It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Moon

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Does ATS give out annual awards like �The Worlds Worst Thread�? Or �The Thread Too Dumb To Be Believed�? If not, it should. This one would definitely get my vote!! Hands down!!

I thought I had read it all, but Greys? Intercepted payloads? Moon crashing back into the Earth? Alien Moon bases? This is rich !! I�m saving this one to revisit from time to time.

You gotta love it!!! Thanks guys!!

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Originally posted by TheHeggy
But didn't they find that the moon was older than the Earth?

No. What is confusing you is that the oldest rocks found on the moon are older than the oldest rocks found on the Earth. This is because there is no erosion or plate tectonics on the moon to �recycle� the geologic material. Based on the analysis of isotope ratios in moon rocks, the moon is estimated to be about 4.44 billion years old. The oldest rocks found to date (meteorites) indicate that the Earth (which formed at the same time) is about 4.56 billion years old.

pasadena.wr.usgs.gov...

Ah. My bad
I bet that's how much of these ideas get started, by not hearing something correctly.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
According to the Department of Energy at www.newton.dep.anl.gov... , no one knows the age of the moon. Scientists are divided as to how it came about, whether is was once part of the earth or whether it was a body captured by the earth's gravity.

Would some Bible Code expert check this out?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The "Big Splat" theory is relatively new, only a few years old and consequently it hasn't made its way around yet. But it is gaining ground with many scientists.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Codemaster_01
According to the Department of Energy at www.newton.dep.anl.gov... , no one knows the age of the moon. Scientists are divided as to how it came about, whether is was once part of the earth or whether it was a body captured by the earth's gravity.

Would some Bible Code expert check this out?

Why in the world would the bible code be revealing? That is such a non sequitor I have to beleive you intended it as a joke.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

- Scientists have determined the moon is around 5.3 billion years old where as our solar sys- Scientists have determined the moon is around 5.3 billion years old where as our solar system is only around 4.3 billion years old.
- Strange anomalies have been spotted on the moon i.e. Pyramids, Strange Bridges.
- A crashed meteorite set of shock waves which lasted nearly and hour suggesting that the moon may be hollow.
- The moons orbit suggests that it was artificially placed there (one side always faces the earth and its just the right size to produce eclipses
- Ancient text indicates there was know moon previously.

....and there are more, could this indicate that the moon was artificially placed or are all these facts just misleading. Your opinions please.
tem is only around 4.3 billion years old.

WHat can i say?...

You have been doing your homework Very well

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I was unaware there were any bridges or pyramids on the moon. Or any other anomoly for that matter.

Seeing how the moons surface is easily viewd through a telescop, I wonder why others have not seen these anomalies too.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
www.mufor.org...
just some pictures of the moon that show structures, bridges, spires etc. as well as some controversal lunar landing photos.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

Image was never a leak...

But it does match up nicely.
www.app172.100megsfree5.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by LadyV
I read some place that when we landed on the moon, there were x amount of minutes that there was an "echo sound" from the landing as if they had hit a hollow spot? Heck anything is possible...I dunno....sounds really "out there" though!

You know the more I think about this I doubt its credibility. I don�t think a noise can be heard in space, with no air to transmit the sound waves there would be only silence. So I doubt the echo story is true.

Sound travels as a wave, just as light does. And we all know that light travels through space. To be totally honest, sound travels faster through solid objects than through air.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
O.k. This link, which many of you may have already seen, has a video which goes over evidence that the whole moon landing was staged like a hollywood movie.

heres the deal, I believe that perhaps we have truly been to the moon and further, a long time ago...I think the technology is more advanced then what they are letting on.

Then why the fake footage...knowledge is power, control the info...control the people.

Anyway, regardless, its a fun video to watch.

Gods peace

dAlen

www.thule.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
hey, when you guys say you heard or read about the moon base thing. where did you get that info? link?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HARAK
Scientists have determined the moon is around 5.3 billion years old where as our solar sys- Scientists have determined the moon is around 5.3 billion years old where as our solar system is only around 4.3 billion years old.

Actually that is backward. The Earth is 5.3 ant the moon is around 4.5 billion years old.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm going to stay open minded on this topic, BUT I do wish people would stop using "isn't it a coincidence the same side of the moon always faces the earth and its moves in a nice ecliptical orbit" as part proof that it is artificial. What they are describing is perfectly normal behaviour for a moon, and as for the orbital pattern, you can see that duplicated tens of times on other planets.

Another point which I find hard to swallow is the "they hit it and it sounded like a bell" theory. Sound doesn't travel in space, and even if it did, what you're saying is that they were sitting there with a lil microphone the moment the moon was hit to record the sound, which stretches the imagination a little bit too.

I think if we analysed the material in the asteroid belt (the proper name for it alludes me) we would probably have our answer where the earth & moon came from. (The earth, moon & material in the asteroid belt were once a big arse asteriod, and a decent sized planet that got obliterated or something along those lines). We have the physics to explain how the moon has it's current orbit, so there would be no mystery left to solve.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbil
First, the Earth is 4.8 Billion years old.
The moon is 4.4 billion years old
The moon was created via a comission between a large planetoid (Orpheus) and the Earth some 4.5 billion years ago
There are no, let me repeat that NO strange or odd structures on the moon or on mars. Period. If anyone claims there are, I would very much like to see the proof (apart from retouched, blurry, or doctored photo's, heresay, and anecdotal stories).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, prouve me what you say. chapo

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think this thread has been very enjoyable and i have learnt a lot about the moon.

To every one that has researched the information contained in this thread......thank you.

But please keep it real!

Regards Boondog

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I once saw a geocities site that talked about a story A young man went to meet this old goverment agent who claimed the moon was put up into orbit in 1919 anyone ever hear of this? And I thought these claims were crazy

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electron
I would like your opinions on the following:

- Scientists have determined the moon is around 5.3 billion years old where as our solar system is only around 4.3 billion years old.
- Strange anomalies have been spotted on the moon i.e. Pyramids, Strange Bridges.
- A crashed meteorite set of shock waves which lasted nearly and hour suggesting that the moon may be hollow.
- The moons orbit suggests that it was artificially placed there (one side always faces the earth and its just the right size to produce eclipses
- Ancient text indicates there was know moon previously.

....and there are more, could this indicate that the moon was artificially placed or are all these facts just misleading. Your opinions please.

Do you actually have proof of any of these things? I've heard that the moon is actually a chunk of earth that blew off from some sort of meteorite, which would rule out your whole 5.3 Billion year old moon idea. Next, I have never heard any story or evidence of people seeing pyramids and such on the moon, unless the man on the moon is learning carpentry
. Next, the moon is definetely not hollow. I have never heard anything about this, and according to the belief that the moon came from a chunk of earth (which has been substantiated, since we have drilled down into the moon and the core of the moon is made of the same metals and rocks as the earth's core) so if the moon were hollow, then there would be no way that we could drill through it, or we might fall into it and our astronauts would be stuck inside a gigantic gerbil's ball. Next, I know someone else earlier has said this too, but the reason only one side of the moon always faces us is because the time it takes to rotate on its axis, and revolve around Earth is the same amount of time. And lastly, I also have never heard of these ancient writings, talking about no moon. Maybe they didn't mention a moon, but if you have evidence of writings saying "there is no moon right now" then please send them.

All in all, I would have to say that these "facts" are very misleading. In that case you can't really argue that the moon was artificially placed.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OniShiro
I think the moon is a spaceship, an interstellar noah's ark from a very ancient alien species that came to earth a very long time ago since it's planet was dying.

It's hollow, but not completelly hollow, it's filled with machinery, that's the reason for the density and gravity of the moon.

you are exactly correct ,maybe alittle less on the dying planet thing but youre still right

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by suddismone2

Originally posted by OniShiro
I think the moon is a spaceship, an interstellar noah's ark from a very ancient alien species that came to earth a very long time ago since it's planet was dying.

It's hollow, but not completelly hollow, it's filled with machinery, that's the reason for the density and gravity of the moon.

you are exactly correct ,maybe alittle less on the dying planet thing but youre still right

Are you talking about the moon or the death star from the star wars films ?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join