It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not Nuke Mars?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
We seriously said mirrors? Dang, I need to read the NASA site more often. It'd work though.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yes, big mirrors placed in orbit about Mars. Geosynchronous mirrors that would heat up the seeded areas.

I'm serious.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I might be... you'll have to wait and keep doing searches on it... and you may find info on it. Google and Yahoo have jack squat I know.

You never know.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Would NASA have something like that on it's site?

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
DaRage

If we hit the caps the water created would be quite polluted... this proposal is not something we could achieve in the near future it would take time for it to happen, also alot of precision would needed as we would have to pick the right areas for detonation (and placing of mirrors) also we'd need to calculate the amount of radiotion needed and the amounts produced by each nuke... etc etc... i'd love to live on mars but it just isnt happening in my lifetime (and i'm quite young)

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by htown
Would NASA have something like that on it's site?

If you can find a copy of the Ride document this should be contained in there. I would imagine that would be avilable on a NASA site.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'll check it out, thanks.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
In the book "the milliniam project" they talk about heating mars by redirecting a few ice ball comets at it the co2 in the comets would vaporize on impact and after enough of them the tempeture would start to rise melting the co2 at the caps which would give us a fairly thick co2 atmosphere perfect for plants. A little genetic tinkering with plants and animals would give us a working ecosystem that would eventualy give us an earthlike enviroment.

According to the book this would still take a long time but would shave thousands of years off the transformation.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
yeah these comets though would make the planet uninhabitable for 200 years or so

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Bring some SH*T there ahaha but than cow sh*t caue mentane causes global warming.

[Edited on 19-1-2004 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The fact is, we don't know whether or not Mars belongs to us. Why do we assume that it does?

I can't help put remember the 2010 quote from the Monolith to humanity: "All these worlds are yours except for Europa, attempt no landing. Use them together, use them in peace" ....or something like that (sigh).

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Just checked back on those sources... got confused with two operations Sky Blue is the one with Aurora... Black Manta, ect., I meant Plasma Blue.

Sorry, about that... I've been looking up info on Aurora all day so... it gets confusing.

Anyway... a brief summary, hopefully this will keep you two occupied...

Operation: Plasma Blue... the operation consists of multiple braches of military and government services: Air Force, FBI, Navy... why the Federal Government, that I don't know yet. The main function of the weapons and fighters in this project (operation) is the capabilities of going in and out of the atmosphere with a complete set of weapons.

Weapons: All of the weapons on all of the fighters are NOT solid, they are all energy, all using LTS (Laser Targeting System). I've heard multiple proposals for weapons... Pulse Wave, Hyper Sequence, ect., you know the basics.

Propulsion: Makes Pulse Detonation Wave Engines look like a beat up Chevy racing a new Supra. I am not lying to you when I say that it uses human pulse to fly, how, I haven't read about yet.

Design: Darts, UFO's, Deltas, some of these have 3 sets of wings, front, side, and under the tail, above the tail (sometimes). They are very wierd. If you've ever played Ace Combat 03 you'd know how wierd they're about like that just a lot more advanced.

Speeds: I have doubts on, sources indicate over Mach 15... and they'd need some special suit for the pilot or some special kind of metal on the plane.

That's it in a nut shell.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Not to mention enemy's can't detect you in space.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
That last post makes me wonder even more if you are mixing up the Tacit Blue project with sci-fi stuff. Tacit Blue focused on radar signature reduction (stealth), but did not address the other things you listed - not to my knowledge anyway.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Did Tactic Blue use Stealth Technology by going into space? In any case you've got a sliver of the information sitting right in front of you now.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I dont understand people whom think (we) as in we the people of this world ownes this planet or any other. We are nothing more than animals. Savage animals that consume everything and give nothing back. We destroy what every we touch. We mightnot be animal, we might be a virus. We dont own anything!

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'm sorry but anyone how thinks its a good idea to "nuke Mars" is, for lack of a better word, retarded. The US and Soviet Union routinely tested atmospheric atomic weapons during the Cold War and absolutely no global temperature resulted. I can't even begin to estimate how many nuclear blasts would be required to make a marked changed in the temperature on Mars. The resulting radioactive contamination would make sterilize the entire planet and render it uninhabitable for tens of thousands of years.

jra

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Arn't we all forgetting that Mars has has a weak magnetic field? It's not the same as Earths. So even if the nukes did create some sort of green house effect and the radiation from the nukes cleared. The surface is still going to be hit with electrically charged solar particles and some cosmic radiation. Which can harm/kill any life we create there.

I'd think the best (all though possibly impossible) way to heat up the Mars surface would be to get it's core warmed up again. Get the volcanoes and all that going again. I'd think that if you were to only warm up the surface, it would just start to cool down again slowly. Although i'm obviously no scientist, so i could be very wrong about that. I just think that if one could get the core hot again and get the lava flowing, you'd get the same (if not better) effect from a nuke. Plus wouldn't getting the core active again help with the magnetic field? I could be wrong. I'll have to go read up on how all that stuff works more thoroughly.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
So now we're creating habitable planets. Well not the planets themselves, but you get my drift. Does anyone else have a problem with that besides me? Then again, I know it's inevitable and neccesary. Without colonizing other worlds, we are finished.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Why dont they just nuke Mars to allow for a warmer more habitable planet.

The Zeta Reticuli would never allow this to happen.

I just like saying Reticuli.

Reticuli.

Nutzo

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join