It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign Troops Training on American Soil

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Rockpuck, I'm at my wit's end with you. Arguing doesn't work with you. Apologizing doesn't work with you. Reasoning doesn't work with you. Frankly I don't know what does. Sorry I don't have my psychiatrist's hat on today, so I can't help you. But sometimes we could all use a little therapy. You do seem to be consumed with a lot of hate and that can sometimes be a spiritual problem. But this is not the thread to deal with that issue. You seem intent on convincing me that ATS is a bloody battlefield, and I have no right being here. And that it is NOT a learning experience. Did everyone come to this site knowing all about it when they got here?
Seems to be your opinion that this thread should be closed. Maybe it should. I will question the forum mod's and see what they say. At this point it would suit me just fine. I think evrything has been said that needs to be said. That's my opinion. I'll leave it open for a few more hours before taking action of any kind to see what others think.

[edit on 08/11/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
One more thing before this thread bites the dust. When I am wrong, I like to think I can put on my 'big girl panties' and admit it. I believe that I have been wrong in opening this thread. I was ignorant about some things. I wish to thank all of you for your input. This thread was never meant to be demeaning to anyone. Especially our foreign allies. I just wanted some confirmation on some things. And as usual, open mouth, insert foot.

[someone keeps bringing up Alex Jones; and I guess it's a good thing you did because it just popped in my head that maybe that's where I heard that statement about, "No foreign troops to be trained on American soil!" I stated before that I have a friend who is over the edge with paranoia in conspiracy theories. To placate him, sometimes I watch some of his stuff with him to try to give him an objective viewpoint. the condition he is in is very sad. I think that's where that statement came from. It obviously can't be American Policy. As the readers here have pointed out; this has been taking place for countless years.]
(allow me to say that I don't know enough about alex jones to have a personal opinion. My friend is into a lot more sites than just Mr. Jones')

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hmmm ...

Perhaps everyone should refocus their "efforts" on the actual topic of discussion, here. (?)
... as opposed to addressing individual perceptions of a fellow member's character and or person.

» ATS Skunk Works » Foreign Troops Training on American Soil » Post Reply

Please post in response to the TOPIC itself and NOT in the manner which has seemingly sidetracked this thread.

Thank you.

[edit on 21-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Thank you Mod, seems some of us got a little off course. I'd like to see this thread stay open long enough that the proper people get the apologies they deserve, then I think it needs to die a rapid death. Jana
For those that haven't seen the preceeding posts, I am in complete agreement that this thread needs to end.
I would ask the Mods to end it now, but it is important to me to apologize to the Czech troops training here and any other American allies that may have been offended by this thread. If I live long enough I will get wiser. Please forgive my ignorance and the things that led to it, and thank you all for your input.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
When I was in Iran in the 70's the pilot that flew our helicopter from dig to dig was an airforce pilot trained in the US. As were most of the other pilots, especially the F-14 ones.

Just because you see some foreign soldiers it doesn't mean you're being secretly invaded.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
When I was in the army I saw "soldiers" propably from 15 different countries in my effin NATO checkpoint. Its called exercise.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I've asked for this thread to be removed! It's just a matter of time. Once again, my apologies to anyone that may have been offended. That was not my purpose. I am much more educated on these matters, thanks to all of you at ATS> Thank you, Jana

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
Ok but let's go to the OP's post. Russian troops? It is no big secret that the relationship between the US and Russia is strained (and that can easily be considered an understatement) does it still make sense to you that at this moment in time they would be training in Texas with US Special Forces?

If you think that is normal, I want to live in your world

Explain the ISS, cuz the Russians are their.

This is nothing out of the ordinary, interesting, yes. However, this has been going on for a very long time.

Deployed to 29 Stumps in California, doing our CAX training, it was common to see Arab Soldiers walking around. This is of course Pre Attack in 94/95. It suprised me back then probably like it is suprising you right now. However, its been happening for a very long time. If you think its a big conspiracy, thats your problem to overcome. Now Heinz and thier 57 flavors, is Masonic.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar
I've asked for this thread to be removed! It's just a matter of time. Once again, my apologies to anyone that may have been offended. That was not my purpose. I am much more educated on these matters, thanks to all of you at ATS> Thank you, Jana

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
As I have said before, I have asked the mods to close this thread. I am pasting their answer here. Once again, I wish to make apologies to those offended. Due to Due health risks I cannot participate in anything stressful anytime in the near future, nor do I wish to. So hopefully you all will join me in letting this thread die off. Sincerely, Jana 22/08/2007 The following is my answer from the mods:

Threads are rarely closed unless they're duplicates or in violation of the Terms & Conditions , at which point they typically end up in the trash bin.

While I can certainly appreciate and feel for your situation both here and at home, I'd have to say the "best foot forward" would be to simply move on ... past this thread. If you find yourself having no further interest and or desire to participate in a given discussion ... don't. (?)

On a side note:
If ever a question or concern, please don't hesitate to ask.

All the best,
12m8keall2c
want to make all to see
ATS Member and super moderator

reply forward save delete

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
That's interesting, I didn't know that.

I also heard of this country, that like, didn't just train their troops in another country, they sent them to war there for no reason and f***ed the whole place up.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Due to Due health risks I cannot participate in anything stressful anytime in the near future, nor do I wish to. So hopefully you all will join me in letting this thread die off.

I am not a psychiatrist (I was once in psych residency, but was kicked out so decided to go to law school), well anyway, it seems one of your health problems is a compulsive desire to go back to a thread you detest, but which you have to unless the thread is finished off. This is really interesting. Maybe you could start a new topic like that and get your compulsion transferred to something less stressful.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising

the crap from Darkstar about kicking the Czechs and her own brand of paranoia about foreign troops trying to take her guns away from her.

Ahem...its DarkHEART...darkheart..not star...geezz...

and isn't funny that it is always the Brits that can't have guns that call us Americans paranoid?...get over it pal, we're gun owners and I'll kick a Brit also..in the bollocks...sir...

[edit on 21-8-2007 by darkheartrising]

I know i'm a bit late on the scene on this, just intended to read through the thread, laugh at some of the insecurity and ignorance displayed but.....this is truly amazing,
He's a Kiwi from New Zealand, and I suspect will be quite offended at being called "a brit".
I think you really should brush up on world geography instead of thinking the world revolves around the USA.
Allies work together and help each other, that's what friends do.
We have no intention to take your guns away, you're quite welcome to them.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Read through the thread and had a good chuckle. Most amusing....

But, as has been pointed out on more than one occasion, foreign troops do and have been training in the US for quite some time. Since WW2 in fact, at least for the British.

My dad is ex-British Army and is now a contractor for REME (Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers) in the British Army. He is off to the states more times than I have hot dinners, usually to see new missiles blow stuff up or see how other stuff fares when blown up. Obviously, he does a bit more whilst he is there, but thats the videos he brings back!

Point being, it happens and has been happening for a long time.

I do have a question though, why the Xenophobia?

Why is it such a "shock" and "worrying"?

And why the obsession with killing foreign troops? Getting in the practice for a bit of "Blue on Blue", as you guy's call it?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I was a bit surprised to see Jana's original post.

But sometimes seeing foreign troops in the flesh can be a bit disturbing. I live in the UK/Scotland. One Summers morning last year we'd gone for a drive down the Ayrshire coast and were alarmed to be stopped at a road block by a unit of the German Army. Unknown to us a major NATO training event was taking place and German, Dutch and American troops were advancing from landing raft up the beaches.

We had a fantastic view and the German troops were nothing but helpful during the half hour we were delayed - and they'd even set up a mobile canteen to give us stranded drivers some coffee. But there was an initial "panic" for those few seconds when you're driving up to soldiers blocking a road in your own country. Quite funny in retrospect.

But I can see where Jana is coming from, especially if she hasn't seen foreign troopers before. Hopefully she's been reassured that such cross operations between NATO forces is pretty normal and done for good reason.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197

But sometimes seeing foreign troops in the flesh can be a bit disturbing. I live in the UK/Scotland. One Summers morning last year we'd gone for a drive down the Ayrshire coast and were alarmed to be stopped at a road block by a unit of the German Army. Unknown to us a major NATO training event was taking place and German, Dutch and American troops were advancing from landing raft up the beaches.

We had a fantastic view and the German troops were nothing but helpful during the half hour we were delayed - and they'd even set up a mobile canteen to give us stranded drivers some coffee. But there was an initial "panic" for those few seconds when you're driving up to soldiers blocking a road in your own country. Quite funny in retrospect.

But I can see where Jana is coming from, especially if she hasn't seen foreign troopers before. Hopefully she's been reassured that such cross operations between NATO forces is pretty normal and done for good reason.

I do appreciate your understanding of my feelings here, on my original posting. I have been thoroughly educated since. Some, such as yourself, were very kind in their explanations to me, and others felt that they needed to be abusive. I hadn't intended to post here any further, but felt that good manners were in order. Thank you. I do still monitor this thread because I have a responsibility for having opened it. I will respond if it becomes necessary to explain that my ignorance has been corrected.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaehkimx

Due to Due health risks I cannot participate in anything stressful anytime in the near future, nor do I wish to. So hopefully you all will join me in letting this thread die off.

I am not a psychiatrist (I was once in psych residency, but was kicked out so decided to go to law school), well anyway, it seems one of your health problems is a compulsive desire to go back to a thread you detest, but which you have to unless the thread is finished off. This is really interesting. Maybe you could start a new topic like that and get your compulsion transferred to something less stressful.

The forum mods have already cautioned about sticking to the topic of this thread. My reasons for doing anything is not the topic. And as you, yourself stated, you were kicked out of psych, so maybe you better stick with law. If your tactic to deal with people who are stressed is mockery, then it would be the world's blessing that you were kicked out of such a sensitive field as psych. Believe me, I've worked alongside enough 'loonies' in that field. They need more people with a compassionate air.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar

Originally posted by Niall197

I do appreciate your understanding of my feelings here, on my original posting. I have been thoroughly educated since. Some, such as yourself, were very kind in their explanations to me, and others felt that they needed to be abusive. I hadn't intended to post here any further, but felt that good manners were in order. Thank you. I do still monitor this thread because I have a responsibility for having opened it. I will respond if it becomes necessary to explain that my ignorance has been corrected.

Sorry janastar, I never intended to mock you. But this thing about German troops in Scotland, why this is operation Sea Lion like Adolf wanted. I can see this on a Monthy Python spoof, where the Fuhrer Hilter directs his men to take das Edinburer...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Monty Python didn't immediately come to mind

The German guys looked a pretty fiercesome bunch, although friendly enough. All seemed to speak good English too. Although I managed to splutter out some schoolboy German phrases which I remembered from the dim & distant past such as "drei kaffee bitte" which caused much amusement - think the Europeans sometimes find it hugely amusing with Brits and their feeble language skills.

The lack of local police was a bit odd. Although turns up there was a snafu between the police & the military, the road we were on should've been closed to the public an hour earlier than it was - confusion between GMT that the military use and daylight savings time that the locals were using.

That's why they need to practise !!!

Anyway. Think this thread has died a death.

Auf Wiederseh'n !!

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

More like Dads Army

Don't tell them your name Pike

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join