It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making a hot dog dissapear using microwaves

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
OK
So, you have a job where they made you take a microwave, put mirrors inside it, and then cook a chili dog for 36 minutes? Titor, is this you?
The TX-179 CHilimatic TimeBender 3000s is easier to use then an f-body GM car.

If you really want to know about things disappearing, look into Martin Martietta in the 80's and the work they were doing with optics and lasers.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So now what? Are you going to try an animal next? Sounds to me like the beginning of a very sad news report, coming soon.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I seriously had a good laugh reading the OP post and the rest of the thread, it was hilarious.

Seriously...wow...just...the concept...how on earth...did you hook the microwave up to the phone at least? How does it go from the microwave to the phone? Also, how delusional are you? Have you not taken your meds?

I swear I've been sending this thread to people on my MSN list in the same way I send them links to jokes.

[edit on 9/5/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
If you stare at a hot-dog in the microwave for 36 minutes at a time, strange things will indeed occur.
Stare at anything long enough and the mind will entertain itself, in fact when I was much younger I stared at a picture on the wall and it disappeared!
I even made my feet disappear!
You stare at something in the nuker, and say to yourself as you drool "Why is this taking so long"
, then you start tripping hard as your entree rotates in a mind numbing hypnotic fashion

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Okay to many other people in this thread let me just clear the misconception that using a microwave is "nuking" your food. Microwaves do not equal radiation.

Hell, if it did, I'd imagine your food would have to go through a decontamination process, and by then it could be cold.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I was Performing an experiment at work last week. The premise: To make a chili dog dissapear in a microwave. What would happen if you left the hot dog inside the microwave ongoing forever? would the Dog Dissapear or would it just burn out? I am a believer in traveling thru time and space and my goal was to make the hot dog enter a dimension parallel to a phone line next to the microwave. The study had some problems, as how would the hot dog enter the phone line and re-apear outside the physical world.

I cooked the Hot Dog for 36 minutes. I observed a shift in the time relating to the object as it rotated. I could almost see the hot dog move and explode inside the microwave. So, I opened the door and the Hot Dog was still there. but once again I started the timer at 36 minutes. And so on.

Eventually. My observation was due. I can safely assure you all that the experiment was as success the hot dog had almost dissapeared, all I could see were left over stains and parts of the bread, assuming here that the bread evaporated or entered the parallel universes contained in the telephone next door. Prior to the experiment I had the receiver of the telephone off the base so there was a busy tone and sound could enter via the voice receptors.

Conclusion: The hot dog seemed to have dissapeared, of course that could have been the breakdown of the molecules based on heat and rotation. but overall, the mass of the hot dog had been minimized. Success there. Failure at the other end, as I never got to see the hot dog travel space and transport it's matter into the telephone. I know it was a silly experiment, but I thought I give it a try.

Any suggestions or comments?

thefatlady replies:

I can make a hot dog disappear after I remove it from the microwave: apply ketchup and mustard Mmmmmmm...! Yum! Seriously, I think it's unlikely any mass was moved to some mysterious unknown place, but the experiment you tried / the principle you are interested in is being explored by gov't scientists. They haven't made any more progress so far than you have. Sadly I am unable to say more because the physics are too arcane for me. I cannot converse intelligently on this subject.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I can't help . That is absolutely hilarious...and at work even
Next time try putting in a whole turkey or chicken, on high for and hour. This person is on to something....I think we need a thread like this every now and then. Breaks things up a bit...seriously man I can't stop laughing. This thread gets a flag for sure

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
smh....some of you guys are pretty harsh

this is skunk works after all

give the joking a rest

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
I can't help . That is absolutely hilarious...and at work even
Next time try putting in a whole turkey or chicken, on high for and hour. This person is on to something....I think we need a thread like this every now and then. Breaks things up a bit...seriously man I can't stop laughing. This thread gets a flag for sure

thefatlady replies:

A frozen turkey in saran wrap maybe, the chicken would be a solid inedible brick of charred chicken jerky--please don't ask how I know! If you cook a chicken that long in the microwave you might need a fire extinguisher! Some of my kids have learned to cook at very young ages in self-defense!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thefatlady

Experience is the best teacher after all
Ay yes the imagination of children

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Microwaves are light. EM radiation, lower frequency than visible light.

Nothing magical here.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well think of it this way, if it did travel through time to the next dimension, if our continent in the next dimension was full of poverty, then some lucky person has god his lunch!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Every time I get a new microwave, the old one goes through a series of experiments until they cease to function.
Stuff I have microwaved:

1 apple (fruit)-47min........ There was a black stain in the bottom of the oven, and lots of smoke, and it reaked real bad.

Wifes old cellphone for 15 min. it caught on fire at the beginning of minute 4. It was pretty spectacular to watch. Motorola I believe it was.

A giant chocolate muffin. 35 min... It caught on fire in the middle by minute 5, and looked like a volcano. By minute 12 it was a stain minute 35 it lost a lot of weight.

A ziplock bag with about 100 ants and a small amount if strawberry ice cream. All the ants died instantly when the power came on
But I am certain, the only other dimension they were in was hell. No time travel or anything.

Maybe you should plug the phone line into whatever you are microwaving, and the other end into your internal modem, and microwave away. Maybe the the chili dog would jump into your comp and dance around on the screen.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
OK. so I tried the experiment and at minute 15 the glass expoded and I now have cuts and 3rd degree burns on my face since you told me to watch it. My boss is pissed and says it is not covered under workers comp? Maybe I should have not used a ball park frank. I am sadly reminded of the time travle device in Napoleon Dynamite.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I have a guaranteed experiment to make a hotdog disappear while traveling through space-time. It really works, too!!

I ATE IT!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Funny thread. Now I'm waiting to see it take the front page with HOAX added to the title

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Didn't jedimiller tell you to wear protective glasses?

Just take a look at his avatar.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
****Free post***

Aha.. this thursday begin the best way it could >> with a GOOD LAUGH

Gimme some more c'mon!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Yeah, I saw this before and didn't want to just start .... um... ranting.

This is a pretty funny thread though and I got a good kick to come back on tonight and see it had made the top 3 flagged articles banner... lol... nice job guys..

Seriously though, if you want to move an object to another dimension, just learn how to control the atoms in your own body or anything else. After all, all matter is mostly empty space at the really small level, so if you can learn to control how the atoms move, you could slip them by each other and do some pretty cool things, like walking through walls and all that other fun stuff..

Wonder if that's what the enlightened people of the past were doing with their miracles?

Hmmm, and now my head hurts... Heh, but at least the snickering is worth it.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Put a midget with some sketch pads and a camera into the Microwave for 2 hours. It would make for an amazing discovery of another dimension.

Thanks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join