It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 106
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Happy Haloween! O' I logged back on to ask... well first, thank you. OK What program was the graphic created in? Is there a way to snarf that out of the text? Is there a png cruncher? Can we filter out what ever effect is clouding it. Guess the genius mind - bites, they're unique. Who knows you know? Does it look 3D to you? I was doing some chemistry and with what jack said about layers and what I said about dynamic and I got atomic model all of a sudden. What can we do to rip off the top and have a look?

Tell me what to do to make solving this happen. What are the permutations of png that we can attack? If it was 3D or even 2D that was made with tools. Tools are software, software have manufacturers, software can be purchased, software has effects. Duplicate and or reverse engineer the process used to create it. 3D Max, Adobe CS3 Pro, Maya$$$$$$$ no, Alias$$$$? I don't do graphics but others do y'know? This is when you need a shout out capability.

Hey, what if... gameserver? Avatar ads, I want Swatch. LOL.

Lemme Know O'

Mira

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
...I don't get how the colors correspond to topics and spheres

But the spheres are all the NEW DIGITAL REVOLUTION

Could there be 2 levels of spheres?

layered upon each other?

Hi Jack...I'm writing in answer to your post but much of what I say is just thought-sharing -- for everyone.

Ditto to your thoughts about the colours... I did some thinking out loud about this spheres image yesterday. Led into thoughts about why it seemed needful of SO to construct an image at all. I mean, what was his point? So I wrote a huge yadda yadda in a couple of posts about images and why they are used for communication, how languages developed and evolved, what their purpose is, where language is going and so on and on. A potted pseudo history about the form of human thought transference that we call "language". Even wrote about developing a universally-comprehensible graphic language based on muli-layer-function "smilies", with built-in levels of language function and the ability to express tenses, and with auto-translators and the like.

Why? Because the way we use "smilies" now is like the way cavemen drew pictures on the walls. Language, but very unevolved. (Not kidding...) Was trying to say that we have opportunities with modern media to truly communicate but haven't even started to develop their full potential yet. We produce more gadgets but still have language and cultural barriers, misunderstandings, and the prejudices and wars that follow...

For me, a true revolution in the sense of evolutionary self-feeding content and ideation requires taking communication to higher levels and removing barriers of human prejudice and thinking. Said all that, but I guess nobody read the posts...Tooo long, tooo obtuse -- like this one.
)

This image depicts elements of the continually evolving ecosystem that form the dollnean vision. That is an absolute known. Language is an essential part of our human "communication evolution", so...

All I was trying to say yesterday in my own bizarre way is that the image we are dealing with here is communicating something already, but exactly like the dollnean we need to find the key so it's comprehensible. Was hoping to see if someone would connect what I wrote back to the spheres and pick up something that I couldn't see but could "sense" was there and staring us in our collective faces.

With the "whatisit" image, even the fact that they look like spheres and not just circles seemed relevant to me. It's not presenting as two-dimensional. It has depth. Or substance.

More recently, I've been wondering about "all the colours of the rainbow" but the trouble is they aren't. All the colours. Of the rainbow...
However, unless SO just likes pretty colours, why create an image (gee sounds biblical
) using those particular colours? But okay I said that already a few time in previous posts.

Move over all donkeys...I'm a one-trick pony.

The dynamite may be digital, but a revolution in this context does not happen because people have the "digital weaponry". It happens because they have a vision of change (i.e. imagination), can communicate that vision to each other, and work together in an organized way to achieve it. The revolution requires more than the technology to make it work. It needs that technology to integrate. We all know that and you've all said it.

Just thought it worth saying again.

A final thought: normally, a revolution has a time line. It builds, takes hold, sweeps away the old and brings in the new -- then ends. But this revolution is different, if I read it right. It brings in the new, but what it puts in place does not eventually stagnate and even return to the old way with a new coat of paint, like political revolutions often do; it re-creates through the process it sets in motion. If it stops moving then it's over.

I see those spheres revolving as well as inter-evolving. Each one turns, and they all orbit about the centre, almost like a solar system.

But that's just me animating the image...

[edit on 1-11-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mira_of_lurk0more

Hi Mira,

according to its "properties" info, "whatisit" was created with Adobe ImageReady.

I don't know that we could recover much as this is a saved image in its present form. On whatever computer that SO used to make it, it would be possible to dig back about a dozen actions if needs be to find out the image's evolution, but I suspect that the one we have here pretty well as it is. If I make something in Photoshop and blur the text then save it (then post it), it would be very hard to unblur it.

Of course, I am not a geek at this stuff so I could be wrong

Mike

PS: Kind regards to your Dad and Mom!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I agree. I don't think you can un-blurr the text in this .png file.

However, I must say I have never seen a .png file that opens up in Windows picture and fax viewer one way, then opens up in MS Paint in another way. A png should be a png.

This is how it looks when you open it in Paint...

What's up with the barcodes. Do we need a scanner

Also. I thought the binary revolution fist would have 'some' significance in all of this since it was posted in sequence with the spheres, and the dollnean text. I missed a lot here, so please pardon me if I'm repeating anything

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Great post

Now I have to go back and re-read all of your well-thought-out and lengthy
posts and try to put this all together.

Time for some more coffee

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Tools enable... ATS provides tools well beyond "each one teach one"... Imagine... here's one:
SkepticOverlord.

Vic posted this tool back on page 37

I am bumping it up for those who might want to use it.

When you hit the link it will show you ALL of SO's posts in this thread.

To change to another member just type in their membername in place of SkepticOverlord in the address box.

Now =

=SkepticOverlord
=JustMike
=Crakeur
=(whoever you want)

etc. etc.

Maybe by reviewing each will shed some light on this conceptual model

Oh, if you want to use this tool, bookmark it.

It took me 45mins to locate this post again. (I was reading all of the posts AGAIN)

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Here I go again (not) on my own, going down the only road I....

I can do the following on-line: play games, blog, get news, pay bills, chat, listen to radio even satelite radio, watch videos/tv, email, shop, can get v-mail on-line. With some new technology I can make phone calls via internet (I dont have that technology, as a certain someone here loves to steal all the bandwidth, now that really bites. Especially when you want to play a game on-line....... errrrr). Guess that is one of downfalls living in the mountains and having to use satelite as sorce of getting on-line.

I'm rambling hoping something sinks in to my brain.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Center, as others have stated maybe a logo:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Great post

Now I have to go back and re-read all of your well-thought-out and lengthy
posts and try to put this all together.

Time for some more coffee

Thanks Jack...coming from you it means a lot

With the stuff I wrote you might need something stronger than coffee, though...

Sometimes I feel like I've been just fiddling around, perhaps
, when really I'd like to be just part of the band and rockin' along with you all...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IrishLass
Center, as others have stated maybe a logo...

You know, it could well be...

If we can just throw enough light on that central smiley -- I mean sphere -- then the others might just be clearer too...

A little up-to-date feedback from our mods or Springer/SO wouldn't go unthanked, either.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I was trying to find some of the latest info on the missing Jim Gray, microsoft engineer, and stumbled upon an article which kinda talks about the same thing we are trying to do here.

www.informationweek.com

...Large-scale distributed computing, also known as cloud computing, has been touted as the future for years now. In a July 2003 paper, Microsoft researcher Jim Gray -- who was reported missing at sea earlier this year -- noted that IBM and Microsoft were pushing Internet-scale distributed computing as a new model.

Sun Microsystems (NSDQ: JAVA) has also long been an advocate of what it calls grid computing.

In a statement, Samuel J. Palmisano, chairman, president, and CEO of IBM, characterized the effort "to train tomorrow's programmers to write software that can support a tidal wave of global Web growth and trillions of secure transactions every day." ...

emphasis:mine

Cloud computing? grid computing?

Something there?

[edit on 2007/11/1 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Could be something in that, Jack...
I understand that some also refer to cloud computing as "utility computing", and it can involve a "virtual computing" component. Virtual computing is already available but can be developed a lot further. There is some interesting stuff about this newly-developing computer-use technology on the whatis.blogs tech pages under the heading [Cloud computing: the next big thing].

So -- maybe cloud computing, utility computing, or virtual computing could be in one of the spheres. It makes some sense as it's very new and still-evolving technology. And if (as these tech geeks say) it's "the next big thing" it would be good for ATS and its partners to hook into it.

EDIT for PS: Forgot to mention (
)that on the page in the above link, there's an interesting diagram relating to cloud computing, which has several little round shapes of various colours, which have various levels of interconnectivity.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Awesome! I am still reading it but found this interesting,

DotMac

We know how much SO leans towards Apple

I saw the spheres, I am still reading to see if they correlate to what we are doing here.

It is interesting that the place is called Whatis blogs and the png's were whatisit and whatitis

A lead, or my head in the clouds?

regardless, it sounds like the NEXT thing.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Cool post!

Yep, it's a weird file, alright! So's the Fist file. I posted something about this a while back... I opened it and all the "digital fist" overlay was gone, leaving just the red face.

Red face? Hmmm...

Changing colours...changing moods.

What's the mood in the online world these days?

That red face...Apparently it's that movie character. (In Vendetta? Do I have that right?) SO showed his avatar with a mask on for that same character. But prior to him posting that altered avatar -- that is to say, at the time I discovered this weirdness in the image -- I posted that it reminded me of Che. The revolutionary guy...

But back to the main point... It just seemed odd to me that the image was constructed so the digital overly would be stripped away to expose what's underneath. And you are dead right...we have pretty well forgotten about that fist, and as you say, SO posted it at the same time as the spheres image. So maybe we should be taking another look at its significance. After all, he didn't post it just to take up space on the site... Maybe it's a redundant image now the dollnean's been solved but somehow I doubt that to be the case.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Just to reply to your musings about the "Whatis?" site and the "whatisit" (spheres) & "whatitis" (dollnean) images: I wondered the same thing. However, I kind of expect that there's no definitive link here. The names of those images have a certain practicality, and so has that site. Like-mindedness, for sure, but probably no more than that.

But you ne-verr knowww...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hey Guys...I just wanted to tell you all that I admire your tenacity with this.I must say that some of your research goes over my head like a 747.
Good going though, no stone unturned.
I guess out of habit I can't stay away from this thread.
I just wish I had some info I could offer up to help you.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Wish I had something to offer, im going in circles literally.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Jack, are you referring to the "display thread" tool in this post? I'm not sure but guessing that's what you mean. Just wanted to say that you can also get a member's complete posts in any thread just by clicking on the "thread" tag at the bottom of any one of their posts in that thread.

Must admit though that it's cool to know another way to do it without hunting down one of their posts.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IrishLass

My gosh do you and Jack ever take a break? Why do I get the feeling there will be another 50+ pages before this gets solved....

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I wish I could have that hour back

Thanks for the heads up,

[walks off, sulking, and :bnghd: ]

<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join