It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At The Brink of War

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
hopefully,we wont declare war on iran.i certainly wont support it.we need to pull out of the region and mind our own business at this point.the problem is that repubs are in power now and they promote war.they live it,breathe it, and thrive on it.its all about greed.the war we are in now is about oil-not terrorrism as we were made to believe.heck,my dad was a lt col in the air force during ww2 and korea and dropped a bomb that killed 3000 in the barracks during korea ,according to the cia.therfore, i was brought up believing that war is necessary-which it is sometimes-but not right now.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
On Fox News this morning:

www.foxnews.com...

Could it really be an Iranian rocket or not?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EZ14U2C
On Fox News this morning:

www.foxnews.com...

Could it really be an Iranian rocket or not?

not sure,

but an incident like that is not going to justify a war. something MAJOR would have to happen.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
US wants this war because once bombs start to go off, both in Iran and in the USA, the people of the USA will want the government to save them.

Thus, they will agree to anything. Micro chips keeping track of their movements (under the disguise of "safety" of course) , martial law, everything.

They need wars. They need a clear enemy so they can save you from this enemy. So they create enemy after enemy.

Its a good tactic. It works. Its been going on since World War 1.

[edit on 13-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
In a situation that USA invades another country again, and Russia/China do help out that country for whatever reasons, then you just hope that the war will only be contained in that country or that region. IF that does not happen and it is spread outside the borders by USA, and an all-out war occur between USA vs Russia/China, then you can be guaranteed NO WorldWar 3, but only the END OF THE WORLD.

three words: Guaranteed Mutual Destructions. Even Bush ain't so stupid.

[edit on 13/9/07 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan
In a situation that USA invade another country again, and Russia/China do help out that country for whatever reasons, then you just hope that the war will only be contained in that country or that region. IF that does not happen and it is spread outside the borders by USA, and an all-out war occur between USA vs Russia/China, then you can be guaranteed NO WorldWar 3, but only the END OF THE WORLD.

three words: Guaranteed Mutual Destructions. Even Bush ain't so stupid.

World War 3 has been in many different prophecies and predictions. What makes you think they dont want that? In fact, killing off 80% of human beings on this planet would make it much, much easier to control the remaining ones, create the global society that they really want, and rewrite the history books to their liking.

I realize that sounds absurd, Im just saying its one way to go for them to reach their goals.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

It's been going on since the Indian wars. John Brown never stops. When the Indians were defeat he went on to fight on a foreign shore.

And he still do, because the Military Industrial Complex want him to.

Fair new PNAC.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
World War 3 has been in many different prophecies and predictions. What makes you think they dont want that? In fact, killing off 80% of human beings on this planet would make it much, much easier to control the remaining ones, create the global society that they really want, and rewrite the history books to their liking.

I realize that sounds absurd, Im just saying its one way to go for them to reach their goals.

"killing off 80% of human beings" = Optimistic Wishful thinking, you better go for 100%. Maybe a few astronauts in Space will die a few decades later.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   

It's not as absurd as you might believe... there's been the attempt at our freedoms, liberties, rights... and lives for a very long time.

I saw a thread here on ATS a long time ago that had a link to a video by William Cooper: Behold, A Pale Horse. He describes in detail many aspects of those things I've mentioned. The video is over 4 hours long. I watched the entire video one evening, and I can assure you... it's well worth it.

Google Video Link

[edit on 9/13/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
LOL u guys are too funny. You ever hear of 1962? We were pretty close then too. We've been close to all out war a bunch of times but we never do and we wont now. Dont be such sheeple and buy into everything you see on TV and on this website. Scaremongerors are everywhere.

The thing is...when you are 'pretty close', then anything could tip the balance to the side of war just as easy as to the side of peace. The fact that the world has pulled back from the brink before is not an indication that it always will.

(I hope you are right, however! My reply is not to be intended as a slam, just wanted to note 'the flip side' of your discussion.
)

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan

"killing off 80% of human beings" = Optimistic Wishful thinking, you better go for 100%. Maybe a few astronauts in Space will die a few decades later.

Naah. Once martial law hits, people will go to the FEMA camps. Those are built so a small amount of people will survive the World War 3 in my opinion.

If America gets nuked, I guess they will use the many underground bases and tunnels to keep people alive.

After that, well, welcome to the New World Order.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Listen,

an all out war with Iran/China/Russia would be nothing like the current war we are winning in Iraq. In a situation like this, (throw in N. Korea for good measure) we would fight the war the way wars are supposed to be fought....Ugly, dirty and by surprise. We let the enemy know what we are doing in Iraq, we give them warning and we fight with reporters by our sides. Thats not a war, thats us trying to keep the peace. We are doing the job of the UN in Iraq and playing peace keeper now. The war was over in about 4 weeks. The UN goes through the same thing over and over. Their forces are awful thin with all the confrontations they are in and we are doing their job in Iraq. They go through surges all the times when things get a little rough just as we did/are doing now.

A war with the aformentioned above would be vicious and ugly. You would see weapons used that have never been used before. Over the past 4 years of war within Iraq, have you heard of any new invnetions in the war arsenal??? Why not? ssshhhhh....its a secret. Yeah thats right, the media is not aware of everything our military does. When the war starts (hopefully never) you will not see the media imbedded with our troops, and you will not see the gruesome scenes of war on your TV at night. The war will be fought the way war needs to be fought, and the good guys will win. Now for most of you out here on ATS, let me point out that the good guys are the US and its allies.

Have a great day......

buy low and sell high!!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
indeed ugly & dirty, and the Earth will be inhabitable for centuries

Ps. Good is very subjective, and how many allies u still have left?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
Now for most of you out here on ATS, let me point out that the good guys are the US and its allies.

That made my day, thank you.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I don´t know how and when the WWIII will roll, but I can tell you guys this:
The WWIV will be with sticks and stones all over again.

See you on the flip side,

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Now for most of you out here on ATS, let me point out that the good guys are the US and its allies.

That made my day, thank you.

And that's also why Anti-Americanism is spreading over the globe faster than the common flu, one difference, a person can be healed from the flu in days/weeks, the former in years/decades if ever

[edit on 13/9/07 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

If America gets nuked, I guess they will use the many underground bases and tunnels to keep people alive.

After that, well, welcome to the New World Order.

again wishful thinking

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   

The war will be fought the way war needs to be fought, and the good guys will win. Now for most of you out here on ATS, let me point out that the good guys are the US and its allies.

Have a great day......

Oh yeah... Ofcourse, the good guys (whatever). I dont concider any country or any political leader as a 'good' guy, everyone has a personal agenda, and most of them are coldblooded selfish crooks anyway. Know this, in an all-out war between the superpowers of this planet for whatever reason, you wont care who is good or evil, the chance is big you will be struggling to hold onto your own life in the mass panic, starvation and sickness that is to follow.

We will be very lucky if it turns into a conventional war, and even then the chances for survival are slim. Whoever wins takes control, and the aftermath wont be pretty. In a case of nuclear warfare, you are a goner.

The picture of West vs East in a all-out war is very grim.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Mammoth

Good post, but certain people will never listen or understand....

And make it "extremely near impossible lucky" to keep it conventional. You mentioned it yourself, whoever wins a conventional war will take control, so what do you think the losing side will unleash if they see there is no way to win it conventional?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Yeah. I'm sure we have some secret weapons in our stash that would stop conflicts very quickly. I hope so. If there is a war, and a lot of people die, it should be quick and painless.

As far as the draft goes, if the US imposes martial law you will have to fight, regardless of the enemy is on our own soil or not. They will force you onto the battlefield. If you don't go, they will either throw you in jail, and under martial law maybe convict you of treason, punishable by death. Nazi Germany did the same thing to some of their own citizens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join