It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign Troops Training on American Soil

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

wow..i feel properly spanked...sorry i apologize for getting riled up and off topic....carry on

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Ok, to bring this back on topic. Let's just assume that they were Czech soldiers in Texas.
I took a quick look at brownwood on the map, and as i zoomed out I noticed Kileen TX was relatively close (for Texas, that is a HUGE state). Ft. Hood is just outside of Kileen it looks like less than 100miles to Brownwood. A quick yahoo search shows not 1 but 3 NG armories in Brownwood as well as Camp Bowie Military Reservation. Also one of the units in Brownwood is a HHC (that's a command company for a larger unit) for 3rd Battalion 112th Armor. So we've established that there are both Regular and NG units in the Brownwood area. So they wern't headed somewhere they shouldn't be. Like in the middle of knowhere waiting on the order to come take our guns (brave souls if they were tasked to do that in Texas).
I don't know about the Czech army but in US Army Armor units are all male so I'd assume it would be some type of cross training by the Czechs for the Texans. I specifically remember that the Czechs have some of the best Nuke/Chem defense units around, I'd SPECULATE that maybe they were heading there to give that unit some training. It probably wouldn't be that hard to figure out where that unit is on the deployment cycle to see if this hypothosis fits.
It's not that I don't like a good conspiracy, (why else would i be here), but I'm of the opinion that you should eliminate any innocent or mundane explanations before deciding whether a conspiracy exists.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Ok this just made my heart skip a beat. Spoke to a friend this summer heading up to Canada to do some fishing and was told that they ran into a large military group that were Russian. When my friend asked the local folks in the area about why Russian soldiers would be coming into the US via Minnesota they were told it's been going on for a while and were told it was for training purposes. Are they here to bid Bush's dirty work? Just asking.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheddar

Ok this just made my heart skip a beat. Spoke to a friend this summer heading up to Canada to do some fishing and was told that they ran into a large military group that were Russian. When my friend asked the local folks in the area about why Russian soldiers would be coming into the US via Minnesota they were told it's been going on for a while and were told it was for training purposes. Are they here to bid Bush's dirty work? Just asking.

I'm trying to get some info myself. Stick around and see what you can learn. As usual there are 2 sides coming in. Pick what makes the most sense to you or what you can live with.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar

Originally posted by cheddar

I'm trying to get some info myself. Stick around and see what you can learn. As usual there are 2 sides coming in. Pick what makes the most sense to you or what you can live with.

Seems this person has a far more interesting story than I did. Too bad He/She took off so fast, it would have been good to get some details.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I seem to remember a few years back that the US DoD had stepped up with a huge assistance plan to help the then-cash strapped Russia maintain it`s nuclear weapons tech. The reasoning behind it was that although they`re enemies (more or less), if there`s going to be a nuclear incident, it should be intentional - as opposed to a blown fuse or a wire harness that the raccoons have eaten through.

It may well be that the Russians seen in Minn. were part of that initiative. Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
I seem to remember a few years back that the US DoD had stepped up with a huge assistance plan to help the then-cash strapped Russia maintain it`s nuclear weapons tech. The reasoning behind it was that although they`re enemies (more or less), if there`s going to be a nuclear incident, it should be intentional - as opposed to a blown fuse or a wire harness that the raccoons have eaten through.

It may well be that the Russians seen in Minn. were part of that initiative. Just a thought.

So, you see nothing wrong with foreign troops of any kind here? including Russian?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 420prajna
American troops have been training on foreign soil for a hundred years. We condone that our own military has its sway in an imperial agenda unknown to most Americans and very detrimental to the rest of the world.
There is something called the School of Americas here in the ol USA that routinely trained foreign paramilitary Death squads, with the backing of Ronnie Regan, that committed untold horrors in Latin America.
So foreign troops training here is not a new thing.

Do their T-shirts say Death squad?

90% plus of foreign training in the US is technical training and leadership training with guns not part of either.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by janasstar

Me? I have no problem with it, but then I`m a Canadian ex-pat living in Japan. That might detract from the weight of my opinion on it a tad....

I know that the US DoD tends to be a fairly secretive lot, and some of them might be said to have "trust issues". If the Russians were doing anything remotely secretive or clandestine, it stands to reason that they would be sequestered completely - as opposed to hanging out at the bar and telling everyone they`re Russians.

Some friends of mine from back home are in the forces, and they routinely train in Florida - but when off base, they do have someone keeping an eye on them, albeit from a distance. On base they have limited access, as you would expect. Americans get the same treatment when they head up to Cold Lake, Alberta or wherever the poor guys get sent in return for hosting the Canadians in Florida.

In any case, training in Florida swamps helped the Canadian Forces on this mission:
en.wikipedia.org...

I`ll leave it up to you to decide if it was a good thing or not.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Me? I have no problem with it, but then I`m a Canadian ex-pat living in Japan. That might detract from the weight of my opinion on it a tad....

I know that the US DoD tends to be a fairly secretive lot, and some of them might be said to have "trust issues". If the Russians were doing anything remotely secretive or clandestine, it stands to reason that they would be sequestered completely - as opposed to hanging out at the bar and telling everyone they`re Russians.

Some friends of mine from back home are in the forces, and they routinely train in Florida - but when off base, they do have someone keeping an eye on them, albeit from a distance. On base they have limited access, as you would expect. Americans get the same treatment when they head up to Cold Lake, Alberta or wherever the poor guys get sent in return for hosting the Canadians in Florida.

In any case, training in Florida swamps helped the Canadian Forces on this mission:
en.wikipedia.org...

I`ll leave it up to you to decide if it was a good thing or not.

This was the first I knew about Canada's tremendous involvement! Was my head under a barrel during this or did they just not get the attention they deserved for their actions?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I am very aware of this, and it goes against you Constituion as well.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by aguila

I am very aware of this, and it goes against you Constituion as well.

would you be more specific?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

President Clinton took an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, which includes accomodating them on American soil. Training foreign troops is a paradox then.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by aguila

President Clinton took an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, which includes accomodating them on American soil. Training foreign troops is a paradox then.

Well, I've been going thru some brain strain trying to figure out where I heard that there were never to be foreign troops trained on American soil. That's been ringing in my ears, every since the day I saw those Czech troops, and I know I didn't dream those words, They came from somewhere,

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   

You are thinking of Senator Allard, and his impeachment. I'm Canadian, but I do know a few things.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar
This was the first I knew about Canada's tremendous involvement! Was my head under a barrel during this or did they just not get the attention they deserved for their actions?

I think it was probably the latter. There`s a long history of Canadians helping out in US emergencies, but it rarely ever gets press in the US. 9/11, Katrina, Andrew, several hurricanes come to think about it. Forest fires, too. I have an old friend who flies a water bomber out of BC. He`s been sent down to the states on an emergency call pretty much every summer since the big yellowstone fires around 88 or 89.

Worth remembering though, when people bring out that old "no one ever helps America" chestnut...

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Wow, I never knew Americans were so paranoid, or am I wrong ??

When I was in the Royal Air Force, I trained all over the world, America, Canada, Belize, Germany, Cyprus & Falklands. And while in the UK I can remember getting American, canadian, and duutch troops attached to my unit for training too, Allies share knowledge it how we become better soldiers..

and you don't have to fear troops from other nations. Especially our new found friends in eastern europe, they're troops are just the same as yours. It's the policy makers that you need to fear, soldiers just do their job...

Take 20 soldiers from 20 different countries and put them together, and they'll get pissed up on alcohol and have a laugh. Soldiers are Soldiers, no matter their nationality, it's a bond that they all share even enemies..

Peace.....

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I see 2 groups here. (1) One group is talking about the USA being long time training grounds for allied troops (e.g. Holloman Air Force base in New Mexico is a Luftwaffe training base inside CONUS), and (2) the other group who want to say Czech troops in USA = NWO and take over by foreign forces in black helos etc. etc.

Group 1 is wasting its time because Group 2 is not interested in the truth. Group 2 enjoys the fantasy that there will be a NWO and they can keep hording their survival gear and supplies and dream of the chaos where they could emerge as survivalists. Well Group 2, let me tell you some Korean experience. All 3 military dictators in recent Korean history (Park, Chun and Roh) were trained at Fort Sill Oklahoma's artillary school. So training allies in CONUS can lead to NWO of sorts.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Foreign troops training on US soil is nothing new, Irish Army Rangers (Irelands Special Forces) trained in the US in the past, in Georgia I believe, amongst other places. Other European armies have trained there also, the Czechs, are members of the European Union, and are also US allies (troops in Iraq?).

Have no fear, America is not been invaded!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

maybe being "paranoid" is what has kept us strong.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join