It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The big list of US hypocracies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This link here has 911 reasons to hate America. Some of them are actually quite funny, you may enjoy them. I know I do, but I have a similar twisted sense of humour to the paper's editors.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Ok.. It seems like MYATS is telling my Kaliev posted here...but it isnt here.

Was it deleted?

oh well.

Onto my next annoyance, something which just came to me.

Who the hell called the US president the leader of the Western World?

What gives him this power?

Oh yeah, i remember. The Right of Might.

The US president is the most trumped up, overhyped rank known to the world. He is followed by a veritable army of retainers and flunkees.

When he came to APEC, it cost so much that he probably could have bought a house for each and every homeless person in America for the price of his little jaunt.

*ahem*

So why is he the leader, beyond nuclear powers?

His other titles such as "The most powerful man in the world" and "The King of the free land" makes me want to roll up my newspaper and insert it in him

...While on fire.

The hypocracy lies in the fact that he is the Emperor of a chaotic (sorry..."Free") society which has problems with Authority. He never has any kind of real credentials.

In ancient Rome a man needed battle experience to join any kind of politics. If memory serves its usually around 5-10 years compulsary military service.
Men in the senate who are accused of anything wrenched their Togas off their shoulders, showing the scars they have taken. All to the front.

That is a leader, a person who is proud of the achievements of his past, who can show what they have sacrificed for their nation. Well i have to give an applause to George W Bush now, he sacrificed 2 buisnesses to get where he is now.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, it seems.

Another thing, ive been looking at the Australian constitution recently and talking to my best friend about it compared to the American constitution.

What caught my eye was this section here:

www.aph.gov.au...

basically, it is a list of powers we as the people give to our parliament.

Here are the few which catch my eye:

(ii.) Taxation; but so as not to discriminate between States or parts of States:

(vi.) The naval and military defence of the Commonwealth and of the several States, and the control of the forces to execute and maintain the laws of the Commonwealth.

(viii.) Astronomical and meteorological observations:

(ix.) Quarantine

(xviii.) Copyrights, patents of inventions and designs, and trade marks:

(xix.) Naturalisation and aliens:

(xxviii.) The influx of criminals:

I have heard so many people saying "If we didnt have the American constitution then the government would control our lives completly!"

Well...look here, we as a people have given our government total and complete control of our lives. They can change the laws, declare us criminals and make us slaves if they so wish.

And...they dont.

I dont get it, really. Our government has the ability to suddenly hit us with law after law and completly destroy our lives.

but instead, our government seems to spend its time discussing issues back and forth, back and forth for months, making sure it is perfectly right for the people when it comes out.

Its strange, what is it about Americans when they get political authority they abuse it, and other countries governments dont? Is it peer pressure? Are you all just so easily corruptible?

What is it?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaliayev

Habitual misspelling of "you're"

That one is so funny, considering someone just posted a thread in BQ&B that should actually belong in Rant about that item on the list! Hahahaha!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
What gets me is how Americans can say 'our country is the greatest country in the whole god damn world', but get offended when other countries say... actually no, no it isn't....

There is no 'best' country in the world. Best in comparison to what?

Crime rate? Alcohol? Mountains? Horses? Food? Guns per family member?

I mean best what?

India is the best country in the world. No wait... England is the best country in the world.... no, wait... Wales is the best country in the world.... Australia is the best country in the world.... New Zealand... Africa.... Pakistan... Switzerland... germany...

etc etc...

P.s - American 'culture' is beginning to rub off on our kids here in the Uk. They're getting fat on fast food and now acting like gangsters.... it's pathetic.

Oh and in regards to the US flag on the moon, has anybody got any RECENT photo's of it (and I don't mean the footage that was shot in Disneyland in the 60's)... Where is it now eh?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
P.s - American 'culture' is beginning to rub off on our kids here in the Uk. They're getting fat on fast food and now acting like gangsters.... it's pathetic.

Modern American culture is mostly pathetic.

The 60's brought great things like more equality woman's rights the end of segregation etc however I'm of the belief that it began the decline and decadence of American culture.

Jingoism existed before then, though, but a lot of countries are and/or were guilty of that.

Originally posted by mr-lizardOh and in regards to the US flag on the moon, has anybody got any RECENT photo's of it (and I don't mean the footage that was shot in Disneyland in the 60's)... Where is it now eh?

I used to be a moon landing denier but mainly because I used to be a rebel.

Now I've accepted the fact that we've been to the moon, at the very least. Maybe the footage is fake, but we were there at least once, since there are reflectors on the moon that we and other countries use to shoot lasers at to measure distance or something.

So, something of ours WAS there...

[edit on 10/2/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kacen

Yeah but those reflectors could just have been dropped by a robot... I mean has MAN ever walked on the moon...

I used to believe that we had (cos I wasn't a rebel)... but now....

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by Kacen

Yeah but those reflectors could just have been dropped by a robot... I mean has MAN ever walked on the moon...

Perhaps, but to be honest, it isn't that big a difference between sending people and robots, its really only money and safety hazards thats 90% of the problem. =X Insurance and crap. And you cannot deny that a rocket DID blast off that day.

However the problem is people who look at the video of the moon landing (I'll just say "supposed" to respect everyone's beliefs) and say "IT LOOKS FAKE!" Compared to what?! We have no frame of reference to what people walking on another object in space with less gravity than earth would look like.

Fact is I think the US government would have planned ahead to the future. They would assume that some day in the future someone else would go there, and if you ask me, if I had to fake the moon landing, I would not say that we left stuff there. Then it could be disproven eventually.

However we of course claim we left a flag, footprints, a plaque, and the whole friggin` bottom half of the landing module.

See people tend to believe in conspiracy theories based on a bias they hold. They find something thats an alternative belief that is held by lots of people, and it demonizes something they hate, so they'll find themselves believing in it to spite what they hate.

People who dislike the US will believe in the moon landing conspiracy.

People who are anti-semitic/anti-zionist may believe the holocaust was faked and/or that Jews controlled the Soviet Union etc etc.

I can go on but I will lead us off-topic.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

India is the best country in the world. No wait... England is the best country in the world.... no, wait... Wales is the best country in the world.... AUSTRALIA IS THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.... New Zealand... Africa.... Pakistan... Switzerland... germany...

He said it! Not me!

*does happy dance*

heheh, just kidding.

Ive seen it here too, but ive discovered that it isnt anything a quick backhand doesnt solve.

little bastards.

Modern American culture is mostly pathetic.

The 60's brought great things like more equality woman's rights the end of segregation etc however I'm of the belief that it began the decline and decadence of American culture.

But most of those things were problems in America in the first place, werent they?

New Zealand was the first country to give women the vote, and i think that they had a fairly equal society.

If you really want to get into is, the Persian Empire at the time of Cyrus the Great (thats right, modern Iran and Iraq) were gender equal societies while Greece and, later, Rome were both Patriarchal societies.

hehehe i love that little fun fact.

American culture declined in many ways:

1) The psychological damage wrought by deciding to fight the British Empire instead of coming to terms peacefully.

This brought on the American hatred of authority and created the American constitution. Here in Australia we became independant of Britain peacefully and have been firm allies ever since.

2) Religious Fundamentalism

Declaring itself a religious free state, but then declaring itself to be mostly christian is silly in the extreme. Creating displeasure between Religious sects.

It also creates things such as the anti abortion lobbiests, and prohibition (which led to the increase in political corruption)

3) relying on charity rather than enforcing

This is something we all saw recently when the American president tried to make the Emission reductions scheme non mandatory.

Freedom has gone too far in this case, and it is how i originally said it.

Freedom without responsibilty or consequences. He wants to be free to NOT cut down his emissions because it will be expensive. Of course its expensive, but its the right thing to do.

Its like in Al Gores presentation with the world on one side of the scale and gold bars on the other.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Octavius Maximus
But most of those things were problems in America in the first place, werent they?

New Zealand was the first country to give women the vote, and i think that they had a fairly equal society.

I know, and I love them for that.

Originally posted by Octavius MaximusIf you really want to get into is, the Persian Empire at the time of Cyrus the Great (thats right, modern Iran and Iraq) were gender equal societies while Greece and, later, Rome were both Patriarchal societies.

Precisely why I think the spread of the two latter Abrahamic religions (Christianity and Islam) need to be stopped. It'd be better off for the whole world if they never happened.

Originally posted by Octavius MaximusAmerican culture declined in many ways:

1) The psychological damage wrought by deciding to fight the British Empire instead of coming to terms peacefully.

This brought on the American hatred of authority and created the American constitution. Here in Australia we became independant of Britain peacefully and have been firm allies ever since.

Perhaps your right, I never really thought about that. But wait, is it not true that both Australia and Canada are not completely sovereign? Isn't Elizabeth their queen? New Zealand too, actually?

Originally posted by Octavius Maximus2) Religious Fundamentalism

Declaring itself a religious free state, but then declaring itself to be mostly christian is silly in the extreme. Creating displeasure between Religious sects.

It also creates things such as the anti abortion lobbiests, and prohibition (which led to the increase in political corruption)

Completely 100% agree with you. We need to be secular. As long as we're secular, more people will be patriotic...and the Protestant fundies will just have to accept they are dragged down to the level of everyone else rather than being on top. Selfish b*st*rds.

Originally posted by Octavius Maximus3) relying on charity rather than enforcing

This is something we all saw recently when the American president tried to make the Emission reductions scheme non mandatory.

Freedom has gone too far in this case, and it is how i originally said it.

Freedom without responsibilty or consequences. He wants to be free to NOT cut down his emissions because it will be expensive. Of course its expensive, but its the right thing to do.

Its like in Al Gores presentation with the world on one side of the scale and gold bars on the other.

Agreed.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Actually, i believe the yanks went to the moon simply because it is so in character for them.

Consider, They didnt actually want to go to the moon until someone else said that they were going. Then The Americans decided they needed to beat them.

*Both Russia and America are sitting with a stapler in between them*

...*Russia reaches out to grab it*

America: "I NEED THAT!" *Snatch*

People who dislike the US will believe in the moon landing conspiracy.

Actually i dont believe it. The Yanks probably did get to the moon. But because of the way it was actually done as a competition, and not as a true attempt for science, it accomplished nothing.

Basically it gives them bragging rights.

it was premature. We shouldnt have stretched out until problems ar home have resolved.

Consider today. Imagine if...say...the inhabitants of some independant island in the middle of nowhere with double digit population puts a colony on the moon.

Half of the world would be

1) Hey! Congrats!

The other half would be incredibly annoyed that they got one upped by this tiny place.

Now, if America puts a Colony up there, everyone will be majorly pissed if there was bias. Like, say, if all the crewmen were white. Or if they were all christian.

One of Americas enemies would try to do the same, and war would start.

See how the competition between superpowers creates these divisions?

Perhaps your right, I never really thought about that. But wait, is it not true that both Australia and Canada are not completely sovereign? Isn't Elizabeth their queen? New Zealand too, actually?

Im not entirely sure, to be honest. But the queen doesnt actually wield any real political power beyond popular support. We still have a governor-general who is the symbol of the queen in Australia, but his main job is to remove any prime minister who goes too far, like in the Ministership of Whitlam, where he almost destroyed political connections with Britain and bankrupt Australia.

Completely 100% agree with you. We need to be secular. As long as we're secular, more people will be patriotic...and the Protestant fundies will just have to accept they are dragged down to the level of everyone else rather than being on top. Selfish b*st*rds.

The term i think applies here is 'First Among equals' Although America says it is religiously free, everyone knows that the christian vote makes or breaks a campaign at any political level. So only Christian candidates make it through.

I will say though, that George Bush has said one intelligent thing.

"there should be limits to freedom"

Granted, he didnt mean it in the same way i mean it.

Neither is saying it in America politically wise.

But there should be limits to freedom. compare 2 words

Freedom

Chaos

They are both the same thing, every shade of colour, every sound, every volume.

Except.

Chaos is an extreme, when everything blurs together.

The Ancient Greeks believed that the universe started as Khaos. and the world and life began when chaos found limits, when it separated into components such as air, water, fire, etc.

Freedom is restricted chaos.

In America, they are not trying to get freedom, they want freedom without restrictions. Chaos.

People need boundaries, laws and moralities. Being politically free is what people should aim for. But America right now is acting Ethically free and morally free.

No structure.

Chaos.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
What about the Americans who can't/decide not to vote? A majority don't like their government, or the ideas that their government uses. (ex. War ON Iraq)

I don't like living here, but I can't just leave. I'm sixteen years old! I have no money, and even getting a job wouldn't get me too much closer to the possibility.

I'm not saying I disagree with you. I agree that my government is a pack of hypocrites. However, there's nothing I can do, even if I could vote. The only political candidates we're offered are a bunch of oligarchs with no care for the people as soon as they take a seat in their offices.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

What about the Americans who can't/decide not to vote? A majority don't like their government, or the ideas that their government uses. (ex. War ON Iraq)

What stops a person from voting?

I don't like living here, but I can't just leave. I'm sixteen years old! I have no money, and even getting a job wouldn't get me too much closer to the possibility.

Go on a student exchange
best way, i say.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by oppdis

If you dont like it here leave, i cant im sixteen doesnt really work as an excuse. Cut those apron strings get out and see the world more than likely inside of six months you will realize you didnt have it so bad.

And as far as the crazy ranting on our CONSTITUTION goes, without it this nation would be no where near as great as it is. You said it best you do not have any of the rights we have, your government can take them away whenever and however they want. Take away the right to bear arms and we go from being a governed people to a ruled people just like you.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Jovi1]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
um, you didnt read what i said did you?

If you dont like it here leave, i cant im sixteen doesnt really work as an excuse. Cut those apron strings get out and see the world more than likely inside of six months you will realize you didnt have it so bad.

I went to America once. I now advise anyone thinking of it to not bother. I have never been on a worse vacation.

Luckily we then changed our plans and went to Canada. Greatest fun ive had in a long time.

And as far as the crazy ranting on our CONSTITUTION goes, without it this nation would be no where near as great as it is. You said it best you do not have any of the rights we have, your government can take them away whenever and however they want. Take away the right to bear arms and we go from being a governed people to a ruled people just like you.

I said that i am not given any of those rights given by your constitution.

doesnt mean i dont get the rights i am entitled to.

we still have the right to free speech. We seem to use it more than yanks do as well!

We have 2 TV shows. The first is the Chaser, who makes fun of Australian government and pulls pranks around Sydney. You may remember them as the group who infiltrated APEC (or OPEC, according to Bush) meeting.

The second is less known, its called Mediawatch. basically it tells us all the problems of the media, shows us stories which were reported incorrectly, etc.

Our government can legally slash and burn these programs, but they dont because they respect our right to free speech. The right we are given simply by existing.

Why do you need the constitution to give you rights you should be given by default?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Wow another Us hate thread. How original. *yawn*

Your in Austrailia. A nice and fun place from what I have heard. What is it to you? You need to put your energy into something productive.
Don't you have to go shoot some bunnies or something?

Americans here love Austrailia. And I have never heard a bad thing about Austrailia. And all the austrailians I have ever met are such a fun lot.

So do me a favor and don't be an exception to the rule, okay?

Here is one for you my friend.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Wow another Us hate thread. How original. *yawn*

perhaps someone should take the hint?

Your in Austrailia. A nice and fun place from what I have heard. What is it to you? You need to put your energy into something productive.
Don't you have to go shoot some bunnies or something?

Course not, thats only a problem in the bush. Out in the cities Rabbits are just cute pets

Americans here love Austrailia. And I have never heard a bad thing about Austrailia. And all the austrailians I have ever met are such a fun lot.

Please...Australia*

oh im not, i dont mind people. But just because im fun, does that mean im not allowed to rant about what pisses me off?

Just one? you dont know much about Aussies then

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

oh im not, i dont mind people. But just because im fun, does that mean im not allowed to rant about what pisses me off?

You still haven't answered my question. What is it to you?
If this is our problem, then it is OUR problem. Your on the other side of the globe. Why are you so angry?

Just one? you dont know much about Aussies then

What are you saying that your a bunch of alcoholics? Should I start a thread that all Australians are a bunch of alcoholics since you seem to like to generalize an entire nation of people?
Is it my concern? No.

And use an apostrophe....please*

And before you start bashing the Constitution, at least the peoples of the US had the tenacity to create and adhere to the Constitution, and creating our own government(even though it is less then stellar right now) instead of abiding by the same monarchy(even if only somewhat) that originally abandoned you as a penal colony.

And considering that as we speak, you keep the aboriginals oppressed, sick, uneducated, and unemployed, and many other human right violations, I would watch where you point that finger and wouldn't be so quick to rant and rush to judgment.

Like I asked: Don't you have more important things to worry about?

[edit on 6-10-2007 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

You still haven't answered my question. What is it to you?
If this is our problem, then it is OUR problem. Your on the other side of the globe. Why are you so angry?

Because what happens to you directly affects us.

And i dont like seeing people be mistreated, or mistreat themselves.

Butterflies and Hurricanes.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It is that way because right now while you enjoy those rights, your government can at anytime it chooses to do so can take them away from you at anytime it is conveinent to do so. That is the difference in having or not having it in our Constitution, it is not something that can easily be removed or taken away from us. Even though alot of us here do have issues with the ways our government is trying to circumvent those rights. sorry you had a difficult time on your vacation, but really it is your loss.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

It is that way because right now while you enjoy those rights, your government can at anytime it chooses to do so can take them away from you at anytime it is conveinent to do so. That is the difference in having or not having it in our Constitution, it is not something that can easily be removed or taken away from us. Even though alot of us here do have issues with the ways our government is trying to circumvent those rights. sorry you had a difficult time on your vacation, but really it is your loss.

I dunno, i dont think our government would ever do that to any huge extent.

It is made up of perfectionists and light handers. They discuss laws for days and days and days and try not to make too much of a difference even though they have the power to turn this country on its head in 20 minutes.

Nah, dont apologise about the vacation. It meant i got to go to Canada and had one of the greatest times of my life.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join