blood cells and red blood cells are largely made of hemoglobin, you could roughly estimate the nutritional content of raw blood: there is about 150g of hemobglobin per liter, which translates to about 600 Calories per liter of blood from protein content, and about 160 mg/L of iron.

chowhound.chow.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black Veil Elder
Vampires

You should be seeking knowledge in all things and not only in yours!!!

Sincerely ~Black Veil Elder~

What value could possibly be gained from trying to gain knowledge in another's fantasies?

In my mind, I am the strongest, best looking, smartest person on the planet. And I can fly.

Now, I demand that you respect that I can do these things and I also demand that you take the time to learn about me and these things that I can do.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

you are soooooo wrong...1. Dracul does not means dragon but "devil"...The so called Dracula was Vlad III "The impaler", son of Vlad II Dracul.
2. Vlad "The impaler" did not worked with the turks...when he was little his father trade him and his brother to the turks in change of military support. While he was kept captive in Ottoman Empire, his hate for them grow stronger everyday... And he is called "The impaler" because he used to insert a stake through the anus and pushed until it emerged from the mouth...
3. "Dracula" was the name created of bram stoker for his vampire, adding and "a" to the name of the father which was Dracul.
4. Vlad the Impaler WAS NOT A VAMPIRE. He was a cruel prince that liked to torture people. It's true that he drank blood and ate the bodies of his enemies but it wasn't because of any vampire need but for simple sadism and mental problems. He surrounded his castle with the impaled bodies of the Ottoman as a message for those who might want to challenge him so that they see what awaits them.

I know the entire story of Vlad The impaler because i'm Romanian and i've always been attracted to the vampire stories and of course the first thing i did was to learn the story of the world most favorite "vampire" witch was also romanian.

There is also the story of countess Elizabeth Bathory, called "Countess Dracula" or "The Bloody Countess" supposed to be related to Dracula. Her story is ALMOST as cruel and sadistic as the one of Vlad the Impaler.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
In my opinion vampires are definatly real. Through personal experiences I have concluded for myself they are real. They dont exist they way hollywood always depicts them though. I suffer from a condition called "Aniridia" so sunlight bothers my eyes very much so I go out mainly at night to conteract that. I have been also been to Pooles,Paris and Rome and where normal people go sight seeing in the day I went at night and have come face to face to them. I have also been confused for one by my eye condition. Has anyone on here ever ran into being mistaken for one?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSecretTruth
I'll just say, yeah, I believe in away. There can be no possible way of this being created and being fake (although the whole 'Vampire' story may have been diluted along the way).

Take Jesus for example, I don't deny that he lived and was a real person, I just believe that some of the things that people said he could do were exaggerated to give more hope to others that they had this ass kicking guy who would miracle the crap outta anyone who hurt his followers. For them to believe that good does triumpth over evil.

As with Vamps, I believe there was a guy called Dracuala, no way in hell can there be such stuff about him and none of it true. Every story has to come from somewhere and is never entirely made up out of thin air. No matter how good you are lol.

Anyway, I'd be intrested in knowing more about 'Vampires' and their way of live these days, cause I'd like to see how they've managed to keep themselves hidden away from society... or maybe they haven't been hiding.... hm... all around us maybe, without us knowing? lol

Anyway, till next time people (and Vamps if you're reading this lol)
TheSecretTruth

Yeah, you're right. How can we possibly have invented these things? We all know that humans have absolutely NO imagination at all.

It's like when people try to tell me that there is no such thing as Spider Man, I tell them, "what, so you think someone just invented that whole story?! Impossible!"

Of course there's more. The Tooth Fairy, Superman, Frankenstein's monster, the X-Men, Freddy Krugar, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. ALL REAL because humans are far too stupid to be able to invent these things in their minds.

By the way, the name you are looking for is Vlad Tepes, not "Dracula"

[edit on 13-2-2010 by triplesod]

[edit on 13-2-2010 by triplesod]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b61a2e8f9d3.jpg[/atsimg]

Found this decided to through it on the fire here.
Supposed female vampire skull .

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Vampires....hmm......I like those beautiful vamp women......that's what make me watch the every new movie based on the original story. But if they are real?

With real I mean the kind of vampires that can live forever, not able to walk in daylight and burn to crisp if they do and most of all with no heartbeat.....you know....the REALLY DEAD ones?

Everything else is not a vampire in my book.

The energy and blood sucking mental unbalanced and confused HUMANs with a heartbeat wish they could be one.

You can sharpen your canine teeth, drink blood and do whatever but walking around without a heartbeat and the absence of mirror reflection is the tricky part which divide the 'real' vampire and the unbalanced wannabee.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

One word.....photoshop...

second line
and a third.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I just wonder why vampires have become so glamorous and beautiful, when most of the old stories talk about them being fat and bloated.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
i completely believe. just saying

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
i completely believe. just saying

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Black Veil Elder

Well , here's a couple of alleged beasts that defy description ,
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !
news.ninemsn.com.au...

Vampire couple arrested for attack on man14:30 AEST Mon Oct 11 20104 hours 22 minutes agoBy ninemsn staffVIEWS: 0| FLOCKS: 0| 0 comments so far
Aaron Homer and Amanda Williamson are self-professed vampires.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A man and a woman in the US have been charged after allegedly stabbing a man because he would not let them 'drink' his blood.

Aaron Homer, 24, and Amanda Williamson, 21, who claim to be vampires, allegedly attacked 25-year-old Robert Maley at their apartment in Phoenix, Arizona.

edit on 11-10-2010 by radarloveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I have been researching the topic for years. Never to find enough information to either prove or disprove the existence of such rational creatures. I asked my priest about them while growing up and he told me he met one while studying in Europe who was over 600 years old. I was fascinated by his description and the things he was told. I have been looking for them ever since. I have so many questions. Alas nothing yet.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I know a direct descendent of Vlad the impaler.....he says it's a lot of Sh*t...he also has rights claim to the original castle, not the one you get the tour of, but another old ruin that the real Vlad held court in.......it's nothing but a few bricks and some mortar now.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
I know a direct descendent of Vlad the impaler.....he says it's a lot of Sh*t...he also has rights claim to the original castle, not the one you get the tour of, but another old ruin that the real Vlad held court in.......it's nothing but a few bricks and some mortar now.

I am married to a descendant of Vlad. Lol. Vlad was just used as a name basis for the Dracula novel. He has nothing to do with the existence of true vampires.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join