It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Speech

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSRules
Colonel,
I don't agree with you much...but I agree on the illegal issue being a form of slavery.....
...Now to where we will disagree...I don't believe illegals have any rights. To many people try to come here legally and get turned away, but lets grant these illegals work permits...BS!!!!!

True..too true. I feel that illegals have basic human rights as we all do but driver's licenses, health care, work permits. I think this is going to far.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
for once, I think I agree w/ Colonel.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Stranger things have happened.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Indeed. I fear the Democrat plan would be worse and I am also hoping the GOP controlled house and senate stops this.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Come 9:00 PM EST, I was glued to my seat. I think the jabs at the Democrooks were funny and on point. However, the speech -overall- was weak. I thought that it would be a little more bold being that it's the day after the Iowa Caucus.

Key points of the speech:

"For diplomacy to be effective, words must be credible - and no one can now doubt the word of America." In other words, no more beating around the bush (no pun intended). Your arse will get bombed. Kadafi and Iran are prime examples of how this works. Now Syria is slowly becoming surrounded by what they call "traitors."

"That statute protects marriage under federal law as the union of a man and a woman, and declares that one state may not redefine marriage for other states." In other words, Bean Town had better chill with pushing the gay marriage issue because it's gonna get swat the funk down.

Better Healthcare for senior citizens! It still has a long arse way to go, but at least it's in the works. And I doubt the Bush administration will be around when it's fully corrected.

"No child left behind..." While this plan sounds good on paper, I've yet to see any credible evidence that it's actually working yet. I know for a fact that it's not working here in FLORIDA. Gray Davis could run this state better than Jeb.

"The pace of economic growth in the third quarter of 2003 was the fastest in nearly 20 years." Whether Liberal Bush-haters like it or not, this is a FACT. This is an incredible accomplishment for an administration that lived through one of this country's hardest times. Big ups to the people working behind the scenes at the White House for stimulating the economy. And I know some of you folks are going to say, "We need more jobs. Employment isn't up where it should be." Welp, as you know the government doesn't create jobs. The private sector does. The White House is not responsible for whether your Uncle Bob has a job or not.

you just know he's got something up his sleeve for his campaign.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by CSRules
Colonel,
I don't agree with you much...but I agree on the illegal issue being a form of slavery.....
...Now to where we will disagree...I don't believe illegals have any rights. To many people try to come here legally and get turned away, but lets grant these illegals work permits...BS!!!!!

True..too true. I feel that illegals have basic human rights as we all do but driver's licenses, health care, work permits. I think this is going to far.

Colonel,
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with you 100%. Who knows...maybe there is a happy medium for everyone out there somewhere.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kramtronix

Key points of the speech:

"For diplomacy to be effective, words must be credible - and no one can now doubt the word of America." Why is ity that about 50% of his speech was talking about killing people? (9-9:30)

"That statute protects marriage under federal law as the union of a man and a woman, and declares that one state may not redefine marriage for other states."
I guess Bush never read the Full Faith and Credit Clause which goes to States.

Better Healthcare Yeah, like Canada right? We "could've" had that but for Bush and his pharmecutical friends.

"No child left behind..." This is just crap.

"The pace of economic growth in the third quarter of 2003 was the fastest in nearly 20 years." Whether Liberal Bush-haters like it or not, this is a FACT. This is an incredible accomplishment for an administration that lived through one of this country's hardest times. Big ups to the people working behind the scenes at the White House for stimulating the economy. And I know some of you folks are going to say, "We need more jobs. Employment isn't up where it should be." Welp, as you know the government doesn't create jobs. The private sector does. The White House is not responsible for whether your Uncle Bob has a job or not.

Clinton created 3 million jobs in his time.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   

We also have the new legalized slavery!

With that new immigration plan, companies can now pay aliens pennies on the dollar to pick cotton or oranges or whatever for 3 years! Just like indentured servitude! YEAH! Isn't this great?

But, I just realized. As Bush said, we need to reflect our values.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Why is ity that about 50% of his speech was talking about killing people? (9-9:30)

That would PROBABLY have something to do with the fact that a few thousand of our brothers and sisters are in Iraq right now.

And if you got a 30 minute death speech out of that, then you shouldn't be the moderator of a forum who's slogan is "Deny Ignorance."

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

That would PROBABLY have something to do with the fact that a few thousand of our brothers and sisters are in Iraq right now.

Yes, and please REMIND me WHY they are there and WHO sent them there?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
OK, here's a few things I noticed during his speech:

There was appalause when he mentioned that the patriot act would expire in a year.

He said that we nee to get the most dangerous weapons out of the hands of the most dangerous regimes. (I think this means that he's getting rid of the US's WMDs)

He stated that the military needs resources (Why the pay cut them Dubya?)

He has taken steps to eliminate the "Death" tax (This is actually an estate tax and effects the wealthy most)

He claims the economy is growing stronger (when you get as low as you can, up is the only direction you can go.)

He said that Lybia is better off and far more secure without it's WMDs (I'm not too sure but, I think this actually makes them more vunerable)

And I saw a crooked smirk on Boss Cheney's face the whole time.

All and all, I would have to say that it was 60 minutes of grade A bull plop from a liar.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

Yes, and please REMIND me WHY they are there and WHO sent them there?

Inadvertantly, the Clinton administration did. See, this is where Slick Willy's lack of foreign policy comes in to play. When the UN inspectors were virtually thrown out on their arsecheeks, there should have been some strong-arm tactics. Or at least more than empty threats to the UN, who was practically aiding the man in his defiance.

Face it, that Sodomy Insane guy along with that entire region took us for a joke. Clinton was so concerned with getting his face on TV and in the oval office for another term, he totally ignored what was brewing in the middle east. They under estimated us, and rightfully so! What do you think Bush meant when he said, "For diplomacy to be effective, words must be credible - and no one can now doubt the word of America."

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Inadvertantly, the Clinton administration did. See, this is where Slick Willy's lack of foreign policy comes in to play. When the UN inspectors were virtually thrown out on their arsecheeks, there should have been some strong-arm tactics. Or at least more than empty threats to the UN, who was practically aiding the man in his defiance.

Face it, that Sodomy Insane guy along with that entire region took us for a joke. Clinton was so concerned with getting his face on TV and in the oval office for another term, he totally ignored what was brewing in the middle east. They under estimated us, and rightfully so! What do you think Bush meant when he said, "For diplomacy to be effective, words must be credible - and no one can now doubt the word of America."

So how was it Clintons doing? The inspectors didn't find any WMDs. Bush said that there was proof that they had WMDs. The inspectors went back, still nothing. Bush said that there was proof they had them and we need to invade. The US invaded. No WMDs have been found. Bush lied, Thousands died. It wasn't Clintons fault.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
So how was it Clintons doing? The inspectors didn't find any WMDs. Bush said that there was proof that they had WMDs. The inspectors went back, still nothing. Bush said that there was proof they had them and we need to invade. The US invaded. No WMDs have been found. Bush lied, Thousands died. It wasn't Clintons fault.

And don't forget, what was the final avoid-war ultimatum given? "Let the inspectors back in! Let them search!" So SADDAM DID, only to have Bush give THE INSPECTORS an ultimatum: get out or get bombed.

Setting aside the mounting evidence that Bush and his cronies had a special place for Saddam's head on the wall all designated before they had even settled into office, the WORST part of this speech was how he tied everything back into 9-11. News to Bush: NOT EVERYTHING IS RELATED TO 9-11!

I realize that's the only time of personal success that he can point to (yes, I do think that he did a good job of handling the nation during the time of crisis), but gimme a break already!

Oh, and the two wars? Which one can be pointed to as a budding success? (Afghanistan). Which one is a miserable failure?!? (Iraq). Coincidentally, which president is responsible for the military force that hit Afghanistan? (hint: it's not Bush!). Bush's military got displayed in full force in -- you guessed it -- Iraq!

But what can you expect from someone who illegally pulled strings to avoid Vietnam, and then went AWOL altogether

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Some "logic" of the speech that I particularly enjoyed:

a) We're going to halve the deficit in five years.
b) We're going to make permanent the tax cuts, and pass new cuts.
c) We're going to institute new programs (which cost money).

How in the world is this argument self-consistent?

Oh right, Bush has never met anyone who has ever worried a day in his life about money. It's always there for him; why isn't it for you?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminneman
a) We're going to halve the deficit in five years.

It's going to take him longer to fix than it did to make. He seems pretty confident about winning or stealing the next election.

[Edited on 1/21/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Obviously you didn't really read the post beyond my opening. Please try again.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Once again, the repgunants go bakc to their fail-safe, knee-jerk answer. Its Clinton's fault. DOn't you get tired of blaming Clinton for everything?

"Oh, Saddam runs Iraq. Its Clinton's fault. Oh, it looks cloudy today. Must be Clinotn's fault. Damn, its raining. Where's Clinton?" I stubbed my toe. That damn CLinton."

If not Clinton then its Hillary.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hey, did anyone feel like they were watchng a Nazi Party Rally when Bush was talking about the Patriot Act?

And what's the deal with steroids! What does that have to do with anything!

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Once again, the repgunants go bakc to their fail-safe, knee-jerk answer. Its Clinton's fault. DOn't you get tired of blaming Clinton for everything?

It's the same reason you never get tired of blaming Bush. You're blind and can't see past your own party lines. Like I said, Republicans don't ruin America, and neither do Democrats. You dumbass extremists do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join