It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could there be a way to beat the Taser?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
i watched a cop be VERY polite to a woman who was speeding. (on youtube)
and then, he asked her to get out of the car. she wouldn't. he asked her repeatedly. she didn't get out. and then he warned that he would taze her if she didn't get out. she didn't get out.

he tazed her.

justified?

Absolutely justified. I saw that video clip, and the cop gave her every opportunity and warning to avoid getting tased. The point is whether or not you respect authority has no relevance as to whether the law enforcement officer has authority. When a cop pulls you over, tells you to get off the phone and exit the vehicle, you tell the person you'll talk to them later, and get out of the car. If you don't give the cop attitude, you'll probably be on your way after a brief inconvenience. If you resist, you're gonna get tased, and get to come down to the police station and waste hours of your day or longer, as well as time in court explaining why you're a douche to the judge.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I thought tazers were an alternative to a firearm, not a means of subduing uncooperative people.

As if that girl was really a threat to an armed cop anyway.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

i disagree. would it be okay to club her with a night stick because she wouldn't get out of her car for speeding?

that is inapproproate use of force. the cop was not being threatened in any way, and use of a taser was extreme overkill. he only needed to write her a speeding ticket.
if he was suspicious that she was on drugs or DUI, then he could have grabbed her arm and dragged her out. if then, she became dangerous, THEN extra force is warranted.

when someone is sitting in the driver's seat of a parked car, they are not a threat.

cops are supposed to diffuse tense situations, not exacerbate them.

'totally justified'? not if i was this almighty judge you refer to. i would be asking the cop why he was such a douche.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
first, i would like to see who thinks that hans is one of the toughest men on the planet.

second, that was a sick armbar from the guard...THAT is the kind of stuff the cops should be focused on learning.
when hans flipped the guy uchi mata style and ended up with the gun..

you know, don't be afraid to get in there and mix it up a little.

as far as resisting the tazer, the ONLY thing i can think of is after the first jolt, rip the pins out but you're still gonna be on the ground at a disadvantage.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
cops are criminals with a badge. they get there after the fact and decide what happened.

personally, i can't wait till vids start popping up on youtube of cops getting randomly tazed by people...

imagine it now.....bicycle cop takes a right turn and tazer dude is in position by the mailbox. just as the cop passes, BAP---5 seconds of lightning baby----

hahahahahahahahah

it's going to happen eventually and i will watch the video many times.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
....haven't read all the postings, anyone else ever been tasered? I read about the military issue one being 80,000volts!!! I'm afraid to look up the wattage of the cops. I was a 'home invasion' victim, they threw me to the floor and stuck the thing in my neck for seconds while felt like minutes, it was dreadful pain. The monsters thought a telescope I had in the apt was a rifle, think about this, after they kicked the door in from a neighbor complaining about noise. They're knocking and knocking, I wouldn't let them in, "Alright, I'll turn it down, I'll meet you outside, I'm not a terrorist." BATTERING RAM the door in, look at the scope, (minimal apt) in the frenzy of that to looking at me, one of them shoves the thing in my neck. Should sue, I know I have a case, just too lazy to get something put together.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tom Bedlam

retard, using a taser on a peace officer is justification for them to use deadly force due to the fact that if they believed it would incapacitate them to the point where they could not defend themselves, they would shoot you. if you weren't killed, a jury would fry you.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The best way to avoid the taser is obey the law.

If you are a criminal though, I've read there's ways to stop the taser, like covering yourself with metal screen (like you would buy to put on a screen-door) or even tin foil. It doesn't have to cover your whole body, just basically from your shoulders to your thighs, since that is where taser probes land on you 99% of the time.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CyborgPirateNinjaJesus

There's something called THORSHIELD. Apparently it can be applied to pretty much any clothing and makes tasers ineffective. It probably washes out, so you'd have to know ahead of time you might be tasered.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Google this term. Taser proof vest.

Is their a need for it? Saddly yes.

Live leak and youtube are FULL of video with people in complete compliance get shot, tazed and beaten... I recomend the video Brutal reality. It will show you what cops think of civilians.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja

Originally posted by parry noid
I you wore a anti static braclet or something rubber, or something that grounds you could you beat the Taser? Or even, is it possible to build an immunity to electric shock?! Since it seems this is going to be the way of the future is there any way to beat it?

Please throw down some ideas, I want to hear what you all have to say?

You'll probably want to wear a helmet, and some other padding to protect yourself from the baton, after the taser doesn't produce the result that the cop is looking for. Better yet, don't get in situations where you're being confronted by the police. This will mitigate the need to wear rubber suits in public.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
I recomend the video Brutal reality. It will show you what cops think of civilians.

video.google.com...

In the summer of 2008, the gloves come off!

I take the taze... I fall over... I play dead...

When they get close...

I go Hannibal Lecter and eat pork chops.

The day somebody sticks one of those things on my body, is the last day of their life.

We are sovereign; free men on land.

TAZING IS AN ACT OF WAR; a threat to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

I submit to no authority, I defend my body and tribe with my life.

Gadsden Flag,

Sri Oracle

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Honestly, many of you are sounding like paranoid criminals.

If the cop dragged the woman out of the car instead of tazing her, it's 99% more likely her body would have suffered much more damage than had occurred as a result of the tazer. He was being nice by tazing her and not physically forcing her dumb ass.

"Cops are criminals with badges." Please, don't make me laugh. There are indeed a few, very rare and very corrupt departments still existing in the United States. However, the spotless record, polygraphs, and intense background investigation required to even be considered for serving as a police officer in every large department in the US just makes the statement a joke.

You know why criminals won't be tazing cops anytime soon? Because they'd rather spend their drug money on guns and shoot them, because they aren't humane, because they dont care if their target lives or dies. Some of you make me sick.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Cops never had tasers before and do not need to have them now, The system of cops having guns has worked fine, tasers are a form of torture and should not be used, Most suspects including moterist will stay in thier car even though they are refusing to be complient with the officer, no the officer instead of shocking the # out of the mosterist for refusing to sign a damn ticket can just call for back up to help them make an arrest even if they have a short scuffle it is better then torturing the driver.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
PCP seems to nullify some of the effects of being tasered, though not completely or in 100% of the cases.

taser.org...

This particular test is actually biased against the TASER® because the vast majority (86% in one study) of the people shot by the TASER® were on the drug PCP. (The TASER® is the Los Angeles Police Department’s weapon of choice for those on PCP, crack, heroin, and mentally deranged lawbreakers.) This extremely dangerous and powerful drug is known to provide users ‘superhuman’ strength. Moreover, PCP can cause individuals to be oblivious to pain. Frequently people on PCP break their own bones without distress and are infamous for their capability to absorb bullets without being instantly incapacitated.

I am not sure, however, that walking around on PCP is a reasonable measure to take against the small probability you will randomly be tasered by police.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist

And supposed he let the woman have her way and not get out of the car. What about the next time? And the time after that?

I ask again. What would you have him do?

CT

Well, I also did not see the video, however, I would not get out of my car for a cop under certain circumstances. Alone, on a dark road, unmarked vehicle with one of those dashboard lights, single cop no partner, etc. My best friend is into serial killer stuff, and I have heard too much from her about people impersonating cops to snatch women. Of course if it were me, I would have rolled up the window and locked the door after telling him I was not getting out til a marked car arrived.

Once you allow yourself to be handcuffed and stuck into someones car, it is far, far too late for you to do anything to save yourself from some sicko.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Trinity on GodlikeProductions.com once posted advice on what to do if tasered. Because there is a delay of a couple of seconds from when the trigger is pulled, you do have a small window of time to escape. What you have to do is break the wires in time with your own bare hands and flee. Do not try and pull the barbs out. But Trinity said you can easily break the wires with your bare hands before the charge is sent down from the trigger moment.

Can't remember the thread on GLP but it was from a couple of years ago. It's funny how we can remember such useless random information!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Is their a way to beat the Taser? Of course, its called DONT BREAK THE LAW.

I have never had a negative encounter with a law enforcement officer, why? Because I dont go around acting like an asshole and purposely breaking laws.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Let me educate you ALL on Tasers (proper spelling) and how they work. As a Taser instructor, I have been tasered and tased many people.

Myths:
1. Tasers kill.
-No they don't. They have never killed anyone, even though the news likes to portray that they do. They have been named as a "contributing factor" in the detah of someone, yet never the cause. In the same breath, if a police officer gets into a fight with a local puke and during the simple fight the guy dies....the OFFICER is a contributing factor in the death. I hope this helps clear up some misconseptions.

2. Tasers / Electricity 101
- It's not the volts that kill you, it's the AMPS! An EMS defibulator machine revs up between 150-400 amperes. The taser has 0.024 amps!! And 50,000 volts is not much. If you get poped by static electricity thats 30,000 volts!!

3. Tasers are NOT a LAST resort. Tasers should be the first...BEFORE goign hadns on with someone. WOudl you rather have someone tasered for 5 seconds or see the cop bash them over and over with a baton?

So, to all you morons that think you know something, DO YOU RESEARCH. This is how people become ignorant....stop smoking drugs and popping pills and read something.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join