It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African shaman performing levitation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
eyewitness86,
of course it's a trick. Look at the videos of Chris Angel levitating and doing a much better job the ole shaman boy.

There's nothing spiritual here, just a decent magician.

You don't see any props, lines, etc. when Chris Angel does it either. He doesn't claim to be a shaman. He's a really good entertainer.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
eyewitness86 wrote,

NO PROOF of props means NO PROPS are there.

No it doesn't. It means the props could be really well hidden like when magicians do their tricks. If everyone could see magic props, wires, etc. nobody would watch magic shows. How can you not see that?

Magicians like:
David Copperfield
Chris Angel
The Amazing Johnathan
Lance Burton
Harry Houdini
Penn & Teller
The Amazing Kreskin
Siegfried & Roy
David Blaine
ETC............

are popular for a reason. They're good at what they do. None of them claim to be mystical shamans though.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Here's a video of Chris Angel revealing how he does his levitation. I suppose eyewitness86 is going to say that he only fakes it when he's on the ground and it's real other times???
www.youtube.com...

eyewitness86 wrote

and also remember that for many years, not ONE other person on earth has been able to duplicate Cris Angels events. Not one. Ever.

Actually here is a video of David Copperfield levitating too

www.youtube.com...

Here's another video which explains the Golf Course Levitation
www.youtube.com...

Here's another video of a Chris Angel Levitation explained.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

I cant understand what I am reading here in the post you make sir..
I am fully shocked how you can sit there and say how close minded I am. And how I am in denail??? Really Im kinda lost for words right now..

What a shame that none of you who disbelieve this event can show any tricks or props or wires..never.

Thats part of the trick.. Your not suppose to see that stuff??? Ummm it wouldnt be a trick if you saw the wires now would it??

Props.. the 2nd camera man was a prop.. His baggy clothes had a big role in this trick.. And if you think thats just a poor guess, well buddy, I have news for you. You wont find many that respect the words you write on here.. I for one, added you to my foe list. I will leave it at that..

And as far as Chriss goes.. He has stated many times. He has no powers, that are out of this world. A dog could sit there and Bark, and you will still say its a duck...
Good luck there buddy.. I dont have much else to add becasue IM so beside myself right now.. maybe more later..
People get hurt, and duped the world over, and you sit here and defend those frauds!!!

Not Chriss, he came out and said publicly what he does, I have respect for Chriss.. Not these self claimed Magical men..

Edit: Added last thought..

[edit on 3-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

quote:
"A lot of what i do is REAL, a lot of what i do is an ILLUSION. I try to blur between both and leave it to the people to decide. what it is".

It's easy to say everything is just a trick, but using some basic knowledge of physics, why can't anybody explain how these "tricks" are done?

Who funded the African shaman so he could build a contraption so that could levitate? any ideas?

...and as far as having a reason to levitate. you don't need one. why do people play instruments or smoke cigarettes or... ?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Who funded the african shaman??? seriously that is a real question?

Just because the guy lives in africa doesn't mean he's so poor that he can't afford to put together a magic trick.

Thats like saying just because someone lives in the USA, it means they're wealthy.

I have posted a number of video links showing how Chris Angel did his levitation.

He's a great magician but he's not a paranormal being.

I can't believe people actually believe this shaman thing is real???!?!?!?!?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
well if there is something on that video that he is using to levitate i don't see it.
maybe he edited it out using his high tech computer at home. right?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

Since I dont watch much TV anymore, I didnt see that one! Thanks for sharing!
I dont have an clue how he does what he did there..

But I do know this.. Fox news is not to be trusted.. They lie to us about everything anyway.. So whats stopping Fox from being another prop itself.
Chriss is making a great name for himself!! I have alot of respect for the man!! He pulls the wool over the eyes, gets into your mind, and makes his reality YOURS. Great work Chriss does!!!

YOu should add this vid to the Chriss angel thread..

Back to the shaman.. I dont know who funded him.. But I dont think it would be all that costly to pull that off.. Can I do it??

The answer is yes, with enough time and money I could do this trick..

Anyone could.. the magic of cameras, props, and mental projection..

Seeing is not beliving.. I think we have prooved this on ATS..

IM not shutting all the doors on magic.. I do know that if there is "magic"
Then its just something we dont understand. But not magic in the sense that its being presented..

Magic to me, is like going back in time, and running up to a caveman with a Bick lighter.. It seems magical to them.. Yet to me, I know its just flint and steel.. Magic is magic to some, yet to me, its just another step up from what we understand...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
jaydenx wrote,

well if there is something on that video that he is using to levitate i don't see it.
maybe he edited it out using his high tech computer at home. right?

You don't see it because it's a good trick. Just like all the good tricks out there, you aren't supposed to see it.

Maybe he did. Do you think that just because he lives in africa, he lives in a hut and hunts monkeys with spears, and shrinks heads??

People in africa have personal computers you know.

I doubt it's a computer related trick. There are alot of magicians around the world that have performed this type of levitation stunt. Again, I have posted a few and there are alot more on YOUTUBE which you can find yourself.

ITS JUST A MAGIC TRICK !!!

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

You only saw what you wanted to see.. The camera man didnt do a full 360 camera angel.. Nope they only showed you the money shot..

You didnt get to fully see everything.. Thats the "magic".

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Look at it this way,
Do you really think that the woman in the box is really cut in half?
Do you really think the jumbo jet has dematerialized ?
Do you really think the statue of liberty was shifted into another dimension?
Do you really think... well you get the picture.

Just another trick done well.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Shamanism is based on the premise that the visible world is pervaded by invisible forces or spirits that affect the lives of the living.

Wikipedia Entry On Shamanism

Shamans are represented in many cultures all over the world. They believe that they receive their powers from spirits.

The feat was done in a shamanic style and at first glance it doesn't appear to have been performed with the idea in mind that it would be dissected at length in ATS - by skeptics, by experienced mystics, as well as by those who are open-minded and in a learning mode. Then again, maybe it was. The lighting was poor and it would have been better if there was a well lit camera angle to pan 360 degrees around him when he was levitating.

Regardless, it does appear to be a demonstration of a genuine Gift of Telekinesis; which can also be referred to as a Gift of Prana, a Gift of Ki, a Gift of Chi, a Gift of the Force, and a Gift of Chi-Telekinesis.

My own intuitive Gift of Discernment - which came through this morning - tells me that there were only approximately 500 yellow energy discarnates that provided the Shaman with his Gift of Levitation. This is the reason behind his not so graceful ending of the feat with him falling like a rock onto his back. Ouch

The Group Entity, being too small, could not maintain the required level of energy in The Light in order to grant the Shaman a graceful ending to his levitation.

Compare this feat to the numerous high levitations of Criss Angel, who has a much larger Group Entity with approximately 3600 yellow energy discarnates. For example, when you see Criss Angel flying around and over a tree at a golf course, at no point does he just fall to the ground. This signifies a much more powerful and stable Gift of Prana

I post this as a reference for those who are experienced mystics, for those who are open to learning, and for everyone who has already progressed in understanding beyond the mentality of Gee...I wonder if magick exists?

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Oh no!! The thread has been hijacked by the Chris Angel Cult

It is just a magic (not majick) trick, he just doesn't get paid as much as Angel

Illusionaists and magicians all try to hide any prop or method from their act, it maintains mystery, copyright
and bums on seats. So very rarely do you find evidence of prop or method. Hollywood too, hides its methods...often revealing elements of it in money making "Special Edition" DVD's. Martial art movies have used similar techniques.

Using the Chris Angel Cults argument, any illusionist, magician or movie, where there has been no "evidence" of a prop, is an actual demonstration of something called chi-telekinesis or some other delusional, mystical craft/skill.

Get real. From enough distance you wouldn't be able to see the rope an abseiler is using...is that a magic skill or not enough information?

You can't see the wings of a bee moving with your unaided eye. Does the bee magically hide its wings and by chi-TK move through the air?

I think it is fingers in the air going "La la la" posts like those, that make me realise why ATS has an ignore button

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I really can't believe anyone thinks this is real??? With all the videos posted and all the videos available showing this magic trick but alot better, why would anyone think it's anything more then a magic trick????

It makes me wonder if someone is going to suggest that magicians are witches which need to be "purified". Flashback to the Salem witch trials...

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
i think that the general consensus is incorrect,
we cannot judge or grade the 'levitation' act...using empirical science as the judging tool.

the 'magic' the shaman is utilizing is in a different realm...
the realm of Mythological Tradition is where 'magic' and 'religion', even 'poetry' Live
& exist.

my guess is that the shaman did a levitation performance so as to
promote his station, attract more eyes & gain more recognition....
rather than to satisfy or 'prove' the actuality of 'levitation',
with greater fame & community recognition the shaman should
receive greater & more valuable gifts/donations for his services in the future.

understand the shaman is not a 'magician' or a 'illusionist',
as only One Poster -> "Paul-Richard" pointed out for our interest.

the magic the shaman performed, has its own set of rules & rationalizations,
the magic is a manipulation/control of Natural Forces
(by all manner) including the invoking of 'super-natural forces'

the levitation, is to rise or cause to rise into the air,
in apparent defiance of gravity....

its all in a different Reality & Belief system folks
~in a court of law, there was nothing fake about the shamans act of levitation,
he performed in accordance with the detailed explainations of magic & levitation~
it is only the viewers that draw incorrect conclusions & shout fake, fraud, trickery..

see; education.yahoo.com...
see; education.yahoo.com...

[edit on 5-9-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
i~in a court of law, there was nothing fake about the shamans act of levitation,
he performed in accordance with the detailed explainations of magic & levitation~
it is only the viewers that draw incorrect conclusions & shout fake, fraud, trickery..
[edit on 5-9-2007 by St Udio]

You have to be freakin kidding me right?? In a court of law??
Oh man thats laughable!! You know innocent men spend years in prison for crimes they didnt do?? Did you know that?

He perfermed in accordance to what? Prana? is that what you are calling it these days? I know all about this and am well versed enough to know, that to me chi, prana is an energy life force that makes us up.. We do not have control over this! It is the life force that binds us, not makes us float threw the air!!

I said he was using tricks, And if you read my post, I said that this magic of yours, is only something one step up from what we understand..

This Chriss Angel cult really takes things out of context! We didnt draw incorrect conclusions, but then agin, let me bet, you went and bought a Tesla Energy shield right??

I do belive in a lot of things, but sorry guy.. Im not falling for this one..
To many have been duped in the past. And for me to sit here and say yes yes yes.. Is just not denying ignorance, IMO.. But thats why we are here right? To get every side to the story..

So you guys that run with that belife, have fun with that.. But you are never going to make me think that this shaman is using the life force to levitate, it doesnt work like that on this mundane sphere.. Prehaps in other places around the universe.. To much Iron here.

Ever read about the mundane sphere or Iron?? I have, so dont think we are not well read on this subject...

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
You are quite right St Udio.
:

Inexperience as well as prejudice does lead the viewer to draw inaccurate conclusions.

The same energy that enables Criss Angel to levitate is the same energy that allowed the Shaman to levitate. It has existed for time immemorial. In fact, it existed before any of us did.

In India they refer to it as Prana. In Japan they call it Ki. In China they call it Chi or Qi. Catholics call it The Holy Spirit. Christians call it Jesus. Parapsychologists call it Telekinesis or Psychokinesis. It is all the same energy and it cannot be directly measured by physical instrumentation, simply because it does not stem from the material Universe at all, but from the discarnate dimensions above the physical realm.

Ah...but that is the problem now for most in this thread, isn't it?

In order to truly believe that there is an energy that transcends the physical spectrum, then one has to be open to ideas like life before life and life after death, that we are constantly surrounded by BILLIONS of spirits, that there is an order to ALL THAT IS, and that we are ultimately held accountable for all our actions and intentions.

Better for most to just cry TRICKERY to all the miracles lest they have to face the emotional crisis of embracing the implications of the above

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

My own intuitive Gift of Discernment - which came through this morning - tells me that there were only approximately 500 yellow energy discarnates that provided the Shaman with his Gift of Levitation. This is the reason behind his not so graceful ending of the feat with him falling like a rock onto his back. Ouch

Paul,

For us mere mortals with zero abilities all we ask for is for better facts. As in the case of Criss we just follow a logical flow.

1. He is a magician that has done mundane trick all his life
2. Because of this we assume all his tricks are just skillful tricks
3. If some of his tricks are real then they need to be proven that they
are real
4.To do this he must perform them in an environment not of his choosing and under strict observation. If he can do it by a back door to some building for passersbys then he can do it in a controlled room for scientist.

If all these 100s (1000s?) of magicians, shaman, you-name-its can do the real thing then us zero ability mortals need just one to step forward to do their feats as suggested. We are not here to say it is not true, but we need it documented with a controlled test free of external variables, and it is as simple as that. When we debunk a video like the shaman we are looking for it to be true, but we find critical errors (like no back view or a 360 view) that create many variables as to why he can lift off the ground.

As hard as you and others argue this point why is it so hard for you to see our side and understand that we all can be on the same side? But some of us need further proof as I explained above. Take your ability, is this something that be measured in some way, or do I just take your word for it? Do I see a TV show and say that it is 100% factually real? Maybe I should, but if you do have powers then you should be patience with those that do not, and work within our restraints to help enlighten us.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard

In India they refer to it as Prana. In Japan they call it Ki. In China they call it Chi or Qi. Catholics call it The Holy Spirit. Christians call it Jesus. Parapsychologists call it Telekinesis or Psychokinesis. It is all the same energy and it cannot be directly measured by physical instrumentation, simply because it does not stem from the material Universe at all, but from the discarnate dimensions above the physical realm.

We have talked in the past. You sound like a broken record here man..
We are not saying Prana is not real!!! We are not saying no way!! No way something out of this world exsists!!! Please dont insult me!!

We are simply saying, This shaman in the video is not using what you describe as prana. So I will buy this hook line and sinker, if you show me these guys doing it under a control enviroment!!!
Yet no one, and I mean no one has come to this controled enviroment!
Why I ask Paul... Why is that?

We are not here to say it is not true, but we need it documented with a controlled test free of external variables, and it is as simple as that. When we debunk a video like the shaman we are looking for it to be true, but we find critical errors (like no back view or a 360 view) that create many variables as to why he can lift off the ground.

As hard as you and others argue this point why is it so hard for you to see our side and understand that we all can be on the same side? But some of us need further proof as I explained above.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Paul,

For us mere mortals with zero abilities all we ask for is for better facts. As in the case of Criss we just follow a logical flow.

1. He is a magician that has done mundane trick all his life
2. Because of this we assume all his tricks are just skillful tricks
3. If some of his tricks are real then they need to be proven that they
are real
4.To do this he must perform them in an environment not of his choosing and under strict observation. If he can do it by a back door to some building for passersbys then he can do it in a controlled room for scientist.

So as to avoid hijacking this thread, the topic of Criss Angel is better discussed in the other applicable thread, which has been active today.

If all these 100s (1000s?) of magicians, shaman, you-name-its can do the real thing then us zero ability mortals need just one to step forward to do their feats as suggested.

I would estimate that the number of people on this planet who can perform some sort of spirit-powered levitation and not high off the ground, to be in the dozens, not in the hundreds and certainly not in the thousands.

We are not here to say it is not true, but we need it documented with a controlled test free of external variables, and it is as simple as that. When we debunk a video like the shaman we are looking for it to be true, but we find critical errors (like no back view or a 360 view) that create many variables as to why he can lift off the ground.

I also mentioned the camera and lighting problems with that video.

One thing to look for is this...

Control.

When there is a lack of control, it often points to a Gift as opposed to a prop behind it.

Why?

Because Gifts come from without, not from within.

The Shaman falling on his back indicates a lack of control.

As hard as you and others argue this point why is it so hard for you to see our side and understand that we all can be on the same side? But some of us need further proof as I explained above. Take your ability, is this something that be measured in some way, or do I just take your word for it? Do I see a TV show and say that it is 100% factually real? Maybe I should, but if you do have powers then you should be patience with those that do not, and work within our restraints to help enlighten us.

If you follow the guidelines that I offer, you could learn to do exactly what I do and you don't need to join a Group Entity or pay any money whatsoever. But it does require a lot of patience, practice, and overall discipline.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join