It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

my point was that one of the spheres in each version posted has one format that is rarely used anymore. I was directing you towards the correct format and djohnsto77 was dead on with his breakdown of my post.

that's all I want to say about that.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So videos should be something updated?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
So videos should be something updated?

Perhaps we are thinking too new:

Originally posted by Crakeur
For a group that is living in the now, cutting edge technology and all that, the use of an ancient format is somewhat surprising.

Could this mean we need to think of a different format that isn't quite as new as what we would expect? Perhaps films instead of vidoes?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think videos should be updated because Crakeur gave me another applause...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ok, so video needs to be changed.

We have:
DVD, Blu-ray, HD-DVD, Digital Video, Streaming video

Can anyone think of more? I've been awake too long.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thanks for clearing that up and sorry for bad posting and coments ,im going to leave this (if i can) to the smarter people before i dig myself to deep a hole.

The only other thing i have to add is Ethics.

But where looking for the "new" type of format right? like the new dvd ? so ethics wont be in the middle But tv radio podcasts webcasts e-books video internet news are maybe in the outer spheres?..........so what brings them all togeather?..a digital ecosystem?..........why am i going back to echo?...there was talk of the new echo system sweeping the net?

If only id of put this much effort in at school id of solved it by now :Ironic
and If i didnt want it so much id give my shirt to whoever solves this.

*zips it*

[edit on 31-10-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

I think the new video format has to be in my last post. Got an applause! Come on people, let's get this solved before the 5th of November!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
How's it going? Cast your net: I and E and what is about to be. Happy Halloween!

IETF: The Internet Engineering Task Force
Broadcasting Wiki: Broadcasting Wiki
WebTV: Boomerang
Streamcast: SourceForge.net
Multicasting Wiki: Streams of flavor
Automatic Multicast Tunnelling: AMT IETF
Polycasting: IEEE
Mobile: There is a link to a forum a post by SO... BiPIM
Podcasting: Wiki TAN
Wicked Wiki: TinWicki
Blogoshere: Wicki
Net Forums: TAN - You are here. "X" marks the spot... or "V".
Narrowcasting: Wiki
*Flashcasting: Charts as example FileBuzz
*Adobe Flash CS3 Professional Integrated with Photoshop Illustrated; Adobe Flash Site
Content Transformation Services: EMC PDF
Next-Generation Networking: Wiki
GMPLS: Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching
EARNEST: Report on Technical Issues PDF
TNC 2007: "Services to Users" TERENA
Tech Knowledge Base: Word and Protocol Stew RFCID's and Merged Taxonomies
What Ever happened To IPv5? OReilly.net
Seamless Embedded Adverts Product placement in the Digital-Space Enivronment: Second Life Virtual Toyota Scion
E-Tail: ATS Gear Store - more coming!!!
Toyota Children's Site: Payment Plans NYTimes article "Hey, Kid, You Want to Buy a Toyota Scion?"
Toyota Scion Product Placement in Whyville-Space: Virtual Scion for kids with payments
Disk Format Humour: GEARFUSE (vinyl jumped 15% last year) The Vinyl CD

Mira

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Okay...thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated. Now I get your point!

So, people, (if I read it right at my second try) we need to ditch anything that's too "last Tuesday" and focus on the stuff that's "now" and points the way forward.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Based on things that others have said, here's my updated guess:

[edit on 10/31/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

Ok im in starting at 12 o'clock green clockwise

1.Radio
2.????
3.News
4.E-books
5.Pod casts
6.?????
7.Webcasts HD-Ones?
8.HD-Videos

center ..........Think big he says.hmmm

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Got an applause (from Simon Gray, no less - pretty cool) for this post-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So somewhere in that verbal discharge I must've accidentally made a cogent point.

Just sayin'...

[Edit for typo]

[edit on 10/31/2007 by yeahright]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
So, if I think big and take it literally......

the middle could be something like....

[size=20]YOU

Just a thought.

My brain is so fried right now, I've been actually using it today.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Here's what I think...From top going clockwise.

(1) Radio
(2) Events
(3) DVD's
(4) Blogs
(5) Books
(6) Editorial
(7) Televsision
(8) Podcast

BAM!!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I just found out what TAN is im new to computers....its a Tiny Area Network ,,,and LAN is Local Area Network...so then whats next GAN? Global Area Network?,,,but i thought ATS was that already?

*goes back to listerning to MP3 "If your gonna be dumb; you better be tough ....."

[edit on 31-10-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

Actually, in this case, we're using TAN as an abbreviation for The Above Network. ATS is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Above Network. Scroll to the bottom of the page.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

That was a good post you were applauded for

Problem is, it was too good

Could have been anything though I might lean to the mob, us, we centric sphere theory.

One question on video:

we are up to the new format war Blu-Ray vs HD DVD.

Wouldn't both be considered HD VIDEO?

I also saw an article on the iPhone and it discussed the Mobile Web becoming HUGE in the next 10 yrs or so,

So some form of mobile is a possibility

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
How can TAN help YOU with those formats. They aren't gonna share 'em out from an optical drive, not that that isn't a possiblity and a neck-a-bottle.

Streaming video, on-demand video, streaming audio, pod catching... I wanna know about the E-Books and E-Docs. Rush and AlienWare are now an item. AlienWare's 960 media box is pretty swanky.

How about a TAN ringtone? A technically unneccessary but fun billon dollar enterprise that didn't exist but a few years ago. The site user-structure-governance-corp participants and that way that's blended in and focussed to the user habituation is the good part of the Minority Report. Tieing-up with existing other E-tailers and E-Media channels would be a natch. Same may go for "hard" media and products too. Shoes with ATS or TAN crests in the soles or souls... and an iPhone and a little document reader... all documents.

For those with the Dollnean habit the Drone's await with a nifty character puzzle - alien font. there are keys subbed into the text at various points in the story board. They have an announcement to make on Nov 5th too.

Link to AlienWare character set on the AlienWare sight... it is in a graphic format that... have a look if you have an interest and need to take a Dollnean code break. It uses a 1 for 1 character substitution and the keys are buried in the storyboard. look at the "V" in "investgation" at the center of the passage at this link. The other story boards have the other keys. It is a contest. Someone is claiming that someone is claiming copyright infringement. I have seen no actual proof - and I'm not interested in that so much.

Dollnean and the actual NoV 5th announcements and "what that will mean". If this establishes a trend the economy will be affected in some ways - measurable. It could take off in many directions.

The Net is getting better by being more "user". Finance likes users. There are some Surowiecki articles on the post-industrial new millenium that are so... well you'd have to have an interest and go look.

The media channel partners and various selectable stream systems and how and "who" that happens and grows will enable much. I was reading that the media channels at the top of the hierarchy are very competitive and that there aren't that many. The teacher who taught my media modules at school did say that the Net was the last real frontier that anyone could be involved in. It is a "space" that can be occupied. You.

There is some newish stuff to do with federating users within a network framework that I thought was really neat for interactive narrowcasting and all the other rich media. The whole universal format translator/transform layer is going to remove some barriers. I gather than one has to get code that is "outside" of whatever formats and dissimilar older legacy ML's. I can plug in a RJ-45 but some of these languages and apps and handling is mondo complicated. Here is the nexus and you.

Not that the inter-culture already isn't one, but TAN will be a "destination" from which to explore? You. More than environment. You. Culture.

It really is rather exciting. The suspense is-has a "live performance" feel. Those promo videos were really carefully put together. The first one makes most the most Dollnean. LOL. I had to learn what all the piccies were and then, mean. Dollnean. NoV 5 live via IP.

When I don't have so much homework I want to go back through the thread and pick out the earliest instances of use of each term in the Dollnean.

Here's a link to some generic explanations of common Theory Terminology. That one is of a holistic worldview.

Mira

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Thanks for clearing that up, I searched for "internet TAN" you wouldnt belive that 1st on the list was a cyber TANNING sallon i cant even begin to imagine how thats going to work ...How are you going to see the screen with mega watt lamps blasting in your face and blacked out swimming goggles on...the mid boggles at some things you stumble across online.

But surely my GAN idea is stll in the concept of the center sphere?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Home from work and at work again.....

Help me here Mira.....

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join