It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign Troops Training on American Soil

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'll say this again in defense of most PARANOID Americans, 9/11 did a lot to shake them out of their comfort zone. I know that it has made me not take anything for granted. especially since Bush will not secure our borders!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by janasstar

Foreign troops train here all the time, and our troops train in foreign countries as well. I know, I spent 2 months training in Norway when I was in the Army. Don't get your undies in a bunch, they are our allies, it's not like Iranians are over here being trained.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PriapismJoe

Foreign troops train here all the time, and our troops train in foreign countries as well. I know, I spent 2 months training in Norway when I was in the Army. Don't get your undies in a bunch, they are our allies, it's not like Iranians are over here being trained.

Thank you for such a refreshing twist on things! Can't say that I am not getting educated! Although some people doubt that they were czechs and not russians. Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar
I'll say this again in defense of most PARANOID Americans, 9/11 did a lot to shake them out of their comfort zone. I know that it has made me not take anything for granted. especially since Bush will not secure our borders!

I gotta admit, that this particular line of reasoning falls very short with me...

1) It wasn't foreign troops that had anything to do with the events of Sept 11th.
2) There was plenty of foreign help here after Sept 11th and no one seems to have an issue with that.
3) Since foreign troops have been here for years, things like Red Flag, joint training in the Gulf/Atlantic, etc, etc, etc, WHY would people only be worred due to Sept 11th? The only reason I can answer to that is fear/paranoia.

... and if it's truly fear/paranoia, then what people need to do is get over it and think with true logic vs fear-induced leaps to conclusions.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaehkimx
Group 1 is wasting its time because Group 2 is not interested in the truth. Group 2 enjoys the fantasy that there will be a NWO and they can keep hording their survival gear and supplies and dream of the chaos where they could emerge as survivalists. Well Group 2, let me tell you some Korean experience. All 3 military dictators in recent Korean history (Park, Chun and Roh) were trained at Fort Sill Oklahoma's artillary school. So training allies in CONUS can lead to NWO of sorts.

Heh... I fully agree and support this statement... it never ceases to amaze me as a long time lurker how badly some people seem to want this to be true, as though their entire system of belief and stability is entrenched in this line of thinking and anything outside the box will simply blow their mind into next century...

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Brits go over the America all the time
Thanks to your vast, varied and dramatic landscape.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Peyre]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

i myself trained with political refugees and freedom fighters from south America on several occasions. that were in a us uniform and paid by the us.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyre

...and 90% of us love having you here, someone has to teach us manner and the proper way of speaking the language... lol..

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Troops from many countries train in Texas prior to going to Afghanistan, for example, the Canadians:

www.forces.gc.ca...

There are Czech troops in Afghanistan as well:

www.google.com...:fr
fficial&client=firefox-a

No biggie.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I worked for a retired Dade County police officer for 10 years (we still stay in touch)
He was on the force 1950’s to 70’s and did a lot of agriculture patrol in the Redlands/everglades
One story he told me was when he was patrolling out in the Redlands (west of Cutler Ridge) He found hundreds of armed troops training in a way out field ,freak him out, when he reported it to dispatch they radioed back that someone would meet him there
A CIA guy showed up and told him every thing was ok
Later it became apparent that they were Cubans training, it was right before the Bay of Pigs invasion
You would have thought they would have notified the police before hand, guess it’s the old “need to know” stuff

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00ner

Originally posted by Peyre

...and 90% of us love having you here, someone has to teach us manner and the proper way of speaking the language... lol..

I must say that the Czech guys were a lot friendlier than the female, even though they couldn't communicate. They smiled at me, very friendly. I'm not a foreign hater by any means. I just had some concerns because I was unaware of this particular thing. Never said anything was wrong with it. Just wondered about the validity of it. Not try ing to sound unnecessary alarm bells, but, what if they had been necessary, and I had done nothing?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by aguila

President Clinton took an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, which includes accomodating them on American soil. Training foreign troops is a paradox then.

How is helping our FRIENDS a paradox to the constitution?

DO YOU WONDER WHY NO ONE LIKES AMERICANS ITS IGNORANTS LIKE THIS!!!

Even if they ARE Russians she saw, what the hell do you have against the Russian government? Its different then ours? Its semi communist? So is half of the socialized world!

Russia just doesn't put up with other peoples crap, thats all..

Aside from that yes America did help train the Russian army, as in we sent over advisors and so forth, not training their entire army here in America. We also propped up their economy and rebuilt their oil industry for profit, exploiting their natural resources and people, but brought in a steady revenue to pay the bills. Why? So that our one time enemy would not be taken over by some crazed minded baboon intent on world domination, using the full power of the Russians, which like America, was never used.

Sometimes international affairs are not exactly black and white.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Meh, there are arabs training in another place (I forget where). And I KNOW these guys are NOT here by the gov's ok. I think there going to do something bad. At least I've got money to fund a revolution if the US ever gets taken over.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Originally posted by aguila

President Clinton took an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, which includes accomodating them on American soil. Training foreign troops is a paradox then.

How is helping our FRIENDS a paradox to the constitution?

DO YOU WONDER WHY NO ONE LIKES AMERICANS ITS IGNORANTS LIKE THIS!!!

Even if they ARE Russians she saw, what the hell do you have against the Russian government? Its different then ours? Its semi communist? So is half of the socialized world!

Russia just doesn't put up with other peoples crap, thats all..

Aside from that yes America did help train the Russian army, as in we sent over advisors and so forth, not training their entire army here in America. We also propped up their economy and rebuilt their oil industry for profit, exploiting their natural resources and people, but brought in a steady revenue to pay the bills. Why? So that our one time enemy would not be taken over by some crazed minded baboon intent on world domination, using the full power of the Russians, which like America, was never used.

Sometimes international affairs are not exactly black and white.

i can respond to that as well. when i was a scout several Russian generals came to watch us train and study tactics. we were told to act as if they wernt there. though i never actually trained with them they sure found interest in watching us.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

Sur wish you would expound on that a little further. Love your code name. how's Hank?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

what you need to know bout it??? hank is just fine. and john redcorn is treating my wife right now. it will have to wait till later or tuesday morning though im headed out the door for work

[edit on 15pmu52007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble

what you need to know bout it??? hank is just fine. and john redcorn is treating my wife right now. it will have to wait till later or tuesday morning though im headed out the door for work

[edit on 15pmu52007 by DaleGribble]

Just thought we were getting some awfully short answers from side 2. I'm here to learn as well as post.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00ner

Originally posted by janasstar

I gotta admit, that this particular line of reasoning falls very short with me...

1) It wasn't foreign troops that had anything to do with the events of Sept 11th.
2) There was plenty of foreign help here after Sept 11th and no one seems to have an issue with that.
3) Since foreign troops have been here for years, things like Red Flag, joint training in the Gulf/Atlantic, etc, etc, etc, WHY would people only be worred due to Sept 11th? The only reason I can answer to that is fear/paranoia.

... and if it's truly fear/paranoia, then what people need to do is get over it and think with true logic vs fear-induced leaps to conclusions.

I think you've totally taken this out of context. I never said that foreign troops on American soil had anything to do with 9/11. I said that the events did cause a certain amount of paranoia that we didn't have before. How about I just speak for myself? In that space of a few hours when 4 different attacks happened in our once seemingly secure country, I was panic stricken. I suffer PTSD anyway. I didn't know if a nuclear bomb would be next, I didn't know if the house next door would be next, or my house...Since you're such an obvious brave soul and nothing rattles you, I wouldn't expect you to understand that! But it did bother some people! And I know that there are people concerned as to why our borders aren't secured in the wake of what happened. I don't find it a ridiculous concern.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

probably because the its a waste of time i'm afraid, and because mexicans prop up the economy, you can't close off the borders in a time of economic uncertainty.

regarding your original post, the first thing that sprung to mind were the ''alleged'' torture prisons the US has ''allegedly'' set up in all over the eastern bloc countries, i wonder what kind of special training the czechs were receiving.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

probably because the its a waste of time i'm afraid, and because mexicans prop up the economy, you can't close off the borders in a time of economic uncertainty.

regarding your original post, the first thing that sprung to mind were the ''alleged'' torture prisons the US has ''allegedly'' set up in all over the eastern bloc countries, i wonder what kind of special training the czechs were receiving.

thank you for pulling us back to the intended topic. I wonder at that myselff. But I'll be shouted down for being paranoid and NOT having a right to be!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join