It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
"The NEW NOV5th REVOLUTION iphone"

U2U me if intrested some came my way.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Nice job on the phone graphics.

How many do you have

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Could the center be:

You -> Crowd -> Power

In a perpetual conceptual powerful semantic and virtual way

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Ive just been looking at the latest ediited images of the spheres,and it does look like maybe there are 3 words in the center sphere

You can have one of the phones free ill email you one.

We had better start laceing up our boots soon ,to kick our selves.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

I don't think there are three words in the center. I think it's a logo (ATS? TAN?) with maybe a word underneath the logo.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

You may be right,

At this point I don't even know what fits in any of the spheres

We have come up with so many ideas that I forgot the ones that were supposed to be right

I still like: The You Niverse

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I agree with you Jack, it has all got a bit lost and we are not getting much feed back from staff.I guess people are busy planning the revoultion. Ive gone around in circles with this, i think we all have,and we dont even have one word/sphere 100% correct do we?

We suck at this one lol

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

I am starting to think it might be better to save this for the webcast!

We have the phrase which describes the spheres

Where would the ooh and aahhhs come if we already know what the spheres stand for?

It could make for a really cool presentation

I will keep poking around here and there, and see what I can find

More importantly I have to make sure I get all the supplies I need while viewing the webcast

T - Y - N

All about the YOU!

The You Niverse

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Tag clouds are silly. Max time waster... until folks figure out how to use them that is... Who invented that? LOL. Outrageo, thanks for the tightened up graphic. I sent the PNG to one of Dad's friends who does that sort of stuff. I don't think it'll matter much.

Mira

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

You're right, of course Jack - the rest of you as well. With nary a squeek in the last few days the spheres, well - I guess we'll know soon enough...

Have fun at the party Jack - I think the spheres themselves are getting ready to join you:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I pretty much have to agree with you, Jack.

(As usual with my lonnnng posts, what follows is really for everyone.)

Until we get some feedback that will enable us to determine what work should be taken further and what should be scrapped, there is actually no point in continuing. Were are simply putting in a lot of time and effort and probably most of it is being wasted. I'm not saying we should give up, of course, but the only thing we know more-or-less for certain is that "TV" (in some form) is probably within one of the spheres. Recalling that Crakeur gave me an applause for a post where I said the centre sphere is not ATS alone and of itself, that could also be useful.

The only thing I can see any use in doing while we await words from the wise, is for each of us who got applause (about the spheres) to state their opinions of what it was probably for. That might enable us to assign some words.

However, I am not sure that even this effort is worth while. Our task is to discern this image based upon what the "dollnean" statement says it depicts in simplified form.

For anyone new to this thread or just in case you don't have it memorized word-perfect already, here is the statement:

A continually evolving self-feeding content creation, ideation, and publishing ecosystem.

That is what the spheres image represents in simplified form. Our process of trying to identify what the words are within that image has, in its very essence, followed this process, and so we have given the answer very accurately.

"But we have all been getting different answers," some may protest.

Yes. Of course we have. Because we are all different people.

Look, this is what I mean: seeing as the spheres image clearly shows that all the outer ones mutually relate to the inner one, and hence in effect every sphere connects to every other one through it, I personally don't see why any particular sphere must contain only certain words. Yes, there may be certain words required, but if I want eg TV in the pink one and podcasting in the yellow, and another person wants them the other way round or even in other spheres entirely...then why not?

I'll say it like this: if it is fundamentally people/the crowd/our minds/our imagination/[other similar concepts that mean all living members of the ecosystem] at the centre -- because it's "us": all the humans who will input, feed, grow, evolve and ideate this ecosystem -- then it matters not at all which specific outer spheres hold which sub-concept/technological interface. It's "us" who decide what we individually use, input (ie add content), and ideate to evolve this ecosystem on a continual basis. We choose. We control it. There is no compulsion, no requirement that we must draw more upon one component than another -- they are balanced, they are all equally accessible; they do not control us. We control them and it's our use of them that determines their own individual but "interfaced" evolutionary contribution to the whole.

This is a full digi-astral plane above "Myspace", if you will...This is "Ourspace", one that we co-inhabit and share and evolve for mutual benefit.

So, to be frank, the notion that all the words within those outer spheres must be fixed and immutable goes against the concept of continual evolution. For the same reason, I don't see why they need to have the colours they do or even if there is a reason why -- beyond Bill's personal aesthetic sense. If I wish to change some of those colours or give them different names, then I can, because while it's a collective concept it also has a uniqueness for every person. Without some degree of flexibility, there will always be people who will be excluded, and that is not good for evolving such an ecosystem that embraces ideation. Yes, there must be some components that we will see as commonly needful, for we need communications, information and content input/development technology to make this work, but as long as "I" -- the collective "I", meaning all of those who are in this ecosystem but are still recognized as individuals -- am/are at the centre then it will all function fine. Put us out of the centre and we become just a cog in a machine again.

I don't even think that we have to be limited to the number of spheres that are depicted in the image. Bill said it is a simplified representation (or words to that effect), so why should we limit ourselves to only the very small number of options available within those 8 outer spheres? Are there only eight components that can belong? No, I don't think so. There can be multiple layers of "spheres of influence" within the "real" ecosystem, and how close they are to the centre -- meaning how valid or necessary they are -- will depend upon the individual user or groups of interacting users. "We" (the greater we) are the source of gravity around which all this revolves, and our own interactions and ideation may well evolve completely new spheres that we cannot even imagine. Yet.

If my thoughts are completely off track then I'd appreciate being told. Meanwhile, I'll wait.

Mike

[edit on 2-11-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Looks like I've scared everyone away...Not a soul around...

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I am here

I have been going wayback in the alt news trying to find unexplained events from 2007.

This is almost as bad as that billion page trip I took when we were working the phrase anagram

The silence in here is DEAFENING!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Oh we're here, Mike...

Just working off-line as much as on, is all. Without any more clues (and I have a feeling we're not going to see many more) there really is not that much to discuss - though you somehow manage to weave a small novel out of our dilemma every few hours!

I know Jack's still plugging away. As for me, I'm still filtering the spheres through a bunch of graphics programs (and have recruited a few interns to help out). Hopeless, I know - but it's good practice and the pixel-by-pixel scrutiny may yield a morsel (which I'll share with y'all, of course!).

I'm resigning to the idea that we'll likely be gathered around our computers on the 5th watching events unfold in NY.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Has anyone located the key to the spheres pic I posted back a one page?

It is lettered but I couldnt find a reference to the letters.

It also has many of the colors of the spheres in our matrix.

Just posting FYI in case someone missed it

[edit on 2007/11/2 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Looks like just a wikimedia graphic posted by a "kku". I don't read German very well, but if you can translate (maybe use an online engine), you can read more about your figure here. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see your figure and a description. I don't really think there is a strong connection to our spheres, though it does look interesting.

p.s. I know you can't make it to the shindig on Monday, Jack - were you able to secure a proxy? In any event - your contributions have been great - and congrats again for cracking the code...

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

I held a raffle the other day for the invite and AccessDenied won the drawing.

I was hoping that you would catch the thread that day because it looked like you were interested in going.

I am sorry if you didn't get the chance, I had to do it in a 12 hour time span to give the winner and the staff the time for the details to be communicated.

Thanks for the info on the kku image deal, I will check it out.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Hi Jack,

that's actually the self-same pic I mentioned in an earlier post [here] in relation to cloud computing, and which includes the link to the "whatis?" tech website which itself includes the pic and discussion about it... I have nothing I can suggest beyond what's in that post.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

Oh we're here, Mike...

Just working off-line as much as on, is all. Without any more clues (and I have a feeling we're not going to see many more) there really is not that much to discuss - though you somehow manage to weave a small novel out of our dilemma every few hours!

I'm sorry you feel that what I write are "small novels"
I apologize. At the time I wrote the most recent one, I was the only one online in this thread.

But considering that my feelings have taken a severe hammering (from sources outside of ATS/TAN) in the past hour I may be taking what you wrote in the wrong light...

Regards,

Mike

[edit on 2-11-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

There must be some misunderstanding....

This must be some kind of mistake.....
GENESIS

I read it as a compliment Mike!

Can you see it now?

new topics