It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS Graveyard shift

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Zysin you know I feel the same way about you...
Don't work too hard..
Friends and family are here to chat always....

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Hmmmmm.... a free meal !!!!!! You're gettin' me hungry bro , we haven't chatted in a while... hope you're online tommorow !!!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Zysin...Just me dropping by to say Hi!
Hope you are well, and not working too hard.
Kitchen work can suck .....
Chat later buddy!

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Well I get a couple days to relax as there was a mishap at work this morning..
I get everything set this morning. My homemade soups a brewing, and my equipment turned on.
I needed some shrimp cooked off so I put a big ole crock pot on click it on high and bring it to a boil..
Shrimp only takes maybe 5 mins to fully cook on a high broil.. And better to under cook them a little as heating them up will fully cook them, and then you dont end up with overcooked shrimp for our customers..

ITs also important that you drain all the water and put ice over the shrimp.
On my way to dump the hot boiling water into the sink a waitress not watching where she was going gets in my way to the sink..

If you carry hot water you make 1 direct motion to where you are heading dont stop.. It came down to the waitress getting a body full of boiling water or me..
SO quickly I decided to go ahead and take the brunt of this assult here..
# happens.. She didnt see me and I know she feels bad..
But I now have 2nd degree burns all over my stomach and leg area..

Thank fully I was wearing Jeans and had thick shorts underneath.. So I didnt burn my self. umm down there

But I did burn my stomach with 2nd degree burns..
I thought I would be okay.. I kept on working..
I ended up passing out and my body went into crazy shakes..
I guess my body went into shock.. And I had to go to the hospital..

The waitress felt really bad.. And I told her next time when in a kitchen keep you're eyes peel'ed!! Im comming threw there with HOT stuff all the time.. And next time its going on her not me..

As a chef I have to make the choice in a quick moment like that to take the pain.. Pain is part of this job.. And now I am out a fulldays worth of work..
I have off tommorow to regain my strenght..

Ive never been burned on the stomach before.. IT will really take it right out of you.. Ive never been in this much pain in a long long time..

It totally made my body go into shock.. I had no control over that.. And I think thats what really got to me, is that it went out of my control..

Being who I am in there, I must be in control at all times... But # happens.. And sometimes we get hurt doing our jobs..

But I will heal.. My doctor chick is very nice woman and gave me some no stick goss, and some ointment.. I will be okay for those of you who may worry..

I just like being very careful.. But not matter how careful you are, if you work in a kitchen. Sooner or later you will be hurt pretty good..
Its like astroids to this planet.. NOt if, just when..

So I got my bad injury out of the way early on in the game...
Glad thats over..

[edit on 16-10-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Jesus, mary and joseph TY...My god... What do I say...
You got hurt protecting someone else. Oh honey that is so like you, always looking out for others.
Get better soon.I know burns are so painful.Here Ty..Just for you.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Oh Lord ... I hope ya get healed asap...... I've never been through that type of burn to the chest but that has got to hurt
. You're right about the (bleep) happens 'cause I had boilin' water fall on my right hand once and I was hurtin' for days, thank the lord it wasn't my left hand 'cause I wouldn't be able to draw for a while which would make life much worse .

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Geez dude. Thats crazy. Hope everything heals up quick and all. 2nd degree burns on or around the junk area are never good. Thats pretty chivalrous for 2007 to take a pot of boiling water over dousing some poor woman.

Get well bro.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Text Pinkreply to post by zysin5

Hmm....I should probably start reading this thread and posting
I'm awake really late If im not told I have to go to sleep
And when I am I usually can't sleep and just listen to music. lol.

Usually I'm on here even around 3-4am. And in the summer even later. When I go to sleep I usually sleep around 4-5 hours and since im homeschooled it doesnt really matter that I'm awake late.

--Minnie

[edit on 19-10-2007 by minnie]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Nice to hear from you all

Im back to work as of today, and feeling much better!
Still a little tender, but nothing I cant handle!

And I made it threw the day with no injuries!! woot!

But then agin I am always as careful as possible when working in the kitchen.. Theres danger every 5 secs in that job..

And changing my time around is quite werid.. IM up at 8 in the morning and done working by 4 or 5.

But hey chefs here in florida got a pay raise in the scale, and not to talk about how much I make or anything, its well worth my time

So all is well this side of florida..

Yet just about 15 mins ago my whole house started to rumble..
my windows shaking.. Im like WFT?

I go outside and see 3 mig like jet fighters screaming over my house..
They where but maybe 3000 feet in the air.. So freakin low..

I wonder what is going on here today.. thats not a normal thing for this time of day..
Mornings I get many black choppers going over..
As I live close enough to Mac Dill Air force base..

These guys where trucking!! And saying very low...
Werid.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Glad you are better buddy.About the Migs...Wow I don't know.
Training mission? I see lots of that here, NORAD base, plus airport.
Don't worry... yet.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Good evening Vampires of BTS Or you early birds on the other side of earth!
Its a late night for me here, and I have to open shop up in about 5 hours
Im hoping that this post will put me to sleep due to the extreamly boring content of my post here..
Lets see counting sheep isnt working.. Sertinly dont feel like drinking tonight

But some late night reading always does the trick

What are some of your tips to help you get to sleep without sleep aids?

Most the time I am so tired I am asleep by 11 or so.. But its a full moon out tonight and it just wires me out to no end.. werid huh?

Anyone else get affected by fullmoons?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ps-Thanks for thinking of me everyone!! Your mental energy really helped the healing process

Its almost healed up now.. About another week and I will be good as new!

Advice for burns.. I got this stuff called Silver Sulfa. Works like a charm!
Takes the sting out right away!
Kept it covered up and didnt get infected! And I have some vit. E tabs that I break open and put on the burn.. I heard Vit. E is great for healing scars and the likes

[edit on 27-10-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Hey Ty, glad you are feeling better.Unfortunately this Vamp chic did drink last night...Damn November 5 puzzle is getting on my last nerve.

As for ways to fall asleep...well what normally keeps people awake is what puts me to sleep...I kinda start daydreaming about various things, places I want to go, or things I want to do, people I want to meet...well you get the idea.I usually just drift off and the thoughts carry over into my dreams.
Fun stuff...!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Graveyard shifter here...man, what a Halloween. After 3 Boris Karloff films, I'm creeped out. I did some ghost hunting yesterday too. I gotta chill. My camera's sensor is getting some workout, and I didn't get any digital record of anything!

I hope there are more graveyard shifters out there, you can call me the graveyard sifter! Lol.

Zysin, whats on your mind man? left comment.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by StreetCorner Philosopher

Hi SCP
I was playing around with some fire elementals last night. I took some pictures for everyone

I love halloween time, and the energy that is floating about the air this time of year.

See what you can see in these pictures. I have not manipulated the pictures other than making them fit on this page
enjoy!

This little guy poking is jumping out to say hi to you

I really liked this one

Everyone send your praise to AccessDenied She won first place on the Scary Short Story Contest!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Hey zysin5! Love the fire pics, and the
. There will be more stories where that came from.Probably a humourous NY story.

Seeing your pictures reminds me of the fireplace we used to have.I used to love to sit for a very long time in front of it and just watch the flames dance.Uh Oh! I just got a story Idea...must go write it down...
Later!
AD

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
How did I miss this thread?! Hey sorry to hear about your burns man, that sucks, hope your doing better! I really can not beleive I have not yet tainted this thread with my babbling, considering I work midnight to 8 AM. Nice to see there are more late nighters here. Well hello and I'll talk to yall later.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Yep, i definatly fall into the graveyard shift area...

I am the protector of the night...
So you can sleep without fright...

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Zysin! we have the same fire pit! Bought mine at Home Depot for 150$. I just got back from a smores and beer night and then I read your post! Cool man, I had a very good night of meditation, that fire is soothing and I basically finished an Idea I was working on for a screenplay. I believe the fire helped the bio field a bit and settled it or perhaps dd the opposite and focused it.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by StreetCorner Philosopher

Yeah I got mine at home depot aswell Its such a beautiful night tonight, nice and cool!
I will have the chance to be on the night shift here tonight!
I created a thread about some of those pictures I did..
Zysin's Thread about Elementals where I talk about the things we see within the elements that surround us..
Much like clouds in the sky, our minds see something, and its a personal thing.

Being up late at night makes me think alot!!

Its good to know we have those out there that defend within the night!
Our minds never sleep as a collective!

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I tried with emotions.

I sat by the fire with a portable DVD player and decided to watch a comedy. I don't laugh much at today's comedies. I haven't laughed since Wedding Crashers. But I decided to watch some Family Guy. It's a trashy show, but very human and very much a mirror of american life and so I began to laugh and noticed the fire getting chaotic whenever I laughed.

The emotions have to be genuine, and if you can find a way to scare a person and allow others to collectively feel the same emotions at the same time, the fire can be manipulated with the mind that way. I tried it and noticed some results, but my friends aren't the type to conduct experiments like this.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join