It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Air Force lost track of nuclear missiles

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
.... One of these days we are all going to have a long talk about SAC Air Force Procedures. SAC, 9 times out of 10, does what SAC wants to do. Having been at Barksdale 2nd Air Force HQ, I can tell you that it is the primary command of the United States Military first strike scenario. The fact that they GOT CAUGHT is what is funny. If you seriously believe that no one knew the B-52 was loaded with LIVE NUKES.... I've got some pictures of Springer I want to sell you. The only thing that happened here..... is that they got caught..... period.... end of story. Do you really believe that nukes are not on sortie missions? Please.

Dave

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

The simplest explanation is usually the best explanation DR...you nailed-it. Incompetence regarding anything nuclear being the ultimate military No-No...would the military devise a muscle-flexing scheme based on public exposure? Thanks

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I do realize that SAC esp. under LeMay was a lose cannon country unto itself (I have relatives that flew Chrome Dome missions) but......

Lets say they did it as a muscle flexing exersize. Unless the intended to get caught, who were they flexing them for? Our own troops? Who else would see it? Also im under the impression that ALCM's and CALCM are basicaly identical in external appearance, so anybody seeing them hanging off the pylons would naturaly assume they were the conventional variety.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit
The only thing that happened here..... is that they got caught..... period.... end of story.

Caught by who? The press? Where does the press come into the picture for the story to be splashed all over the news?

That's the key to this story that gets me.

You can't have it both ways IMO, either the MSM is "controlled" or just a "sounding board" for the administration or it isn't. For some reason IMO this story has the approval of the powers that be or it would be totally buried.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Dave/Fred

You guys are aware SAC no longer exists, right?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
[
So, what's that all about? Why announce, globally, what our fighter jets will be doing on a certain day in the future? So, we (and everyone else - friend and foe) can add this special date to our calendar?

What's the strategy behind this announcement? Anyone care to speculate?

Normally when a fleet is grounded it is due to a mechanical problem that "could" be fleet wide. Not all bombers carry nukes and very few fighters do, so I’m not sure what the stand-down of “ALL” would be. There are times when they would have what is called a "Safety day" after an incident so proper procedures and refocus can be done across all bases/airframes involved.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
Dave/Fred

yes I do
but there is still alot of SAC mentality among the Bomber force still

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

Geo. W. Bush has done more for the long term plan (yes 100 years perhaps 200 years) than his predecessor or his father. His personality, temperament, and religiosity have made many things possible that I would have thought impossible in the USA, but I never took seriously how the Evangelicals would march lock step with Bush-Cheney, Inc.

Perhaps he became the visible top dog by being a useful idiot or perhaps he is a true believer. In any event, he is a dangerous lackey of the military-industrial complex and the central bankers.

The ghost of Mossadegh haunts all of this Iran fixation.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit
Do you really believe that nukes are not on sortie missions? Please.

Dave

Nukes, neutron bombs, biochemical agents ... I would expect all of it from the armed forces of the USA under Bush/Clinton/Clinton/Bush/Bush (and perhaps we'll soon add another Clinton to that particularly bizarre dynasty).

This post-SAC USA with NORAD soon to move out of the Mountain into plain view makes no sense to me whatsoever. Although it does make sense to me when I accept all worst possible scenarios and think the very worst of everyone involved and drift off into contemplation of the Denver Airport..........

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Some info about Barksdale AFB

www.globalsecurity.org...

www.globalsecurity.org...

www.barksdale.af.mil...

en.wikipedia.org...

cryptome.quintessenz.at...
Enough Nuclear Weapons on one base to destroy the planet.

www.strategic-air-command.com...

en.wikipedia.org...
This replaced SAC.

Hope that helps

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Whether it is a coup d'etat or simply the declaration of martial law, the militarisation of police forces in the USA points to a future for the USA without its Constitution as well as a future for citizens of the USA without the Bill of Rights.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Those five nukes on that B-52 may have something to do with Iran

Barksdale Air Force Base is being used as a jumping off point for Middle East operations. Gee, why would we want cruise missile nukes at Barksdale Air Force Base. Can’t imagine we would need to use them in Iraq. Why would we want to preposition nuclear weapons at a base conducting Middle East operations?

His final point was to observe that someone on the inside obviously leaked the info that the planes were carrying nukes. A B-52 landing at Barksdale is a non-event. A B-52 landing with nukes. That is something else.

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I figure the conversation went something like this..

Oh yeah we need the cargo space for things and uh so were mounting them on the wings.

Well anyway the launch codes could be obtained other ways, but remember that the only reason for this is an inside job. I don't think that we should be worried about those nukes it is most likely a diversion.

1. Tell the mass media that the nukes were at the wrong destination.
2. Ground all planes on the 14th.
3. Finish an inside job on that day.

One has already happened and that scares me because the government otherwise would want to keep this very low. And two has already been discussed and is going to happen according to the military investigation board.

Then there's number three..

[edit on 6-9-2007 by rhombus24]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
tower 1 this is bravo over.

-Go ahead we read you

Tower 1 im reporting a problem here.

I seem to have dropped one of the passengers.

I think i just accidentaly ruined 200 plus miles of america. sorry?.

-repeat that, you say you dropped one by accident.

Thats affirmative over.

-your a moron, over.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I just read on the ticker on CNBC with the mad money show. ..

It says President Bush and Defense Secretary were informed and an Air Force commander has been fired.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I think that the US is just posturing for a new round of sanctions against Iran.

Because, because,.............

US FORCES AWAIT COMPLETION OF BUSHEHR NUCLEAR FACILITIES BY RUSSIANS. IT WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO GO ONLINE.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
[
Hey Dave - it is a real honor to have you posting on this thread.

In your opinion, do you feel like there might be more weapons, specifically nukes, being moved to this AFB then we are being told? Do you know the protocol for doing so? Is this base known for the "decommissioning" of these warheads or is it more of a staging point?

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks again for stopping by!

TW...

EVERY SAC COMMAND is part of what is called the FIRST STRIKE force. Even back in the 60's, there were UNDERGROUND BUNKERS that stored Nuclear Weapons. Keep in mind, this was in the days of COLD WAR with the Russians and Chinese. In answer to the protocol.... back then it was implemented by the Commander of 2nd Air Force with, I'm sure, notification to the SOD. As I said, SAC (Strategic Air Command) sole purpose was to be able to deliver a nuclear load to any part of the globe within a few hours time. The KC-135 tankers were the in flight refueling stations to the target. The decommissioning process, unless it has changed from the 60's, would be a Presidential approval item passed down the chain of command. Although possible to transfer ordinance from one SAC base to another.... or even a DEPOT....... the likelihood of it being a mistake is nonsense. Flight line crews DO NOT make that kind of mistake. There were ORDERS involved.... I assure you. From WHO... now that is the question to be asking.

Dave

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Caught by who? The press? Where does the press come into the picture for the story to be splashed all over the news?

Gools....

I hate to disillusion you my brother..... but the military has more LEAKS than carter has little liver pills. It doesn't take a troop without a TOP SECRET clearance..... who maybe is disillusioned with the war effort or a hundred other scenarios to BLOW THE WHISTLE. How do you think the Mei Lei Massacre was finally unearthed back in Nam?

Dave

[edit on 9/6/2007 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
When I read what you wrote Dave one word flashed in front of me well, name actually:

Cheney hmmmmmmmmmmm anybody know what that old boy's been up to lately?

[edit on 6-9-2007 by observe50]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
Dave/Fred

Yes.... I know. I'm referring to the CONCEPT. The name change to make it look more like a kinder, gentler military to the enemy DOES NOT change what the primary mission is of that base or other bases where long range bombers are stationed. You can change the name of the command all you want..... but THE MISSION is what drives the personnel.

Dave

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join