It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Reggae Fans??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Black Uhuru
RAH-BOAT Marley and the Wailers
Burning Spear
Lee Scratch Perry(the one who got the whole thing codified!)
Steel Pulse
Culture
Shabba(call him a sellout all you want, he is still one of the greatest and most distinct voices to ever come out of Jamaica)
and many more....

The Jamaicans have a serious music tradition going on...more power to them!

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
you should also check on Jah Jah City on the same site, since you like It was Written.

Word, I'll check out the video. I've already got 3 remixes of Jah Jah City on my computer. Thats a bad ass track too.

I just found a tight dancehall track from Elephant Man called Lift Up Your Nine. It's very sick.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
nice list facefirst
i ain't gonna knock shabba, he's definitely gets his props. His early tracks.. wicked in bed, trailer load of girls, twice my age with nadine sutherland...those are just a few of his good stuff.

ooh elephant man..him wicked, and mad crazy..i love his chats, makes you wanna move, plus dancehall is nothing without a good dance and elephant man comes up with nuff of dem...

pon de river, pon de bank

so anybody go to any reggae clubs or concerts or shows? I got mad stories of things experienced at various outings...it's a monthly outing for me.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I remember when I was a teenager that there used to be dancehall parties, in which they were walljamming....
It's just you, your partner and the wall...
And you grind so hard on your partner, that she or he can't breathe...
Either you're pinned on the wall or your partner is. I swear at least some of them used to have sex on those walls... One of my best friends told me he did. The club used to be dark, dancefloor was empty and everyone was on the walls...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I like the wall

anywho this site
www.dancehallmix.com...
has some great new mixes

I keep playing the "Elliot Entertainment Lover's Delight 2005 Mix"
and the "Nite Star Vbyz Kartel Mix"

Vbyz is hot and his lyrics are off the chain

and www.realvibes.net... has the Tanya Stephens video for "It's a Pity"

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm adding this thread to my favorites. I'm new to reggae, so, I don't really know who's out there besides marley and tosh. What little I have heard of Lucky Dube I have liked.

Worldwatcher, that dancehallmix site rules.
I'm listening to Elliot right now. Though, Vbyz is a little too 'hard' for my tastes--I like the mellower stuff.

Anyway, thanks for providing suggestions and links, guys.

I just always wanted to use this smiley

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Stone love use to be good but not any more the last time I went to one of there dances it sucked really bad. In the D.C. area zone one, muzic nation, and king sound run things right now. I heard about this Japanese sound that took the entire east coast title for the last couple of years I forgot there name though. My favorite sound is Black Chiney, to me they are the best thing that has happend to dancehall in a while. Sean Pauls older music was much better than his new stuff. My favorite artist would have to be Buju and Bounty( Beanie is a batty man).

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I agree Killak, Beenie is a batty man, but aren't all reggae artists, batty?

Apart from Bob Marley, the god of reggae music!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
y'all wrong for dissing Beanie like that, he's a showman and a good entertainer, his live shows are great and well he sings songs that us girls like.

poonchang, check out Sizzla, Luciano, Beres Hammond, Garnet Silk, Sanchez, Supercat, etc.. I think you'll like that sort of vibe since you don't like Vbyz Kartel and the more hardcore dancehall.

As for Stone Love I have to admit since Rory isn't selecta too often, I aint feelin dem, Rory and Trooper are my favorite Stone Love selectas
and if you think they have fallen off check out this page of clashes, I beg to differ.
audiomaxxx.com...

And it is my opinion that everyone should listen Bob Marley at least once a day. I usually wake up to Marley and fall asleep to him. I even put my kids to sleep with Marley.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
There's so many good shows coming up, I don't know which one to go to

Elephant Man is going to be in town
as is Frankie Paul
then there's a Bob Marley Festival
and Stone Love and Black Chiney are going clash.

I don't know....a.hhhhh

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Just wanted to post some more links on this thread:

here's the story on the unreleased stuff that was in my thread
news.bbc.co.uk...

the best site for pure marley
www.bobmarley.com...

sites i visit
niceup.com...
www.lionmix.com...
plus the ones in my reggae thread

ww

www.rumdogs.com...

Courtesy of worldwatcher

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Here's another
www.rudegal.com...

www.bigupradio.com...

Check out the videos here:

and if you ever wanted to know how to do the latest dancehall moves, I found it funny that there was actually site for this
www.bbc.co.uk...

and this is what be happening in the dancehall, Check this link for the Dancehall Queen, a japanese girl won it, they call she Bashment.
www.realvibes.net...

that's my current stash, if anyone else got a link to share, please feel free...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
www.muzikmedia.com...

great videos, check out Hardtimes Medley
featuring I-Wayne, Chuck Fender, Richie Spice & Capleton

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
hey bandit, 2 soca videos in the top 10 for you..

www.muzikmedia.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
check out this song by Sizzla, it's in heavy rotation on my list
scroll down a bit....it's called

Subterranean Homesick Blues
www.muzikmedia.com...

and btw tonight I'm going to a sound clash, Black Kat vs. Mighty Crown
should be hot!!

[edit on 3-18-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I love Reggae music. I was listening to Bob Marley when I was 15 years old. I even visited Jamaica and the town where he was from. My daughter grew up on Bob and Jimmy and many other reggae artists. She is 31 years old now and still loves it. She is raising her two sons on it...and they love it, too (ages 15 and 11).

As for the new Reggae...it is great, too! There is a famous festival Reggae On The River Festival just a few miles from where my cabin is. It is fabulous! Many reggae artists world wide come here to play. It's a groove thang!

Reggae music is empowering!

[edit on 3/18/2005 by Cherish]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
glad to have you onboard cherish, reggae music is the people's music, you can't help but to feel the vibes. If you go to the festival, be sure to take some pics and share.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

www.muzikmedia.com...

Heeeyeyy Nice WW!!! Thanx!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

www.muzikmedia.com...

Heeeyeyy Nice WW!!! Thanx!!!

+1 Thanks for the righteous grooves!

Bred-ren!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I was in downtown San Antonio one day and happened to hear a song playing at "Tropical Drink Inc.". I was so impressed I bought the CD on the spot. It was Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers. He's awesome and fun to listen to .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join