It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 107
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Im usually not on here that much during the week, I had to take a couple of days off from work so I figured I spend some time here with all of you. LOL

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Hi AD,

we're still kind of running around in circles and wearing a trench in the dirt that Conan the Barbarian would envy, but I feel we're all getting closer...And you've done huge work as well!!

And hey everyone...
Now hear this!!

AD's too modest to mention this -- but guess who got a prize in the Scary Short Story Contest? Hint: first initial "A", last initial "D" and nothin' in the middle...

In the spirit of promoting the ethos of the "dollnean" ecosystem for us to share and ideate, I'm posting the link to the moderator's post on the story forum that announces the top three stories and gives the links direct to them...

[winning scary stories]

So for anyone who's feeling wrung out with the spheres, take a break for a few minutes and read AD's work.

AD, your writing is k-e-w-l and I love it...and I'm very hard to please! Great effort -- you have talent!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Oh my god..I need a blushing smiley...
Thanks Mike.
Yes I was really multi-tasking for awhile there.
I may delve into the spheres a bit...if I find something that may be useful.
I believe iam suffering from Dollnean deprivation or something.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
What is the venue, in a NON limited/ing sense, that creates/allows/gives voice to this new "Crowd is the Source" paradigm?

Figure that out and you may have a middle from which to create/attach/involve and source the external(s).

Think BIG, think in the non-limited, we do, everyday because we've seen what WE can do.

Include, but never LIMIT, no brand or genre or topical collection is sacrosanct.

Springer...

[edit on 10-30-2007 by Springer]

I guess thats what's where looking for then ? "The new superduper web 2.0"

Not much, but it might unlock some doors
Hope it helps

[edit on 1-11-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

Spent an hour or so reading through all the web 2.0 pages last night and I am sure this is derived from there but the center sphere blur just doesn't seem to match anything I found there. He's a good link to it for those that have time to burn and haven't already tried this avenue..

CTH

[edit on 1/11/07 by CthulhuRising]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

I wish I could have that hour back

Thanks for the heads up,

[walks off, sulking, and :bnghd: ]

That's okay... Hey, I only learned of it coz someone told me...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

If I could star that post I would...That was awesome!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Methinks

JustMike

Is busy coming up with a

Global smiley language interface

That was

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I think that's the direction we are supposed to be looking. But so we don't get led astray, back on Oct 8th SO posted:

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by JSR
im convinced on nov. 5th, ATS will launch the "ATS web 2.0"

Web 2.0 is so 2006... we're well beyond that.

Notice he says we (ATS/TAN and partners) are well beyond that. So while we can and (I guess) should study Web 2.0 for concepts, this revolution is basically a dimension above and beyond it...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
That's too cool.
I was at the school library and looked "dell" up in a geography text book.

"In physical geography, a dell is a small wooded valley, either U or V-shaped."

So I Googed "trees and Dell", bingo, hit. Then now, "clouds and Dell", bingo, hit.

Mira

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
MeAlsoThinks that there must be some

BUSY BUSY Bees

Hanging around the corporate offices..

Getting the Final Touches

Completed for the

REVOLUTION!

I haven't seen anyone flyin around here today...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Methinks

JustMike

Is busy coming up with a

Global smiley language interface

That was

I am seriously considering that such a thing is not only possible, but doable...As i said in my post/s yesterday, I envisage digital graphics-based communication (ie smilies) being taken to the next level so they can be truly used for complex communication. Namely, a sort of digital form of picture-writing, but one which would be translatable and would breach cultural/language/thought differences. For example, if I sent a formal message to a Japanese person, I could just use a smiley for formal greetings (sort of a "formal handshake" smilie), but s/he would have it translated either into formal greeting text (and for sight impaired with voice) or it would show a smiley doing a formal, "correct" Japanese bow. One sent to India might translate into a "namaste" bow...

Things like that.

Why bother, one might ask, when we have auto-translators like babelfish? Because the right images can say a huge amount very simply and more accurately.

Where does this connect to this thread? At several levels. We were given a character-based task to solve -- the dollnean -- and an image-based task -- ditto. The former was tough, but the latter is also very tough because we lack common reference points and bases, and because we are thinking within our own, individual sets of conceptual frameworks. But if we can break the code of the thing then it will be clear.

It also connects because this would be a great place to develop and evolve such an image-based language. Pack 3000 years of language imagery evolution into a single year. By working and ideating together.

Trouble is...I have the ideas but lack the skills. I need a whizkid or six to make it all happen...

Mike

Dinner's ready...
have to eat it while it's hot...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Hey, the site where I got that neat little smiley and the previous "dollnean genius" is free so [here's] the link. You can choose and write your own text, then just hit save and copy the url out to a text file. Or for a once-off like the one above, just copy and paste it in here. In any case, post it without the [img] text at either end of the url, and inside the regular "ats" and "/ats" boxes that are bracketed with the square brackets. (No quotes of course. Can't write them here with the brackets or they won't post.)

Getting back to the image task, a while back I posted some wonderings about possible education interfaces, meaning education content driven by the demands of "the crowd".

Anyone think that might have a place? Education is a vital component of an evolving pooled-intelligence and imagination/ideation system, methinks...

[edit on 1-11-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I remember that post Mike ( SO's Web 2.0 one) Thats why i went and got us an image of Web 2.0 ,so we can see it in its entirety,Like the spheres

Maybe it will twist a few keys in us

Hope it helps

We, have just gotta' think BIG...Not to big though or you may never leave the loony bin

I hear there is a thread on BTS Nov5th rehab or something

[edit on 1-11-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Yes, it was excellent that you posted the graphic of web2.0... Very cool.

I did some study of it and wondered about a couple of things. Like "Joy of Use" and "Folksonomy" for example. These appear to be considerations of a user-based form.

Need to study it more to try and imagine what goes way beyond it...

Again, thanks for putting it there so we have it to refer to.

Mike

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mira_of_lurk0more

Dell cloud:

Dell Launches Cloud Computing for Large-Scale Data Clients

...Dell's Cloud Computing Solution is designed to provide data center optimization and increased energy efficiency, along with lower deployment and overall management overhead costs for customers whose IT infrastructure, or compute cloud, is the "factory" for their business. These data-intensive customers include major e-commerce vendors, financial organizations, government agencies and petroleum companies...

Dell Trees is environmental movement:

Dell Launches ‘Plant a Tree for Me’; First Global Technology Company to Enable Carbon-Neutral Computers

"The customer experience starts with receiving the best value and continues with the knowledge that we are working with our customers to protect the environment throughout the life of their system," said Michael Dell, chairman of Dell. "Programs like ‘Plant a Tree for Me’ and our global recycling efforts empower our customers to participate with us in making a difference. It is our hope that other companies in our industry will join us to improve the environment that we all share."

I don't speak tekkie so most of this flies over my head,

The cloud deal was launched back in March but I have read that it is taking off slowly, maybe it's ready for a BIG kick in the rear next Monday?

Posting FYI

[disclaimer]

JacKatMtn makes no claims that any of his research or posts concerning Dell Cloud or it's subsidiaries, have anything to do with the Revolution.

[edit on 2007/11/1 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Not Web Deux pointe-un. That's a bad word in the brave and new. Active Script 3.0, upscale IM, and dollneans, trees, "V"(s), V wooded valleys with there own micro-climates, where's and ware's and wears, whethers and weathers and Grids.

Atty said to include this inspirational inspirational video so... I listen to "MY" Big Brother. LOL. It's great when everything is new even old stuff. EVERYTHING is a potential conspiracy. I wanna read Valley of the Dollneans. Embed from YouTube of: The Grid - Swamp Thing!
Bes' dawgs hunt the Swamp!

Apples are create. Clouds are distro'. Open source crowd-style. No limits, no fear. Router-world of partners, the traffic will be shaped. Mine is. Backwards peace sign, talk to the hand and black gloved fist. Tommie Smith. Che. Ciao. Apples "Big Brother Ad" is kickin'. Like that.

Mira

Editron: COOL! - Clipboard.

New-edit: Just noticed the addition material selector within the player frame after the vid is done. Nifty. Like the small display feature too... good for mobile.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
That was an interesting bluegrass/techno video thanks

Grid Grid

Took me to wiki where it discussed cloud, utility computing and had this image

filename was VirtOrg.png

Virt = V?

The spheres in the images look close to what we have, and are lettered though I could not find a place where those letters wer explained

Could these terms describing these spheres tie into our spheres?

I tried to locate the VirtOrg site but the page would not load.

Anyone know of this VirtOrg?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I just noticed the "drone" in the Swamp Thing vid, characters dancin' on the brim. The Texas Cowboy vid by the same crew has some interesting imagery too. I like the "hands" in this video... and the crowd. Ever been on really big dance floor with everyone is on the same club vibe? Like that but digital. Marco V - Automanual - Live.

Texas Cowboy by The Grid on YOU Tube

Mira and Flics' +

Mira!

[edit on 1-11-2007 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I found something on VirtOrg and it sounds like what we try to do here at ATS & The Above Network it is from 2001 and I couldn't read the entire piece, but what I could read sounds good.

Communicating trustworthiness and building trust in interorganizational virtual organizations

We propose a theory of trust in 1nterorganizational virtual organizations that focuses on how trustworthiness can be communicated and trust built in this environment. The theory highlights three issues that must be dealt with if the potential obstacles to the development of trust in the virtual context are to be overcome. These are communication of trustworthiness facilitated by reliable Information and Communication Technology (ICT), establishment of a common business understanding, and strong business ethics. We propose four specific propositions relating to these issues, and suggest topics to be explored in future research.

Trust=Truth, Ethics.....

It all sounds familiar.

Am I chasing Geese?

top topics

<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join