It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making a hot dog dissapear using microwaves

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by djjohnson
I know its fun living inyour little dillusion world, but come on people. The biggest kick I get is when the debunkers are sometimes passed off as government paid employees paid to make fun of you people because you are 'close to the truth'.

This site amused me for awhile, but I am out of here. It was truly a good source of comic relief but it is so repetitive to the point of being truly ridiculous.

Dude
would you trust the opinion of any one who didn't have a sense of humor??????

Chill man, the content is sufficient to allow any intelligent person to take this for what it is.

I pity the fool that can't laugh at them selves

OP

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The OP intrigued me to such a degree that I had to do a follow-up to this experiment. Being that the first had minimal success, I decided to get back to basics. Mabye it was the microwaves that were actually interferring with the hotdog's jump into the next dimensional plane. This could only be conducted through the process of elimination. So, I eliminated the microwave all together, the hot dog bun and any chili.

I decided to see if maybe the experiment would work better if I could break down the molecules of the hotdog first. I grabbed a pot and filled it with water. I made sure to sprinkle in a little salt to bring to a boil faster and also help with the molecular break down. I thought that maybe not using a land-line and instead, using a cell-phone would help. I thought after the molecular breakdown the molecules could be vaporized and transfered to a radio-wave, thus transporting through the cellphone, itself.

Ok. So, I brought the water to a boil and placed the hot dog in the boiling water. After about 7 minutes the hot dog plumpped enormously. This was completely the opposite of my predictions and an unforeseen event. I turned the heat to high. Next I grabbed an empty shoe box from my closet and set it next to the burner and placed my cell phone on top. This way, any molecules that were vaporized could quickly be transfers via radio wave through the phone. The hot dog reached it pinnacle girth so I reduced the heat to medium high. The steam was really rolling off now. I decided maybe I would need more water since much of the pot was boiling off in steam. Just as I turned around to grab a cup of water the shoe box burst into flame. A great success! I acheived spontaneous combustion! I immediately checked that dog, alas, still plump and mighty tender. The dog would need more time. I quickly turned on the overhead fan. Now things were really getting going! Smoke filled the kitchen. I realized I had to speed up the experiment exponentially in order for this to be a success before my entire kitchen went up in flames. I decided to coax any particles that were evaporating into the phone by pushing radiowaves into the phone myself. I ran to the next room and grabbed my land-line and dialed my cell phone. I heard it ring. Once. Twice. "How many rings are enough?", I thought to myself. I decided the magice number would be Seven rings. But, when I got to 4 and a half rings, the ringer stopped. "That must have done it!" I was sure and my excitment was peaking. I ran to the next room only to find the water had boiled over put out most of the shoe box fire. I grabbed a towel and threw it on top of the shoe box to put out the rest of the fire. I checked the pot for the dog. Still there. BUT, when I removed the towel my cell phone was trans-mutated. It must have been the water vapors interacting with the radio signal. The solid plastic had been reduced to a gooey plastic ooze. Also, my stove was toast. Not the exact expected results, but none-the-less a great surprise! Sucess in a mild way.

I plan to redo the experiment once again. Only this time hotdog and two cell phones. But first I have to replace the first one I lost. OH, and the stove. Stay tuned for more results!

I've posted the pics that I documented the experiment with:

Toasted Stove:

Disected remnants of cell phone, looking for radiowave residue from spontaneous combustion:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This is a great thread!
The hotdog experiment and the OP's avatar seem to go hand-in-hand. Cooking a hotdog in a microwave for 36 minutes.....
!! Flag and a star.

Please start a thread about your next experiment.

Peace

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Common guys stop making fun of him, he is dead serious. What he is doing is way beyond your grasp. Remember the quantum uncertainty principle. (Or the ball on a wall principle for you dummies)

If you hit a ball on a wall a good number of times, it will actually go through the wall. Thats no joke, its hardcore physics. No the wall wont break, it remain as if nothing happened. If you don't believe me ask Brain Green or watch his video.

So, to the OP - keep trying, you're the genius. May be microwaves can increase the chances of bending spacetime and help forming a black hole big enough to hurl the hotdog to another universe and who knows what.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just so there's no misunderstanding, I personally was not making fun. I love the quirky nature of the experiment and his subsequent hypothesis. I just don't want him to burn down his house with the next experiment.

Peace

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

LOL looks like you misunderstood me

Btw, some time ago I tried an experiment to use an old microwave and my PC with a net connection to teleport my real self into secondlife.com
I tried to send my keyboard first. I figured I'd need a keyboard there to move around and chat with those gorgeous people. It was a partial success.

To prove that I'm not making up a story here is a pic. My next experiment will be perfect.

www.tuxyturvy.com...

[edit on 6-9-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Now you must be wondering where did I get that brilliant idea from. Well actually it was my old buddy. He was just as clever as the OP here. I'm sure he's enjoying there in secondlife.com like hell, but I wonder how he'd look without some bones.
Here is his last pic in this dimension. He will remain an inspiration for all us ATS'ers

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Okay guys. Sorry. I had my bit of fun.

I do realize that there's much about the universe and physics that we don't understand and many things that go unrecognized because of controversial theories that go against the main-stream limits to our current laws of physics.

Some discoveries would have never come about without experiments like this. But, you have to admit ... it's a humorous effort. Altering space and time with a hot dog and a microwave?

I applaud the effort!

Starred & flagged.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
And I thought this thread was off the wall before everyone had a shot at it!

Maybe this thread should be moved from skunk works to BTS? it seems to have taken a spin from the serious to the funny.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Dunno about dimensional travel, kind of think the hotdog would just vaporize or explode, but you can make plasma in a microwave:

Microwave Plasma

Google Video

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
this thread belongs in skunkworks hey MODs warp time and space and put this thread where it belongs,seriously how does the author of this thread even know how to breathe much less "warp time and space"

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The microwave needs to be traveling at 88 mph for such a time dilation effect to occur. Also, you need 1.21 gigawatts injected into your flux capacitor.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I would think you'd have better luck with using your dryer. I mean, everyone has had socks go missing in the dryer
. But I dont remember the last time a chimichanga came up missing in the microwave lol.

Oh and that 100 ants in a ziploc bag had me rofl

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You forgot two things. 2 pairs of intense scalar electromagnetic fields counter rotating at an extremely high velocity (36.859 %speed of light), and you needed to pulse the microwaves at a frequency harmonic to the mag. fields....

but I still don't think the hotdog would have ended up the phone line.
sorry.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This experiment unbeknowst to Jedi is already sending ripples through the scientific establishment as well as -Military-Food Industrial complex.Its potential to revolutionize molecular transport is quite simply, no less than staggering. I think it only appropriate that Mr.Jedi be heaped with accolades here first, before the Nobel selection committee gets to him.
His experiment appears to have been done with careful forethought and adherence to the principles of scientific inquiry; Hypothesis, methodology,testing,results,and as an understatement, a brilliant conclusion.
As we post here the data from countless repilcations conducted by our posters across the globe is coming in now to ATS, that indeed the hotdogs, the "schnitzels, wieners, and Knockworsts,"so to speak, are disappearing in not only microwaves, but by droves in food aisles in grocery and deli outlets from Washington to Berlin as well. WE can thank Jedi (may we call you Jed?) for bringing science to the masses. Indeed if You would allow us here Mr.Jed I would in my own humble way enjoy referring to you..as "The Carl Sagan of Time Travel Technology", a visionary and prophet.

Fellow members, this truly has been a momentous occasion in our and no doubt, mankinds ability to master the mysteries of science.

I ask as in any such endeavour that precautions not be abandoned while we are still in the delirium of success.

A caveat is in order that in the next few days someone's phone or cell pphone may unexpectdly ring. DO NOT, I repeat again, DO NOT place it in close proximity to your ear as a serious injury may result! These " food borne transmissions are traveling at very high velocities and you would not appreciate exiting your sporty BMW wearing yoour best Dockers and a warm Ball Park hot dog firmly embedded in either one of your ears!

AS for the more timid here, you can still enjoy with the rest of us this succes story, and gingerly go to your windows or porches and observe the large plumes of smoke billowing from a landscape of burning homes, take a deep breath and remark "how sweet it is" and for the tad more daring, march to the mainsquare with your friends waving hotdogs in unison chanting JediMiller this ones for you!

Congratulations and a "Hug" from all of us!

Sys

[edit on 6-9-2007 by Sys_Config]

[edit on 6-9-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Now this is makin' me do some thinkin'! So I says to myself, Self? What would make that hot dog jump into a phone line......... Hmmmmmmmmmm........

Oh my god, I was laughing so hard I cried when I read this.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Has anyone stopped to think, if the author of this post actually did this and posted his results in a serious manner, all this poking fun at his expense may have just driven him away? Despite some of the funny and outlandish things that have come forward in this thread, isnt it against the spirit of ATS to ridicule someone, for so long, over something so trivial? Maybe its just me...

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You didn't prove or disprove anything except that you have a lot of time at work being able to put a hot dog for consecutive 36 minute terms. Please why do you waste peoples time with science that you can't prove. Well ok im sorry that is the purpose of ATS but you DIDN'T show any science, unless you think the word microwaves and time travel are scientific.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I was able to complete experiment successfully, only didn't use a microwave or a hot dog, and even found that the phone was not necessary.

I simply filled a pot with water, placed it on the stove, and turned the heat to high. Sure enough, given enough time, every last drop of water had evacuated to a parallel dimension.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
as interesting as the premise is, it's pretty clear that you are unfamiliar with microwaves, and how a microwave oven works.

Microwaves are simply radio waves, chopped up into specific frequencies, allowing them to be absorbed by water, fats and sugars.

Food contains those same molecules that become excited as the radio waves strike them. This excitement turns into heat, which cooks your food

I don't see how this would lead anyone to think they could somehow bend space and time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join