It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not Nuke Mars?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Out of nuking mars or Technological achievement?

Technological achievement is self explanitory.

Nuking mars to make Mars get atmosphere, warm mars up, get liquid water, seed it with algae or things that can grow and photosynthesis and make the planet get oxygen, enough to live on, and eventually colonise.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sky Blue... what a code name... Sky Blue's main operation... is to create a plane that can travel at more than hypersonic, have systems more than the latest techonlogical designs, and so on. The main operation function was for something similar to intergalactical attacks and so-forth. Can you believe that's the fictional side? And it's all below the actual specifications.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
You have good intensions of that... but, I doubt it will happen for some time. And it would take a while to do. I just can't see it happening soon.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by htown
Sky Blue... what a code name... Sky Blue's main operation... is to create a plane that can travel at more than hypersonic, have systems more than the latest techonlogical designs, and so on. The main operation function was for something similar to intergalactical attacks and so-forth. Can you believe that's the fictional side? And it's all below the actual specifications.

Exactly, Sky Blue is nothing but a science fiction effort. Though many things come from science fiction, let's try to stay in reality. Touting "knowledge of Sky Blue" adds nothing to this conversation...IMO.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Actually... I believe I said the Fictional Side. Never said it wasn't real. This is where I will discontinue all discussions about Sky Blue. If you want it get into the governments files yourself. Or hey maybe there is talk on the internet about it now who knows... but I don't talk about it on un-secure sites.

But, I'm gonna throw in the towl on this one. In my opinion it may happen just not real soon.

ValHal... you want info on Sky Blue then figure a secure connection.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
This is actually a proposed scenario for Mars.

One of the proposed plans, laid out in the Ride document, was to initiate thermonuclear explosions in the atmosphere of Mars and create a greenhouse effect that would facilitate the creation of a habitable atmosphere.

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by Valhall]

yeah didnt anyone see "red planet"?

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Actually... I believe I said the Fictional Side. Never said it wasn't real. This is where I will discontinue all discussions about Sky Blue. If you want it get into the governments files yourself. Or hey maybe there is talk on the internet about it now who knows... but I don't talk about it on un-secure sites.

But, I'm gonna throw in the towl on this one. In my opinion it may happen just not real soon.

ValHal... you want info on Sky Blue then figure a secure connection.

Why dont you go into RATS and post your information?

and ye si saw red planet. But i cant remember them nuking the ice caps. I remmebr the algae or whatever it was though.

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by DaRAGE]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
No one will believe me even if I told every drop of information I had. To be honest I don't blame them.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
DaRage,

The proposed plan does not include nuking the polar caps of Mars. The nuclear devices were to be set off in orbit, thereby heating the higher atmosphere and causing a greenhouse effect. No need to reach the planet's surface.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

No one will believe me even if I told every drop of information I had. To be honest I don't blame them.

Well, you're probably right as far as I'm concerned. I think you're a bit full of horse poopie. BUT, then we have lilblam here speaking rhetorically about all this knowledge that it seems unable to share.

Whatever.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Now it's plausable. Everything I was reading said hit the planet.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
As I said... I don't blame anyone for not believing me... it's just some stuff I like to take advantage of knowing over other people. It's a habbit (a bad one I know). But, like I say you are entitled to your own opinion.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
DaRage,

The proposed plan does not include nuking the polar caps of Mars. The nuclear devices were to be set off in orbit, thereby heating the higher atmosphere and causing a greenhouse effect. No need to reach the planet's surface.

But wouldn't nuking the polar ice caps be even better? Flash boiling the water there, turning it to steam liquid and letting it flow agaion or be turned intothe atmosphere helping ot make it thicker, more denser, and more absorbant?

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Wouldn't the Green House Effect adventually do that?

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

As I said... I don't blame anyone for not believing me... it's just some stuff I like to take advantage of knowing over other people. It's a habbit (a bad one I know). But, like I say you are entitled to your own opinion.

Just post ur damn information if u got it. we will either believe it or not. But I on the other hand like to read information and theories, etc, as it broadens the mind.

But whetehr i believe it or not is another story. But i still would liek to hear it.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I will, if I feel like it. I gave you the fiction side, and if there is a fiction side doesn't that mean most of the time it's real? Not all but some of the time? Anyway, let me tell you plainly... no.
Sorry.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Wouldn't the Green House Effect adventually do that?

yes the greenhouse effect would eventually do that. But wouldn't it speed up the process a heap more by flash boiling the ice caps, turning that ice into vapour and thickening the atmosphere quickly, than by exploding nuke in the upper atmosphere, and warming up the greenhosue gases.

I think the nukes on the ice would be much quicker than jsut waiting ages for the ice to melt. Afterall who knows how long that could take. And at the rate of cange here on earth...we might want to start colonising that red planet soon.

I mean just look at how much change has ocured on Earth over the last 100 years, including the technological achievements.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I will, if I feel like it. I gave you the fiction side, and if there is a fiction side doesn't that mean most of the time it's real? Not all but some of the time? Anyway, let me tell you plainly... no.
Sorry.

full of horse poo aren't ya

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by DaRAGE]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
And wait longer for the additional radiation to clear?

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well, actually, it isn't a matter of "melting ice". It is a matter of creating the right temperatures for basic plant life that can survive in the Martian environment IF the temperature is correct.

Remember, plants take in carbon dioxide and put off oxygen, so the overall proposal included seeding the surface with appropriate plants and heating the atmosphere. There were two proposals:

1. The nukes
2. Big mirrors (and no I'm not #ting you) that would concentrate the sun's energy onto areas of the surface - thereby heating them up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join