It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could there be a way to beat the Taser?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I you wore a anti static braclet or something rubber, or something that grounds you could you beat the Taser? Or even, is it possible to build an immunity to electric shock?! Since it seems this is going to be the way of the future is there any way to beat it?

Please throw down some ideas, I want to hear what you all have to say?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
stephen seagal might know a thing or two about resisting a tazer, but seriously i think the only way would be to wear a rubber vest of some sort

i cant tell if this is a new fad for people to start reporting tazer incidents or if the po po are actually getting a little trigger crazy

if police are indeed starting to use their tazers more often then not, just to scare people then i dont think we should be trying to figure out how to resist the tazer but actually begin fighting back, it may sound crazy but what other choice is there

if electricuting people is how the police are going to force people into submission for excercising free speech etc then it is obvious that we are truly loosing all of our freedoms, and it must be true that a martial law is burrowing its way into existence

if things start getting out of hand, we as the people are going to have to use our numbers to overcome and literally fight back and i mean literally, if they are going to use violence to over come us and beat us into submission then we have to do the same to fight back and repel the literal bullying, because we are a much stronger force

so everyone should start carrying tazers and bear mase, and travel in packs, if you see cops excerting their force unreasonibly over someone whom does not deserve it then i say come right up behind the cops and taze them right in the back of the neck then run like hell, only do it if you are certain all threat will be disabled

if you have a group of people who all unexpectably come behind the cop or cops beating on the unfortunate soul and some how disable them ie. tazer on high power, then you are doing your part in this war on freedom

right now police know people dont do **** all, they know most people would rather not resort to violence, that is why they will be able to effectively take each and everyone of our freedoms away

its time we show all the cops on power trips that we are a force to be reckoned with, its time we show cops that they are not invincible just because they have a badge. they are only humans to

if they are going to treat us unfairly then its about time we do the same to them!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by parry noid

Yes, there is.

Don't get in trouble with the police.... Period!

If you are questioned, remain calm, keep hands in site, don't make any sudden moves or act "weird", just talk to the officer and comply with his orders.

If you are pulled over, keep your hands on the steering wheel unless directedby the officer to make a move, answer all his questions to the best of your ability.

When interacting with the police or authorities in any manner, don't give them a reason to become suspicious.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It completely depends on where your hit.

A correct tazer hit would be in the neck, which knocks people out cold in 1 second flat. So there isn't really any defence against that

But most of the tazers the cops in the US use are the type that fire pins with wires attached to them, the tazer version for people to pussy to get close to a perp.

Those pins can land pritty much anywhere on the body and a solid defence against that doesn't exist. Depending on where your hit, you can learn to endure it (leg, arm, ...) but when getting it in the torso, you have to ride it out and hope the pins don't land in a way that the current goes trough your heart.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I don't think that would be very smart. Because tasering is supposed to be a last resort option. I hate to see what comes next if the taser didn't work.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It's a sad day indeed when we need to formulate ideas that protect us from those that should be protecting us.

But that's the world we live in it seems. I can see this getting like the whole, 'the police get body armour, the gangs get AP rounds' thing again.

The only defence, in my eyes, is stay the hell away from the police and don't give them a reason to taser/beat/arrest you. Of course this isn't all the police, only a small majority, but it's those few that give the rest a bad name.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
HAHAHAHA BEAR MACE!!!
Or even the Jamcian Pepper spray like the one Dog the bounty hunter uses, it's in a can the size of a fire extinguisher!!!!

Check out this movie where he actually uses it, watch how much comes out at a time HAHAHA Pepper Spray the size of a fire extinguisher

Maybe even Taze the crap outta anyone who looks suspicious and beat the cops to it, that'll piss um off.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Depends on the type of taser. My electrician guy says that if you have a high 'body resistance' that being shocked won't really bother you that much. He can grab both ends of a hot housecurrent and not even flinch. He's fooled a lot of his buddies doing this. (he's not a big guy, 5'8, 150lbs).

Otherwise, get a taser, and get a buddy to zap you in the body and see. Might be you're resistant. Lots of vids out on youtube and stuff showing guys and girls playing around tazing. One guy shocks his g/f in the boob and on the face and she yells, but then laughs. FWIW.

(of course house current may be different volts/amps, so not exactly sure if he would also be 'immune' to tazing)

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by thematrix

I believe your facts are in error, man. Tazing current go through the heart? If so there'd be a lot more deaths.

The current zap type of tazers are different than the shot spikes. Here's a vid that might amuse. Cops tazing cops:

Doubt one could resist these types of 'advanced tazers'... :-(

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
immune? ha! no way... check out this video for confirmation:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
harhar, there was a video afterwards I saw called Taser couldn't stop this guy, he aws tasered and you could hear it, he just kept on running. They kept tasering him and nothing happened.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
true... not getting in trouble is the best way to avoid a tazer encounter.. but if your in the wrong place at the wrong time...what do you do? i've thought about this as well... and i think wearing something stab resistence is the best bet.

from most of what i see the shots are always in the chest or stomach...i've never been tazed,and hope i never will be.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
To those who just recommend people to comply with everything police tell you to do. First never resist. and I agree if they are in the right comply. But if they are in the wrong, simply do nothing.

I ask you who believe in full compliance at all times, should India be a free country? Is England Evil? Should the non violent protest of Ghandi have been met with full compliance with Imperial England when England was a democratic non evil entity?

Would you agree to Ghandi and 100 protesters electricuded withering in pain for hours and hours till they had given up their demand for a free country?

Sure we do not live in India, and we are not Ghandi, but if you were in the right, if the police asked you to comply to the new law where you had to give daughters to the elite like in old England would you? , how about sons to go to war in Iran? Would you have the right to simply not comply without resisting?

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
if your quick enough you can carry some small wire cutters and try to just cut the line real quick so it stops or something macguyverish

or buy a taser too and shoot the cop back with your taser also

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
tight knit chainmail over a rubber shirt.... You wouldn't be shocked but it would short out the tazer... Then while stupid cops stand in amazement, beat the sh.. out of them.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rabid Cerebral

revolt doesn't sound crazy it's what our country needs we need to get the people that are in power out our country has been going down hill and it's only going to get worse unless we do something about it

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by parry noid
I you wore a anti static braclet or something rubber, or something that grounds you could you beat the Taser? Or even, is it possible to build an immunity to electric shock?! Since it seems this is going to be the way of the future is there any way to beat it?

You'll probably want to wear a helmet, and some other padding to protect yourself from the baton, after the taser doesn't produce the result that the cop is looking for. Better yet, don't get in situations where you're being confronted by the police. This will mitigate the need to wear rubber suits in public.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Exactly what is it that you want to do that you can't, that causes you to feel the need to protest for your freedoms? You're better off participating in the electoral process, than rioting. Aside from the occasional traffic ticket, I've never had to deal with police, and I don't live on a commune, with buried food and weapons caches. I do what I want without the Man keeping me down, and unless you're causing some sort of disturbance, the likelihood of a confrontation is somewhere around nil.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What if you could construct vest/clothing that Cause the taser to backfire on the user? wouldn't that be groovy . Lets put our minds together on this. who's know maybe enough of us know enough to make one. It may sound far fetched, but if this grows we may need something like that. Ido agree with: don't get into trouble with cops. But that only goes so far, what about this happens at political gathers and public demonstrations. I remember a time when this stuff only happen in third world countries, no wait I don't, I always remember stories of police brutality. I t may be scare but don't be afraid to fight. Stand up for yourself, don't be afraid of over-weight b@st@rds that abuse their authority. Eventually, I Hope that we will come together on this. By the way all this taser talk has distracted me. Wasn't something supposed to happen today?(expired put options in like) - cpNJ

Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Police issue tasers are actually not that powerful when compared to some of the private security available ones.

Withstanding the charge of either a Stun Gun or a Taser can be gotten used to and as stated above, doesn't even effect everyone evenly.

I was once stunned and the current fed back through the device and wound up causing them to drop the offending stun gun.

Body mechanics and mass play large roles with these technologies.
Reaction time follows second.

People have died, so they are a little scary to normal folk, but even blood chemistry plays a role in their effectivness.

I prefer ASP batons in place of electronics.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join