It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Air Force lost track of nuclear missiles

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Good post sourgrapes.

if anyone hasnt seen the movie "why we fight" i would recommend it..:up
i saw it on cable but im sure its on youtube.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I think they may have been meant as a little "hello" from our government and something went wrong.

We're here but by the grace of God (or a higher power)

There are no words to reconcile this one.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Too bad the ghost of Curtis LeMay couldn't have taken over the controls and flown this wonder to Iran.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

It does not say globally Sour, all it says is those in the US.

"fighters and bombers in the United States will be "

Me thinks even that was written wrong by the author, CNN yeah know Chicken Noodle News all shock and no awwwww

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
The military hates Bush. He has hung them out to dry. They have had it up to here with his lies and deceit. They see he is gearing up to nuke Iran before his shift is over, and they are outing him. Powell 'I serve at the pleasure of the president', how telling is that comment!!!

Are you suggesting a possible Coup d'état from the US military? well now that WOULD be interesting (not to mention rocky for the entire world!! The USA is not some small African country or similar, it is most defiantly one of the big boys)

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I just heard on, um, FOX that 3 Russian Bombers were intercepted this morning. The report said these bombers were carrying nuclear missles, and this is the 3rd time since July Russian Bombers carrying Nuclear missles had been intercepted in International waters.

Fox Article This article doesnt mentiona anything about the nuclear missles, so I'm woindering how much of truth there is to that portion.

And someone asked about the Sept 14th and none of our fighters & bombers in the air that day. I personally find that very odd as well, but it's only limited to the USAF from what I've read.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Sourgrapes I hope you are okay be careful and you better get your finger checked out by the Dr. it sounds nasty.

I don't know it seems that a lot of stuff that is being broadcast lately doesn't add up.

Just now they did a test for the national broadcasting system and they haven't done that in awhile.

Maybe with 9/11 approaching ?????

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50

Just now they did a test for the national broadcasting system and they haven't done that in awhile.

Is that same or different from EAS? Emergency Alert System. I only know of EAS.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Staging Nukes for Iran?

Barksdale Air Force Base is being used as a jumping off point for Middle East operations. Gee, why would we want cruise missile nukes at Barksdale Air Force Base. Can’t imagine we would need to use them in Iraq. Why would we want to preposition nuclear weapons at a base conducting Middle East operations?

Russian Leader Calls For Urgent Delivery Of Anti-aircraft Missile Systems To Iran

Vice Chairman of Russia's Parliament Duma, Vladimir Zhirinovsky, has urged the fast delivery of the sophisticated S-400 anti-aircraft missile systems to Iran to enable the Middle Eastern country to defend its air space, the Press TV reported.

Cheney Orders Media To Sell Attack On Iran

Dick Cheney has ordered top Neo-Con media outlets, including Fox News and the Wall Street Journal, to unleash a PR blitz to sell a war with Iran from today, according to Barnett Rubin, the highly respected Afghanistan expert at New York University.

Put two and two together... I believe we will see WWIII within weeks. Everything just seems to be falling into place and just keeps rolling along. It's like I'm standing behind a window watching armageddon in slow motion with nothing able to do about it but watch.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I am not sure that WWIII is imminent quite yet. There are still lots of things holding back the conflict.

All of this seems like posturing more than anything else. Let's all remember that there have been those that have thought war with Iran was right around the corner FOR YEARS. This fear is nothing new.

This situation of Syria firing on Israeli war planes certainly does turn up the heat though.

Who know. Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I maybe putting 2 and 2 together and getting 6 here, but all this flying bombers around the place at the moment is slightly bit coincidental.

There is this story of the Americans "accidently flying neuc's with bombers", and there is the Russians continually flying towards UK air space with their bombers, and us having to send up fighters to make sure they dont enter our air space.

Its on the bbc website today about the bombers comign this way again, and also today in the news they talking about chinese military hackers, hacking into our mod systems.

Seems all a bit too much at the moment liek coincidence.

Any thought anyone?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I see this as two or 3 peacocks all in a stand off. The one peacock ruffles and then flares its feathers and the others do the same to determine who has the bigger "peacock", if you will. So long as the peacocks keep strutting and don't start trying to peck each other's eys out, then everything is ok.

I am, again, not sure we are at that point.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by UM_Gazz

I AM THE ONE WHO HAS SPECIFICALLY STATED THAT THE N JERSEY EVENT OR LIGHTS OR UFO HAS TO BE EXAMINED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE REPORTED MEDICAL WASTES CLOSING THE SAME BEACH A DAY LATER WHERE WITNESSES SAW UFOS OR LIGHTS OUT AT SEA. THE USAF HAS MADE A TACTICAL DECISION TO ARM A B 52 OR MAYBE MORE THAN ONE AND HAVE IT READY TO ATTACK LANDING UFOS OR UFO ARMADAS IF THEY COME... THERE IS NO REASONABLE EXPLANATION FOR WHAT OCCURRED, THUS YOU LOOK TO OTHER REASONS AS I MENTIONED ABOVE, I AM NEW TO THIS WEBSITE AND WISH TO OFFER THE EVIDENCE
I HAVE THAT WILL SHOW UNUSUAL WEATHER PHENOMENA ALONG THE COASTAL REGION OF THE USA IN JUNE 2007. THAT VISUAL SIGHTING OF ODD RADAR RETURNS IN THE DOPPLER RANGE FOR MOISTURE IS VIA ZWIRE! WEATHER RADAR . IT APPEARS TO SHOW UFO ACTIVITY IN NEW ENGLAND WATERS IN JUNE. IT IS ALSO IN SOME PHOTOS AVAILABLE ON MY PROFILE AT AOL.COM ... MY SCREEN NAME THERE IS DERRLL5. -- the one fact no one has ascertained as slightly to very important is that the CNN news report other day mentioned 1 : the director of USAF space operations is handling the inquiry about joyriding live nuke warheads around the USA...2 : the report stated a USAF stand down of flight tactical nuclear weapon delivery systems (aircraft) will occur on September 14 th ... that is, we are letting our enemies or potential ones know the USA will have nothing in the air on Sep 14 ...does this seem a little odd to any of you ? Look to the skies or reports of oddness on Sep 14... There has to my knowledge never been a report to the public or our potential enemies of USAF standing down part of the TRIAD of deterrent nuclear forces designed to help prevent a nuclear war or if needed all 3 of the TRIAD strategic nuke forces will by design win a nuclear war. I do not know how to move around on this website well so please cross post this to the web site area that is discussing the New Jersey potential UFO landing (crash) off the coast of Normandy Beach Sep 01, thank you... my information or evidence will aid that discussion...all i need is email addresses and willing people to accept the material via email. thank you--- DERR . I am a prior USAF non commissioned officer with a total of 14 yrs service in the USAF and Air National Guard units.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Great thread.

I'd just like to add something that just jumped into my mind regarding the timing of the media take up.
The incident happened Aug 30th but wasn't reported on till now.
Just wondering if they were waiting for Bush to leave for the APEC meeting here in Australia before releasing it?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Super it's the same thing and Flighty I mentioned the same thing in the Jersey thread. If you put everything together that has been happenig in the last week nothing adds up, at least not to me.

I know I'm old but in my days 2+2=4

[edit on 6-9-2007 by observe50]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Why did this info become public?

Could it be that they are just trying to scare us a little, to show us that they are already flying nukes right above our heads, and if we get out of control, boom.

Lost the nukes my butt.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
If you put everything together that has been happenig in the last week nothing adds up,

Really?

What's With The Sudden Brinkmanship?!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is sure getting 'Legs'... warrented or not,

the Gannet and others like CNN and FOX news sources got their 'news report' from the Military News People, active duty people in the Army & Air Forces,
(one publication they have is the 'Stars And Stripes' )

there was one poster who reminded us that this late breaking 'story'
actually happened on 30 Aug
see;

Flighty
The incident happened Aug 30th but wasn't reported on till now.

i've been searching for the 'Story' first reported by the Army-AirForce News Service....then picked up by the networks & Reuters & Gannett & others. but i keep hitting dead-ends !

which circles back to my original Post...

which suggests that this missing nukes fiasco, was a designed and planted
News Item which the Military or the Administration (under directions from the elusive shadow government / think tanks) thought would be useful to have in the public domain.

reply to post by St Udio

[i/] now, the reasons for planting this story could very well be what Gools posted----> the transferred (5) cruise missiles with low yield nukes ended up at that 'Barksdale, Louisiana Base' which is a logistical support staging area for ordnance?
sorties?
equipment?
bound for middle east delivery.

or any number of reasons for the military to voluntarily acknowledge
that 5-6 nuke missiles, were temporarily 'lost' in the shuffle.

bottom line; i suggested that the whole drama is a staged event,
what supports my contention is that the military reporters 'broke' the story
in the first place, then the item was picked up by the civilian news.
the Why is speculation

thanks

[edit on 6-9-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Lets just surmise this possible scenario. Russia knows we may go nuclear on Iran soon. Russia buzzes NATO air space and Atlantic saying your missile shield isn't going to work here. And now Israel just mixed the pot with a bombing sortie on Syria. I don't like this one bit folks, not one bit.
This is serious this time. Not a drill.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I heard this on the main news. Looks like the people who loaded the missiles up got the wrong ones eh

Or its a hidden warning to Iran, showing that bombers are flying about with nukes on board. This sort of thing wouldn't normally make the media, military folks, especially officers are good at covering their mistakes. So maybe it was "Spun" a warning to Iran per media

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join