It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Speech

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I predict tonight that Bush will appeal to the lowesdt common denominator in the American people, his core base of repugnants. He will gay bash subtly by talking about healthy marriages. He will call on God. Lie about job growth. Lie about iraqi liberation while we murder more Iraqis and lie about the economy. Talk about bringing in the racist Charles Pickering as judge for the racist part of the repugnant party. Oh, and don't ferget that we "could be attacked by terrorists."

He needs to get back to the base of his party for support which are the bigots, racists, elitists, homophobes, mysogynists, and the like. Basically just he haters. Just wait.

There is nothing to see here. You've seen it all before.

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ill just be waiting for tomorrow's Daily Show when they make fun of whatever bush screws up in his speech--which is basically unavoidable when you try to lie faster than you can read...or sound out words to form sentences in Bush's case.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
He'll undoubtedly say how he has "done so much" for the poor, the unemployed, the children, the educational system, and the world as a whole. It all makes me want to puke.

For the sake of my sanity, I am staying away from the TV tonight. It'll be bad enough reading the media regurgitations tomorrow morning.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The Colonel is right. He will be talking about how we could be attacked by terrorists, ecomonic growth and by preaching about healthy marriages, Bush will touch on how gay unions aren't a good idea.

All of which is true. Good vision into the future, Colonel.

Oh wait, I feel a feeble rebuttal coming on...

Economy Grows at Fastest Pace Since 1984

U.S. 3rd-Qtr GDP Grew at 8.2% Rate, Fastest Since '84

Stocks jump to 18 month highs

Not to mention the stock rise. In mid January, Nasdaq closed at it's highest in nearly 3 years.

Of course we could be attacked again.

You don't think so?

Not to mention that terrorism against the U.S. is down from Clinton's time in office where we had one every other year. Oh, what? You fogot about those?

The same sex marriage is a moral issue and a matter of preference. We all know Cheney and Bush would back a ban on it. And I agree with them. If you think gay is Okay, then that's your God-given right as an American, so I'm not going to debate that.

Read up, young fella!

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The speech was crap. The only thing "good" he said was about the prisoner reentry program, which was a load of crap b/c he won't fund it anyway. I timed him. He spoke of the "war on terra" for a half an hour in a 60 minute speech with short shrift anbd sound bites to domestic policies.

He said that the economy was strong. Bull#. He's LYING AGAIN. America as a whole created 1000 jobs last month when the target was 250,000. What the hell is that! We have lost 2.6-3 million jobs since this guy showed up and the economy is strong?

Bush is right. We need to get the kids off the drugs.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
We need to get Bush off drugs!

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Then,I got to see the repugnants sitting tyhere during the speech. I never saw more evil people in my life. Did anyone see the witch Condi Rice. She looked like she could kill with her bare hands. Did anyone see Powell. I wouldn't even have a drink with him he looked so evil. Both had their eyebrows furrowed together in anevil visage. The whole lot of the repugnants did as Bush stood there and LIED.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
We need to get Bush off drugs!

POINT THAT FINGER AND SAY IT LOUD!

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I liked the democratic response at the beginning where they basically said that bush flat out lied about the war.

Ehh...did I say republican response?

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Yep. This alone should send him packing back to Crawford, TX.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Oh, and what did he make sure to bring up? YUou guessed it. It was obvious---he always does in every speech..........................9-11.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hey Colonel...
What about you democrats...
Nancy Pelosi was nothing more than a talking robot. She was insincere, and doing nothing more than reading from a script. At least the president, didn't look like a robot.
And Tom Daschle, although he was less of a robot...(and i'll admit made a few good points)...still came off as reading from a script.
I'll agree with him on everything he said about the loss of jobs, and the jobs moving overseas. Plus agree with him about getting drugs cheaper from Canada. And am undecided about Social Security. Both he and Pelosi...tried to hard to make America believe the democrats are for national security.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm not gonna deny. Pelosi sounded robotic and Daschle sound like a fairy. I listened to the interview with Kerry and the one now with Clark. They sound like the real deal.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Ok....you want to talk about reading/speaking skills? How bout when bush nearly coughed up a lung trying to say "weapons of mass destruction" (guilty for lying? probly not) or how about "agains-them--agains-them again" Good thing Bush had it memorized, he cant read as fast as he lies.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
BTW. I was just wondering....WHERE ARE THOSE DAMN WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION THAT HE TALKED ABOUT SO MUCH---EVEN IN HIS LAST STATE OF THE UNION SPEECH!

Now, we have weapons of mass destruction-related programs. What the hell is that!

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
We also have the new legalized slavery!

With that new immigration plan, companies can now pay aliens pennies on the dollar to pick cotton or oranges or whatever for 3 years! Just like indentured servitude! YEAH! Isn't this great?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
What else can we look forward to? THE PATRIOT ACT! YEAH! MORE GESTAPO LEGISLATION FROM THE NAZI REPUGNANTS! America, home of the free..errr.... wait...please read signature line....

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Colonel,
I don't agree with you much...but I agree on the illegal issue being a form of slavery.....
...Now to where we will disagree...I don't believe illegals have any rights. To many people try to come here legally and get turned away, but lets grant these illegals work permits...BS!!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Yea, the Patriot Act seemed high on his TO-DO list tonight, his main step towards a police state. Saying how the patriot act will run out, but "terrorism will keep on going" so it needs to be renewed, or in this case, probably reconstructed to violate more of our freedoms. Hes just going right along with ashcrofts plan for a police state...and how many real terrorists have been caught with this patriot act, really? How many terrorism attacks have happened on US soil since 9/11?
He keeps going back to 9/11 and terrorists as justification for everything he does, and people just believe every word of it and really think it is making them safer. Please.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
or, they are undocumented workers and get exploited even more...

And, trust me, I'm not defending the immigration plan but I fear the dem plan would be far worse.

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by Bob88]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join