It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The big list of US hypocracies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
What made your vacation to the US such a waste? I have been all over this country, and there are some really beautiful places to see, grand canyon, rockie moutains, sierra nevada mountains, sierra nevada beer. You are entitled to your opinions, but I personally believe some of them are off point, but your thinking and mine arent the same. You have your way of life, we have our way of life. Our constitution is ours, think of it what you will, but the simple fact of the matter is there are millions of americans that respect it, and would give their lives protecting the free life it is supposed to guarantee. Our constitution however is being slowly stripped away every day, people are waking up to it, I just hope it is before it is too late. You cant generalize an entire nation, especially one as big as the US. Let me rephrase that, you can genralize, you can think do and say whatever you want. But why would you want to? There are bad people all over this big old world, some here, some where you are. But the majority of people are just people, doing what they can to try and get by in this chaotic merry go round that is life. Be angry if you want, point out all the faults you see here and everywhere else in the world. If you want to waste your energy on that then feel free, but we will still be here, and we will never abandon our constitution. There are millions of legal private owners of firearms in this country that would never allow that to happen. You should really find another outlet for your energy instead of directing it at this generalazation of the US is full of a bunch of stupid hypocrites that you seem to have developed.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
And considering that as we speak, you keep the aboriginals oppressed, sick, uneducated, and unemployed, and many other human right violations, I would watch where you point that finger and wouldn't be so quick to rant and rush to judgment.

To be fair, my friend J.Topple who is a member here and I asked him to join, we like to talk on the mic on MSN, hes from Australia, he tells me that the aboriginals are an utter menace, culturally inept and cause problems.

They are a menace, he says, along with the Lebanese kids...

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering

reply to post by Octavius Maximus

Where is the Australian flag in relation to the US flag on the moon?

No answer? Ok, how is Australia's space program in general?

No answer? Ok, I repeat my question--->how is Australia's space program in general?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

What made your vacation to the US such a waste? I have been all over this country, and there are some really beautiful places to see, grand canyon, rockie moutains, sierra nevada mountains, sierra nevada beer.

Of course, they may be. But i started at the cities and the conditions were just appalling, i changed my Itinery just to get away after about a week.

You are entitled to your opinions, but I personally believe some of them are off point, but your thinking and mine arent the same. You have your way of life, we have our way of life.

Of course, but you are pressing your way of life onto the world through media and warfare.

Our constitution is ours, think of it what you will, but the simple fact of the matter is there are millions of americans that respect it, and would give their lives protecting the free life it is supposed to guarantee.

Just like that 14 yr old who yesterday shot 2 students, 2 adults and then himself?

Where did he get the gun from?

Our constitution however is being slowly stripped away every day, people are waking up to it, I just hope it is before it is too late.

But sometimes you have to admit that sometimes too much freedom is a bad thing. It creates chaos, disorder and anarchy. Just as not enough freedom.

You cant generalize an entire nation, especially one as big as the US. Let me rephrase that, you can genralize, you can think do and say whatever you want. But why would you want to?

Because im sick of having the US lord over the world as 'the greatest nation on earth' while being inadequate in many ways and downright nasty in others.

There are bad people all over this big old world, some here, some where you are. But the majority of people are just people, doing what they can to try and get by in this chaotic merry go round that is life.

It depends what you mean by getting on with life, because everyone expects something different. But Extelligence (culture) impacts on a humans psyche to influence what they believe they should get out life and from what i have seen the American Psyche produces a negative effect on what people want from life, and how they get it.

Warfare and conflict seems to be the norm.

Be angry if you want, point out all the faults you see here and everywhere else in the world. If you want to waste your energy on that then feel free, but we will still be here, and we will never abandon our constitution.There are millions of legal private owners of firearms in this country that would never allow that to happen.

Even if it can be proved to have a detrimental effect on your psyche? Even if it can be proved that the American constitution causes many more problems for its people that it solves?

You should really find another outlet for your energy instead of directing it at this generalazation of the US is full of a bunch of stupid hypocrites that you seem to have developed.

I have been writing essays on the effect culture has upon ancient societies. How the Roman appropriation of the Greek idea of Anthropomorphic Personifications as gods impacted upon their society and other such things. It has led me to think about the same things in the Modern day.

What i have studied shows that the American psychology makes hypocrisy less obvious, or more easily ignored.

Nice to hear from you again, though

@Kacen

To be fair, my friend J.Topple who is a member here and I asked him to join, we like to talk on the mic on MSN, hes from Australia, he tells me that the aboriginals are an utter menace, culturally inept and cause problems.

They are a menace, he says, along with the Lebanese kids...

Aboriginal people believe in a different culture from ours, and because of this they ask for things we cannot give.

When White Australians colonised this land, we began to find ways to deal with the Aboriginal 'menace', We stole their children away from them and took them to camps to be taught Australian values and beliefs, not Aboriginal ones.

This is inexcusable, and is something we as a people grieve, along with the Aboriginal people.

The fact is though, that we cannot say sorry to them.

If we say sorry, we declare guilt, and that means Aboriginal people could sue the Australian government, the whole continent, into oblivion.

Also, it isnt our place to say sorry, this was done before any of us were born.

Our culture says we dont (and cant) have to say sorry. Their culture says that as the children of the Kidnappers, we do.

Lebanese kids have a gang mentality, put them in a group of like minded individuals and they will intergrate themselves quite easily, and will become 'part of the gang' for whatever intentions or purposes.

This isnt all, of course, but its a cultural creation which creates their identity.

Lebanese people are wonderful and polite generally, but seeing the worst of them can really mar your feelings, just like they may feel when they see the worst of us.

*** CONSTANTLY WONDERING, BECAUSE YOU NEED GLASSES IT SEEMS I WILL WRITE THIS IN FULL CAPS AND WITH NOTHING FOR YOU TO MISTAKE THIS RESPONSE WITH.

[QUOTE]
"Where is the Australian flag in relation to the US flag on the moon?"

In Australia, minding its own buisness, as it should be.
[/QUOTE]

THAT WAS FROM PAGE 1.

IF YOU WANT AN ANSWER TO YOUR SECOND QUESTION. WE DONT REALLY HAVE ONE. WE ARENT GOING TO SPREAD LIKE A VIRUS INTO SPACE UNTIL THE PROBLEMS HERE ARE SOLVED.

ALTHOUGH, THE ORIGINAL MOON LANDING WAS ACTUALLY MONITERED FROM ONE OF OUR RADIO TELESCOPES.

WATCH THE MOVIE 'THE DISH'.
'
ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? WILL YOU PLEASE LEARN TO READ WITHOUT AN INVITATION?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Hostility shows your poor judgement and shallow thought. I think I should leave your post alone for now to give you time to reflect on why my innocent questions offend you.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Hostility shows your poor judgement and shallow thought.

No, it shows how pissed i am that i have to repeat what i say just so you listen to me.

[QUOTE]I think I should leave your post alone for now to give you time to reflect on why my innocent questions offend you.

Dont worry, i wont give you a second thought. the first one was bad enough.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I go to work, I come home to my family. I'm active in my community and vote following my best judgement.

I'm sorry these actions are so arrogant to you.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Hostility shows your poor judgement and shallow thought. I think I should leave your post alone for now to give you time to reflect on why my innocent questions offend you.

No your actually just acting like an arrogant jingoist American and fueling him. =/

Thank you for making us look bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join