It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wierd Small Camp Site Under A Huge Rock In The Bush

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I would advise against going back and noseing around in there.

For all you know he could be a fugitive wanted for murder. Most likely has a big survival knife to boot, homeless or not.

1)If he's on the run he may try and hurt you to get away.

2)If he's homeless he could be mentally unstable, paranoid(thinking people are after him ect) and that could lead to an even MORE violent situation.

Either leave him alone, or call the local authorities.

No point in risking your own safety and your girl's pokeing around someone's makeshift shelter.

That fear you felt, when you saw a boot move that made you run is called "instinct" (and nothing to be ashamed of).

Follow it. Don't go back, without authorities (better yet leave him alone, if it's a really isolated area), BUT if it's near an area children frequent, definitely get the police involved.

But going back alone for more pictures of a homeless guy -- not worth getting into a bad situation over.

The rock formation is cool, and odd, you got the pics of that, call it a day, imo.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Its funny how the umbrella has Monsanto printed on it. It reminds me of the umbrella corperation of the resident evil series. Nice opening thread from you OP. Now Im gonna go watch bumfights to further enlighten my mind on the subject.
IDWT

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I would hardly think the camp is big enough for anyone to sleep or lay down. Looks more like some things were stashed there.

Did anyone see any blankets or pillows or anything? Not that all homeless campers have pillows, but I would expect some kind of soft wrappings to lie on or old clothes.

Did the OP say this is near a body of water? Hmmmm......

Could I be so bold as to suggest that I think the OP knows a bit more than he/she is saying? Why would you post pics of a little hideaway camp unless you already feel something is amiss?

[edit on 2-10-2007 by interestedalways]

i looked inside the camp and i saw a boot like a boot for work and like it moved thats wene i ran away

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
Nobody considered the Tripod possibility?

whats that? the thing holding the tent up right? the tent looked clean though it had the blue plastic over it i dont know y its like thay are hiding the camp kit

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sniffer
hey, i should check this out, i live near the hawksbury. monsanto is one twisted company, check out rummsfield and the aspartame/fluride debarcle

nice u live there we need to go together maybe lol

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedEyes
reply to post by SoFunkyMe

3 Pages of replies for a tent under a rock with a crate, an umbrella and a boot. LOL

You said there was a sign saying there was a "submarine cable here", but you didn't get a pic of that?
But you did get 3 pics of a tent and a crate? Ooops, nearly forgot the umbrella. Can we all stop now pls?

i dident think of it @ the time i was just paying attention to like the tent an camp site sorry

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Spent your whole life in a city have ya? Don't let the Snipes get ya! Make sure you have your Burlap sack and a Flashlight with you when you pull the side of the tent open.

This poor person goes out in the middle of nowhere thinking nobody will bother them and some city kid from ATS comes along and turns their hovel into an ATS Conspiracy.

Not everyone is scared of Nature. Some people prefer to leave the artificial world and are not intimidated by Natural things. Some of us actually go out camping and live off nature on purpose for fun.

If these Conspiracies on this site happen we will be the ones who survive. Be nice to us if you want to eat or survive. We know what to do. Do you?

i love nature also i would love to live i nit but the area he was living in if u saw it its kind of disturbing snakes everywere

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben236
reply to post by resistancia

I agree.

I can't even believe that someone would think that this is a conspiracy. I don't reckon that you should go back there either, just leave the poor guy alone. Imagine if you were living out in the bush somewhere and some guy comes up, starts taking photos of your campsite and peers into your tent, then legs it. That's a little scary.

Then again they could be growing pot out there, but I doubt it.

i just have a feeling like there could be more to it u know like he could be a serial killer or a sexual sadist or something there is a park and wene i was der there were hundreads of kids around there he could be doing something there or maybe even doing something underground with this submarine cable or something its wierd

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213

Follow it. Don't go back, without authorities (better yet leave him alone, if it's a really isolated area), BUT if it's near an area children frequent, definitely get the police involved.

yes there is like thousends of kids there a day next to it maybe its something about the kids omg my gfs sisters were al lthere also around the area and thay so small and young

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
Its funny how the umbrella has Monsanto printed on it. It reminds me of the umbrella corperation of the resident evil series. Nice opening thread from you OP. Now Im gonna go watch bumfights to further enlighten my mind on the subject.
IDWT

hehe thx mate yeh its quit intresting i dident know till u told me about it

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
i dont see the conspricy here. no disrespect sofunky but why is this not in skunkworks. if i had posted this FedT would have moved this about two seconds later. so a person is camping under a rock. maybe they are getting ready for 2012, i dont know. i wouldnt stress over it though. nless of corse it is a fugitave and there is a reward for their capture in that case
you better jump on it..

blane this is off topic but i have to say it because so many are misinformed a snipe is a real animal. its a bird bud and there is a hunting season for them, well at least i know south carolina has a season for them. they live in marshes and costal forests
. this is no joke..

[edit on 15amu22007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
i dont see the conspricy here. no disrespect sofunky but why is this not in skunkworks. if i had posted this FedT would have moved this about two seconds later. so a person is camping under a rock. maybe they are getting ready for 2012, i dont know. i wouldnt stress over it though. nless of corse it is a fugitave and there is a reward for their capture in that case
you better jump on it..

ima upload a pic of me poiting @ some kind of sea creture i think jelly fish or something and i am standing on the submarine wire were it starts to go into the water this is directly heading towrds the camp

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
oh sorry i missed that part i have some what been keeping up with this since yesterday but ive been kinda skimming as of late. upload the pics sounds interesting to see where this is going..

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
here is a pic of me guys ontop of the submarine cable underground witch is directly straight with the camp site up ahead about 10 metres in the bush and u can see it goes into the water here is a link

aarrgg wont let me upload i have no more space on ats anyone know a place to host a pic? and u can put it up on here?

[edit on 10/3/2007 by SoFunkyMe]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
SoFunkyMe,

You went to public school right?? YOu never got over it or progressed any further??

Public School=a television education.

In this country you dont walk into someones camp without announcing yourself like this....

"Hello the camp ....can I come in.??"

In the USA if you try that in some camps out west or here in the east without announcing yourself you are considered a tresspasser or someone looking to cause trouble. You can be shot. YOu dont just walk into someones camp or home unannounced. You declare yourself or be ready for the consequences.

Apparently we are so dumb now days and public school no longer teaches such etiquette, simple manners, or basic civilities. It is common sense dude!! You dont walk into someones camp unannounced. This dumbness is just like walking into someones home uninvited or unannounced. And it doesnt matter if they are a bumb or not...you show respect to them by following some basic civilities.

I cant believe no one noticed this lack of etiquette.

Think about this SoFunkyMe the next time you are outdoors and approaching someones camp...or thier home for that matter.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
SoFunkyMe,

You went to public school right?? YOu never got over it or progressed any further??

Public School=a television education.

In this country you dont walk into someones camp without announcing yourself like this....

"Hello the camp ....can I come in.??"

In the USA if you try that in some camps out west or here in the east without announcing yourself you are considered a tresspasser or someone looking to cause trouble. You can be shot. YOu dont just walk into someones camp or home unannounced. You declare yourself or be ready for the consequences.

Apparently we are so dumb now days and public school no longer teaches such etiquette, simple manners, or basic civilities. It is common sense dude!! You dont walk into someones camp unannounced. This dumbness is just like walking into someones home uninvited or unannounced. And it doesnt matter if they are a bumb or not...you show respect to them by following some basic civilities.

I cant believe no one noticed this lack of etiquette.

Think about this SoFunkyMe the next time you are outdoors and approaching someones camp...or thier home for that matter.

Thanks,
Orangetom

hehe u dont need to say hey camp owner wene u aint sposed to camp there its not for camping its under a rock goddamit in like the dirt and all u dont go hey mr living under the rock u open it and check if he is dead because living under a rock i nthat heat over there and the bad weather over there it aint safe

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
hehe, cute place to set up camp... provides limited shelter I suppose.

Nothing terribly exciting though, I should post all the strange places people live here and get pages worth of replies.

Maybe cause we're still classified as third world here in SA, but I see this sort of thing very often here. In fact this guy seems well off for a homeless dude.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
SoFunkyME,

That you havn't been around the block very much is obvioius. You also need to be very very careful how you wake up a person. Anyone having been in the military around war veterans knows this. Some of them come awake fighting if you suddenly wake them. If they are armed they will shoot you.

It doesnt matter under these conditions whether they should be camping there or not..you dont walk up on someones camp unannounced. It can both bad manners for you and fatal for you and your company.

IF they are armed with a knife or gun...your point about whether they should be there or not is worthless...some basic civilities will overcome this lack of knowlege.

Please try thinking the next time..not emoting. Remember ..basic civilities and courtesy go along way with most people.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SoFunkyMe

Why didn't you look inside or something, if it was that weird??

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
1. You said you saw a guys boots, he moved, you ran... then your saying noone was there, as if it had been left for a long time, because of all the spider webs... which is it?

2. If a guy was inside, and he moved, which you stated you saw through a peep hole, then it's obvious someone CAN live there longer than 3 days... and if you had any survival knowledge, you can survive in a place like the one shown, for QUITE some time.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join