It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS Graveyard shift

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Hi!
More often I'm here at night than other times.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Just dropping in to say Hi, I have been cut off from the computer at work on overnights, fascists!! But Anyway, I also cook over night and the saying is if you play with fire you will get burned, and we also play with knives, I have the scars to prove it

Rock on ol creatures of the night

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Oh well why not post.

It is 4:29am here. Been on most of the day yesterday as well as most of the night.

Guess I might be going to bed soon for at least 4 or 6 hours of sleep. Don't know when.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
How can you live off of 4-6 hours of sleep. I hate working nights, I end of sleeping ALL of my day away, it sucks hardcore! I can hardly function off of 8 hours... I'm pathetic....

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
well its 6 45 am and I'm still here.

Honest I think I will go to bed soon. Just don't know when. LOL

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Not till the sun is up!

Use the tranquility of the moon to improve yourself.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
..Or you can drink a cup of coffee and smoke a cigarette. But moon works too...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tetsujin420

Well I guess since its after 1 am, I can post on this thread. LOL

I hate coffee though I love the smell of it. I hate smoking. Personally, I would think those things would keep you awake not put you to sleep. I can sleep at night when I want too. Or day when I want. It's cool. Just whenever I feel tired.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
... oops I thought thats what you wanted lol my bad! Well if you want to go to sleep might I recomend a pillow, a warm quilt, and no lights?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Yelp, those items are very helpful when one goes to sleep.

However, I'm not quite ready for my sleep right now. I am sooo hyper it's unbelievable. I think I will be up till the sun comes up. Then I will get some sleep. LOL.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Right on sister! That how I roll/ have to roll! Well happy posting to you, and may you have a wonderful night!

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Yeah the sun was always my marker to say oh its very late I need some sleep! I pull the curtains and tape up the tin foil to my windows! (dont really have tin foil on my windows LOL)

And then close my eyes and wake up 2 hours later for a fullday just to do it agin! Then by about day 4 or 5 I am primed for a really good nights sleep.. Wear myself down till the weekend, and then sleep like a bear!

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Tada! I'm back from a camping trip. Back for the next two weeks or so. I'm ready to resume the night shift for this side of the globe.

So, what's been going on whilst I was away?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Abracadabra!! Nice to have you back Beachcoma! How was the camping trip?
We picked up a couple new late nighters while you where away

But other than that, not to much.. Trying to find out a new way to count sheep, before the sun comes up..hehe

Ive had a nice little couple days off from work so I am back to being fully charged, and ready for this up comming week!
And I didnt hurt myself all week long !!! woo hoo!

Like I said before when you work around knifes and fire all day long, its only a matter of time before you take your eyes off what you are doing for 1 sec..! Its like having a child...

Speaking of that.. A 4 year old boy was out playing ball with his brother who was like 6 years old.. They where throwing baseballs into one of those nets that fire them back at you..
Well the 4 year old somehow walked in front of the ball net, hit him in the chest and killed the young boy..
That story was so sad.. It was a stroke of bad luck.. The parents didnt know that by sending their boy out to play ball would be the last time they would ever see him..
How sad...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Camping trip was great. We went into the deep end of the jungle, on high ground near the central mountain ranges. Cold, cold nights. Nice balmy weather during the day. We ate mostly smoked porcupine meat but we managed to snare a mousedeer on the 10th day. That was a treat -- tender. They're very smart and cunning. There was a day when all we could catch was catfish, I couldn't really stomach it on account of the algae taste, despite the fact that the chef tried to cover the taste with lime, so I ate wild fruits that day. Good enough because the previous day we stumbled into a natural orchard packed with fruits.

On the 7th day we saw [things] in the jungle. We didn't speak of it while we were there. Local lore says that you shouldn't. We adhered the the lore as strictly as possible, because it's when you veer away from it is when you get hopelessly lost in the thick jungle. Every year about two dozen people disappear without a trace in the jungles. It's mostly due to not following lore. Can't explain it, but it's the way it is in the Southeast Asian jungle.

Anyway, since I'm no longer in the jungle, I can speak of it. I believe what we saw was an orang bunian. In local folklore, that's analogous to the Western Wood Elves. It was definitely humanoid, about 4 1/2 to 5 feet tall, slender, fair skin, long hair. Probably female. At least I'd prefer to think it was an orang bunian. Better them elves than a pontianak -- a vampire. Whatever it was, it scared us big time. The next day we moved camp to somewhere closer to the local orang asli indigenous tribes. Local legend says that if the elves abduct you, you ain't seeing civilization for at least ten years, if not ever.

I was kind of hoping to see Bigfoot, but then again, it was the wrong jungle. Bigfoot was apparently further south. Then again Bigfoot could be a hoax because it isn't part of the regular cast of jungle characters in local lore.

On the 13th day we got another scare at night, when we were awakened by deep, grunting noises. Turns out it was a pack of wild boars passing through. Still a bit scary, since those things will gore you to death if they feel threatened enough. Several nights we could hear tigers roaring in the distance. Good to know there are still tigers aplenty. Or at least it was those two.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. We found a marijuana tree. Yeah, a tree. Not a bush, not a shrub. A tree. Two storeys tall at least, with a thick central trunk. We didn't partake in it's pleasures, though, since getting stoned in the jungle is big no-no. You might accidentally walk through a 'portal'. Portals are spots in the jungle where you see two almost identical trees standing next to each other, forming a kind of mystical gate. Most people who get lost usually wander into a portal accidentally. If you're ever in a jungle, never, ever walk through those sort of formations. Walk around it. Even the animals do.

Lots of dos and don'ts when entering the jungle. Good for us we had a member in our party who grew up in the rural area, so going into the jungle we had someone who was aware of most if not all the rites.

Anyway, back to civilization. You injured yourself at work? Hope it's not too serious. And that story about the kid who got killed by a baseball... damn.. I thought that was only in movies (Lucky Number Slevin).

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Woah! Man that was a great camping trip!! Makes me wish I was there with you all!!
I have not had a great outing in some time now!! I am due for a weekend of camping.. I get to build my campfire and pretend Im camping LOL

I just thought I would let you know I dig that story!!
And is so good to hear that we are on the same level on our camping ideas!
Dude! That tree sounds nice!!!

six

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Question...Does it count if you are up all day and night...or does sleep have to be involved?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by six

Sure that counts
Many of us here on the graveyard shift work on like 3-5 hours of sleep.. Sometimes no sleep!! hehe So welcome Six!

Tell us.. What keeps you up so much?

six

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I work 24 hour shifts. When they call, I gotta go..Thank you for the welcome

[edit on 7-11-2007 by six]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by six

Anytime man!! YOu are most welcome around here!
I am guessing you are a fireman?

What state do you protect?

And I must say I thank you for you're service to all of mankind..
It takes a real man to do that kind of work..
And takes a very kind and compassionate soul to put ones life in danger to save another...
I could see how you dont get much sleep..
For that is alot for one man to carry on his shoulders..

But as you being on ATS.. You will find we all carry a bit more than the average person.. Having knowledge is a gift.. Yet is a curse at the same time.. Knowing to much is like a double bladed sword.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join