It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign Troops Training on American Soil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Ok but let's go to the OP's post. Russian troops? It is no big secret that the relationship between the US and Russia is strained (and that can easily be considered an understatement) does it still make sense to you that at this moment in time they would be training in Texas with US Special Forces?

If you think that is normal, I want to live in your world

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar
I wonder if any of you are aware that foreign troops are being trained on American soil? This is not a conspiracy theory. Saw it with my own two eyes. Can even tell you where they went. I talked to some of them. At first I thought it was some of the National Guardsmen. I was entering a convenience store in Brady, Tx. There were hordes of them, in uniform. I spoke to a few of them and asked where they were headed. They answered in a foreign tongue. I shook my head a minute and said, "You guys don't speak english?" Then a female walked up to me and said, "Yes we speak english, what do you want to know?" I answered that I thought they were guardsmen and was just wondering where they were heading. She told me they were czecks and they were going to Brownwood, Tx. for special training.
If I'm wrong, correct me, but isn't that against our policies to have foreign troops training on American soil? I'd like some input on this. It really has me a little concerned. Why our country and not their own? Whatsup???

[edit on 08/11/2007 by janasstar]

WoW i never knew people could be this retarded^^^^^^
Ever heard of Nato??? I thought not!!!
Loads of countrys train in the US!!! Much like US trains in other countrys!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Wow, those are some harsh words to call someone, everyone is entitled to an opinion. You should look up right speech and right action by Buddha and understand how your chosen words negatively reflect who you are.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PontiacWarrior

Wow, those are some harsh words to call someone, everyone is entitled to an opinion. You should look up right speech and right action by Buddha and understand how your chosen words negatively reflect who you are.
If you read through the thread you'd find the words are appropiate, if a little harsh.
Seriously you Americans are too paranoid and lack knowledge of what happens in your own country and the world.
No one is going to attack your beloved home land just chill out

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yes skunk2 there is ignorance running rampant over here in the US. It is the product of the media and other outside influences. Americans are conditioned to such things everyday and don't strive to look beyond the curtain that covers their eyes and minds. In my opinion, this is something Americans don't have to be too concerned about, no foreign troops are going to take over us. We do have inter-relations with other armed forces and cross training does exist. It is not as if a group of Czechs come over unannounced and train at Bally's so they can take us over or something.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Paranoia.
Making mountains from molehills.

While training for my MOS, 45E
M-60 tank turret mechanic, we
had 2 Egyptians training right
along with us.

That was in '86.

As pointed out, this has been going
on for quite a while.

Regards,
Lex

Edit to correct the date.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Lexion]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yes NATO troops training in North America is nothing new, I live about a 10 minute drive from 15 Wing Moose Jaw, and there are troops from all over the world here 12 months a year training in choppers, fighter jets, etc... Been going on here for at least 40 years.

Still, this is quite different from street warfare training like what is shown in Alex Jones' Martial Law documentaries. Personally I would be extremely concerned about that kind of training.

Edit - oops, guess the NATO training program has only been going on here since 1994, I will check my facts better next time.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by truthseeker420]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Seriously you Americans are too paranoid and lack knowledge of what happens in your own country and the world.

Nice... way to lump a few million of us into the belief system of one incorrect person, while numerous americans tell the same person he's blowing things out of proportion and should check on the history of multi-national training... That's as silly as the very thought you're deriding...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
As long as I can remember, the US has had foreign troops training on American soil.
One highly visible program was the School of the Americas at Fort Benning, Georgia (1946-2001), which morphed into the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation.
The European Participating Air Forces had pilots flying at Edwards AFB. Hey, we sell 'em the planes, we gotta continue their inservice

The Iranian AF (the Imperial Iranian Air Force) even had pilots training at a California Navy air station in the 1970's. They had bought "made in the USA" aircraft.

I don't think it's so much as the US being taken over by foreign troops, but foreign countries being, if not de facto taken over by the US, highly cooperative as consumers of our defense industry.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
Whats so suprising about this?

Our Bundeswehr airforce pilots train quit often in the US because of the amount of airspace available where noone lives. Likewise we have a large amount of your troops stationed here as well.

I'm not necessarily implying that there is anything WRONG with it, but to me it certainly was SURPRISING! Guess I don't get out enough.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Our Bundeswehr airforce pilots train quit often in the US because of the amount of airspace available where noone lives. Likewise we have a large amount of your troops stationed here as well.

SEE ABOVE POST! PAGE FROZE!

[edit on 08/11/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar

I'm not necessarily implying that there is anything WRONG with it, but to me it certainly was SURPRISING! Guess I don't get out enough.

Red Flag, for example, is a HUGE multi-national training exercise, you'll find lots of info about it on this very board even. You have to train with other forces, otherwise the only time you see your deficincies is when people are shooting at you with something that's not a laser scoring system...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2

Originally posted by PontiacWarrior

EXCUSE ME! But I think someone did attack our beloved homeland! 9/11! Need I say more! I think every citizen in this country has the right to be a little paranoid at this point! How dare you? The whole world is aware of the shock and horror that we went through over that experience! It's never been proven who really did it. I think we have a right to raise eyebrows and ask questions when things seem a little out of kilter.
Because of some of our weird policies at times, we can't confront the obvious. Because it comes under racial profiling. Put yourself in our shoes!

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
America has a base in every country, its only fair we let them into ours, besides, we can handle any insurgents here if they are disguised..

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well, perhaps the foreign troops will enjoy our culture here. And what would that culture be? Well, there are people in California and probably other States who now claim that they really do need an exorcist instead of a phychologist. Some of them go and see one, while others do not. Again such a case was on the News here just yesterday. That some Southern States are considered to be the Bible States, which apparently they must enjoy.

We also value your free time and hope you enjoy such computer games as this example is, while stating clearly that it is not an endorsement of any product or an advertisement of such any computer games out on the market nowadays:

www.gamespot.com...

And that we have "Mickey Mouse" here also, but then you would have to get to Florida where someone on the News again turned in a missile launcher to the Police to collect some money like turning in those guns that end up in the hands of criminals because he could not get rid of it any other way and found it in a shack or something.

Well, I would mention more, but then unfortunately, I have to go to work.

I am sure that most Americans hope you enjoy your stay while here, and do not get depressed over this world, because there always is the discussion here at:

Above Top Secret forums.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hello Janasstar!
I can't quote regulations or policy of the goverment but I am a former Marine. Foreign troops come to our bases here in the states quite a bit. And as the soldier stated for training. And usually not in large numbers like we go oversea's. The thing is. We and the world, so far, don't expect combat to happen here yet. So NATO troops don't come here to do mock excercises like we, the U.S., do oversea's. We do large combat excersises on other peoples land (private property and foreign gov. owned.). We do damage to farmers fields quite a bit. I personaly have picked up a watermellon while moving through a farmers crop in Italy and ate it while on the move. They do get money for letting us do maneuvers. Amongst other things.

We just don't see many foreign troops here because we don't expect to fight a war here yet.

[edit on (8/19/0707 by arloray]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by arloray
Hello Janasstar!
I can't quote regulations or policy of the goverment but I am a former Marine. Foreign troops come to our bases here in the states quite a bit. And as the soldier stated for training. And usually not in large numbers like we go oversea's. The thing is. We and the world, so far, don't expect combat to happen here yet. So NATO troops don't come here to do mock excercises like we, the U.S., do oversea's. We do large combat excersises on other peoples land (private property and foreign gov. owned.). We do damage to farmers fields quite a bit. I personaly have picked up a watermellon while moving through a farmers crop in Italy and ate it while on the move. They do get money for letting us do maneuvers. Amongst other things.

We just don't see many foreign troops here because we don't expect to fight a war here yet.

[edit on (8/19/0707 by arloray]

Thank you for your input, all was going well until you said, "YET!"

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Janastar (sp?)

That would have freaked me a little also. With all this talk to camps, underground bases and NWO. What are we to believe? You did well informing us and I thank you. BTW dont you just love the you American posts? As if we are all the same dumbed down dolts. Personally id like the pimp slap the fool but....

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by janasstar

Ooops! sorry about the "yet." Military training. Be prepared for the unexpected and all that.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HooHaa
Janastar (sp?)

That would have freaked me a little also. With all this talk to camps, underground bases and NWO. What are we to believe? You did well informing us and I thank you. BTW dont you just love the you American posts? As if we are all the same dumbed down dolts. Personally id like the pimp slap the fool but....

Yes, frankly, I have read into some of these things. I don't really know what to believe any more. I have a friend who is way off the deepend on conspiracy theories, and I know I don't want to go that far. He's suffering extreme paranoia. But with everything that goes on, you don't hardly know who to trust anymore. And you do wonder...Are we 'America, the land of the free, still yet?'

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join