It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At The Brink of War

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
2 or 3 top official also resigned this past week or so.

one from Russia one from japan, and the other i cannot recall.
[also i dont have links at the moment, if anyone has post them,]

it feels almost like they want some people out of the way, or officials who may hinder their agenda are forced to resign [of course its reported as if they resign deliberately... but, we never know the inside politics.]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by Ketzer22

Trust me. If WW3 happens and there's a draft, we are all going to war. Every man up to the age 45. So it's not just you that's worried.

First they have to make us.?If this all starts for reasons that we don't agree with will you allow yourself to be drafted? I won't. I'll be damned if I'm going to risk losing my life for someone else's greed or religious fight. I see all this as either a fight to control the middle east or a crusade to destroy Islam and I'll lay my life down for neither. If hostile foreign troops set foot on American soil then yes I'll fight.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EZ14U2C

I think US forces are waiting for the completion of the Bushehr NPP.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by omi_kron_gravitron

I have noticed that several US political leaders have left/ resigned. Karl Rove as well as Attorney General Alberto Gonzales have resigned in a very short period of time (anyone know if there is a connection between the two?). Also: White House Press Secretary Tony Snow resigns 14 September 2007.

I have also noticed a switch in powers throughout the world, such as in Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps, who are in the process (if not already designated) of becoming a terrorist entity by the United States.

President Nicolas Sarkozy's compliance to US affairs may bring back the French fry as well.

Anyone else notice any other specific arrangements being made anywhere?

What is the specific intent of all this? Is it significant?

~Grand

[edit on 13/9/2007 by Nyorai]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Putin know's something is happening VERY soon. He needs to have alot of backing of trust below him. Dissolve his government and make it how he wants it in a time of war.

The U.S. is the new incarnation of Babylon. Babylon, the Medo-Persian Empire, Grecian then Rome are all seen as the same in the Bible in the leading up to the final beast.

I'm not a bible thumper, but signs are everywhere. We're the new Roman empire. To accieve this goal, we must take the middle-east all together. Period. But it will eventually, just as it happened 4 times before.

We must take the middle-east to stop our last real "enemy" in this world, Islam. We are in a neo-crusade. Period.

I am in the U.S. Army, I have been to Iraq ('95 - '96) and have seen the HUGE Iranian influance. And that was 2 years ago when it was evolving FAST. It's huge now. Iran basically owns Iran religiously and in Government. The U.S. has made so many mistakes in Iraq, we basically gave it to Iran without a fight.

Now we have to take it back at all costs. The Sunni threat in Iraq isn't even a blip on the radar in terms of National Security here in the US. Hizbollahs influance around the world is way larger than we (as a people) know.

Attacking Iran would cause Hizbollah to take it's fight to US. I see no other option from them. Cavaz has VERY close ties with Iran and Hizbollah. Now with our souther border wide open, an attack on Iran would cause us to FINALLY see REAL outside "Terrorism".

We're in for an interesting next month.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux

First they have to make us.?If this all starts for reasons that we don't agree with will you allow yourself to be drafted? I won't. I'll be damned if I'm going to risk losing my life for someone else's greed or religious fight. I see all this as either a fight to control the middle east or a crusade to destroy Islam and I'll lay my life down for neither. If hostile foreign troops set foot on American soil then yes I'll fight.

Damn straight right there, thats the only reason besides my family.
and whats a better morale booster besides fighting on our own soil..? our own home.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I agree that things are getting worse or more out of control. But I would like to address some stuff that was already posted in this thread. Someone stated that the Chinese military would not be a problem. I disagree because what they might lack in technology, which they don't, they more then make up for in sheer numbers!!

Some stated that the Chinese stole our military secrets: Wrong, it was sold and or given to them by our very own diplomats and presidents in exchange for whatever under the table deals for themselves.

Also, some people are stating that we should nuke Iran if we do discover that they are making them. I would like to remind everyone that the U.S. is still the only country in the world that has ever used a nuclear weapon on a country to kill people (Remember Japan).

Let's look at it from the other side's point of view. Most people here do agree that the U.S. has no reason to be in the middle east and started the war for no reason at all. If the U.S. was illegally occupied by a foreign country or near by, wouldn't the U.S. be preparing themselves to protect themselves? (since Iran already saw what happened to Iraq)

I'm just trying to keep everything in perspective. It's very easy to look over there and make opinions and statements. But, if you put yourselves and your country in the same circumstances, I believe things would be very clear.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
This is a thought provoking post.

To all of you who have criticised the original poster as being a scaremonger i respond by saying i do not see anything wrong with someone posting their opinion about what some recent events indicates to them. If they are wrong at least they will be encouraging a lively discussion with people who are hopefully going to be respectful.

I do not pretend to know for certain what recent events indicate - and anyone who claims to "know" with certainty that there is or is not going to be war is unlikely to be privy to the knowings of those powerful few who might have a clue about the chances of war soon.

That being said, i can see why some might infer that something big is about to happen. I hope, for the sake of our lives, that they are wrong.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
With regards to the recent actions of Russia, consider it more posturing than anything else. We have seen their audacious "claim" on the arctic seabed in order to try and seize oil reserves. If they had serious intentions of a new WW, they would not be taking long term financial measures.
The Russian military posturing, such as bombers flying into Britain, is purely a show. Russia is now the 8th largest economy in the world, coupled with an appalling military in near ruin. They have to show some military might to show solidarity.

People need to also remember that a climate of fear is very useful in order to control and coerce a populace. Religion deosnt work anymore, climate matters only to some, so this is the next step. We have had genuine crisis's in the past, most notably in 1962 and the missile crisis. See this as nothing more than posturing, and fear mongering.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Can't really say much about the resignation of other world leaders, but as far as Japanese PM Abe resigning goes, that's pretty much a non-issue in regards to this topic.

Abe finally stepped down due the fact that a) the LDP (Liberal Democratic Party) had it's butt kicked in the recent upper house election and can't get anything done anymore, b) the LDP has been rocked by a ton of recent scandals, c) members of his cabinet are bickering like little spoiled kids, d) his health has deteriorated like crazy from stress and e) he's got something like 30% support rating due to all this and the fact that he wants to ditch the holy grail of Japan's pacifist constitution.

In other words, nothing to see here folks...just plain ol' vanilla, crooked Japanese politics at it's everyday finest.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I truly hope our leaders have learnt some lessons from previous mistakes.

I would hope, in this day and age, that the insufferable lessons from WW2 would still be a burning ember in the minds of the leaders who make our decisions.

I would also hope, that MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction), is still at the forefront of these leads thoughts.

I'm ex-Australian Army (Commando Regiment), and I can say if this all does turn to shi*, every single one of you will be drafted. I know the Australian Army is stretched so thinly it's ridiculous - recruitment is at an all time low .... if we were to be invaded / engage with another foreign enemy, we would definitely need to draft to survive.

However, I agree with some of the other posts - we have been "at the brink" on numerous occassions over the past few decades ... and fortunately the leaders have taken a step back, and realised, before the line was crossed (think cuban missle crisis).

Let's hope, above all hope, that what's being portrayed in this post doesn't come to fruition.

If it does, head to the hills with a sturdy bolt action and wait for Armageddon.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
WAR, WAR, WAR... I know it's on, I read on foxnews that advisors at the state department have given the signal and that Condoleeza Rice's diplomatic strategies failed and we have no other choice but finalize the bombing and war strategy, why do you think we have been increasing troop presence in Iraq, I hate to say it, the many hundreds of thousands of ground troops there are not there just fighting insurgents and training iraqi police.

I mean I dont have proof but I would bet that we have over 200,000 troops there right now contrary to the numbers, the entire 101's airborne is going to be in the middle east between afghanistan and Iraq and probably staging for Iran.

WAR is here and it is real, get ready because there is a possibility it might be the last one we are capable of being engaged in as a nation.....you gotta have oil and gas to fuel the fight too!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
WAR, WAR, WAR... I know it's on, I read on foxnews that advisors at the state department have given the signal and that Condoleeza Rice's diplomatic strategies failed and we have no other choice but finalize the bombing and war strategy, why do you think we have been increasing troop presence in Iraq, I hate to say it, the many hundreds of thousands of ground troops there are not there just fighting insurgents and training iraqi police...

here we go-you dont have to stress your memory:
fox news - special report

by the way - i have not heard any report in germany about this german decision. the media is concerned with three wannabe-bombers and other ridiculous stuff.. don't expect to see the german media trustworthier than the american..

[edit on 13/9/2007 by rxnnxs]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Eminent OP tying the pieces of strings together - ...but hopefully not for the hanging rope.

Another piece I can add is Putin appointing new PM.

today.reuters.co.uk... ageid=&cap=&sz=13&WTModLoc=NewsArt-C1-ArticlePage2

Earlier, Putin accepted Prime Minister Mikhail Fradkov's resignation and then left Moscow for a planned trip to the Volga region without publicly disclosing a replacement.

It was left to the speaker of the State Duma (parliament), Boris Gryzlov, to announce that Putin had nominated Viktor Zubkov, the 65-year-old head of the Federal Financial Monitoring Service as new prime minister.

[...]
The move confounded analysts' predictions that Putin would elevate one of the most widely fancied candidates to succeed him to the prime minister's post as a stepping stone to the top Kremlin job.

That was the sequence of events under former president Boris Yeltsin, who made Putin prime minister in 1999 before naming him acting president months later.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So in principle this is his heir to the throne of Kremelin.

If any heirs of any empires are gonna get killed the next few days I'm gonna believe the OP.

It deserves plenty of WATS ...if they're still around.

Edited to add the link for snippet.

[edit on 13-9-2007 by khunmoon]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
Trust me. If WW3 happens and there's a draft, we are all going to war. Every man up to the age 45. So it's not just you that's worried.

There would be no draft.

The United States would simply use naval and air power against Iran, if that fails, nuclear weapons would be used against Russia and China.

Most of the military powers of this world have long distance capability.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
here's another link that spills out dire news
www.ec-an.eu...

this europe-china news source, sounds like the Voice-of-America on Steroids....
i particularly like the 'Scud in a tub' catchphrase,
the daily page is great reading for dire & gloom addicts, i'm one

enjoy

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Well if the war comes down under way i'll be making my way into the Jungle esque area's of NSW Australia..... Come and get me in there

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
There would be no draft.

The United States would simply use naval and air power against Iran, if that fails, nuclear weapons would be used against Russia and China.

Most of the military powers of this world have long distance capability.

They wouldnt use nukes on either as they would be signing their own death warrant.

I could see tactical nukes used against Iran but never against China or Russia.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
I could see tactical nukes used against Iran but never against China or Russia.

Depends
if any war with Iran leads to conflict with China or Russia then a likely nuclear conflict will happen.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tobiascore

How were you in Iraq in 95-96 when we didnt invade until 2003? Do you mean Kuwait? If so Kuwait is neither Shiite or a country to judge Iraq off of. We had troops in Kuwait and Saudi in 95 and 96 but thats it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join