It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making a hot dog dissapear using microwaves

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
As the resident nay-sayer, I say this is impossible.

Everyone knows that the only microwave anomalies occur when using instant coffee. Schrodinger's Kitchen: when you put instant coffee in the microwave, it goes back in time, but only for a fraction of a second. So it's impossible to prove with just pictorial evidence. It requires a particle collider, two mass spectrometers and a voltmeter.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I really relish experiments like this done by hotdog thinkers. Either you have a lot of time on your hands and/or you really like to experiment.

Just remember your dealing with mostly water in a hotdog.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'd say the logical outcome of this experiment is to apply this technique to deliver an adult beverage to a person at a phone in desperate need. Perhaps some poor soul who got caught off guard by last call and found themselves standing on the street by a phone with an empty glass.

All meaningful science needs to serve the greater good and benefit mankind. It would be criminal for you not to release this to the entire human community. The entire process should be documented in detail and released without delay. In fact I have taken the morning off work just to consider the implications of it all.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

That picture is good. Good job on the grapics. Jedi your experiment is ok- just I would have never thought of it.

Its ok to have a fun post now and then I think- It loosens people up and there is nothing wrong with that.

When I laughed I thought to myself And to think, I thought that I had issues lol. Now I know I'm not the only one.

And shame on those who got mad at you.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Hello first of all microwaves lack time travel equipment

second, a hotdog would just explode.

MOD EDIT: Post content removed. Please review this link, www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12/9/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I can make a hotdog disappear without the aid of a microwave .... just give me some mustard mmmmmmmmmmm....

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I think this trial is very boring, hot dogs in 36 minutes in a microwave has a melting?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
... Maybe I'm just stupid, but I honestly can not understand even in the slightest how destroying a hot dog in the microwave can send it back in time.

While it was in the microwave, it blew up and the pieces were burnt and turned to ash. It's physics, people. The hot dog did not "disappear" into a parallel universe. That's just what happens when you put a hot dog in the microwave for 72 minutes...

Edit//

Oh lmao. I just realised I was in the Jokes, Puns & Pranks forum. I was afraid I'd sound rude if I laughed.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by Paresthesia]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I'd say the logical outcome of this experiment is to apply this technique to deliver an adult beverage to a person at a phone in desperate need. Perhaps some poor soul who got caught off guard by last call and found themselves standing on the street by a phone with an empty glass.

All meaningful science needs to serve the greater good and benefit mankind. It would be criminal for you not to release this to the entire human community. The entire process should be documented in detail and released without delay. In fact I have taken the morning off work just to consider the implications of it all.

I think you are on to something..just think. you are sitting at work and call your wife. then you tell her to make you lunch and send you a hot dog thru the phone line at work. that would work, or like you said, someone in need. how about sending the troops hot dogs?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Have you ever thought of applying this technology to killing alien greys for Jesus?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
might i suggest a can of spray paint for your next experiment?

[edit on 17-9-2007 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I wanted to thank miniature brain wave for publising my work. And if anyone else is interested in making this a short film, please let me know

www.miniaturebrainwave.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Actually there are two explanations for that: (1) perceptually your brain "tunes out" repetitive input (2) There's a blind spot in the retina. If you look at something long enough, eventually what you're looking at will seem to blink out of existence due to the tiny blindspot on the retina.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

Unfortunately, it wasn't the children who put the chicken in the microwave for an hour---told you the learn to cook at very young ages in self defense!
:w:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

OMG! You don't Like him and want him Dead, Right? a can of spray paint in a microwave?!?
:w:
:bash:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
LOL! This is genius! You should try another food next time, like a watermelon.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I can't wait to work on the video. but it's going to take a while. it will be in Black and white and will need some special effects.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You should somehow find a way to hold in all the steam comming from the hot dog, and measure the change of density if there is any. Like the hotdog will be less dense as it cooks, but measure the density of everything inside the microwave, to see if there is a change, steam and all, if you were are capable of somehow measuring this. Because doesn't "stuff" weigh less the higher the frequency of energy? Like the theory that you need to become a state of energy to escape the laws of e=mc2, so that you don't get heavier with increased speed? and stuff?

I think this is a good experiment. Perhaps it would help if you got someone to explain how a microwave precisely works, get some diagrams or something, talk to an engineer or something.

Like the ideas with the mirrors. You should deffinately try to focus the microwaves into that dog. And if the phone line thing works, send it my way.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
well, i been real busy but I still plan to make a parody type video of the experiment. hopefully soon.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

I think I'm gonna go try it with a piece of pizza! Yeah! That would be so cool! You call up Domino's and the next thing you know, that pizzas flyin' through the phone right into your mouth and stuff! Yeah!

That....was one of the funniest things I have personally read in a LONG time....

Laugh out loud "good stuff"...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join