It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Bases: The Mystery of the Moon External Content

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I better f'in charter a flight to the moon asap before the lunar real estate market blows up, mtv cribs 2099; this is my crater, this is where I crunk and drug which ain't illegal on the moon sucka, my lunar rolls, galactic radio, sexbot and my jacuzzi-bed.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

no fare wheres my sexbot?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist

A major reason why I agree with a new topic, is some topics have become far too long for people to sift through.

I know this is off-topic, but relevant nonetheless.

20 years ago, I and others like me had no
internet.

We had to search and hunt, before we could "sift".

Am I being an "old fogey" ? Perhaps.

Perhaps younger researchers would appreciate
research, if it were just that.

Research.

The internet has given free and open access to
a lot of information.

Some good. Quite a bit, bad.

I suggest to those that think "sifting" is too time
consuming, research ain't your bag.

To those that use the search function, use Google
(or whatever) and actually do paper-trail sleuthing;
KUDO'S !!!

You are what this research needs.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

From one old fogey to another, fair comment.

If you care enough you will start digging, if you don't you don't care

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Some of you should go visit John Lear's folder on ATS. Im in a discussion in the thread "Infrared Moon Images"

I stare at the moon everyday, everynight with my scope. I just purchased an IR filter. Lets see what I see!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
S.C.,

Hands-on learning is far better than researching others findings!!! If I had the money, I would be all for getting a awesomely powerful scope and learning how to use it. If I only had a spare 20 grand sitting around, I would get one of those 26"ers and give you all a bunch of mind blowing images from all over space! First hand no less! It is too bad there isn't a well-to-do member that can do such a thing and show us what we don't get from the observatories and public funded space agencies. Although living in a dark area of the country/world would net the best results.

To the comment about the astronauts ... they ARE human. No matter how much training you have (this particular incident being irrelevant), you can still lose your cool. Look at how many people freak out when they get their sandwich wrong at a fast food joint. I know that seems off ... but really, imagine meeting an alien and how you would react ... but let it be in front of you for real ... are you sure you could follow your imagined reactions to the encounter? The same with heroic ideas in 'what-if' situations. You would like to think you could pick up that katana and slice up an intruder ... but some people freeze, not matter how much they talk up their ego inside.

Panic and fear is irrational ... mental training is trying to be calm and rational during unexpected or stressful events ... it isn't hard to imagine that some things just aren't very easy to train for ... and since 99.999999% of people have never been to space, nor experienced anything even close to near-weightlessness on a scale of days, seeing the earth so small, looking out into the clear vastness of space, etc. that we would have any real way of preparing those first people making that accomplishment ... or even understanding what it would be like to go through it ... what type of life altering changes it makes ... you would have to think once you are there and have a moment, the reality of not being on earth or in its atmosphere would sink in. Think about how much some things can affect people that are not that awe-inspiring of an event ... let's say, how when 'The Matrix' first came out and people opened their mind to a different train of thought. I know people that were in elation and some in shock at the thought of something could be possible like that. You could replace that with 'Star Wars' or plenty of other movies that draw people in and they get fanatical over. I would say going to the moon would be more impressive than a movie, even today when technology is pretty overwhelming in itself. As much as I would love to be cruising the stars ... I am rather certain at first I would be speechless ... when I started to talk, I would probably mumble and stutter ... just because my mind would be too busy absorbing and comprehending a new reality added to a new bodily sensation.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

I see your point with researching for information before posting however i did not find any information on these transcripts available with the search tab.

The moon topic is quite large and it would take sometime to sift through the information before posting it. but by then, would you really post the information you have found?

I'm analyst for a fairly large company. Researching and providing analysis is one of my best talents; thats how i found this.

however after so many topics and increase in users. We need a refresher from time to time for the younger group.

I do see your point but i do not agree on bashing the OP because you have read this information already. If the topic is of no interest to you move on, there is no need to have a negative post on a thread for other readers to view. not everyone are conspiracy gurus.

I noticed that you are somewhat of a senior poster and i have noticed a couple of your post with negative feedback. (keeping the senior poster in mind) you should lead by example and post like a true ATSer.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

I could not have said it better.

The questions below are not for freethinkeridealist.
for ex: if some points a gun in your face while your in a dark alley. What would be your first reaction? Fear? Urinating on yourself? Mommy? or would you just freeze?

would a crocodile expert in the middle of a crocodile swamp with nothing but his knife react an a professional way? I would think not. I would think he would run for the nearest tree regardless what he knows.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Originally posted by Syntaxstealth

I'm analyst for a fairly large company. Researching and providing analysis is one of my best talents; thats how i found this.

I welcome you to ATS, and I'm
happy to meet you.

I think you may have a lot to contribute,
and I'm looking forward to what you bring
to our table.

however after so many topics and increase in users. We need a refresher from time to time for the younger group.

I agree 100%. But, (always a but, huh?)
way back when....(que music)
whenever I heard something new, I went
to the library and looked to see if anything
was written on the subject.

I actually understood the Dewey Decimal system.

Now-a-days, people shout "I've discovered Nazi
UFO's", like it's new.

Sadly, it isn't.

I do see your point but i do not agree on bashing the OP because you have read this information already. If the topic is of no interest to you move on, there is no need to have a negative post on a thread for other readers to view.

Didn't realise I was bashing.
If taken that way, I whole-heartedly
apologise.

As far as me being negative,
please see This.

I'm not such a bad guy.

I noticed that you are somewhat of a senior poster and i have noticed a couple of your post with negative feedback. (keeping the senior poster in mind) you should lead by example and post like a true ATSer.

Ok. I'm not THAT old.

And, I do post what I think.

At times, it seems a bit cynical.
Well, borderline negative. I agree.

I am trying to mellow in my "old"
age. But, some posts just scream
at me.

Sorry for rambling,
Lex

Edit to remove Syn's sneaky smiley.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by Lexion]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

np im glad we can come to understanding..

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Syntaxstealth

I agree.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This "transcript" is so clearly a fake, and a very ameteurish one at that. The main give away is "over and out". This phrase is never used by astronauts, pilots or any other professional users of radio telephony. "Over" means "your turn". "Out" means "end of conversation". So what does "over and out" mean?. There as also no "out". Was it A11s intention to say "end of conversation"?

Other howlers. You will never hear these in any other part of the mission recordings, transcripts or publlicly recorded broadcasts. Whoever wrote this, has never used radio telephony - possibly CB or similar and too many movies....

"Control calling Apollo 11"
"Repeat your last information"
"Control, control here"
"that were runing the film" - how did they know?

Total hogwash....

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This "transcript" is so clearly a fake, and a very ameteurish one at that. The main give away is "over and out". This phrase is never used by astronauts, pilots or any other professional users of radio telephony. "Over" means "your turn". "Out" means "end of conversation". So what does "over and out" mean?. There as also no "out". Was it A11s intention to say "end of conversation"?

Other howlers. You will never hear these in any other part of the mission recordings, transcripts or publlicly recorded broadcasts. Whoever wrote this, has never used radio telephony - possibly CB or similar and too many movies....

"Control calling Apollo 11"
"Repeat your last information"
"Control, control here"
"that were runing the film" - how did they know?

Total hogwash....

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There is a lot of supporting information here: www.AliensOnTheMoon.com...
insightful comment

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join