It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS Graveyard shift

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It's 1:30am over here in Japan and I am usually up this late also ... just sucks that my night time is more than likely day time for you folks.

Guess I'll look for yall when you're daywalking then eh ?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Some thread host I am.. Make a post.. Get people to come in and then I leave
Sorry there.. I got into a heated argument in here and ended up with a warning under my belt here... Hey happens to the best of us, IM not going to sweat it..

Thus I just stopped by agin to say sorry to those who stopped by to chatt without your nightly host.. Next time I say I will be around I will..
I just had to take the night off from chatting.. To much built up anger..

And these days anger seems to be at the forefront.. So much wrong with the world, and so little good to see in things anymore.. But I still try!

Thus our topic of tonight will be...
DO you need to go to church and belive in God to be a good person?

I say absolutely not! My family doesnt go to church, nor do we buy into the false feelings and way of life that is the church..

However we do follow what the church seems to preach.. We help out our fellow members of my area.. If one family is low on food we buy them food. Give our old clothes to those who have less.. Any family on my small street if they have less than the next house, everyone chips in to help that family out.. I see that as just being deceint people.. NOthing to do with church or GOD.. WE do it becasue its the right thing to do..

Not becasue its going to give us some place in the clouds.. People who help out others just to help themselfs in the afterlife is nonesense to me, and it seems almost greedy.. And fake in my eyes..

If you are going to help, why not do it becasue its the right thing to do.. Not just becasue you have to casue your a member of a church..

Whats laughable is the church going folks who go door to do passing out free paper, will spend all that money on free bibles, and worthless pamflets and do nothing about those they are trying to "save".

They walk around giving out free paper, but when it comes down to the real needs, sorry they just cant help unless you come to their church and pay them money!!! WTF!! makes no sense, and those people are not welcome on my property! Ive told them before they are snakes, and not welcome to my home!! If you want to walk around and spread the word of God.. Then why not give out some clothes, and really help someone..
No heres a bible, but you may be hungry.. Jesus will fill your belly with the info of GOd.. Whatever... pssshhhhh...

[edit on 3-2-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'll be on tonight.
I am caffeinated right up! Soon as my two year old goes to bed, I'll be hitting the beer.:w:
How is everyone this evening?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by missa_wiccan_chick

Thanks Missa chick
IM doing well tonight thanks for asking! I have not seen you around here before until last night.. How long have you been with us here? You seem like someone I can relate with in how I see life in general.
Also do you have any feelings on the topic I posted above?
As IM taking a wild guess that you are wiccan?

Many members of my family are into Wicca, I personally find that I have my own take on how things work.. But maybe another time we can chatt. I consider myself as a druid, but not in the typical sense of what most people think of "druids".

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Good Evening!
Get your glasses ready, cause here we go.
I am relatively new to ATS, and BTS, but i found my way around quickly. I am a down to earth kinda of chick, that enjoys life and all it's benefits.
I am Wiccan, and have been for almost 12yrs. I am 24, almost 25, and I have two daughters.
I am engaged.
As to your previous post, i went to church because i was taught it was the right thing to do. I think being a good person comes from inside a person.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
HEEEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???

*Hears an echo*
Annyone here????
It's 1:36am......In New York....
How is everyone/anyone???????????

Anyone?:shk:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Noooooo...one likes me......
:shk:
It's okay, I am off to bed soon as i finish this beer.

I'll be heretomorrow night too.
Prolly alot of nights to come.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by missa_wiccan_chick

Cheers to you!! I am just drinking some cola here, and a little morgan

My personal favorit!! Dont worry we luv ya!!

Werid day in here.. ATS is fast alseep now.. Lets hope for a better day tommorow.. When the fog clears..

Night! Get some sleep!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Should we have a daytime shift too???
Seems more people are online during the day.
I'm bored.........this stay at home mom crap sucks!!!!
Cheers! *holds up coffee* To who ever is on!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
If anyone is up for any late night reading.. I am in the process of working on one of my deepest threads to date!!!

Its one of those threads where you have to be in the mood to get down to the questions that drives us all as humans..

You know. All those things that make you go Hmmmmmmm...

Give it a read if you have the time, And looking for something that is a bit outside the box

Tyson's thread that gets very deep, and asks the question of all questions... WHY??

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Hello...

I'm completely outside the box I am..
actually lost my box i did..

And what makes me laugh is a thread entitled 'the night shift'..

for whom?

nightime is a 24 hour event

daytime for me right now..

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Thanks man! Yeah I call this night shift becasue where I live its night time for us here in the states.. I am mostly up late into the night.. Even tho I might have to work mornings, I just cant seem to get myself to sleep anytime early..
So Im forever to be up late nights.. I dont take anything to help me sleep as I feel strongly aginst meds..
And after all I have learned, I refuse to become another mindless zombie..

Id rather be awake most my life than sleep it away.. Or be so out of it on sleep drugs that I dont know what day it is...

Sadly enough, thats my younger sister.. She is a mindless zombie who walks this earth without a clue.. I will not end up like her.. And like so many others right now tucked away sleeping on their meds..
I dont want that kind of life..

Besides.. I will get plenty of rest when Im dead!!! ya know!! hehe

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I know the feeling..

I'm not exactly young in years..or too old either, and although things appear to be settled for me, they're not..

times will be changing in about 4 months or so... until then I'm thoroughly enjoying my time off..

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I agree. Rest will come when I am dead.
There is too stuff to do to sleep your life away.

Sometimes you need to rest though. It's good for the body and soul. Just like relaxing.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yup, there's always something else you could be doing.

I've just finished another thread.. was cool finding out all abou the topic too... learnt something I did...

hope everyone's ok today..

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Thanks man! Doing well today.. have the day off, which IM so glad.. I normally hate fridays.. So much stock comes in and Im the one who normally puts stuff away..
I had asked my crew to take care of the orders.. I would do the ordering they could put it away..
But these guys just dont seem to understand space placment..

So Im taking the day off, to do some much needed relaxing...
And maybe get in some gaming time!
World of Warcraft will be on my agenda today!!!

Have a good one there

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Hey Zy! Miss you buddy! A friday night and you are staying in? No party? No clubbing? I guess you just need to relax huh?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
TGIF...

I have never even seen this thread before. I like late nite discourses as most of the time niteowls are a bit medicated, loose, free and funny. As my weekend gig usually lets me out about 2am, sometimes I need to wind down and this looks like a nice place to do it.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

yeah nothing to fancy here tonight.. Just going to get with some friends and play some world of warcraft!!
Keeps me from spending my money at the bar, and going out and getting in trouble!!
===============================================

Hey Whaaa!

Yeah man, you are welcome in here anytime to wind down!!! I welcome you to the night shift..! Even tho It might not be night time here..
But its sertinly night time somewhere in the world!

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
HeyWhaaa! Good to see you here. Welcome to the graveyard shift.
How is everyone today????
I think i break the rules often, cause right now it is 9:11am. But i am also a niteowl, and I have no life.
Plus, somewhere in the world it is night time.
So how 'bout those Giants?
LOL! I hate football. It was an interesting game though.:bnghd:

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join