It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Submarine Base Under the Nevada Desert?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The Pahrump Valley is suppose to have a huge underground aquifers. Some of the people on the flats are complaining that their well water is too low. The wells have to be dug deeper and deeper, in certain areas of the valley. This was never a problem before, but the population has increased substantially.
As far, as subs being down there.....I wouldn't rule-out anything our government might do. When we were out at Devils Hole to see the pupfish. THAT'S A GOOD SIZE AREA! They've got it all blocked off now, but you can still see it from behind the tall chain-link fence. I'm no expert, but believe a small submarine could fit, in there without a problem. It looks deep enough to me.
Pahrump-means water over the rock or something like that. The whole valley was underwater millions of years ago. Evidence is....it was nearly to the top of Mount Charleston. Found a 300 million year old Crinoid on my property to prove it.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I think Mr Lear is onto something here. If you in any way dont belive it go to Hawthorn for yourself. Spend a few hours there and you will be convinced. The place is strange, and always has been. I dont know enough to say if there are huge underground oceans out there...but NOTHING in that area would suprise me. I never would have guessed fishing was Ok there, it is not a huge fishing area I can tell you that. The winters out there can be BRUTAL to put it mildly. Wind and friggin cold to the bone. On the far side of that lake is something big and expensive.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Very interesting read! Some months ago, i posted an thread about a very big
underground base at the China Lake Naval Weapons Base. It is also in the middle of an desert.

The earthquake pattern in google earth is a possbile sign of an very big underground base beneath the Base there.

There was also information about an underground training center there but
thats all we found out about this base in my thread:

Possible super huge underground base

You can see a picture with the earthquake pattern there, check it out pls.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Sorry Mr. Lear, I wish I could help you more, I did a quick RV and all I could see is a huge diamond shape cave that is white, maybe because of the colors of the rocks, I'm kind of tired right now, maybe tomorrow I get a better reading and let you know.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Zorba found a plasma reactor at Aristarchus on the moon? Is that the upper right corner of the moon where there are remnants and similarities of a possible ancient city? In reply to the possible carverns underneath California, there are also caverns in central america that go in many miles so it would not suprise me. However caverns under the mountainousCalifornia reaching inland over 200 miles ???? with all the earthquakes, hard to understand how they have not caved in over time.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
This story makes me wonder: What are we filling up caverns we're creating by sucking up all the oil from all over the world? Are we leaving holes in the earth? How much digging and excavating can we do before we hit the wrong spot?

I don't suppose it's entirely necessary to understand everything; but the attempt is necessary.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

There is an old Moravian legend that someone will dig into the Earth in Bohemia and the gate to Hell will open with fire and brimstone shooting into the sky like a fountain.

I've always thought that a cautionary tale ... perhaps it is ancient wisdom from a disaster that happened long long ago.

Most of the First Nations in Canada and the Amerindians in the USA have very strict law about not taking anything out of the Earth ... especially uranium. Ancient wisdom from a long ago disaster? ... with each passing year I come to believe that it is more and more possible a memory of something 10,000 years ago or so.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

1. Could you explain the history and operation of the the Navy underground peronnel transportation referred to as 'the tubes'.

As interesting as this entire thread is, this new "tubes" topic has captured my attention. I am also very interested in to socalsonly's response to 'the tubes'.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
2 quick questions

one - how do these " tunnels / caverns " bypass or pass through the san andreas fault ?

two - how do submarines get to hawthorne - specificly tackling the 1000m difference in elevation ?

i guess two b is : if there was a continuous water course from hawthorne to the pacific how does it maintain the head ?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
reply to post by TarzanBeta

There is an old Moravian legend that someone will dig into the Earth in Bohemia and the gate to Hell will open with fire and brimstone shooting into the sky like a fountain.

I've always thought that a cautionary tale ... perhaps it is ancient wisdom from a disaster that happened long long ago.

Most of the First Nations in Canada and the Amerindians in the USA have very strict law about not taking anything out of the Earth ... especially uranium. Ancient wisdom from a long ago disaster? ... with each passing year I come to believe that it is more and more possible a memory of something 10,000 years ago or so.

Wow! Good post and questions guys. What you've reminded me of a scene in the movie Star Trek: The Undiscovered County where the Klingon moon, Praxis, exploded from "overmining and disregard for safety measures", thus ruining the Klingon's military economy. Praxis was a prime source of dilithium crystals, which is an energy source necessary for warp drives.

Myths, fables, and legends are continually told throughout the ages, and many times are told in settings unlike the originals. There's no doubt in my mind that the writers of Star Trek, and other writers of science fiction, write cautionary tales with material drawn from persistent myths. There are lots of sayings that are eons old that are present in all cultures, and nearly all of them serve as cautionary reminders.

I did not know about the First Nations of Canada and the Amerindians of the USA with regards to their laws about taking out of the Earth. In fact, I've not heard of any laws or myths that prohibit against such activity, at least that I can consciously remember, but ever since I first saw photos of mining operations, getting an idea of what it really is about, I've felt uneasy about it. Many folks seem to hold some sort of contempt for mining, even though they've grown to depend on the resources produced by it. As this relates to Lear's OP, I shuddered when I read the statements about Long Beach, CA sinking 24 feet due to oil drilling! There's no doubt in my mind that every time an accident occurs, myths of old propagate.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by Areal51]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   

1. Could you explain the history and operation of the the Navy underground peronnel transportation referred to as 'the tubes'.

I'm not sure the "tube" lingo is actually being used in the context that my experience derives from. I've worked/visited underground installations/facilities on numerous occasions, and a few have been equipped with "tube transport" systems, but it didn't strike me as anything unusual or advanced. Have you ever taken an underground tram from one airport concourse to another? As far as the "history" behind our nation's underground transportation networks, who knows. I've only been a passenger, not a part of the engineering firm. However, for what it's worth (wink-wink), you should investigate more beginning here:

www.isuft.com...

2. Give us the specs on the Fleet 21, range, weapons, deployment

Are you referring to SSN-21 Seawolf?

3. What is the smallest (in length of the hull) nuclear powered submarine.

The smallest nuclear powered submarine within the US fleet is the NR-1. Here a couple of links for your pleasure:

www.csg2.navy.mil...

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
She came out of refit, so the thinking was that something occurred during refit that was flawed. They know she was taking on water, because they were able to hear it in the transmission.

I can only go on what is admitted and as far as i know there was no evidence of serious flooding.. A 'in the know' type posted earlier saying as much but once again there is not much i can do with hearsay...

Stellar

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Originally posted by Zaphod58

And no matter what you have to say about the sinking of the Scorpion, that is still the official cause of her sinking that is on record.

I would respectfully remind you that he official cause of the Pentagon fire on 911 is that a Boeing 757 crashed into it.

yeh right we forgot that it was those holographic projecters you mentioned in that other thread

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This apparently is not only a training establishment, but probably another 'Groom Lake'. Walker Lake, though shrunk considerably, is sufficiently deep for training and testing of mini attack subs, and Walker River provides the extra length. An additional factor could be research into propulsion systems aboard these mini subs which cannot be risked by testing them in the open seas due to the secrecy involved.

Remember, some credible naval witnesses of higher ranks have mentioned objects (UFOs) plunging into the ocean and traveling underwater at tremendous speeds. Is this lake being used to test back-engineered alien propulsion systems that can move an object at great speeds under water as well as in space?

What better place than a secured area surrounded by mountains having restricted access? Check out this pic, especially toward the top left (Enlarged in the second pic). Notice something interesting? What are those huge square and circular structures/pits? Are some filled with water? Do they lead to the Pacific Ocean through some underground system of water ways? Probably.

Walker Lake Nevada Landsat image

Enlargement of the area at top of image....

Enlargement of area North of Walker Lake.

Is this another ‘Area 51’ for testing/training on submarines having esoteric back-engineered alien technology? If not, then why the mind boggling secrecy? But all this could be conjecture. Would we ever know for sure? I think not.

Cheers!

Landsat image from Wikipedia

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
What better place than a secured area surrounded by mountains having restricted access?

What restricted access ?????????????????????

A highway runs along side it

There are lake front properties [ privately owned ]

You can fish in it , swim in it – hire boats or launch your own

See here : state park website

Check out this pic, especially toward the top left (Enlarged in the second pic). Notice something interesting? What are those huge square and circular structures/pits? Are some filled with water?

No they are still crops – and irrigation systems – how m,any times does this have to be explained ?

Do they lead to the Pacific Ocean through some underground system of water ways? Probably.

Probably not

Care to explain how a continuous water chanel from walker lake [ elevation 1100m ] to the pacific [ elevation 0m ] maintains its head ???

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
oh - and here

is a hi res crop of the area - its blatantly obvious that it is crops - you can even see a fallow area

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This is a very interesting subject and while the debate on the lost submarine and other issues are interesting. Should we not interject some hard facts into the discussion? Let's look at the geology of the area.

I am not a geologist, but I fail to see an east west structure to the ocean. I see more of a north south structure. I am I missing something?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yes a highway runs along it, but before you come into town from the south/east there are honest to god hundreds of bunkers covered with ground camo...hell you can google earth that. as you come in you cross rail tracks and a entrance to some kind of NAVY facility. Several times I have seen long before 9-11 2001 military with long beards in bdu's driving around town. That is one of the things that stood out on my mind for whatever reason. Not rednecks lol.....military. there is some kind of ARMY ammo storage area there as well. i am not doubting that people swim or fish there but I have never seen it. Most of the shoreline along the highway is steep as hell. if memory serves there are a few small bars and a couple shops a McDonalds and that is about it. Use to be a empty police car that sat at the little store at the end of the lake that made your heart flutter if you were speeding around that curve
got me more than once...and yes there is RESTRICTED access.....Jesus there is one side of the lake you cant get close too without getting pounced on by security. not many fences but a buttload of security...Try driving 4x4 around that lake and tell me there is no restricted access.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Originally posted by socalsonly

As far as the "history" behind our nation's underground transportation networks, who knows. I've only been a passenger, not a part of the engineering firm. However, for what it's worth (wink-wink), you should investigate more beginning here:

Thanks for your post socalsonly. No, I am referring to that (wink-wink) system. I am refering to a completely separate Navy underground tube transportation system that extends world wide, the hub of which used to be below the submarine pens in San Diego and was accessed by an escalator. If you are uncomfortable with this question you might give us a simple "I can neither confirm nor deny..."

Are you referring to SSN-21 Seawolf?

No, I would be referring to the fully automated battleship "Fleet 21".

The smallest nuclear powered submarine within the US fleet is the NR-1. Here a couple of links for your pleasure:

No, the one I am talking about is about 40 feet long and has an opening in the top for the ROV's. If you are uncomfortable with this question a simple..."I can neither confirm or deny" would be satisfactory.

Thanks again for joining here at ATS. We appreciate having the well-informed.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
So are any of you going to try and explain the fact that the area is approximately 3960 feet above sea level yet maintains its water level?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join