It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Moon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981
after reading this post, i've noticed that most of the people who have replyed, simply criticize his theory and really offer nothing to the readers original concern.

I think there is something on the far side of the moon that the government doesn't want us to know about, that we can't see, that the apollo astronauts did run in to. I wouldn't say the moon is hollow, not at all. I would say the composition of the moon is of extreme interest to alien species due to the fact that Helium-3 is very abudent there. There hardly any on earth.

Helium-3 is very useful for fusion (fuel - propulsion?), of which their machines and aircraft utilize possibly.

The picture of the huge monolith on the moons surface is scary. We will never find out.

Either that, or its just really dark and there's nothing to see.

Duh seriously there are no alien bases on the moon! It's the Death Star! It just a little dusty since the last time it was used was like way back in star wars the return of the jedi.....

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morrison
we can't get past the van allen radiation belts in the PRESENT time and we supposedly did it in 1969 to reach the moon and have the men still alive in their older years in perfect health?

Whoa.

Dark Side of the Moon

Yes, We Really Did Go to the Moon!

Van Allen Belt?

How is it possible for manned space flights to survive the effects of the Van Allen Radiation Belt?

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I read some place that when we landed on the moon, there were x amount of minutes that there was an "echo sound" from the landing as if they had hit a hollow spot? Heck anything is possible...I dunno....sounds really "out there" though!

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
If the story is true they may have landed on some type of ringing rock. While scientists don�t fully understand why these rocks ring they aren�t all that uncommon and can be found all around the world.

Stones do not usually ring, but when these particular stones are struck lightly with a hammer, they will vibrate and make a sound not unlike that of a bell. Why they do this is still a mystery to science. The rocks themselves are composed of diabase, the same type of rock that makes up most the earth's crust.

www.unmuseum.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I read some place that when we landed on the moon, there were x amount of minutes that there was an "echo sound" from the landing as if they had hit a hollow spot? Heck anything is possible...I dunno....sounds really "out there" though!

You know the more I think about this I doubt its credibility. I don�t think a noise can be heard in space, with no air to transmit the sound waves there would be only silence. So I doubt the echo story is true.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Here is a good description of the Big Splat theory.

Here is a cool site on the moon.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electron
I read in different sources that one of the rockets going to the moon was carrying a small nuclear payload to test seismic activity on the moon but a UFO intercepted the rocket and disabled some equipment as to prevent the rocket from using it payload and that the crew barely made it back on earth. I don't know if this is true that�s why I�m posting about the moon to see if anyone has heard of these things.

Electron, it was not, if we are talking about the same story and if the sources from which I heard it were absolutely valid, a rocket but an intercontinental balistic missile (no crew onboard) that left from Vandenberg AFB. Professor Robert Jacobs was in the team that filmed the event and reported that the missile was disabled and went down back to earth after it received multiple lightbeam hits from an unknown objet. The object was apparently agile because it hit the missile from different angles which means that it was able to match its speed and maneuver around it very quickly.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RivyBeAsT

Originally posted by Murcielago

Originally posted by kode
It could be that the shadow governments have come to some arrangement with the aliens to allow us to build a base on the moon. Does anyone know where on the moon they plan to build the base? Is it on the darkside/farside?

If there were an alien base on the other side of the moon then the reason it has not been mentioned would be because they just don�t want us to know about it. There is only a very small minority who have access to all the information and it could be easily kept secret.

No, it will be built in a area where its allways sunny, so the solar panels work there best.

and as many of people have said the earth is going away from earth. 1 inch every year. You might be asking how do you know that? Simple went the apollo astranauts landed they did bring some scientific gear with them and one of them was a laser measuring device that is still on the moon powered by solar panels, and its still working today, so over time we've figured out that its moving away from us 1 inch a year.

Holy crap... I can't believe the lack of knowledge concerning our own moon and the scientific instruments placed there by the Apollo missions.

First, the 'darkside' of the moon is only called that because we can't see it from the surface of the Earth. It receives light from the sun just as much as the side facing us.

Second, the 'laser measuring device powered by solar cells' is a MIRROR and it is NOT powered by solar cells. There were many scientific devices placed there that were powered by solar panels. None of them are operational today. (except the passive, non powered mirror)

we can't get past the van allen radiation belts in the PRESENT time and we supposedly did it in 1969 to reach the moon and have the men still alive in their older years in perfect health?

It's not a brick wall for crying out loud. It's just a collection of protons generated by cosmic rays (positive ions) bouncing off Earth's atmosphere and getting trapped in the Earth's magnetic field. It was just dangerous for the short time the astronauts were passing through it. Once you pass through it, the normal background radiation is quite survivable for short periods of time.

Thank you for being a voice of rationality. I have to think that most people who posted such unsceintific sillyness were just having fun. NO one could be that ignorant of science.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
here's a link to the eleven things that NASA discovered about the moon that we never knew. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread.

home1.gte.net...

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbil
Thank you for being a voice of rationality. I have to think that most people who posted such unsceintific sillyness were just having fun. NO one could be that ignorant of science.

Want to bet?

Just read any of the threads about the so called moon hoax, Chemtrails, or the WTC collapse and you will see plenty of examples of scientific ignorance.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

lady v pondered:

and similarly kinglizard saidf
You know the more I think about this I doubt its credibility. I don�t think a noise can be heard in space, with no air to transmit the sound waves there would be only silence. So I doubt the echo story is true.

The 'echo' they heard would've been seismic waves. They didn't mean that it 'rang like a bell' or whatever -like- a normal bell, they mean that the 'shockwaves' of the impact (from some jettisoned part of the rocket or whatever it was) traveled thru the rock.

When there is an earthquake, this is how the epicenter is determined. Here is a page about seismic waves:
www.geo.mtu.edu...

here is one on seismographs and locating earthquake epicenters:
makeashorterlink.com...

and here is one that, while it has some pics missing, does have a nice diagram showing these waves moving thru the earth in cross section
makeashorterlink.com...

The waves can refelect of different materials in different ways. They can even be used to detail specific geologic structures within the earth. Oil Companies do this constantly, its, well, how they find oil.

These seismic monitoring stations are set up all over the planet. They have even been used to detect secret underground/onground nuclear tests. The explosions send these waves from one end of the planet to the other. The 'epicenter' can be found, and then one could look to see if there were reports of earthquakes in, say, siberia, or inner mongolia. If not, well, that'd indicate the the governements there were testing their nukes.

later on kinglizard asked:

If the story is true they may have landed on some type of ringing rock. While scientists don�t fully understand why these rocks ring they aren�t all that uncommon and can be found all around the world.

I recall that these rocks are thought to have this ringing property because, upon weathering, the outmost 'shell'/layer/exposed portion, and I am a little fuzzy on this, hardens, looses volume, and compresses then inner material (which, not being exposed, is weathering or undergoing any sort of alteration) and that its this 'tightening' that allows them to ring.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I believe there was speculation about the moons of Mars (Ios, and Phobos... Not sure about the spelling).

I can't remember any links though, I'll post some in a bit.

I've also heard several theories that the moon was artificial. The fact that the Earth could "catch" the moon in it's gravitational pull so precisely is a bit..... Against the odds.

For all we know, some other intelligence put it in our orbit for some unknown reason. This isn't to say the the entire moon is artificial, because they could have ripped the moon from some other planet's orbit and moved it..... And then hollowed various portions of it out as a means to have a base.

Sounds crazy, but not altogether impossible.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
according to swerdlow, the greys have bases on the dark side of the moon, and there is a SECOND moon behind the one we see! brave statements! who knows?

Woaa... a second moon? Creepy. I've heard of aliens having bases on the dark side of the moon... but never heard of another moon.
As for it being hollow, thats new to me as well.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The moon is not hollow; there is no evidence to support the proposition that it is hollow. In fact the known mass of the moon proves that it is in fact solid.

As for the idea that there is second moon (lets call it $moon.2) directly behind the moon, well that is pretty silly as well.

There are what are called Lagrange points. These are points in a two body system where a particle can theoretically achieve a �stable� orbit. Point L2 is in fact on the opposite side of the moon. However, the stability of the L2 point is only temporary and regular orbital corrections would be required to maintain an object in orbit at this point. Furthermore, if the object is massive enough, its own mass will disturb the balance of forces required to create the Lagrange point.

It is impossible for any massive object to maintain a stable orbit at any other distance as described.

Think about it this way. In order to always keep the Earth�s moon between it and the Earth, $mmon.2 would have to have an orbital speed greater than that of the moon itself. In other words, if $moon.2 were twice the distance of the moon to earth, then $moon.2 would have to cover twice the distance (assuming a perfectly circular orbit) in the same amount of time. However, if $moon.2 were twice as far from the earth and the moon, then the Earth�s gravitational pull on $moon.2 would be one quarter the force exerted on the moon (it is an inverse square law relationship). So now we have an object, $moon.2, that is going twice as fast as the moon, against a gravitational pull that that is 25%of the moon. This is not a stable orbit. $moon.2 would fly off into space.

Please note, that the analysis above is highly simplified. It doesn�t take the sun�s effects into account. In any event the idea of a second moon is just plain silly. It might have worked in a 1950�s era science fiction novel, but it just doesn�t cut it now.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheHeggy
I've also heard several theories that the moon was artificial. The fact that the Earth could "catch" the moon in it's gravitational pull so precisely is a bit..... Against the odds.

The current theory is that the Earth did not �catch� the moon, rather the Earth and another planetoid were formed in the solar system concurrently at about the same distance from the sun. in fact there is speculation that the second planetoid formed in one of the Lagrange points between the Earth and the sun. At any rate the process of accretion eventually brought those two bodies together in a collision that spawned the moon.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The 'echo' they heard would've been seismic waves. They didn't mean that it 'rang like a bell' or whatever -like- a normal bell, they mean that the 'shockwaves' of the impact (from some jettisoned part of the rocket or whatever it was) traveled thru the rock.

So now the theory is that they didn�t hear an echo but they felt a vibration?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

The current theory is that the Earth did not �catch� the moon, rather the Earth and another planetoid were formed in the solar system concurrently at about the same distance from the sun. in fact there is speculation that the second planetoid formed in one of the Lagrange points between the Earth and the sun. At any rate the process of accretion eventually brought those two bodies together in a collision that spawned the moon.

But didn't they find that the moon was older than the Earth?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

But didn't they find that the moon was older than the Earth?

No. What is confusing you is that the oldest rocks found on the moon are older than the oldest rocks found on the Earth. This is because there is no erosion or plate tectonics on the moon to �recycle� the geologic material. Based on the analysis of isotope ratios in moon rocks, the moon is estimated to be about 4.44 billion years old. The oldest rocks found to date (meteorites) indicate that the Earth (which formed at the same time) is about 4.56 billion years old.

pasadena.wr.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by Nygdan

So now the theory is that they didn�t hear an echo but they felt a vibration?

Its not 'now'. They never said that they 'heard', like when one hears a bell (ie with your ears) any sound. They're in space. The 'rang like a bell' almost certainly reffered to seismic waves reverberating throughout the planet.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I believe there was speculation about the moons of Mars (Ios, and Phobos... Not sure about the spelling).

The moons of Mars are called Deimos and Phobos, meaning panic and fear. Io is a moon of Jupiter.

Anyway, the whole Van Allen radiation belt thing is really dumb as an arguement we never landed on the moon. The Russians, who beat us into space twice befpre we made the moon landing, didnt have too much difficulty getting past it. The tiny amount of time you spend in the radiation belt is so brief, that with proper protection, you barely interact with it at all. You simply zip through too fast.

Nor is it impossible for our moon to have been trapped by earths gravity. The moon is smaller, and weightwise, weighs less per square foot than earth, because the material the moon is made of is lighter. Add to that, the moon does not posses a core of molten iron and is very dense, and its not implausible at all.

I simply dont buy into the idea of the moon as an alien base built for that purpose.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join