It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Moon

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
i think the moon being just the right size for the solar eclipse is very strange. to think if our moon was half its size then we wouldn't have solar eclipses. also the fact that it is placed in the perfect spot so it does block the whole sun sometimes is also very strange. hmmmmmmmmmmm

Dude - the Moon was once much closer to Earth, and when it was, it played that much havoc with the Earths tides (Tsunami's Miles High) that life as we know it today was impossible.

The Moon also moves away from the Earth (as it has done for millions of years) at a rate of 4cm a year. Science knows this as fact because they measure the distance by pinging a laser off a reflector dish that was placed there by one of the Apollo Missions.

We are just lucky to live in a time when the Moons distance from the Earth & the Sun (combined with it's diameter) is exactly right to produce a Total Eclipse. And hence, it won't always be this way.

--------------------------------------------------

As a general statement, I love how many people here say they know it's artificial or they know there are Alien Bases.. LOL!

Really?

How could you know when all this stuff comes from unsubstantiated sources, innuendo, paranoia and rumor? May I add a few Snake Oil Salesmen wishing to make money by printing books that only the gullible buy?

That's some pretty shaky ground your on there people.

Gimme a break!

The more far-out your theory is, the less likely it is to be true!

... and let me guess, because I require real physical proof for all those Unsubstantiated Rumors, I am ignorant right!

LOL!

If so - then I'll happily wear that as a badge of honor!

[edit on 13/3/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Im all for the artificial moon theory...but then again, maybe the earth is artificial...suppose by what terms does something become artificial. Something made the earth even if it was an accident.

But I like the theory...also there is talk of two moons and one was destroyed.
Could be as well. So much we really dont know. We hardly know anything at all...just the propaganda fed to us to be busy ants...(speaking of ants...)

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 13-3-2008 by dAlen]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
www.rense.com...
This has a number of interesting sites to follow on and all have interesting info about the moon.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
To get the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, you will need to whip up some of that "truth serum" that the govt. uses on people, and somehow snatch up an old astronaut, and then you will have the TRUTH,( that is if they weren't lying about the truth serum....)!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by aquamelda

If you really think your government would tell you if they found evidence of such anomalies I find pity in you, and hope that one day you may Wake Up and think for your self. We've never been alone in this universe, we have been closely observed, and sometimes even aided when we have needed it.

I don't agree or disagree with the rest of your post, however I firmly agree with the part quoted above.

I first became aware of the Artificial Moon Theory thru “Alien Agenda” by Jim Marrs. I was discussing it with a friend who said, “You know what that makes us, someone’s science project!”
Mr. Marrs now has a forum on this site; perhaps someone with enough points would be so kind as to ask him for links to the info in his book.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I've heard many state that the moon is and isn't hollow. Here are the links I looked into:

Wikipedia - Spaceship Moon Theory
Wikipedia - Hollow Moon
Other Websites From Search Results

Scientific fact claims the moon isn't hollow because of its size, density, and gravitational pull.

If we can send satellites into space and have them take pictures while constantly facing our earth and flying in our orbit, who's to say that extraterrestrial life wouldn't be able to do the same? - especially since their technology seems to be far more advanced than our own. Besides, take a look at other planets with moons, some of them even have multiple ones.

I'm not saying I believe the moon is hollow, but I believe it could be a possibility that aliens use the moon for some sort of base.

[edit on 3/14/2008 by xAmberxLeahx]

[edit on 3/14/2008 by xAmberxLeahx]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Will try to find the links later if any one want then, but I am on my way out to work. Two things I read.
1. Although it said there wasn’t much radiation in the belt, it’s a hell of a lot more then an x-ray. They only had a few layer of thin protection. Yet you get an x-ray done, and the dr not only stands in a different room .But also wears a protection of a lead apron.
2. I also read that Neil Armstrong stated, “That they had meet other life up there and were told in no uncertain terms not to go back to the moon “. Funny thing is they never did.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Interesting read from a few years ago, seems like more ATS folks now are willing to accept questions we have about the Moon/Nasa in '08. than back in the day, eating up each word as truth. Live and learn.

As a side note, many at NASA at the time were worried about the few billion years or so of cosmic dust collecting on the moon. Would Armstrong and module just sink into the dust like it should...opps, looks like just a half-inch or so...like Grandma's cabin....

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
i would imagine the moon was not born of this solar system because of the fact theres space debris everywhere up there and coming into this solor system just look @the amount of impact crators on the moon and mars and planets with not atmos, the moon probly formed over millions of years due to this fact, other moons will mostly be older than the planet it orbits also its impossible for moons to form from the same matirial as the planit it orbits, because of the simple maths of gravity says it would have all stuck together in the same lump mass, this is the reason why NOT all planets have a moon it ocurs after the formation of a planet, and gets trapped in an orbit and grows in mass like particals sticking together, the bigger the planet the more moon plus the size of the moons, this is evident all over are solorsystem,

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
To answer your question in part, I believe that the Moon is artificial, at least that there is an outer shell attached to an asteriod, rich in say something like titanium and other useful elements,
Classic Greek writings, I believe, refer to a race of people known as Proselenians,[before the Moon] also, in the Anglo Saxon Chronicles, is an entry that states,'this night were seen two moons in the sky' during a period when it also stated that 'a man on horseback could ride to France[from England].
I also think it's possible that Mercury was the second 'Moon' [a sister ship]also known as the messenger of the gods.
These are simply my thoughts, so no silly demands for links and videos.
As for why the Moon does not appear to turn, it's surely because the internal mass is nearest the Earth. I'm not aware of Mercury's characteristics regarding it's motion, so clearly I cannot speculate as to it's structure/density.
There is much more that could be said regarding the Moon, and it's artificiality.
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Wow. People need to think about this. Nasa is part of the government. we all know how the government spits out one big lie no matter what the issue is. And do you believe everything you read in textbooks? Do you really think they would tell us that there were bases and another moon? No, because they are convinced the world would panic if there was ever ANY evidence of stuff like that. We're not alone and I think theres enough evidence pointing to the possibility that people should stop holding onto their standard beliefs just because its what they've been told by the higher ups since they were born.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SpockO_o

Bush will not be president at the time we land on the moon again. And it is absurd to think that we would even attempt to go to war with an Alien race. But, I guess you never know about our government.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
watch this video which touches on the artificiality of the moon:

video.google.com...

gwen from intoxicatedzodiac.com

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Electron

the moon is an alien base(not solid)..i forgot where it was towed from,Alpha Draconis? Zetas?

not a one liner

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Originally posted by KrazyIvan
"the moon came from something the size of mars hitting the earth while the earth was still a molten blob. the debris flew off the planet and got caught in its orbit. slowly the moon will make it's way back to the earth whence it came i.e. smashing back into the planet"

That is a widely accepted theory at present, but the problem is this: Moon rocks that have been examined after various moon landings have proven to be far older than any Earth rock ever examined. If the moon was merely fragments of our Earth, it would be the same age, no? This makes it arguable that the moon had a bit of an existence somewhere else before it took its place orbiting the earth.

ALSO, the theory that it miraculously FELL into orbit around the Earth is filled with holes. The chances of that happening are almost impossible. It would have been hard enough for it to pass by all the other planets and the sun just to hit the PERFECT location to begin orbiting Earth; but should it have made it that far, it would not have been able to slow enough to enter into gentle orbit -- it would have just gone barreling right into the Earth!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electron
I would like your opinions on the following:

- Scientists have determined the moon is around 5.3 billion years old where as our solar system is only around 4.3 billion years old.
- Strange anomalies have been spotted on the moon i.e. Pyramids, Strange Bridges.
- A crashed meteorite set of shock waves which lasted nearly and hour suggesting that the moon may be hollow.
- The moons orbit suggests that it was artificially placed there (one side always faces the earth and its just the right size to produce eclipses
- Ancient text indicates there was know moon previously.

....and there are more, could this indicate that the moon was artificially placed or are all these facts just misleading. Your opinions please.

Something that is "suggesting" can't be considered a "fact", so these are not facts but speculations at best and as such are very, very questionable. The whole theory that is.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

As a general statement, I love how many people here say they know it's artificial or they know there are Alien Bases.. LOL!

Really?

How could you know when all this stuff comes from unsubstantiated sources, innuendo, paranoia and rumor? May I add a few Snake Oil Salesmen wishing to make money by printing books that only the gullible buy?

I know because I was born on the moon base. Me and my people will rule you puny earthlings.

OK now that I got that out of my system, you are exactly right even with the missions to the moon, the moon is still, for the most part, a mystery to us.

How could we know more about distant surfaces of surrounding planets and moons when our own planet is still, for the most part, a mystery to us. Yet you see so many comments about how there is definately a colony on the moon, or how the moon must be hollow. Until there is proof of this, which I think would be realy interesting to find out, such statements are just speculation.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarrierAnomaly
You poor guy... hopes and dreams dashed! Who's seen the new(er) movie based on the Time Machine? The moon crashed into Earth a little, and then went back up!
Amazing! Suspension of disbelief at its finest.
Decent movie though.

WOW thank you ! I've been trying to remember what movie I saw that in forever now !! ::horray::

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
the moon came from something the size of mars hitting the earth while the earth was still a molten blob. the debris flew off the planet and got caught in its orbit. slowly the moon will make it's way back to the earth whence it came i.e. smashing back into the planet

Yeah, that's why the moon is moving away from the earth every year.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join