It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Air Force lost track of nuclear missiles

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I was stationed at Barksdale, 2nd Air Force HQ as my first assignment out of Tech School 67-68. This was the SAC (Strategic Air Command) command that a bunch of us volunteered to go to Vietnam to get off of. B-52's, KC-135 Tankers..... and a butt load of TOP SECRET stuff. This doesn't surprise me one bit. I was assigned to MSL/NORS Control at Barksdale.... which was an offshoot of Headquarters/Supply. You don't find very many supply personnel that are required to have a TOP SECRET clearance. This is just the Tip Of The Iceberg. If the country really knew what was really going on at Air Force Bases around the world.... something like this would never surprise them.

Dave

[edit on 9/6/2007 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Hey Dave - it is a real honor to have you posting on this thread.

In your opinion, do you feel like there might be more weapons, specifically nukes, being moved to this AFB then we are being told? Do you know the protocol for doing so? Is this base known for the "decommissioning" of these warheads or is it more of a staging point?

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks again for stopping by!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I hate answering other people's questions but,

Barksdale has more nuclear weapons than you can imagine. It was in the top 5 of Soviet designated targets during the Cold War. I know people who work out there and I was working out there a month ago. There are parts of the base that have extreme levels of security. Its fairly common knowledge, among contractors who work on base, that these areas are Nuclear Weapons Storage Sites.

[edit on 6/9/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Gools, that's the most plausible comment I've read. 'Jumping off point to middle east'. W's going to get his 'nuks' off before '08. This was leaked, and here we are. The road to hell.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
If we logistically can't bunker bust their nuclear ops we can at least radiate the area to make them unaccessible.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

www.cnn.com...

The Air Force announced that all flights of fighters and bombers in the United States will be halted on September 14 to allow for a review of procedures.

Holy crap - just read that.

Does that seem strange to anyone else?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
W One it's called a stand down. More in line here is gonna be 'who's shootin' their bloody mouths off down'. Hope for their sake they are out of dog chains and spare electrical cords. Somebody's gonna have their jewels nailed to a chair. That's for starters.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Actually, I think W is referring to the 'all jets grounded', rather than the 'all jets grounded' emphasis of the posted comment.

So, what's that all about? Why announce, globally, what our fighter jets will be doing on a certain day in the future? So, we (and everyone else - friend and foe) can add this special date to our calendar?

What's the strategy behind this announcement? Anyone care to speculate?

[edit on 6-9-2007 by SourGrapes]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Read today W in an interview for a biography says 'he does a lot of crying on this job'. 'Eats chocolates at nite because his body craves the sugar since he's been off the sauce'.
Oh...there's gonna be a lot of crying alright, as has there been for the last 6 yrs.
Thanks W, you the man.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Very good question SourGrapes. I have no idea or speculation on why announce a stand down date to friend and foe. I'd update your bug out bag though. The last time we had a major strategic shuffle two real big buildings in NY got toasted.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Any one get the feeling some one was trying to appropriate these nukes for them selves? I realise that would mean people with major amounts of power would have to be involved. Just typing my thought that I had when first hearing about this, no real reason behind it.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Now_Then, I believe those nukes were being apropritated to a new home. Nearer Ahminutty. And I bet they are fully functional. Less than 10 yrs old.
Someone blew the whistle, and they aint gonna have no breath to blow again very soon.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
You mean someone actually lost some nukes? There's a shocker!! Ineptitude, my friends. Ineptitude!!! Unreal!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Gools

about this jumping off point to the middle east
the conspiracy theorist in me immediatly remembered the secret CIA "anti-terror" unit stationed in WTC 7 under a front company.

www.wtc7.net...

some people speculate that the CIA was involved in 911 and the fact that the headquarters for anti terror experts being at ground zero gave quite a good view of the "mission"
now we have the middle east jump off point having nuke "accidents".. seems kinda wierd.
just thinking out loud.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
No accident Turbokid, we are loading our hand with aces to cast a nice shiny glow to certain areas of Iran. I hope I am wrong. But 'accidental' shipment of nukes? C'mon, I think not. What a spin. People in the know know what's going on and somebody shot their mouth off to the wrong or right people.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This is all clearly leaked. By whom for what reason ... well, aye, there's the rub.

One can always put nukes on a B-52 and fly it straight down into a US city and say al-Qaida did it... And putting this story out could prevent some operation from doing that, or perhaps provide cover for it through the "dopey me" and "honey I lost the nukes!" schtick.

No doubt that the neo-cons in the States regard nuclear weapons as toys to be played with e.g., Bill Krystol: What's the point in having them then if you aren't going to use them.

I feel fairly certain that George W. Bush believes he is in direct Divine communication and has it as his sacred duty to destroy the Iranian land and people before he leaves office (if he ever leaves office). Of course, I don't believe it is Divine communication, perhaps tea with the anti-christ or a visit with something Lovecraft dreamt up...

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The military hates Bush. He has hung them out to dry. They have had it up to here with his lies and deceit. They see he is gearing up to nuke Iran before his shift is over, and they are outing him. Powell 'I serve at the pleasure of the president', how telling is that comment!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
... somebody shot their mouth off to the wrong or right people.

I do think you are right on this one.

One of the issues, with running military (secret) ops, is the 'mouth issue'.

I mean, we're not talking CIA here. These are (true red and blue) regular citizens who choose to join the military.

Regular people have regular mouths that blab, regularly. It's human nature; hence, the reason most military soldiers haven't a clue why they are doing what they are doing, they only know what their mission, immediate job, or specific task is. They are never, ever, given 'reason'.

In fact, that's part of their initial training; 'Don't ask about it, just DO it!'

BTW, this 'whole situation' is 20+ years in the making. We (the U.S.) didn't just 'happen upon' the borders of Iran.

These past few years are part of a very (militarily) strategic plan to position ourselves for the 'real' war.

This is all part of an overall strategic goal. None of this started with Bush (it's kind of funny how so many of you think it certainly did). Although many will disagree, the U.S. (currently, the most powerful country in the world) does NOT run on a four year business plan. It's more like a 25/50/100 year plan.

In fact, most of the worlds' powers have the same (if not longer) tenured plan.

The immediate, and current, charade of political puppetries is the 'Marketing' part of the business plan. Please, for all you ATS'ers, don't give yourselves away to the (always) current and (always) popular blame game.

Step back, for a second, and really ingest what is being forcefully fed to you.

Bush, nor our current Administration (including Congress and the House) has any control over what's currently being played out. (I like to think of the U.S. President as being very similar to my high school President. They are both elected to make the changes they've promised, but neither have the power to control change or overall policy and decision.

Edit: I have an injured hand and it's taking me a while to type and post. (I totally sliced off multiple layers of dermis, while trying to open that damn plastic casing found around razors (and DVDs). I got through the 'casing', with violent force, and sliced a major chunk out of my middle finger across the triple blade of tje razor, on my dominate hand. It still hasn't stopped bleeding!!!

[edit on 6-9-2007 by SourGrapes]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Wow SourGrapes you just blew my doors off.
How very true. The PTB forced fed a pretzel to W when he thought he had a thought in his head. A figurehead, like a tootsie roll in a dog park. So true!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Compartmentalism is status quo.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join