It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Reggae Fans??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
ziggy marley is great, him and stephen and kymani marley sound very much like their father. My favorite Marley is Damian Jr. Gong Marley, I think he has a great style, kind of like what I imagine Bob Marley would have if he was alive and influenced by hip hop.

btw...I'm glad to see some new reggae fans on this thread

one love

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Wow! I had no idea that there was more out there besides Bob and Ziggey Marley. So the whole family was in on the act. I'll have to check this out and see what the others sound like.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
bob marley had like 12 or 13 kids with different women, almost all the kids are involved in the music industry. The girls are Ziggy's back up, they use to call themselves the Melody Makers, I think they now go by Ghetto Youth, if you check one of my posts, I have their site listed.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yes, I would consider myself a Reggae Fan!

I like Reggae music and what it represents.

I am also a part of the local DJ-Selecta group called Roots In Session promoting this kind of Culture Move in Slovenia.

Peace and Respect to all Reggae Fans Around the Globe!

Keep Up the Good Vibration!

Top 10 Reggae Artists in no Order:

1.Dennis Brown

2.Bob Marley

3.Capleton

4.Sizzla

5.Peter Tosh

6.King Tubby

7.Lee Perry

8.Black Uhuru

9.Burning Spear

10.Misty In Roots

What? Its the End already? Just to name few of my Favs!

Cheers!

[edit on 31/3/05 by Souljah]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The current number 1 song on both New York and South Florida reggae charts: Damian Jr Gong Marley Welcome to Jamrock

i love this song

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
The current number 1 song on both New York and South Florida reggae charts: Damian Jr Gong Marley Welcome to Jamrock

i love this song

I agree with You!

This songs Rocks! And this Riddim Rocks too!

Peace

Just LOVE that Bassline!

[edit on 2/4/05 by Souljah]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'm going to see Richie Spice tonight
www.theislandbeat.com...

Concerts on a Sunday night, makes for interesting Mondays

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
show started at 2AM instead of midnight...ended at 5AM, we got home at 6AM, i had to drive to granny's, take the kids to school,before i got to sleep. I just woke up around 2:30.

The show itself was great, with the exception of the delay, you felt contact within the first 10 minutes of being there and when the place was packed, waiting for the show to start, it was contact in all directions, strictly high grade too.
Spanner Banner sang his usual stuff, had the crowd moving, Anthony Cruz dropped a new song,provided some really funny comic relief, Chuck Fender rocked the place, all his hits and well Richie Spice
tore it up. Richie sang all his hits, Earth a Run Red, Marijuana Pon de Corner, Ghetto Girl, Blood Again plus a few others from his album.

we were right next to the stairs to the stage, had the best view, Richie Spice squeezed my hand after his performance, We were right next to all the performers, it could have been interesting talk after the show but at 5AM, everyone's only concern including the artists dem was, getting home before rush hour started.

I am currently happily exhausted with no hangover, so the event was well worth the pain in my feet from rockin whole night.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hey Worldwatcher.. you ever listen to a bit o' Cutty Ranks... really fat riddims

If you like your music a little dark then he is worth a listen!

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
most definitely, Cutty Ranks is considered old school in my book, one of my faves and definitely a foundation artist. my fave album is from 1996 "Six Million Ways to Die"

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
There are times that I need to listen to reggae, when I am too uptight. I have been to the Reggaefest in Vancouver, and it was awesome. I loved it. A friend of mine holds an annual reggae party every summer, and the times I went were just great. I know very little reggae, and love most kinds of music, but Bob Marley, imho, transcends all genres. His message of peace and love is universal. I have never read, seen, or heard a quote of his that I disagreed with.
Three Little Birds, One Love, Jammin', Redemption Song, Is This Love, Buffalo Soldier, etc.
These are classic songs of all time, imho.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm going to see I-Wayne tomorrow night

you can check out some of his videos here
www.muzikmedia.com...

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I went to VP Records 2nd Annual Memorial Weekend Reggae Festival yesterday in Bayfront Park, Miami. Great Show, but I was dissappointed in that Sizzla and Buju didn't get enough time on stage and I-Wayne didn't show.

Here's some pics from the show

(above)Aaron Silk (i think, I might have the brothers of the Late Garnett Silk mixed up)

Lij Amlak (garnett's other brother)

[edit on 5-30-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
BEANIE MAN

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Freddie McGregor

Tammy Chin

Luciano

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Elephant Man

Ele getting the crowd hyped

Kymari

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Capleton
bun dem out

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

for some odd reason, I can't get all my pics to upload, i changed size and such but no luck, they show up as red x's, sorry.

so like i said, the show was good, could have been better, my feet are killing me, but I would do it again anytime. Sizzla Kalonji rocked the place, but of course my luck my camera batteries died and I couldn't get any pics of him

[edit on 5-30-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Great Pictures RudeGal!

I simply LOVE Capleton - I have seen his Live on stage in Italy on Sunsplash 2004 - Man that was one BIG FIRE BURNING!

BUN' THE FIRE!

King Shango - King Of FIRE!

Still Blazin'!

R E S P E C T !

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
YE DONE KNOW!!!

That looked like it was da bomb!!!

Nice pics ww!

Now check out my experience last weekend

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I love Capleton too. This is the second time I'm seeing him perform live. First time was in either 1993 or 94 when "Tour" had just come out. He performed at Biltmore Ballroom in Brooklyn with a bunch of others...made the whole place go crazy.

Sunday his performance was also good, he broke down this song about the war, Bush, bin laden and saddam...real good stuff.

and Luciano sang "This one for the Leaders" on the drop leaf rhythm.

I'm telling you guys I can't get enough of the dropleaf rhythm right now. I bought the cd and it is in heavy rotation along with Richie Spice's album "Spice in Your Life".

I love that song "intoxication" by gentleman

oh and Turbulence's "notorious" is off the chain
currently #7 on the chart, you can see the video and hear the song here
www.reggae-vibes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join